Thank You Matthew Wolf..!! For Releasing The "I'm GoNNA DO MY CRAZY SWING" In Me..!!!

> @dap said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @dap said:

> > > Surprised no one has mentioned Leadbetters A swing yet. Wolff would be the poster child for that method. Leadbetter should be getting the credit, not Gankas lol

> >

> > Because minus getting across the line they really arent the same?

> They are more similar than not. Leadbetter didn't just pull the A swing out of his Word not allowed. It was inspired by one of his favourite swings of all time, Calvin Peete who had a very similar action to Wolff.

>

>

I talked about this in another post. They are not similar. Only similar part is how they go from crossing the line to laying the club down. Look at how Leadbetter talks about the pivot and how Wolff does it. It's not even same planet stuff. Also Leadbetter has so much left wrist extension throughout. It looks and feels very unnatural. Lydia Ko did it to a tee and her game suffered. Lydia's swing looks nothing like Wolff's. The A swing manufactures that angle difference with the wrist, and Wolff does it because his right elbow flares out making it easier to rotate. Footwork is completely different. People have mentioned the A swing. It just doesn't match what Wolff does very well at all if you just bothered to look closer.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @Golfjack said:

> > @dap said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @dap said:

> > > > Surprised no one has mentioned Leadbetters A swing yet. Wolff would be the poster child for that method. Leadbetter should be getting the credit, not Gankas lol

> > >

> > > Because minus getting across the line they really arent the same?

> > They are more similar than not. Leadbetter didn't just pull the A swing out of his Word not allowed. It was inspired by one of his favourite swings of all time, Calvin Peete who had a very similar action to Wolff.

> >

> >

>

> I talked about this in another post. They are not similar. Only similar part is how they go from crossing the line to laying the club down. Look at how Leadbetter talks about the pivot and how Wolff does it. It's not even same planet stuff. Also Leadbetter has so much left wrist extension throughout. It looks and feels very unnatural. Lydia Ko did it to a tee and her game suffered. Lydia's swing looks nothing like Wolff's. The A swing manufactures that angle difference with the wrist, and Wolff does it because his right elbow flares out making it easier to rotate. Footwork is completely different. People have mentioned the A swing. It just doesn't match what Wolff does very well at all if you just bothered to look closer.

The steep takeaway, cross the line at the top and laying the club down are the main parts of the A swing. No two swings done with the same method are going to look the same or be exactly the same. The A swing is actually not new. It was taught to Nick Faldo and Nick Price too and obviously they don't swing exactly the same either. Saying it's not the same planet stuff is pure hyperbole.

There are also comparisons of Wolff to Jimmy Bruen but they have differences too.

People try too hard to discredit certain instructors they dislike and give too much credit to the ones they like. Lydia Ko was playing beautifully with the A swing. The reason she left Leadbetter was mainly due to her overbearing non accomplished golfing parents.

> @dap said:

> > @Golfjack said:

> > > @dap said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @dap said:

> > > > > Surprised no one has mentioned Leadbetters A swing yet. Wolff would be the poster child for that method. Leadbetter should be getting the credit, not Gankas lol

> > > >

> > > > Because minus getting across the line they really arent the same?

> > > They are more similar than not. Leadbetter didn't just pull the A swing out of his Word not allowed. It was inspired by one of his favourite swings of all time, Calvin Peete who had a very similar action to Wolff.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I talked about this in another post. They are not similar. Only similar part is how they go from crossing the line to laying the club down. Look at how Leadbetter talks about the pivot and how Wolff does it. It's not even same planet stuff. Also Leadbetter has so much left wrist extension throughout. It looks and feels very unnatural. Lydia Ko did it to a tee and her game suffered. Lydia's swing looks nothing like Wolff's. The A swing manufactures that angle difference with the wrist, and Wolff does it because his right elbow flares out making it easier to rotate. Footwork is completely different. People have mentioned the A swing. It just doesn't match what Wolff does very well at all if you just bothered to look closer.

>

>

> The steep takeaway, cross the line at the top and laying the club down are the main parts of the A swing. No two swings done with the same method are going to look the same or be exactly the same. The A swing is actually not new. It was taught to Nick Faldo and Nick Price too and obviously they don't swing exactly the same either. Saying it's not the same planet stuff is pure hyperbole.

>

> There are also comparisons of Wolff to Jimmy Bruen but they have differences too.

>

> People try too hard to discredit certain instructors they dislike and give too much credit to the ones they like. Lydia Ko was playing beautifully with the A swing. The reason she left Leadbetter was mainly due to her overbearing non accomplished golfing parents.

>

Yeah I still disagree, how they get across the line at the top is totally different. Cant really say they are similar just because of a few visual queues. One of the main premises of the A swing is the trail arm never getting above shoulder height, which makes you very narrow, and the getting across the line is purely wrist action. Wolff has a huge pivot, flying right elbow, tons of width, etc. It's like saying DJ and Brooks have a similar swing because they both bow the wrist in transition

xu7726ldum71.jpg

> @Krt22 said:

> > @dap said:

> > > @Golfjack said:

> > > > @dap said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @dap said:

> > > > > > Surprised no one has mentioned Leadbetters A swing yet. Wolff would be the poster child for that method. Leadbetter should be getting the credit, not Gankas lol

> > > > >

> > > > > Because minus getting across the line they really arent the same?

> > > > They are more similar than not. Leadbetter didn't just pull the A swing out of his Word not allowed. It was inspired by one of his favourite swings of all time, Calvin Peete who had a very similar action to Wolff.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I talked about this in another post. They are not similar. Only similar part is how they go from crossing the line to laying the club down. Look at how Leadbetter talks about the pivot and how Wolff does it. It's not even same planet stuff. Also Leadbetter has so much left wrist extension throughout. It looks and feels very unnatural. Lydia Ko did it to a tee and her game suffered. Lydia's swing looks nothing like Wolff's. The A swing manufactures that angle difference with the wrist, and Wolff does it because his right elbow flares out making it easier to rotate. Footwork is completely different. People have mentioned the A swing. It just doesn't match what Wolff does very well at all if you just bothered to look closer.

> >

> >

> > The steep takeaway, cross the line at the top and laying the club down are the main parts of the A swing. No two swings done with the same method are going to look the same or be exactly the same. The A swing is actually not new. It was taught to Nick Faldo and Nick Price too and obviously they don't swing exactly the same either. Saying it's not the same planet stuff is pure hyperbole.

> >

> > There are also comparisons of Wolff to Jimmy Bruen but they have differences too.

> >

> > People try too hard to discredit certain instructors they dislike and give too much credit to the ones they like. Lydia Ko was playing beautifully with the A swing. The reason she left Leadbetter was mainly due to her overbearing non accomplished golfing parents.

> >

>

> Yeah I still disagree, how they get across the line at the top is totally different. Cant really say they are similar just because of a few visual queues. One of the main premises of the A swing is the trail arm never getting above shoulder height, which makes you very narrow, and the getting across the line is purely wrist action. Wolff has a huge pivot, flying right elbow, tons of width, etc. It's like saying DJ and Brooks have a similar swing because they both bow the wrist in transition

I disagree. I would agree with your points if we were talking about Jimmy Bruen compared to the A swing. Bruen's left arm plane was well above his shoulder plane at the top and he had a much more pronounced flying right elbow. Wolff's left arm plane is barely higher than his shoulder plane and his right elbow doesn't fly that much. The angle of his right forearm matches his spine. Wolff's posture is very bent over at the top with a steep shoulder turn which gives the impression he flies his right elbow more than he does.

• Like 1

> @1t2golf said:

> I saw someone on the range trying to swing like him. I have no idea why because he was absolutely terrible.

>

> I usually wouldn't notice but I'm a lefty and he was right in front of me. I just wanted to ask him "What the #@% are you trying to do?"

LOL...first account I've heard of this. It was just a matter of time. Now...after several Maker's Marks I might be inclined to try it in front of the boys on the range at the club - for laughs. This is why I never drink several Maker's Marks...

> @dap said:

> xu7726ldum71.jpg

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @dap said:

> > > > @Golfjack said:

> > > > > @dap said:

> > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > @dap said:

> > > > > > > Surprised no one has mentioned Leadbetters A swing yet. Wolff would be the poster child for that method. Leadbetter should be getting the credit, not Gankas lol

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because minus getting across the line they really arent the same?

> > > > > They are more similar than not. Leadbetter didn't just pull the A swing out of his Word not allowed. It was inspired by one of his favourite swings of all time, Calvin Peete who had a very similar action to Wolff.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I talked about this in another post. They are not similar. Only similar part is how they go from crossing the line to laying the club down. Look at how Leadbetter talks about the pivot and how Wolff does it. It's not even same planet stuff. Also Leadbetter has so much left wrist extension throughout. It looks and feels very unnatural. Lydia Ko did it to a tee and her game suffered. Lydia's swing looks nothing like Wolff's. The A swing manufactures that angle difference with the wrist, and Wolff does it because his right elbow flares out making it easier to rotate. Footwork is completely different. People have mentioned the A swing. It just doesn't match what Wolff does very well at all if you just bothered to look closer.

> > >

> > >

> > > The steep takeaway, cross the line at the top and laying the club down are the main parts of the A swing. No two swings done with the same method are going to look the same or be exactly the same. The A swing is actually not new. It was taught to Nick Faldo and Nick Price too and obviously they don't swing exactly the same either. Saying it's not the same planet stuff is pure hyperbole.

> > >

> > > There are also comparisons of Wolff to Jimmy Bruen but they have differences too.

> > >

> > > People try too hard to discredit certain instructors they dislike and give too much credit to the ones they like. Lydia Ko was playing beautifully with the A swing. The reason she left Leadbetter was mainly due to her overbearing non accomplished golfing parents.

> > >

> >

> > Yeah I still disagree, how they get across the line at the top is totally different. Cant really say they are similar just because of a few visual queues. One of the main premises of the A swing is the trail arm never getting above shoulder height, which makes you very narrow, and the getting across the line is purely wrist action. Wolff has a huge pivot, flying right elbow, tons of width, etc. It's like saying DJ and Brooks have a similar swing because they both bow the wrist in transition

>

> I disagree. I would agree with your points if we were talking about Jimmy Bruen compared to the A swing. Bruen's left arm plane was well above his shoulder plane at the top and he had a much more pronounced flying right elbow. Wolff's left arm plane is barely higher than his shoulder plane and his right elbow doesn't fly that much. The angle of his right forearm matches his spine. Wolff's posture is very bent over at the top with a steep shoulder turn which gives the impression he flies his right elbow more than he does.

>

>

https://www.golfchannel.com/sites/default/files/mpx/thumbnail/Matt%20Wolff%20Swing%20Edit.jpg

A-Swing

Much narrower, over-connected

http://media.golfdigest.com/photos/55d3adf7b91019d74c990104/master/pass/A-Swing-Start-To-Finish.jpg

> @Krt22 said:

> > @dap said:

> > xu7726ldum71.jpg

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @dap said:

> > > > > @Golfjack said:

> > > > > > @dap said:

> > > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > > @dap said:

> > > > > > > > Surprised no one has mentioned Leadbetters A swing yet. Wolff would be the poster child for that method. Leadbetter should be getting the credit, not Gankas lol

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because minus getting across the line they really arent the same?

> > > > > > They are more similar than not. Leadbetter didn't just pull the A swing out of his Word not allowed. It was inspired by one of his favourite swings of all time, Calvin Peete who had a very similar action to Wolff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I talked about this in another post. They are not similar. Only similar part is how they go from crossing the line to laying the club down. Look at how Leadbetter talks about the pivot and how Wolff does it. It's not even same planet stuff. Also Leadbetter has so much left wrist extension throughout. It looks and feels very unnatural. Lydia Ko did it to a tee and her game suffered. Lydia's swing looks nothing like Wolff's. The A swing manufactures that angle difference with the wrist, and Wolff does it because his right elbow flares out making it easier to rotate. Footwork is completely different. People have mentioned the A swing. It just doesn't match what Wolff does very well at all if you just bothered to look closer.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The steep takeaway, cross the line at the top and laying the club down are the main parts of the A swing. No two swings done with the same method are going to look the same or be exactly the same. The A swing is actually not new. It was taught to Nick Faldo and Nick Price too and obviously they don't swing exactly the same either. Saying it's not the same planet stuff is pure hyperbole.

> > > >

> > > > There are also comparisons of Wolff to Jimmy Bruen but they have differences too.

> > > >

> > > > People try too hard to discredit certain instructors they dislike and give too much credit to the ones they like. Lydia Ko was playing beautifully with the A swing. The reason she left Leadbetter was mainly due to her overbearing non accomplished golfing parents.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah I still disagree, how they get across the line at the top is totally different. Cant really say they are similar just because of a few visual queues. One of the main premises of the A swing is the trail arm never getting above shoulder height, which makes you very narrow, and the getting across the line is purely wrist action. Wolff has a huge pivot, flying right elbow, tons of width, etc. It's like saying DJ and Brooks have a similar swing because they both bow the wrist in transition

> >

> > I disagree. I would agree with your points if we were talking about Jimmy Bruen compared to the A swing. Bruen's left arm plane was well above his shoulder plane at the top and he had a much more pronounced flying right elbow. Wolff's left arm plane is barely higher than his shoulder plane and his right elbow doesn't fly that much. The angle of his right forearm matches his spine. Wolff's posture is very bent over at the top with a steep shoulder turn which gives the impression he flies his right elbow more than he does.

> >

> >

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/sites/default/files/mpx/thumbnail/Matt%20Wolff%20Swing%20Edit.jpg

>

> A-Swing

>

> Much narrower, over-connected

>

> http://media.golfdigest.com/photos/55d3adf7b91019d74c990104/master/pass/A-Swing-Start-To-Finish.jpg

That pic of Wolff is from a camera virtually at ground level giving the impression he lifts his arms up higher than he does. Try this one.

jgsdrpgqzvwn.jpg

The illustration of the A swing is just a tutorial and not what the top of the backswing will actually look like in an actual swing. The momentum of the backswing will bring the arms up higher. In most cases the A swing doesn't look all that unorthodox.

Don't get me wrong. Personally I am not a fan of the A swing. I prefer a flatter takeaway as that feels more natural to me but I won't rubbish the method if it works for others. An extreme upright takeaway may feel natural to some people. I can tell you Wolff won't be feel that upright to flat loop he makes. It's natural to him. Jim Furyk said the same thing. He was shocked to see the loop in his swing when he first saw it on video.

A pretty good player who played some tour events at that time said Faldo could be sneaky long ! When he beat SH at the masters he got one of the most favorable rulings in a major (casual) water !

The thing about copying a swing remember wolf did not copy anyone did what worked best for him!

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x

• 2 weeks later...

I got to watch quite a bit of wolff at the john deere tournament, followed him for awhile during his practice round tuesday and then saw a bit of him during tournament rounds. His game looked pretty good, very solid contact. He says his chipping is weak area but I thought it looked pretty good and his putting also looked great so pretty much a solid overall game. The one miss I noticed he does have is a straight pull, saw a few of those but he mostly plays a pull fade with longer clubs so makes sense.

> @Greyghost18t said:

> > @mocokid said:

> > last nite's show with Como and GG, he talked about hitting draws, but that swing looks like all fade, all the time. I could be wrong though. He did say he can hit it both ways.

>

>

> Which show is that?

>

>

Golf channel last nite- Monday at 700pm Como and GG, at Westlake where they met. Called Swing Expedition.

> @mocokid said:

> > @Greyghost18t said:

> > > @mocokid said:

> > > last nite's show with Como and GG, he talked about hitting draws, but that swing looks like all fade, all the time. I could be wrong though. He did say he can hit it both ways.

> >

> >

> > Which show is that?

> >

> >

>

> Golf channel last nite- Monday at 700pm Como and GG, at Westlake where they met. Called Swing Expedition.

Thanks. I will check it out. I am a fan of GG and just his attitude and his explanations.

If it looks stupid, but it works, it ain’t stupid.

I’ll definitely say it’s not the most aesthetically pleasing swing (like Adam Scott’s) but results talk. If they told me I could go on tour but my swing would have to look like his and Furyk had a hideous love child, you best believe I’d be cashing checks and breakin necks with that swing.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS