MEMBER REVIEWS: TPT Golf Shafts!! See What They Are Saying!!!

For the 3 (has there been more?) shafts that have broken in the test group, have they all been the same model/profile?

Does anyone know how/why this is happening?

I believe they've all been the LKP LT LW model. I haven't been given a reason as to why it's happening.

I was told mine might have snapped because it was tipped 1.5”. They believe I’ll maintain the same performance tipped 1”, so that’s what supposed to be coming from Switzerland.

The difference between my experience and ebrasmus21’s is I got 15 rounds in before I had a problem. Before each round I probably hit driver 8-10 times on the range. And I spent a good hour or so on the range dialing it in the day I got it. So I may have hit 400+ balls before it broke.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

For the 3 (has there been more?) shafts that have broken in the test group, have they all been the same model/profile?

I believe they've all been the LKP LT LW model. I haven't been given a reason as to why it's happening.

I was told mine might have snapped because it was tipped 1.5”. They believe I’ll maintain the same performance tipped 1”, so that’s what supposed to be coming from Switzerland.

The difference between my experience and ebrasmus21’s is I got 15 rounds in before I had a problem. Before each round I probably hit driver 8-10 times on the range. And I spent a good hour or so on the range dialing it in the day I got it. So I may have hit 400+ balls before it broke.

Shaft #1 I hit probably 25 balls before it broke

Shaft #2 I might have hit 10 before it broke

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Got some more time with mine. So far I'm not sold. I don't know what it is but it doesn't feel like it kicks right for me. I messed with the loft and other than a higher ballflight and spin, there wasn't any change in the dispersion compared to where it was pured. The ball just doesn't seem to come hot off the face for me.....still scratching my head. I don't know why they wanted to tip it half an inch, none of my other driver shafts have been tipped, and I'm wondering if that would be the problem. I can't say I'm 100% confident in the fit at this point.....

and after todays round, i left driver in the bag after 9 holes.

Interesting things to hear, I'm in the 15 MKP model up at 115-118 mph and I was fit for it untipped, I've been getting excellent results besides having some small issues with really low Ballflight right now, but I think it's more a product of me over the shaft as it wasn't happening and now later on it is post fitting and testing.

I still feel like there's some shots I've hit that I've been really angry about and have it come down in a way better spot than I expected it to, that's a good thing.

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

a little more promising today. messed with ball position to try and level out my angle of attack which is normally around +6 degrees. still feels a little too stiff unless i really go after it. still on the fence with it though. probably won't get out much for a bit if this hurricane makes it this direction.

YAY! I finally got mine!

oueoUb7.jpg

GjZptQu.jpg

My swing/game was SO bad yesterday, that I'm 100% discounting any results. I just couldn't hit the ball, with any club in my bag. I only hit 1 out of 9 fairways with the TPT shaft, and only 2 out of 14 fairways total for the day. And I missed 4 left, 4 right...some pushes, some pulls, some slices, some hooks. The opposite of consistent, which is the direct opposite of my fitting results. Last weekend, I went 12/14 fairways. So it was definitely me, not the equipment.

I will say, with the graphics installed down, there's a pesky little serial number staring right back up at you at address. I don't know which is more distracting, the huge, brightly colored graphics, or that small, stamped serial number.

I had a hard time finding the serial number when they asked me for it. You can actually see it at address?

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

a little more promising today. messed with ball position to try and level out my angle of attack which is normally around +6 degrees. still feels a little too stiff unless i really go after it. still on the fence with it though. probably won't get out much for a bit if this hurricane makes it this direction.

I know this is off topic but stay safe my friend.

YAY! I finally got mine!

oueoUb7.jpg

GjZptQu.jpg

My swing/game was SO bad yesterday, that I'm 100% discounting any results. I just couldn't hit the ball, with any club in my bag. I only hit 1 out of 9 fairways with the TPT shaft, and only 2 out of 14 fairways total for the day. And I missed 4 left, 4 right...some pushes, some pulls, some slices, some hooks. The opposite of consistent, which is the direct opposite of my fitting results. Last weekend, I went 12/14 fairways. So it was definitely me, not the equipment.

I will say, with the graphics installed down, there's a pesky little serial number staring right back up at you at address. I don't know which is more distracting, the huge, brightly colored graphics, or that small, stamped serial number.

I'd say your mind and eyes were not where it was supposed to be. Focus, man, focus!

I've played a TPT shaft for almost a year and never noticed what you described.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Shaft #1 I hit probably 25 balls before it broke

Shaft #2 I might have hit 10 before it broke

Probably hit your back in the follow-through and you probably did not notice. I was part of the prototype test group and it hit my back ... and guess what. Remember, right shoulder down on the downswing and don't collapse. They're working on it. In the meantime,

Try not to do that ... hit your back. It's a Ferrari.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I am playing the 17 LKP, my speed is about 90-95.

I've played TPT for about a year now as part of an initial test group. I've seen changes but the shaft performs. I like it rolling out to 275 in the summer on my puny swing. In the winter, still getting 230-250, more with wind hitting my back. My AOA is about +4-6 and spin about 2200-2500.

Shaft is smooth, stays with me, has lots of energy - made a big difference for the better in my game.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I had a hard time finding the serial number when they asked me for it. You can actually see it at address?

Quite easily. Just about 2 inches bellow my grip.

ksLGfHc.jpg

weird, mine is the same color as the shaft and nearly impossible to see.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Quite easily. Just about 2 inches bellow my grip.

ksLGfHc.jpg

weird, mine is the same color as the shaft and nearly impossible to see.

+1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Here's what mine looked like. If I turn the shaft a fraction, it disappears. Maybe try a gray sharpie on it?

I'll have a replacement shaft on Thursday. Really looking forward to getting the TPT back out on the course.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I just finished my first round with my replacement shaft and it was as good, if not better.

The previous shaft was tipped 1.5”. This one is 1”. I could lose it a little right with the first one. Left proof still but easier to draw when I needed to.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

So far I've played 2 rounds with mine. Both were extremely "off" days, where I shot some of the worst overall scores of the year. But it wasn't just issues with the driver, I was mishitting every club in the bag.

Went to an indoor hitting studio with some launch monitors on Tuesday, and spent an hour hitting on a GC2 driving range. Driver felt and was doing much better. Went to an outdoor range last night, and everything was going dead straight. Just for fun & goofing around, I tried taking some huge John Daly/Long Drive back swings, and I was still hitting them dead straight. Even when I could feel a heel or toe strike, I didn't seem to lose much distance or deviate from my target too much. Super happy and optimistic for my 2-Day tournament this weekend. Unfortunately, it's a short course where many of the Par 4's are sub-400 yards...so I will probably won't pull out the driver very often.

Working on a little video to include in this thread. I'm no Rick Shiels though.

So far I've played 2 rounds with mine. Both were extremely "off" days, where I shot some of the worst overall scores of the year. But it wasn't just issues with the driver, I was mishitting every club in the bag.

Went to an indoor hitting studio with some launch monitors on Tuesday, and spent an hour hitting on a GC2 driving range. Driver felt and was doing much better. Went to an outdoor range last night, and everything was going dead straight. Just for fun & goofing around, I tried taking some huge John Daly/Long Drive back swings, and I was still hitting them dead straight. Even when I could feel a heel or toe strike, I didn't seem to lose much distance or deviate from my target too much. Super happy and optimistic for my 2-Day tournament this weekend. Unfortunately, it's a short course where many of the Par 4's are sub-400 yards...so I will probably won't pull out the driver very often.

Have you considered using a British accent in your video?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Have you considered using a British accent in your video?

Fortunately for everyone, I will not be talking at all. Lol

I've been sitting on something pretty cool.....waiting for things to be worked out.

In October, TPT is sending me to Jon Sinclair Golf in Texas. We're going to take a look at the shaft I have now, explore other options (like the prototypes) and then we'll do a full bag fitting.

It's a very exciting opportunity that I look forward to sharing with you all.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I've been sitting on something pretty cool.....waiting for things to be worked.

In October, TPT is sending me to Jon Sinclair Golf in Texas. We're going to take a look at the shaft I have now, explore other options (like the prototypes) and then we'll do a full bag fitting.

It's a very exciting opportunity that I look forward to sharing with you all.

Congrats. You will like Jon - I've gone to him for a couple of years as my insructor -- Jon is a magician with fitting - between looking at Trackman Stats, dispersion, and changing things up, he tells you like it is and what's working. Besides an excellent instructor, he has a good sense of humor, doesn't let you get away with anything, and is also good with the psychology game and golf.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Like scottaz I will also be flying out to Sinclair Golf courtesy of TPT. Cannot wait and I'm immensely grateful to TPT and Sinclair for the opportunity.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Nice, that sounds so fun! Is that all because of the shaft breaking issues you guys have dealt with?

Yes. TPT stands by their products and technology. As a result of breaking multiple shafts TPT is putting their money where their mouth is and will have us fit by one of the best in the industry to make up for the disappointing results that Scott and I have had thus far.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Nice, that sounds so fun! Is that all because of the shaft breaking issues you guys have dealt with?

Yes. TPT stands by their products and technology. As a result of breaking multiple shafts TPT is putting their money where their mouth is and will have us fit by one of the best in the industry to make up for the disappointing results that Scott and I have had thus far.

Remember, don't let the shaft hit your back too hard - but they're working on that. Jon will fit you well - get read for foot powder on your driver. lol.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Being a new company, I'm guessing they want to see different types of swings with their shafts? Considering Eric and I have had issues, and we're both playing the same shaft, it makes sense they would like to see ours. This is a very cool thing for us, but even if I wasn't involved, I'd love to see this kind of commitment to ensure long term success.

The on course results I've seen so far have me really pulling for them. For me, their shaft just makes the game easier. I played 15 rounds with the TPT and then was without it for a few weeks. I could not wait to get it back in play. Today I picked up right where I left off. Insanely accurate.

We were just told today about the whole bag fitting and that was a really nice surprise.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400