2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

Hold on there ... I took your post in the spirit intended :D

And looking forward to your review I might ad !!!!

BUT AS WE HAVE ALL SEEN on the net ... Once a slant gets a little momentum it's becomes a cult following of it's own ... Juuuussstttttt cutting it off at the pass

ALL GOOD !!!!!!!!

and again .... looking forward to your review

I think & hope we have addressed the sound issue (which I don't even think it's loud anyway)

This is a forum. Where people are or should be, allowed to post subjective view points, in this case on golf products. Embrace the fact that you have individuals interested in (I assume I will call it "your" driver) other than one, possibly fixable, characteristic. You make things better, by finding out how to improve them. Not by talking endlessly about how great something is.

If it is Cobras goal to target better players it would behoove them to find a way to make the driver audibly pleasing. Most of us (since we have a brain) despise the "other site" because they flip out when anyone questions anything that they distribute. I believe even yourself had a problem with that aspect of their business.

Your posts sound very similar when you cannot take a slight criticism of a product you heavily endorse especially something I am even willing to try.

If anyone is willing to put up there l4v versus my 905R for me to get launch monitor data on I will post a fair review stating my findings. I have a nearby range hear in San Diego that does outdoor testing on a trackman.

Let's let the results speak for themselves.

Until then I will be saving up for a whiteboard an l4v head......and a sh#tload of cotton.

Cheers.

Until then...I will have to leave my 30 yards on the table.

I'm in SD, I'll have one you can try in a few weeks...should be a great show down!!! Which range were you thinking?

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ Fuji Ventus Black 6-X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7-X
Titleist TSR2 18* w/ Fuji Ventus Red 8-X
Titleist T200 4i w/ UST Recoil Dart 105-X
Titleist T100 2023 5-PW w/ Nippon MODUS3 Tour 120 X 
Scotty Cameron Circle T R&D Concept 1 Newport
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50F/54S/60T w/ DG Tour Issue S400

Yes, I am having the face hot melted, but like I said earlier I dont know exactly what this will do...I have hit clubs with hot melted faces before and it was a HUGE difference in sound and feel. My Goal is to make it as close to Camillo's sound as possible, cause his driver sounds amazing!

My L4VF lasted 2 rounds. Just too much spin for me, typical of all the high MOI drivers for me. Straight but short and because I wnt to get that distance back I swing extra then lose the straightness.

I really wanted to like it because I used the Forged SS for so long and felt bad for ditching them for TB1000s. :D

I even put my favorite shaft the Graman 640 in there. Maybe my 100ss just was too puny.

Looks like I will sell it soon to pick up a MP600. I have hit that really well.

Something does not sound right here. If you find the right shaft I don't think spin will be a problem for you. But it does take some time and money though.

Had the same problem with the Pro S as well and most high MOI sticks. The Pro S went thru 3 shafts. I don't want to go thru that again. I just sold the F at a loss yesterday. Just so I could buy another driver this weekend.

Since you guys are SO hypersensative on this topic I guess you fail to see what I have been saying all along. I LIKED THE DRIVER JUST NOT THE SOUND!!! Re freaking lax. No one is going to break into your rooms with the WWE posters on the walls, Pantera blasting so loud it is shaking the natural ice out of the can and steal your precious beat stick and on the way out key your cherry 97 z28.

Isn't is awsome that golf has become all about I hit the ball longer than you and I dont give a s*^t that my drivers too loud because you can kiss my a** I CRUSH THE BALL MO FO!!!! Thats right little man I CRUSH IT!!!!! That is what you guys sound like.

Truth be told I hit the ball plenty far. The accuracy of this club is what I am after.

I willl let you know how my muted one works out. I am working with Joe to build one.

Geez...funny how some take offense to those saying it's not too loud, especially considering the distance they are seeing from the club...then fire back with insults about WWE posters and Z28s. :D

N-E-Way.....IMHO, the club sounds great. It's not any louder than some other clubs I have heard out there such as the Nike, so it in no way bothers ME. And as for sound effecting the feel of the club...I don't get that. This head has the best feel of any driver head I have ever used. The way the ball jumps off the face is confidence inspiring. It also gives me excellent feedback as to where on the face I hit it. And I have let a few guys I have played with try it and the first comment they make is not that it's too loud...or that it's super long...but that it feel amazing.

But that being said...if it is too loud for some who have sensative hearing, so be it. It may not be the club for them...especially considering the added expense to mute it.

I do have a few more rounds on my L4V X w/WB 63x at 44.75"....and I could not be happier. Is it longer than anything out there? I don't know...but I will say this...it gives me the confidence to go after it more than I have with other drivers (even my HiBore XL Tour which was awesome and LONG)...which in turn, yields me more length off the tee.

There is NO question that this is the longest driver I have hit. I am reaching spots on my home course that I have never seen before. Yesterday on a 369 yard par 4 w/a slight dog to the left....I caught the ball good, but out on the toe a bit. The ball looked great...nice little draw to it...but I did not think it went that far. As we approached our shots...I was bewildered that I did not see my drive. One guy in our group yelled..."Holy smokes! Great drive!" Once I looked towards where he was pointing, I saw my ball....about 30 yards off the green.

This happened a couple of more times throughout the round...I knew I did not make perfect contact, yet the ball went for a mile. And when I did catch it right...it was amazing. And before anyone accuses me of being a mindless Kool Aid drinkin' follower :D .... I did have a few bad shots too. It seems that the rust in my swing will rear it's ugly head once or twice a round. When it does...I will block a shot out to the right like nobody's business! NO driver out there will cure your swing flaws...but this one does make driving the golf ball WAY more fun. ;) And FWIW...I can work this thing pretty well eithe way. With the added time with it, I am now able to draw it a bit when needed. I am still working on a controlled fade...but have to fight losing it too far right, likely due to some swing flaws. So far though...I find it to be pretty workable.

NO...this driver won't make you hit the ball 300+....it may NOT be the longest driver out there (but if not, I'd be curious as to what is though! :clapping:)...and it does require that you mate it with a better shaft thus increasing your cost. But if you don't mind dialing it in a bit...and your swing fits the club...you will likley not be dissapointed.

Flame away....but I think that ROBO has been spot on with his posts. Sure he is enthusiastic...but has ALWAYS taken the position that it's not a club for everyone. But I for one would like to thank him for bringing this club to my attention...my game will be better for it.

Cheers!

RIDE

This is a forum. Where people are or should be, allowed to post subjective view points, in this case on golf products. Embrace the fact that you have individuals interested in (I assume I will call it "your" driver) other than one, possibly fixable, characteristic. You make things better, by finding out how to improve them. Not by talking endlessly about how great something is.

If it is Cobras goal to target better players it would behoove them to find a way to make the driver audibly pleasing. Most of us (since we have a brain) despise the "other site" because they flip out when anyone questions anything that they distribute. I believe even yourself had a problem with that aspect of their business.

Your posts sound very similar when you cannot take a slight criticism of a product you heavily endorse especially something I am even willing to try.

Yes it is a forum, but there's no point in arguing. You don't like the sound . . . you've posted many times about it, we get it. There's nothing else you're going to do to convince others, nor are others going to convince you. Better to go find something else to read.

If you insist on keeping the back and forth alive, take it to PM.

To the rest of you, please watch what you say. Don't get baited into a troll war.

If i tend to lose the ball to the right, should i get the f?

even if my swing fits the characteristics of the x?

FWIW my swing speed also merits an X and am forced to play an F because I'm LH. Aside from face angle I'm not sure what the differences in the X and F are. The F handles my SS just fine. I would definitely go with the F.

What kind of shaft do you want in this precious head? Low Torque, Low Trajectory? im looking at UST 65, Pro Launch Red, NV 65 and Graffaloy Blue.

My swing speed is 98-99, as of last thursday. I was at a callaway fitting center, I was hitting it with a smash factor of 1.45-1.52 with a hyperX Regular flex, i was hitting it 262 average I cant remember the Carry.

Thats about all I can tell you right now. Im gonna go back to golf galaxy next thursday, and get some numbers.(golf galaxy is the best I can get right now..)

A +1 golfer.

If you're a +1 why are you even worried about getting the L4V anyway. Clearly whatever you are hitting now (905R?) is working for you...just stick with that and stop complaining about the sound already. It's horse that's already been beat to death a long time ago on this thread. If you didn't notice yet...the people who are now hitting it straighter and farther don't seem to care very much....

A +1 shouldn't look to improve his/her equipment? Contrary to popular belief a lot of people do care about the sound. Let's go for the trifecta...longer, straighter and quieter.

Boy how much stock do you guys own in cobra? Let's see I guess you also think that the club is what makes someone a good golfer since it is "working for me" Here is a hint...When you are playing golf around par EVERY stroke matters. Especially when you play competitively. I have a simple rule. If something makes me play better I put it in my bag. If it does not then I keep what I got. I am ALWAYS trying new stuff. For instance I now use scratch wedges. Knocked my trust clevelands right out of the bag because they perform better. I have a very repetitive swing so I can tell what will benifit me right off the bat. We will see if a muted l4v is that stick.

Since you guys are SO hypersensative on this topic I guess you fail to see what I have been saying all along. I LIKED THE DRIVER JUST NOT THE SOUND!!! Re freaking lax. No one is going to break into your rooms with the WWE posters on the walls, Pantera blasting so loud it is shaking the natural ice out of the can and steal your precious beat stick and on the way out key your cherry 97 z28.

Isn't is awsome that golf has become all about I hit the ball longer than you and I dont give a s*^t that my drivers too loud because you can kiss my a** I CRUSH THE BALL MO FO!!!! Thats right little man I CRUSH IT!!!!! That is what you guys sound like.

Truth be told I hit the ball plenty far. The accuracy of this club is what I am after.

I willl let you know how my muted one works out. I am working with Joe to build one.

I can't argue with anything that you've said in this thread, to be honest. I just think that most would argue that someone that hits a Long, Straight and LOUD driver isn't necessarily a moron. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not, at least!

I'd say that I've picked up 20 yards with this driver on perfect swing vs. perfect swing. My old driver was perfectly good, I think I just found some sort of driver utopia/heaven/oasis here. On average, I would say that I'm probably 30yds longer because my "misses" with the L4V don't lose much in the way of distance. I don't feel like I'm swingin' it any better, but that may account for some of it. The change from the stock shaft to the PM702 was probably a quick 10yd difference. This is a great shaft for me and I don't think my last was optimal at all. I love this club after the perfect swings, but it's really the ones that I don't put a great swing on that have made this worth every penny. I've gotten some remarks about the sound at the range, but it's usually followed by "Holy S--t, how much was that?".

I've never been more confident over a club. I really need the L4V putter. Good luck with the L4V Stealth Bomber (Camillo-Style). Look forward to the results.

I can't argue with anything that you've said in this thread, to be honest. I just think that most would argue that someone that hits a Long, Straight and LOUD driver isn't necessarily a moron. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not, at least!

I'd say that I've picked up 20 yards with this driver on perfect swing vs. perfect swing. My old driver was perfectly good, I think I just found some sort of driver utopia/heaven/oasis here. On average, I would say that I'm probably 30yds longer because my "misses" with the L4V don't lose much in the way of distance. I don't feel like I'm swingin' it any better, but that may account for some of it. The change from the stock shaft to the PM702 was probably a quick 10yd difference. This is a great shaft for me and I don't think my last was optimal at all. I love this club after the perfect swings, but it's really the ones that I don't put a great swing on that have made this worth every penny. I've gotten some remarks about the sound at the range, but it's usually followed by "Holy S--t, how much was that?".

I've never been more confident over a club. I really need the L4V putter. Good luck with the L4V Stealth Bomber (Camillo-Style). Look forward to the results.

Overall how do you like the PM 702 in this driver. I am looking at one right now with a Stiff PM 702. I am worried that it may not be stiff enough.

I have a swing speed of 105-110 depending on the day. I swing an X-Stiff CompNT in a 454 and have not problem with this.

I have been reading this thread now for weeks and don't think I can stand it anymore so either I am going to get this one or go ahead and buy a new one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I LOVE the PM702 in this club. My SS is about 120 give or take. I'm playing the X tipped .5" and it has made a world of difference over the redboard that I played with for a few rounds while waiting for the PM to arrive. The stock shaft was a little high on the launch for my taste and really ballooned on me. The 702 lowered the launch to an optimal level and flattened the flight out perfectly. I'm having a blast playing golf with this club.

Another option is to buy a PM702 off of ebay which is what I did. It was $79 shipped and I remember there being a few shafts left.

I LOVE the PM702 in this club. My SS is about 120 give or take. I'm playing the X tipped .5" and it has made a world of difference over the redboard that I played with for a few rounds while waiting for the PM to arrive. The stock shaft was a little high on the launch for my taste and really ballooned on me. The 702 lowered the launch to an optimal level and flattened the flight out perfectly. I'm having a blast playing golf with this club.

Another option is to buy a PM702 off of ebay which is what I did. It was $79 shipped and I remember there being a few shafts left.

Thanks for info.

Have you hit a diamana before? Can you compare the feel of the diamana to the PM702?

What kind of shaft do you want in this precious head? Low Torque, Low Trajectory? im looking at UST 65, Pro Launch Red, NV 65 and Graffaloy Blue.

My swing speed is 98-99, as of last thursday. I was at a callaway fitting center, I was hitting it with a smash factor of 1.45-1.52 with a hyperX Regular flex, i was hitting it 262 average I cant remember the Carry.

Thats about all I can tell you right now. Im gonna go back to golf galaxy next thursday, and get some numbers.(golf galaxy is the best I can get right now..)

Anyone?

Went and hit an LV4F today these were my figures

L4VF 9* Dimama Stock Stiff, SS 93, LA7.6, BS 141, RPM 2100

Bought a G10

Ping G10 Draw 10.5 Stock Regular, SS107, LA14.4, BS 158, RPM 2700

Yeah I think its clear that this is a joke guys...

Overall how do you like the PM 702 in this driver. I am looking at one right now with a Stiff PM 702. I am worried that it may not be stiff enough.

I have a swing speed of 105-110 depending on the day. I swing an X-Stiff CompNT in a 454 and have not problem with this.

I have been reading this thread now for weeks and don't think I can stand it anymore so either I am going to get this one or go ahead and buy a new one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would go with the X, if you want a stiff feel. Shaft should play softer in the head, so you need to go a little bit up in flex. Also depends on the length you want to play the club.

Have you hit a diamana before? Can you compare the feel of the diamana to the PM702?

I have a Redboard X in my 3W that I bag right now. The Diamana shafts are tough to compete with in terms of pure feel. Performance-wise, I've had such good results with the PM702 in my driver that I haven't toyed with it. The Diamana Whiteboard (at various weights and flexes) has received a ton of praise in this driver in this thread.

Which Diamana are you referring to?

I have tried the Blue and the White, and I feel like the White is more comparable to the 702. The Blue will launch a little higher and spin a little more than the 702. The White, for me, launched about the same, spun a little bit less, and felt much, much smoother. I find the 702 to be a bit boardy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a difference in feel for me. I play the Pype in mine, and I personally feel like even that shaft feels less boardy than the 702. I would say the Diamana Blue is smoother than the White, and the White is smoother feeling than the 702. Hope that helps!

PING G430 LST 9*, Ventus Black TR 7X
PING G425 14.5*, Ventus Blue 8X
PING iCrossover 18*, Ping Tour 85X
PING i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7
Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 60
Ping PLD

Which Diamana are you referring to?

I have tried the Blue and the White, and I feel like the White is more comparable to the 702. The Blue will launch a little higher and spin a little more than the 702. The White, for me, launched about the same, spun a little bit less, and felt much, much smoother. I find the 702 to be a bit boardy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a difference in feel for me. I play the Pype in mine, and I personally feel like even that shaft feels less boardy than the 702. I would say the Diamana Blue is smoother than the White, and the White is smoother feeling than the 702. Hope that helps!

Yea I have a blue in my 3 wood and love it. How does the protopype compare? Firmer?

I have played both a PM-702 and a Diamana Whiteboard in this head. The Diamana has a much smoother feel. The PM702 is a stout shaft. Both are a nice match for this head.

i personally am tired of reading post #1414155 about how far this driver is. now i want to know if theres a way to mute it.

Sure.

Don't hit it.

If everyone is going to base the sound of a driver just at the range or in the enclosed rooms of GolfSmith or RD, don't bother. However, in play, on the tee box, it does not sound loud. Also, I think robo has a great point some posts back about the different shafts and the effects of the sound - but I can't recall my pype sounding bad...could be that I got used to it but oh heck. I played Angeles National, CA yesterday and that is one mean course if you don't drive straight and even my pro said I carry the ball one hell of a way, easily out driving his lower Superquad ball with roll: straight and plenty of carry over the waste, just what the doctor ordered. By the way, he looked at my head with the pype and we put it side by side with his superquad, his SQ just looked like a oversized fairway wood, lol.

Moral of the story, take the sound issue with a grain of salt cause the open tees it is pretty good and not ringing as versus some range with the fencing that will amplify the sound. I rather have the L4V sound than the muted sound of my Cherry Bomb FS2.

Can't please everyone on the forum.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

New to page too.

I bought the stiff LV4 F 9 degree. If you hit it perfect, yes it is the bomb. 275 yds with slight draw. I kind of wish they had a X in stock at the time I try the F just to hit it, however the F it is. Not a bad club for the $$. I also hit the Ping G 10 with the pro stiff shaft. 250 yds, straight every time. 12 handicap

PS, I may have to go buy the G 10 for a back up workable driver.