2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

I can't believe this thread is on 25 pages!!!

Kinda like you were when it was 19 pages devil-smiley3.gifdevil-smiley2.gif

The REVOLUTION is here star-wars-smiley-013.gif

appears it was merged with the other "love l4v thread" which was 12 or so pages in it's own right.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

For anyone who ordered an L4V, how long have they been taking? I ordered an X w/ VS Proto 65X on January 17th, and still nothing. It was ordered through my course's pro shop. Are the shafts or heads on backorder?

Dude, THAT'S why I couldn't wait for one in X flex. Anywho, I got one! Now I can be all up in the kool-aid AND know the flavor! :)

Damn it! Really? I really just want to buy one on ebay instead of ordering one and having to wait for it.

Yeah Jess, I'm amazed myself. I hit the PM702 just fine but there's a balance to the stock X setup that I can actually feel which is lacking with the GD. I don't know if it has anything to do with the so called "balance point" in the Cobra description or what, but it is noticeable to me in hitting the two side by side. I know that stock setups get a bad rap, from me included, but I'm starting to think that this one may not be so bad. I may use the GD setup for windy days, soggy fairways, etc. and use the stock X for those clear, somewhat humid days, where the ball just carries. Either that or I'll sell it or trade it for some CB2 fairways :partytime2:

I just couldn't wait bro, I can't believe someone found an X on fleabay. Anyway, gonna play the waiting game 'til it gets here and if I find another one for what I paid for the first one I'll get another and try something else with that one. Meanwhile I'll probably keep an eye out for a V2 CB 'cuz if I put a 20gram plug in the butt of the PM702 I think it'll be too heavy. Maybe a 10 gram will work though. IT IS ON!!!!!!

I just couldn't wait bro, I can't believe someone found an X on fleabay.

I got lucky... funny story. I went to a bar and drank a bit too much, came home and trolled eBay looking for an L4V. I didn't find one, so I had a shower and came back to the computer and searched again because I'd forgotten I had earlier and there it was!

I have this Protopype sitting here now and don't really need to fit it. The stock X set up is working fine so far.

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

Guys I was hoping one of you guys could help me out. I told my dad about the L4V and he decided to purchase one as well.

He got the L4V X with stock stiff flex.

He was getting 165-167 ball speed so around 110-113 club head with only 10-11 degrees of launch

So, What shaft could he get to raise the launch 2-4 degrees higher without jacking up the spin

Hes not looking to spend an aweful lot.

Thanks for your help!

I have come to the conclusion that i want an L4V just because Camilo Villegas is using it, because i want to be cool and bomb it like he does!!!!

That and Its sick straight, I should have it with me tomorrow, I've decided to a put a YS 6 regular flex and tip it 1/2" to 44.5. I cant wait, School makes the wait so much harder.

Guys & Gals ... I had no idea what a freighttrain I started when I spawned the L4V Kool-Aide Brigade

But all kidding aside ... I have truly enjoyed reading all the success stories from those who tried this and it made their day on the course just a little bit better :) - I take just a TINY TINY TINY bit of pride in it cuz I THINK a few of you bought it bcuz I won't shut my mouth about it - and I have truly enjoyed helping a few guess setups thru the various Pms etc I receive. Luckily Wrx / Richard / Ryan have been gracious enough to allow my insanity to keep rolling. I know it's not for everyone and there have a few who didn't like - but that's just golf - It would be boring if we all like the same thing

ANYWHO .... 1000+ posts and chasing down that McGregor post for total views rolllaughing.gifrolllaughing.gifrolllaughing.gifrolllaughing.gif ...

I am hearing some VEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY interesting things coming from Cobra land ... VEEEEERRRRYYYY interesting indeed ... I might just have some "First seen on Wrx" pics in the near future - New stuff made from Unobtanium in the works :partytime2:

The KOOL-AIDE BRIGADE MARCHES ON !!!!!

rm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gif

rm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gifrm_stormtrooper.gif

star-wars-smiley-013.gif

Hi All,

I would see a detailed comparison (on course) between TM SQ and L4V.

I know it maybe hurts the brigade but let us mortals to have some information to

have the last push in the proper direction.... :)

Here's a link to a BURNER vs L4V...done by TheLama...I think you'll find it very informative, and one of the best done on WRX in the last while. I know it's not the TM SQ, but most around here would probably agree that the BURNER is a bit better of a stick than the TM SQ. Happy reading...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...=L4V+vs.+Burner

Guys I was hoping one of you guys could help me out. I told my dad about the L4V and he decided to purchase one as well.

He was getting 165-167 ball speed so around 110-113 club head with only 10-11 degrees of launch

So, What shaft could he get to raise the launch 2-4 degrees higher without jacking up the spin

Thanks for your help!

Do you know his spin rates .... He must have a pretty shallow swing plane ... Off the top of my head - I would say UST 65S High Launch V2 ... I have a 75X in one and it's pretty damn good ... Just my 2 cents based on what info I have for you dad.

I got lucky... funny story. I went to a bar and drank a bit too much, came home and trolled eBay looking for an L4V. I didn't find one, so I had a shower and came back to the computer and searched again because I'd forgotten I had earlier and there it was!

I have this Protopype sitting here now and don't really need to fit it. The stock X set up is working fine so far.

That makes two of us. I found mine on the Bay as well. I really can't believe that I like a stock setup! I still want to get on a LM to compare numbers but, after hitting them side by side at the range, the stock X feels better to me. It feels like it has better overall balance, at least that's the best way I can describe it.

That makes two of us. I found mine on the Bay as well. I really can't believe that I like a stock setup! I still want to get on a LM to compare numbers but, after hitting them side by side at the range, the stock X feels better to me. It feels like it has better overall balance, at least that's the best way I can describe it.

I got my X on the bay...it was a custom order VS proto 60x (the one i was going to order) so i Snared it.. never played a driver at 44.5 but whats a quarter inch or half inch mean? Maybe I'll be even more accurate and hit the sweet spot more. Anyone think I'll notice the quarter or half inch difference?

For those keen on the F-speed L4V with the Protopype 60S news - GREAT NEWS. I actually put the club into play and hammered it yesterday! It was a Blue Bird day with a 15 MPH wind swirling around here in Los Angeles.

My L4V has been cut down to 44 1/2". All shots were bang straight and freaky long for me. The end real result was that it looks like it was a good 12-18 yard difference in total distance improvement. There was no loss in distance at all. One hole, I ballooned it - it was no where near as high as the stock diamana (which in my mind proves that these balloning are more swing faults than the shaft as the origin).

Nice to hit a 52* instead of a PW, for sure. The Protopype definitely lowered the flight a bit as compared to my stock stiff Diamana. Contact was sweet and I think it lowered the tunk noise just a tad(as I perceive it). This one is a keeper for sure.

The bad news is that it looks like there is a 1/4 inch scratch or crack at the base of the hosel on the top of the crown. I'm going to get my club fitter to look at it but from what I can see under the magnifying glass, it looks like a scratch. I know he used a tool to push down the ferrule so not sure if that ended scratch it or not. I'll see...fingers crossed.

It trully was a GREAT driving day until I saw that mark there.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

The bad news is that it looks like there is a 1/4 inch scratch or crack at the base of the hosel on the top of the crown. I'm going to get my club fitter to look at it but from what I can see under the magnifying glass, it looks like a scratch. I know he used a tool to push down the ferrule so not sure if that ended scratch it or not. I'll see...fingers crossed.

Sounds to me like he may have hit the composite with a little too much heat. I got a little crazy with the heat on a 454 Comp once, and that's what it looked like was a scratch right where the titanium/composite connect.

Do you agree with the SS guidlines Cobra has on thier webpage.I believe they recommend the X to SS of 107 and up.I really like my Burner TP stock Reax stiff and my SS is 100-105.Not bad for a 61 yr old.Anyway I never put much stock in the TP and Tour stuff thinking it was either over my head or somewhat baloney but the Burner TP changed my mind somewhat. Is there a big change from X to F ie face angle etc.Didn,t seem to have a lot of basic info on their site.Thanks.

From all 26 pages that I've read..There is not a big difference in the face angles and even some of the F heads were more open than the X by a degree (or so it appeared). Both are square to open and both are great heads from the reviews I've read. My X is coming this weekend VS PROTO 60x and I'll be letting em fly shortly there after.

Ok, read it.

Only one question left: TM SQ versus Burner? :partytime2:

The SQ isn't even close to the L4V. The Burner bombs it past the SQ and IMO is a much better driver. That being said, the L4V takes the Burner to school.

To answer the loft question, my 9° L4V X with a Diamana Blue Board launches at a nearly identical trajectory to my previous driver an FT-5 Tour 9.5° with a Matrix Ozik Altus.

hardten, I think you would be ok with the X, but I would try and hit both.

Beavs, I think keep posting on here because you still long for your L4V that you sold. :)

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

Only one question left: TM SQ versus Burner? :partytime2:

Why would any of us possibly want to even compare those 2 clubs for you? :) Most of the people here gaming the L4V are getting better results, and seem quite content...so why go back? Most here likely ditched either one of these, or one of the other's in the multitude of TM Drivers out there, for the aforementioned club. Maybe try the search fuction...

Thanks for your help!

I really believe it's a swing or tee height issue. This club is a high launch club, I think more high launch than most which is why you need a lowish launch shaft. He's getting good numbers but he must be delofting to get such low launch and I'm not sure you can get higher launch than that stock shaft. Maybe an ozik altus or X con series but that's gonna be more than you're willing to spend. I read your earlier post but you didn't get any answers because there just aren't that many options.

I got my X on the bay...it was a custom order VS proto 60x (the one i was going to order) so i Snared it.. never played a driver at 44.5 but whats a quarter inch or half inch mean? Maybe I'll be even more accurate and hit the sweet spot more. Anyone think I'll notice the quarter or half inch difference?

Bit, I was also watching that one. I thought the winning bid's name sounded familiar. I think that half inch makes a big difference. Better overall control and with the length of this club you'll have accuracy and length. Right now I'm playing one of my burners at 45.5 and while it is longer I'm all over the place! So that little more or less does make a difference.

Sounds to me like he may have hit the composite with a little too much heat. I got a little crazy with the heat on a 454 Comp once, and that's what it looked like was a scratch right where the titanium/composite connect.

yeah, it's a scratch - THANK GOD! we had a real close look. he said that area around there is titanium anyway. it must have been cause by the ferrule tool. wasn't his fault. anyway, i'm happy but will keep an eye on it, just in case. Off to play another round...it's about 70 here, another bluebird day with NO wind...woohoo!

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing