MEMBER REVIEWS: TPT Golf Shafts!! See What They Are Saying!!!

That's amazing. I know a lot of people in here were wanting TPT to join the conversation and post something in response. Well, this is quite the response! Amazing customer service and dedication.

The impression I've received thus far:

1. TPT is embarrassed that this has happened at all

2. They truly believe in their products

3. They've handled the situation in a professional manner

4. They're putting their money where their mouth is

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

That's amazing. I know a lot of people in here were wanting TPT to join the conversation and post something in response. Well, this is quite the response! Amazing customer service and dedication.

TPT has been in contact pretty much daily since I had my issue.

Asking questions, giving answers or just checking in.

So yeah, the customer service has been top notch.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Being a new company, I'm guessing they want to see different types of swings with their shafts? Considering Eric and I have had issues, and we're both playing the same shaft, it makes sense they would like to see ours. This is a very cool thing for us, but even if I wasn't involved, I'd love to see this kind of commitment to ensure long term success.

The on course results I've seen so far have me really pulling for them. For me, their shaft just makes the game easier. I played 15 rounds with the TPT and then was without it for a few weeks. I could not wait to get it back in play. Today I picked up right where I left off. Insanely accurate.

We were just told today about the whole bag fitting and that was a really nice surprise.

Wait, wait, what happens if 3 shafts broke? Glad to have y'all in Dallas when you get fit. I did get a shaft back quickly. Great shafts. They even win on tour ... frequently! They've been great about their warranty and treating people in the correct manner.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

When the two of you come to Dallas, actually Euless, which is about 20 minutes west of DFW Airport, maybe you'll have time to play after the fitting at Texas Star GC. Jon's place is at the back of the range. He has two huge garage bays where you hit out to their range. It's one of the better courses around and a great place to test your new shafts.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

When the two of you come to Dallas, actually Euless, which is about 20 minutes west of DFW Airport, maybe you'll have time to play after the fitting at Texas Star GC. Jon's place is at the back of the range. He has two huge garage bays where you hit out to their range. It's one of the better courses around and a great place to test your new shafts.

Haven’t ironed out the logistics yet but if time permits it would be nice to play. Thanks for the recommendation.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Haven't ironed out the logistics yet but if time permits it would be nice to play. Thanks for the recommendation.

Got it. I'd join you if I can. Jon can just take you to the first tee in his cart. lol.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Great to hear that TPT is taking care of you guys. Have had some good exchanges with them as well via PM and they seem very passionate about their products.

I am hopeful to get out a couple times this week and get some numbers on my MKP prior to a tournament next weekend. Have some family in the Carolinas so golf just hasn’t been on the priority list. Will be good to see how the shaft handles some rusty swings.

Haven't ironed out the logistics yet but if time permits it would be nice to play. Thanks for the recommendation.

Got it. I'd join you if I can. Jon can just take you to the first tee in his cart. lol.

Had a lesson with Jon today and mentioned the trip and fitting, asking if the guys would have time to play.

"No,' he said. "I will wear them out with a full bag fitting."

I can see that - afer an hour in his big garage bay in humid weather, I was dripping wet today. He will wear you out.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Had a lesson with Jon today and mentioned the trip and fitting, asking if the guys would have time to play.

"No,' he said. "I will wear them out with a full bag fitting."

I can see that - afer an hour in his big garage bay in humid weather, I was dripping wet today. He will wear you out.

Can’t wait to meet Jon. Really looking forward to it.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

After observing my swing, he may cut the fitting short and go watch some football.

Nope - Jon is a gamer.

He works with juniors all the way to major champions.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Bring some extra gloves! Full bag fittings are tough. I don’t have the endurance to swing well for a full bag fitting lol.

That’s awesome that TPT stands behind their products. They’re absolutely fantastic shafts.

I continue to be amazed by the results with mine. It just wants to go straight. Doesn’t twist if I hit it off the toe or hell. Just stays stable and sends the ball straight.

I’ve hit several off the heel in particular that I thought would be horrible and they ended up straight. It is kind of odd to make one of those swings with that contact and look up and see your ball just going straight slightly left of your target.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

I've had the TPT shaft out on the course a handful of times now with that time being a nice mix of actual play and testing. To recap, I was fitted into:

TPT 16-MKP-MT-SW -- Head is a tour issue 2017 M2 10.5* on standard setting. Actual build ended up being tipped 0.25" after an issue with the original install, so now playing at 44.75" and D2 which is pretty much ideal for me. According to TPT, that amount of tipping won't noticeably affect any characteristics of the shaft.

On course - As I mentioned above, I've spent time on the course getting used to and comparing the TPT to my now long-time gamer shaft which is an untipped original Diamana Whiteboard 63x. The MKP as the name suggests has a very smooth but noticeable kick in the midsection, but in contrast to almost every other shaft I've tried with this profile, it performs at a much more stout and capable level. It took me some time to get used to, and honestly I'm still trying to acclimate because it feels softer than it is which I would assume is the product of the materials and thin-ply technology. I noticed during the fitting that it's a shaft that I can make a smooth, controlled swing or step on it a little, and the results are very similar and in a good way. I'm happy to say that's something that has translated very well to the course. As others have mentioned, this thing just wants to go straight. Even on poor strikes there isn't a lot of curve to the flight. It is slightly more prone to go left (for me) but it's rarely if ever a hook and more of a medium draw at the absolute worst which I can live with. On that note, I haven't found it to be quite as accurate as my gamer, but it is certainly in the conversation. While it definitely does tend to go straight, I will still get the occasional ball that ends up on a completely different line than what I expected even though the swing and strike feel great. To be fair, I think this may be more a product of the profile and just how it works with my swing/release.

Data - Below are the averages of testing with new golf balls using my own Mevo. I've never used the metallic stickers so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the spin numbers, but I wanted to provide them regardless. This is a great representation of what I see on course - MKP launches a bit lower with a lower apex than the Whiteboard. It's been extremely wet and soggy so tough to comment on anything but carry, but the Whiteboard always seems to end up a few yards longer than the TPT on equal strikes. At my clubhead and ball speed, I think the extra launch is just a bit more optimum.

TPT MKP

Carry - 260.5

Ball speed - 154.3

Spin - 2855

Launch - 13.0

Height - 38.2

Diamana Whiteboard

Carry - 264

Ball speed - 154.9

Spin - 2795

Launch - 14.8

Height 43.3

Summary - The jury is still out as I'd like to spend some more time with it but it won't be replacing my gamer as of yet. I would love to be able to give the 15 a try on course because of how close they were on the monitor so maybe down the road. One thing is for sure - this is a really, really solid product, and I think there is a lot to like about the tech that TPT has brought to market. What they've been able to achieve in terms of feel versus performance is incredibly impressive and, in my opinion, has put them in a position to stand out against other manufacturers. They have also obviously been gaining some traction on tour, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if one of these somehow ended up in you-know-who's bag. :)

So, I've gotten 4 rounds in with my shaft so far. They weren't on overly long courses though, so I didn't use driver on every non Par 3. As I stated, my first time out with it was a complete disaster, from my own swing/game stand point. So I'm going to leave those results out.

So here's a little bit of data from 3 rounds, all at the same course. 1 practice round, 2 tournament rounds from this past weekend. Was hitting the ball a lot better and found my swing again. I was able to cure my 2-way miss, and any time I missed the fairway, it was on the same side. However, the miss was a big slice, which I haven't had in quite some time. 18 shots total:

Vc0edba.jpg

That's a decent amount of fairways hit for me. I'd like to be more in the 65% range, but as an amateur golfer, that might be a little too ambitious. Looking at my previous 10 rounds before the TPT shaft, I had only hit the fairway 49% of the time, with misses on both sides. I also kept getting better each round. On my 3rd round, I went 4 for 6, with the two misses being about 5 yards into the rough.

Distance wise, is pretty spot on to what I usually hit. A few of the shorter drives were either because of the amount of slice/fade I had, or a few holes that were into a pretty stiff breeze. Shortest drive of the 18 was 251 yards, with the longest being 285. A bit surprising there, because I usually poke one 300+ every round. So to go 3 rounds without hitting that elusive number, is a tad surprising.

7SPqXxV.jpg

So between those 3 rounds, I averaged 268.7 yards. Definitely skewed a bit from the couple shots down in the 250 range. My average distance on my 10 previous, non-TPT shaft rounds was 276. I know 3 rounds/18 drives isn't a lot of data, so take the loss of distance with a grain of salt. The course I was playing was heavily watered as well, and I was getting very minimal roll-out once the ball landed. Very soggy fairways. Even had a couple of my tee shots plug (when taking irons off the tee).

Overall I like the shaft. It's gorgeous and I do have quite a bit of confidence standing over it on the tee box. Definitely want to get a lot more time with it on the course. Would love to see what my averages are after 10 rounds or so. Hopefully I can get a few more rounds in before the grass goes dormant and the temperatures start to drop off. Is it worth the hefty price tag? To be determined. So far, it's performing almost identical to my $40 Aldila RIP Alpha shaft. I don't like that my miss has reverted back to a big slice, that the RIP never gave me. But I no longer get the dead pulls left, which were always an unhappy surprise.

So between those 3 rounds, I averaged 268.7 yards. Definitely skewed a bit from the couple shots down in the 250 range. My average distance on my 10 previous, non-TPT shaft rounds was 276.

As reported in my review many pages back, this was my experience as well, even at the fitting. I lost club head speed and smash factor compared to my current gamer. The dispersion was tighter, but I don't have a huge dispersion issue with my current gamer.

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

PXG SDII 58/54 S400 TI, Ping Glide 4.0 50 

Cameron 35in Custom Shop M1 Button Back 
Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

So between those 3 rounds, I averaged 268.7 yards. Definitely skewed a bit from the couple shots down in the 250 range. My average distance on my 10 previous, non-TPT shaft rounds was 276.

As reported in my review many pages back, this was my experience as well, even at the fitting. I lost club head speed and smash factor compared to my current gamer. The dispersion was tighter, but I don't have a huge dispersion issue with my current gamer.

I'll be going through the fitting process again and I'm curious to see what happens then.

During my initial fitting at Club Champ we got me set up with faster ball speeds and better dispersion so my results have been different (at least in that fitting). I hope in my fitting coming up I swing it better than I did at C. Champ because it seemed like it took me forever to get in a groove.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

It's interesting that in my fitting, I was hitting nothing but draws. All my shots were landing within a couple yards of one another. Super tight dispersion. All to the left.

Then, all my misses are actually to the right with big fades/slices in the real world.

Although, I don't fault that to the shaft whatsoever. I've never fully believed in hitting balls into a screen on launch monitors. I don't care how expensive they are, the flight paths never match what actually happens in the real world for me.

It's interesting that in my fitting, I was hitting nothing but draws. All my shots were landing within a couple yards of one another. Super tight dispersion. All to the left.

Then, all my misses are actually to the right with big fades/slices in the real world.

Although, I don't fault that to the shaft whatsoever. I've never fully believed in hitting balls into a screen on launch monitors. I don't care how expensive they are, the flight paths never match what actually happens in the real world for me.

Yes, I know the feeling. But not with TPT. Jon Sinclair had me hitting out to the back of the range and was tracking each ball to get a tighter dispersion. And then I changed my swing. lol.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I wasn't thrilled with it at my fitting. I wonder how sensitive these are to tipping?

My swing speed and ball speed are definitely higher with the TPT but it's significantly lighter than what I've played all year.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I wasn’t thrilled with it at my fitting. I wonder how sensitive these are to tipping?

My swing speed and ball speed are definitely higher with the TPT but it’s significantly lighter than what I’ve played all year.

I'm wondering how sensitive they are to tipping as well. I've never tipped a driver shaft and I still can't find a groove with mine. Unlike you though my ss and bs were about the same as previous shafts. During my fitting the goal seemed to be lowering flight which I'm not really seeing, and my dispersion is worse.

Does the club champion guarantee count towards these tpt fittings too???? been thinking about a refit but I don't know if they will do that since this was a free promo deal vs us buying from them.

SwingMan - any must-sees while in Dallas? I'll have a little bit of time to be a tourist - PM me if you can please.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

SwingMan - any must-sees while in Dallas? I'll have a little bit of time to be a tourist - PM me if you can please.

If you're from the East Coast like me, grab In-N-Out burger while you're there, also Jack in the Box and Whataburger are nice treats for those who don't get access to them. For Golf...Stevens Park golf course is a great public track, had a lot of fun playing The Tribute out in The Colony as well, Tour 18 didn't do much for me.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’m out in CA so I have In n Out regularly but not the other options. Never spent much time in Dallas so I have basically half a day to go do something.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Are you going to rent or Uber?

Jon's place is about 40 minutes from Uptown Dallas. He is not far from Southlake. I think Ft Worth may be more interesting than Dallas in terms of atmosphere and Texas; Uptown Dallas is a young people's area. But in downtown, you can see where JFK was shot, some people just want to see that spot to say they were there... plenty of places to eat in both towns. Do you want to see Stockyards, Sundance Square (Ft Worth) or JFK and Uptown, etc. We can talk. Yes, Whataburger is Texas. But there is a whole lot more.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Jon's place is about 40 minutes from Uptown Dallas. He is not far from Southlake. I think Ft Worth may be more interesting than Dallas in terms of atmosphere and Texas; Uptown Dallas is a young people's area. But in downtown, you can see where JFK was shot, some people just want to see that spot to say they were there... plenty of places to eat in both towns. Do you want to see Stockyards, Sundance Square (Ft Worth) or JFK and Uptown, etc. We can talk. Yes, Whataburger is Texas. But there is a whole lot more.

I've spent a lot of time in TX. My dad was in the air force, we've lived in San Antonio, Del Rio, Lubbock and Wichita Falls going from base to base. BUT I've never really seen Dallas and/or FW - that's why I was asking for some feedback.

SwingMan, based on above - I'm inclined to answer JFK and Uptown unless you can provide advice to the contrary.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I've spent a lot of time in TX. My dad was in the air force, we've lived in San Antonio, Del Rio, Lubbock and Wichita Falls going from base to base. BUT I've never really seen Dallas and/or FW - that's why I was asking for some feedback.

SwingMan, based on above - I'm inclined to answer JFK and Uptown unless you can provide advice to the contrary.

I'll chime in on this! The Stockyards in Fort Worth is really fun, as is Joe T Garcia's Mexican Restaurant right next to it - a wonderful, historic place (been there 80 years). Would also recommend Love Shack (amazing burgers), Lonesome Dove (more upscale but spectacular) or Reata (in downtown), which are both Texan/southwest cuisine. There are the Kimball (fine art) and Amon Carter (American Western) art museums just west of downtown that are phenomenal. Euless is a little bit closer to Fort Worth than it is Dallas, and I tend to prefer the things to see/do in Fort Worth than Dallas.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

I'll chime in on this! The Stockyards in Fort Worth is really fun, as is Joe T Garcia's Mexican Restaurant right next to it - a wonderful, historic place (been there 80 years). Would also recommend Love Shack (amazing burgers), Lonesome Dove (more upscale but spectacular) or Reata (in downtown), which are both Texan/southwest cuisine. There are the Kimball (fine art) and Amon Carter (American Western) art museums just west of downtown that are phenomenal. Euless is a little bit closer to Fort Worth than it is Dallas, and I tend to prefer the things to see/do in Fort Worth than Dallas.

Excellent advice, thank you! Would love to catch an art museum so that's a great idea.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Transitioning from my gamer back to the TPT15 felt different this time. I had a very solid first round with it...but something wasn't quite right. Played two more rounds since then and it's been good but I wasn't seeing the same great dispersion. I had the first set up checked out but I put the replacement right back in the bag when I got it.

My playing partner, who tested the first one, grabbed it and said this feels heavier. Had it checked out after the round and it's playing at 46". Easy fix.

I'm not super sensitive to swing weight and I was coming from a heavy shaft, so it wasn't easy for me to detect. Only mentioning this for the guys who haven't checked theirs out.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400