US Kids Priority Status

> @mrshinsa said:

> WTF... Our local tour price went up this season. Totally not worth it for those courses.

> 9-hole: $65.00

> 18-hole: $75.00

WTF?! Yeah, we were going to play the Fall Tour. Maybe not now. $65 for 9-hole for these cr-phole courses is definitely not worth it.

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

So maybe I missed it in this thread, but who really is benefitting from the new yardages? Does it just frustrate the better players, pushing them to more competitive tours, by eliminating the distance advantage they have?

That's funny, because everyone who proclaims to anything about golf says the present and future is a distance race.

I think it's a money grab. If they get more kids shooting lower scores and qualifying than more will go to regionals and worlds and thus make USKG more money. I can't see any other reason than that. If our tour director was told to make the setups easy for good scoring. This will push some kids to other tours when picking between two events, but of course there is always an advantage to playing short to be able to post a number score low. Thats the reason we are still playing Uskg trying to teach my kid how to score low.

> @leezer99 said:

> And here is an example of why US Kids has done a disservice to your junior golfers by shortening courses. Comments by Rory:

> y7bp1q51ap3o.jpg

>

What do tougher setups have to do with developing junior golfers < 12yo?

The vast majority of kids that age can barely hit the ball straight consistently, let alone benefit developmentally from tougher setups. Maybe tougher setups might help the ones who matured early (bigger relative to others same age due to puberty) as well as the truly exceptional talents, but if a kid can't shoot below par, even from far shorter distances, the parents should not be complaining.

> @CTgolf said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > And here is an example of why US Kids has done a disservice to your junior golfers by shortening courses. Comments by Rory:

> > y7bp1q51ap3o.jpg

> >

>

> What do tougher setups have to do with developing junior golfers < 12yo?

>

> The vast majority of kids that age can barely hit the ball straight consistently, let alone benefit developmentally from tougher setups. Maybe tougher setups might help the ones who matured early (bigger relative to others same age due to puberty) as well as the truly exceptional talents, but if a kid can't shoot below par, even from far shorter distances, the parents should not be complaining.

>

I think the issue is that USKids has gone to far though. They are making it to where any kid who is decent is learning tournament play is about driver, wedge, putting. They are taking any usage of long irons/fairway woods out of the equation except for the occasional par 5 which is not good for development. Again I use my son as an example because my son is by no means a beginner but his development is not up there with a lot of other juniors and even when he goes to 10 age group in the spring most of those par 4s will legit still be driver wedge putting

> @BloctonGolf11 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > And here is an example of why US Kids has done a disservice to your junior golfers by shortening courses. Comments by Rory:

> > > y7bp1q51ap3o.jpg

> > >

> >

> > What do tougher setups have to do with developing junior golfers < 12yo?

> >

> > The vast majority of kids that age can barely hit the ball straight consistently, let alone benefit developmentally from tougher setups. Maybe tougher setups might help the ones who matured early (bigger relative to others same age due to puberty) as well as the truly exceptional talents, but if a kid can't shoot below par, even from far shorter distances, the parents should not be complaining.

> >

>

> I think the issue is that USKids has gone to far though. They are making it to where any kid who is decent is learning tournament play is about driver, wedge, putting. They are taking any usage of long irons/fairway woods out of the equation except for the occasional par 5 which is not good for development. Again I use my son as an example because my son is by no means a beginner but his development is not up there with a lot of other juniors and even when he goes to 10 age group in the spring most of those par 4s will legit still be driver wedge putting

That is only relevant for the Local Tour events. States, Regionals and Worlds are the same distance as before.

So if a kid cannot shoot par or better even with the Driver/Wedge/Putt min Local Tour setup, then it seems pretty clear they need to focus on those fundamentals.

> @CTgolf said:

> > @BloctonGolf11 said:

> > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > And here is an example of why US Kids has done a disservice to your junior golfers by shortening courses. Comments by Rory:

> > > > y7bp1q51ap3o.jpg

> > > >

> > >

> > > What do tougher setups have to do with developing junior golfers < 12yo?

> > >

> > > The vast majority of kids that age can barely hit the ball straight consistently, let alone benefit developmentally from tougher setups. Maybe tougher setups might help the ones who matured early (bigger relative to others same age due to puberty) as well as the truly exceptional talents, but if a kid can't shoot below par, even from far shorter distances, the parents should not be complaining.

> > >

> >

> > I think the issue is that USKids has gone to far though. They are making it to where any kid who is decent is learning tournament play is about driver, wedge, putting. They are taking any usage of long irons/fairway woods out of the equation except for the occasional par 5 which is not good for development. Again I use my son as an example because my son is by no means a beginner but his development is not up there with a lot of other juniors and even when he goes to 10 age group in the spring most of those par 4s will legit still be driver wedge putting

>

> That is only relevant for the Local Tour events. States, Regionals and Worlds are the same distance as before.

>

> So if a kid cannot shoot par or better even with the Driver/Wedge/Putt min Local Tour setup, then it seems pretty clear they need to focus on those fundamentals.

But the majority of tournaments kids play are the local tours....so when they go to regionals/worlds they are now being expected to be proficient in skills they are not even using at the lower levels of USKids. Fundamentally that is not logical.

> @mrshinsa said:

> WTF... Our local tour price went up this season. Totally not worth it for those courses.

> 9-hole: $65.00

> 18-hole: $75.00

I emailed USKG about the rate increase. Here is the response:

"Our rates for tournaments are based purely off the rates quoted to us by the golf courses. If we can secure golf courses for better rates, then that savings is passed on to the consumers. I’m sorry that you feel like you are getting less value in these events in years passed. Hopefully, the rates negotiated by the golf courses will go down soon, and we can continue passing that on to you."

OK, so who has had rates go **down** at their local tours in the last 5 years? Or go down at all at any time (perhaps during the 2008 financial meltdown)?

> @CTgolf said:

> Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

>

> I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> @CTgolf said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @CTgolf said:

> > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> >

> > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

>

> Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> @BloctonGolf11 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @BloctonGolf11 said:

> > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > And here is an example of why US Kids has done a disservice to your junior golfers by shortening courses. Comments by Rory:

> > > > > y7bp1q51ap3o.jpg

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What do tougher setups have to do with developing junior golfers < 12yo?

> > > >

> > > > The vast majority of kids that age can barely hit the ball straight consistently, let alone benefit developmentally from tougher setups. Maybe tougher setups might help the ones who matured early (bigger relative to others same age due to puberty) as well as the truly exceptional talents, but if a kid can't shoot below par, even from far shorter distances, the parents should not be complaining.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think the issue is that USKids has gone to far though. They are making it to where any kid who is decent is learning tournament play is about driver, wedge, putting. They are taking any usage of long irons/fairway woods out of the equation except for the occasional par 5 which is not good for development. Again I use my son as an example because my son is by no means a beginner but his development is not up there with a lot of other juniors and even when he goes to 10 age group in the spring most of those par 4s will legit still be driver wedge putting

> >

> > That is only relevant for the Local Tour events. States, Regionals and Worlds are the same distance as before.

> >

> > So if a kid cannot shoot par or better even with the Driver/Wedge/Putt min Local Tour setup, then it seems pretty clear they need to focus on those fundamentals.

>

> But the majority of tournaments kids play are the local tours....so when they go to regionals/worlds they are now being expected to be proficient in skills they are not even using at the lower levels of USKids. Fundamentally that is not logical.

So then play the min 4 events needed on Local Tour to qualify for the higher-level tournaments, and use the time saved to play in other, more challenging, tours and events.

> @leezer99 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > >

> > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> >

> > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

>

> You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

> @CTgolf said:

> > @leezer99 said:

> > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > > >

> > > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> > >

> > > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> >

> > You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

>

> I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

Some of us have been though the US kids events and now moving on to higher events. It's a different game and those who dominate US Kids or events at young age tend to be forgotten. As a parent of junior golfer it is very very tough to remember long term development of the full game is what matters.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> > > >

> > > > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> > >

> > > You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

> >

> > I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

>

> Some of us have been though the US kids events and now moving on to higher events. It's a different game and those who dominate US Kids or events at young age tend to be forgotten. As a parent of junior golfer it is very very tough to remember long term development of the full game is what matters.

And yet some of the top players in the country at the younger ages still participate in the Local Tour, if for no other reason than to qualify for higher level tournaments.

Just because you and Leezer don't participate in said higher level US Kids events (thus making it unnecessary to participate at the Local Tour level) doesn't make it less relevant for those who choose to.

Full disclosure: my kid doesn't play in them anymore as he's "aged out". Perhaps those who don't care about them BECAUSE they have no intention of competing in Worlds, etc should disclose that as well when giving their OPINION.

> @CTgolf said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> > > > >

> > > > > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> > > >

> > > > You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

> > >

> > > I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

> >

> > Some of us have been though the US kids events and now moving on to higher events. It's a different game and those who dominate US Kids or events at young age tend to be forgotten. As a parent of junior golfer it is very very tough to remember long term development of the full game is what matters.

>

> And yet some of the top players in the country at the younger ages still participate in the Local Tour, if for no other reason than to qualify for higher level tournaments.

>

> Just because you and Leezer don't participate in said higher level US Kids events (thus making it unnecessary to participate at the Local Tour level) doesn't make it less relevant for those who choose to.

>

> Full disclosure: my kid doesn't play in them anymore as he's "aged out". Perhaps those who don't care about them BECAUSE they have no intention of competing in Worlds, etc should disclose that as well when giving their OPINION.

I can tell you that the Top Players in South Florida are not playing in the Local Tours from 12-14.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

> @wildcatden said:

> > @mrshinsa said:

> > WTF... Our local tour price went up this season. Totally not worth it for those courses.

> > 9-hole: $65.00

> > 18-hole: $75.00

>

>

> I emailed USKG about the rate increase. Here is the response:

>

> "Our rates for tournaments are based purely off the rates quoted to us by the golf courses. If we can secure golf courses for better rates, then that savings is passed on to the consumers. I’m sorry that you feel like you are getting less value in these events in years passed. Hopefully, the rates negotiated by the golf courses will go down soon, and we can continue passing that on to you."

>

> OK, so who has had rates go **down** at their local tours in the last 5 years? Or go down at all at any time (perhaps during the 2008 financial meltdown)?

I honestly wouldn't pay what you guys are paying. Someone is making a buck.

Palm Beach Tour

9-hole: $37.00

18-hole: $47.00

Sarasota Tour

Tampa Tour

9-hole: $45.00

18-hole: $55.00

Orlando Tour

9-hole: $47.00

18-hole: $57.00

NorthWest Florida

Naples

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> > > > >

> > > > > You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

> > > >

> > > > I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

> > >

> > > Some of us have been though the US kids events and now moving on to higher events. It's a different game and those who dominate US Kids or events at young age tend to be forgotten. As a parent of junior golfer it is very very tough to remember long term development of the full game is what matters.

> >

> > And yet some of the top players in the country at the younger ages still participate in the Local Tour, if for no other reason than to qualify for higher level tournaments.

> >

> > Just because you and Leezer don't participate in said higher level US Kids events (thus making it unnecessary to participate at the Local Tour level) doesn't make it less relevant for those who choose to.

> >

> > Full disclosure: my kid doesn't play in them anymore as he's "aged out". Perhaps those who don't care about them BECAUSE they have no intention of competing in Worlds, etc should disclose that as well when giving their OPINION.

>

> I can tell you that the Top Players in South Florida are not playing in the Local Tours from 12-14.

we are referencing < 12yo in this thread

but yes, I agree with you on that

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @wildcatden said:

> > > @mrshinsa said:

> > > WTF... Our local tour price went up this season. Totally not worth it for those courses.

> > > 9-hole: $65.00

> > > 18-hole: $75.00

> >

> >

> > I emailed USKG about the rate increase. Here is the response:

> >

> > "Our rates for tournaments are based purely off the rates quoted to us by the golf courses. If we can secure golf courses for better rates, then that savings is passed on to the consumers. I’m sorry that you feel like you are getting less value in these events in years passed. Hopefully, the rates negotiated by the golf courses will go down soon, and we can continue passing that on to you."

> >

> > OK, so who has had rates go **down** at their local tours in the last 5 years? Or go down at all at any time (perhaps during the 2008 financial meltdown)?

>

> I honestly wouldn't pay what you guys are paying. Someone is making a buck.

>

> Palm Beach Tour

> 9-hole: $37.00

> 18-hole: $47.00

>

> Sarasota Tour

>

> Tampa Tour

> 9-hole: $45.00

> 18-hole: $55.00

>

> Orlando Tour

> 9-hole: $47.00

> 18-hole: $57.00

>

> NorthWest Florida

>

> Naples

>

>

Both of ours in Alabama are $37/$47 and most of the Huntsville ones are nice CC courses. Someone is definitely making money off you guys.

Bay Area Local is $65/9-holes $75/18-holes

Los Angeles Local is $57/9-holes $67/18-holes

Orange County Local is $49/9-holes $59/18-holes

Coachella Valley Local is $37/9-holes $47/18-holes

Sacramento Local is $41/9-holes $51/18-holes

Bay Area being the Bay Area. I even poked around at First Tee and saw that events that were $25 (9-holes) in the Spring 2019 are now $30. Hoping that JGANC and JTNC can hold the line.

> @wildcatden said:

> Bay Area Local is $65/9-holes $75/18-holes

> Los Angeles Local is $57/9-holes $67/18-holes

> Orange County Local is $49/9-holes $59/18-holes

> Coachella Valley Local is $37/9-holes $47/18-holes

> Sacramento Local is $41/9-holes $51/18-holes

>

> Bay Area being the Bay Area. I even poked around at First Tee and saw that events that were $25 (9-holes) in the Spring 2019 are now $30. Hoping that JGANC and JTNC can hold the line.

Nancy Pelosi effect?

> @leezer99 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

>

> I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

I think that’s a local director issue. Our par 3s for 11 have a healthy number of par 3s between 120-145 (hard to believe an 11 year old flies a 9 120 unless he’s abnormally large or playing p790 jacked up lifts (but let’s call an 8 an 8). Maybe a couple that are less than 90 yards to get to shorter yardages, which I agree are dumb. Also, kids aren’t tearing up 11-year old division after the yardage change in my region. Maybe 2-4 strokes max better from summer scores. Going from 5000 to 4800 is not that big of a deal. And with fall and spring conditions being wet and soggy, makes a lot of sense IMO. As for 9U, even the old yardages were too short. As for 10, I think they struck the right balance. We’ll see if I’m wrong, but I would be shocked if you needed more than a couple 76s to get into world’s as an 11 year-old. So whatever level that is on their new system. Probably makes sense at 10 as well (2 38s).

What I’ve seen at local PGA events with longer courses, it doesn’t put ball striking at a premium. The longer the hole, the more dependency on short game and, really, if you are talking about shooting 85+ at any level, it’s not making a player any better bc frankly it just isn’t too difficult to do if you have a decent short game. Much harder shooting par or under from shorter distances than 85+ from longer.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @CTgolf said:

> > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> > > >

> > > > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> > >

> > > You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

> >

> > I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

>

> Some of us have been though the US kids events and now moving on to higher events. It's a different game and those who dominate US Kids or events at young age tend to be forgotten. As a parent of junior golfer it is very very tough to remember long term development of the full game is what matters.

Are you sure about this? Check the top 50 ajga rankings and then google them and us kids. A majority of them played and were all good at the us kids level too.

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @wildcatden said:

> > > @mrshinsa said:

> > > WTF... Our local tour price went up this season. Totally not worth it for those courses.

> > > 9-hole: $65.00

> > > 18-hole: $75.00

> >

> >

> > I emailed USKG about the rate increase. Here is the response:

> >

> > "Our rates for tournaments are based purely off the rates quoted to us by the golf courses. If we can secure golf courses for better rates, then that savings is passed on to the consumers. I’m sorry that you feel like you are getting less value in these events in years passed. Hopefully, the rates negotiated by the golf courses will go down soon, and we can continue passing that on to you."

> >

> > OK, so who has had rates go **down** at their local tours in the last 5 years? Or go down at all at any time (perhaps during the 2008 financial meltdown)?

>

> I honestly wouldn't pay what you guys are paying. Someone is making a buck.

>

> Palm Beach Tour

>

> Sarasota Tour

>

> Tampa Tour

> 9-hole: $45.00

> 18-hole: $55.00

>

> Orlando Tour

> 9-hole: $47.00

> 18-hole: $57.00

>

> NorthWest Florida

>

> Naples

>

How cheap is public golf in Florida? $47 for a weekend 18 does not seem like a lot.

> @yellowlover519 said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> > > > >

> > > > > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> > > >

> > > > You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

> > >

> > > I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

> >

> > Some of us have been though the US kids events and now moving on to higher events. It's a different game and those who dominate US Kids or events at young age tend to be forgotten. As a parent of junior golfer it is very very tough to remember long term development of the full game is what matters.

>

> Are you sure about this? Check the top 50 ajga rankings and then google them and us kids. A majority of them played and were all good at the us kids level too.

>

>

Positive about this a lot kids we played with no longer play golf and some them were quite good. I think this is even more true than 5 - 10 years ago. There are so many reason's why this is the case. Some kids burnout end up hating golf, Others never had the skills to begin with and sadly other kids go off and do drugs.

Winning too many tournaments early puts a lot pressure on a kid and sometimes that is not good for them. It gets much harder to win every tournament as a kid gets older.

A lot kids have played in US Kids tournaments but to know if they were serious at the time or not really is only something you see at the time playing with them. I also know looking at the PGA and LPGA a lot people came out of nowhere too. For instance I don't think Stacy Lewis was well known until after college? Same thing with Brooks Keopka I don't believe he tore up the US Kids circuit either week in week out.

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @yellowlover519 said:

> > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > > @leezer99 said:

> > > > > > > > @CTgolf said:

> > > > > > > > Local Tour events are not meant for development; they are used to introduce young kids to the game and be a (simple, in my opinion) test to separate the great players from the masses.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I've looked at the local tour par 3's and on paper there aren't any that are more than a 9 iron. That's pitch and putt level stuff. How many upper level events cater to the lowest common denominator?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Did you even read the post that you are quoting in response?

> > > > >

> > > > > You are so lost on this journey it's safer for the rest of us to let the wolves eat you.

> > > >

> > > > I guess you've got it all figured out as the parent of an 11yo.

> > >

> > > Some of us have been though the US kids events and now moving on to higher events. It's a different game and those who dominate US Kids or events at young age tend to be forgotten. As a parent of junior golfer it is very very tough to remember long term development of the full game is what matters.

> >

> > Are you sure about this? Check the top 50 ajga rankings and then google them and us kids. A majority of them played and were all good at the us kids level too.

> >

> >

>

> Positive about this a lot kids we played with no longer play golf and some them were quite good. I think this is even more true than 5 - 10 years ago. There are so many reason's why this is the case. Some kids burnout end up hating golf, Others never had the skills to begin with and sadly other kids go off and do drugs. Usually the more casual parents are the ones who end up sticking with golf.

>

> A lot kids have played in US Kids tournaments but to know if they were serious at the time or not really is only something you see at the time playing with them. I also know looking at the PGA and LPGA a lot people came out of nowhere too. For instance I don't think Stacy Lewis was well known until after college? Same thing with Brooks Keopka I don't believe he tore up the US Kids circuit either week in week out.

Stacy Lewis was D1 NCAA Women's Champion