2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2019 ANA Inspiration Apr 04 - 07

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Stooch said:

> > Nobody want to win this thing lol Jin Young just let everybody back in.

> Yeah, somehow the big names at -2 still have a shot. Small odds but if someone can shoot 67 tomorrow it could be enough.

The -5's are in, but if the wind blows between 15-20 MPH tomorrow then I think the -2's have a chance

> @agolf1 said:

> It's amazing - there are now 4 people at a better score than the 1st round lead. So much different than the typical -15 or so winning score.

I find it to be a real Major, you can score on every hole but you can double bogey every hole too

Glad to see IK Kim make a birdie on 18. I was thinking if she could shoot even today that would be great (hard to backup a low round and there is more pressure today regardless of what happened here in the past/subsequently winning the Open). She's clearly not the favorite tomorrow, but still a heck of a chance all things considered. I'm kind of indifferent between her and Jin Young Ko - just hope both of them can play well and have it be competitive coming in.

Would also be impressive in Danielle Kang can add major #2.

Jin Young is on fire so far this season, she'll be tough to beat. Inky should be fired up tomorrow, I think she 'll see it as a 2nd chance. I think Danielle could sneak up on the leaders, she's been very solid lately. Without weather anyone else not at -5 would have to shot a 64 to have a chance and even then that probably wouldn't be enough.

> @18majors said:

> The worst score Jin Young Ko shot all season is +1; it eliminate players with score of -1 or worse.

> Clearly, it's Jin Young's tournament to lose; but Danielle Kang, Jessica Korda, Sung Hyun Park or Lexi Thompson could pick up the pieces if she stumbles.

Holy crap, I just looked at her scoring for the year! Coming into the ANA, out of 20 rounds, only 3 rounds over par. All 73's. Only 3 more at even par. And a scoring average of 68.0!

Jin Young has the form to take this out. She's hardly put a foot wrong this year. Even with Nellie's crowning achievement, the Aus Open, it was JYK's surging 8-under par runner-up, that pushed Nellie to the final hole, that took my notice.

Mind you, IK is a brilliant front-runner. Whilst not technically in front, I expect at worst, a solid final round for her. So they are both such solid, competitive finishers, it will be very difficult for the rest.

So, my prediction. 75's for IK and JY, Linnea Strom shoots 63 to win in a canter.

Not surprise that one of the best ballstrikers in golf has the lead. I was going to post earlier that she basically had this one in the bag, and then she let it get away from her for a moment. It's going to be an exciting final round.

In-Kyung certainly wasn't planning to shoot over par, but she should be proud that she righted the ship, and finished strong.

Danielle played great, but oh she had her chances. She could be sitting on a lead if a few of those birdie putts would have fallen. She's definitely got to like her chances tomorrow.

Mi Hyang is going to be a wildcard. 'Hard to predict if she can put together another solid round.

As noted, Jin Young's worse round of the year has been a 73. I just don't see the players at -3 being a factor unless someone really lights up the course with a 65 or lower. Given that the best round of the day was a 67, I really don't see it happening.

Again, love how the course is playing. They're really working for those under par rounds.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Call me crazy but I think this is still more open than most others. The top 4 players could all shoot 72-74 tomorrow easily. Depending on who shoots the 74s, it would bring a lot of people into it with a very good but not crazy low round.

No doubt there is a much greater chance the winner comes out of the last two groups but I don't think the field is at lottery odds.

Jin Young Ko clearly playing great this year and she could put it away. But the odds of her laying an egg tomorrow is much higher than 1 / number of rounds she's played this year.

Trusting the weather forecast this week is just being foolish. So I'll say this, if there's no wind I think the winner comes from the last group. If there is wind, then all bets are off and who knows what will happen, there are big numbers out there for everyone.

If someone does something miraculous I think it will be SHP, she knows how to go low in the final round.

> @"Raving Shanker" said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > But the odds of her laying an egg tomorrow is much higher than 1 / number of rounds she's played this year.

> So you are saying, re the conditional probability, (1 / number of rounds she's played this year)>p(E; JYK = egg) >= 0. Mmmm, interesting.

I think your inequality sign is wrong.

Anyways, I just think tomorrow may be different even though her worst round this year is 1 over (and her even at the Founders is essentially a few over even though it's not recorded that way). She's got the game to win it running away. She also wouldn't be the first person to look great and then play poorly with the lead in the final round of a major.

> @4waymiss said:

>

> Dear Inky,

> Please win, or lose by a bunch. Another heart breaking loss from u would be too much for me to take.

> Fourwaymiss

You got that right. I know that 2017 WBO was her redemption, but I wonder how she will feel if she is up by 1 with 1 foot putt to make on 18 at Mission Hills.....

Jennifer Kupcho's ball striking has been truly impressive at Augusta National yesterday, it shows the separation between the best LPGA players and the best amateur golfers in ball striking is very slim. Of course, there're many other factors amateurs need to learn to prosper on professional circuits.

Jennifer's contemporaries and LPGA rookies Linnea Strom, Lauren Stephenson and Kristen Gillman are all still learning the ropes; but it would surprise nobody if one of them wins during the next five to ten events.

They're all bunched together between +1 and +2 at ANA entering Sunday; there is a race within a race to see who comes out on top.

The year Lexi won in a final pairing with Wie was my favorite round of golf i watched until the Mickelson Stenson open final round a few years ago. I always watched Lpga and watched the ANWA yesterday. I feel the last 18 months of the LPGA has lost me as a fan, as well as 2 of my golf partners who are/were also big LPGA fans. I was hoping this tournament would reel me back in, but sadly it hasn't.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

Yeah, whatever happens, just want I.K. to come out ok and in good spirits from this. I believe she will. She went through a lot of forlorn years to get here, with this dogging her, but she's in a very strong place now. That's why the WBO and other wins were such a big deal. Wish she hadn't had to go through all that and for so long, but had a happy ending eventually.

She absolutely _can_ do this, but doesn't _have_ to anymore.

Still must be feeling enormous pressure. I think she'd do great just to do about par again this round under the circumstances, and Jin Young is kind of more in the driver's seat. Which isn't optimal of course, but I think that's about where it lies. Go Inky!

> @Stooch said:

> The LPGA tweeted out the weather report and say there will be no wind today, so that means we should expect gusts of 25 MPH lol. With calm condition I will sit back and enjoy the battle between I.K. and Jin Young, I don't see anyone else getting into the fight, but in the end who knows.

With winds down, Brooke and Jessica will go -3 the first two holes and -6 each when the telecast starts; we'll see plenty of them.

> @4waymiss said:

> Dear Inky,

> Please win, or lose by a bunch. Another heart breaking loss from u would be too much for me to take.

> Fourwaymiss

Keep thinking about it, and not sure if aggressive or steady is better. Par's not likely to beat Jin Young, unless she stumbles. Hard to figure if Jin Young is nervous or not, a lot is on the line for her too, first major. Though I don't think Inky is like to mind much either way. She's said she doesn't worry about the other players, and just "plays her game" best she can.

This is already a slain demon, she can play like it, take some calculated risks. It's not going to be easy either way, but she can totally do this.