2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm available most dates before mid-October - as long as I'm paired with Jacob. All he does is talk about his so-called 95 mph SS but that man is straight hustle.

when he says 95 mph it's in reference to the rotational speed of his ponytail and not the speed of the swing...

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I'm available most dates before mid-October - as long as I'm paired with Jacob. All he does is talk about his so-called 95 mph SS but that man is straight hustle.

when he says 95 mph it's in reference to the rotational speed of his ponytail and not the speed of the swing...

He did say the last time he put his ponytail on Trackman it broke the radar...

Jacob... please post more details about the scramble at RHR.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I'm a dummy and voted for the 21st/22nd not realizing I'll be in Oregon. We'll see how the votes pan out and if I can make it, great. If not, maybe I'll play Bandon while I'm there?

You can only play Bandon if you bring us all along. It's only fair.

Random question for you all.... Does anyone have next Tuesday off and feel like helping me navigate Murphy?

I've only played it once and could use a hand for this US Mid-Am Qual....

Ooo....I was planning on using a sick day that day to hang out with my girlfriend (that is flying in from Canada to visit). I think she'd kill me if I used that day to go golfing though.

^^^^^^^^^^ what he said

I looked at the website and didn't see anything. I'd definitely be interested in this event too. I love playing there.

Yeah they're website isn't the best. Here's the email I got last year for it. The email came in October 1st.

SOUThtP.png

Random question for you all.... Does anyone have next Tuesday off and feel like helping me navigate Murphy?

I wish I could. I'd be happy to give you any info you might want on it though. Just remember to take it with a grain of salt, because it's coming from the perspective of my game.

Also have a yardage book if you want me to snap pictures and send them your way.

^^^^^^^^^^ what he said

I looked at the website and didn't see anything. I'd definitely be interested in this event too. I love playing there.

Yeah they're website isn't the best. Here's the email I got last year for it. The email came in October 1st.

SOUThtP.png

Looks fun, I may be around to tomahawk some drivers in a group. No stupid string or mulligan crap right?

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

^^^^^^^^^^ what he said

Looks fun, I may be around to tomahawk some drivers in a group. No stupid string or mulligan crap right?

If there were Mulligans to buy, my group didn't know about it. So I'd say there aren't any. But you do have to use 2 drives from everyone in the group.

I just called the RHR pro shop. Yes, they will be hosting one again this year. No, they don't have a date yet. He did say it would be a Sunday where (1) the Donkeys have an away game and (2) game time starts at 2:25pm.

Looking at their schedule, it means... October 22! (Or November 26.)

They will send an e-mail out once the date is established.

Ooo....I was planning on using a sick day that day to hang out with my girlfriend (that is flying in from Canada to visit). I think she'd kill me if I used that day to go golfing though.

Posting about your girlfriend who happens to live in another country is the most internet thing I've read today. Kudos to you sir. I'd give you Reddit gold if I knew what that was.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

BTW, I'm taking a golf lesson 2 hours from now...does this mean I'm banned from WRX for a week?

Anyway back to the RHR scramble. I really think we should try to get a couple teams together for this if possible. Sorry in advance to whoever has to take two of my drives.

Also, nobody loves scrambles more than I do...however.....

Why doesn't anyone do anything about all the blatant cheating that goes on in them? I know they are supposed to be for charity/fun but I feel like most of them have some type of shenanigans going on in them. What we did (and they still do) in Michigan is to just play 2 teams per hole at the same time. So rather than an #12A and #12B group you simply just play together. Doesn't that take like 6 hours to play a round as an eightsome? Actually not at all. People just hit the ball when ready (we'll even have 2 people tee off concurrently) and you meet the other team up at the green. Even putting doesn't have to take long if you are ready to go when it is your turn. One time we went off after men's league in a fifteensome where we had 5 teams of three. We finished nine holes in under 2 hours.

I love scrambles too. I'm playing in my buddy's charity tournament for Huntington's disease tomorrow morning at Raccoon Creek. I have no expectations to win...I put together the drinking team lol. Nothing like having a screwdriver or red bull and vodka before 7am. It should be a great time!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I prefer 2 man scrambles, because you play with another team. Therefore keeping everyone honest. 4-person scrambles you always have to take the results with a grain of salt. Although, if we get some teams of 4 CO WRXs together...I'd can easily see 18 under or better.

Honestly, I don't care about winning. Someone is always better with the eraser.

If we could get 8 WRXers, we could do a blind draw that morning. Maybe even get RHR to put us in consecutive groups. No strings, no mulligans. Lowest score gets a pitcher of beer from the other team. I think the goal should be -20.

My brother's high school golf team won their first tournament of the season today. :D To put a cherry on top, it was their school's invitational as well. The kids all rallied super hard to pull through with the victory, and it was awesome. Especially proud of my brother who managed to get it together and shoot 7 strokes (!) better on his second 9 as compared to the first. Can't be mentally easy to do that!

Here are some cool photos of my brother Ryan from the day.

I prefer 2 man scrambles, because you play with another team. Therefore keeping everyone honest. 4-person scrambles you always have to take the results with a grain of salt. Although, if we get some teams of 4 CO WRXs together...I'd can easily see 18 under or better.

If we could get 8 WRXers, we could do a blind draw that morning. Maybe even get RHR to put us in consecutive groups. No strings, no mulligans. Lowest score gets a pitcher of beer from the other team. I think the goal should be -20.

Wow that's ambitious. Did you learn how to putt and not tell anyone?

Seriously though I like your thinking.

Especially proud of my brother who managed to get it together and shoot 7 strokes (!) better on his second 9 as compared to the first. Can't be mentally easy to do that!

That is an impressive Ray-Ray round. He clearly played like Ray Charles on the front and Ray Floyd on the back

BTW, I'm taking a golf lesson 2 hours from now...does this mean I'm banned from WRX for a week?

Anyway back to the RHR scramble. I really think we should try to get a couple teams together for this if possible. Sorry in advance to whoever has to take two of my drives.

Also, nobody loves scrambles more than I do...however.....

Why doesn't anyone do anything about all the blatant cheating that goes on in them? I know they are supposed to be for charity/fun but I feel like most of them have some type of shenanigans going on in them. What we did (and they still do) in Michigan is to just play 2 teams per hole at the same time. So rather than an #12A and #12B group you simply just play together. Doesn't that take like 6 hours to play a round as an eightsome? Actually not at all. People just hit the ball when ready (we'll even have 2 people tee off concurrently) and you meet the other team up at the green. Even putting doesn't have to take long if you are ready to go when it is your turn. One time we went off after men's league in a fifteensome where we had 5 teams of three. We finished nine holes in under 2 hours.

I agree about the cheating thing. I get sick of seeing 50 and 52's. There's no way people shoot that honestly. I will also never stoop to that level and cheat so if I lose a scramble being honest and shooting 56 then so be it.

The only scramble I've seen that does this correctly is the World Scramble Championships. They do 8 person tee times. I could see it going just as fast if everyone is conscious about it but some might not be.

Whew, that is definitely ambitious. Shooting a number like that is all about putting. You need two guys with hot putters making every 15 footer looked at. If you have four good sticks you'll have a ton of 10-25 footers all day long you'll need to make.

I could be in for the RHR scramble but I think we should do our own thing for a CO WRX day.

I wish I could join you at MC.... i just don't think I could make it there by 11am. The wife wants to go hiking in the morning. We're doing a trail up a little past Evergreen. I'd imagine we'll be back home between 10-11, but that would be cutting it really close. Good luck on the tournament next week!