2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

One of the most shocking things ive ever seen....

Jim123

Today I was out having a nice day golfing. I was actually on my second round for the day( and I was playing alone). Anyway I get to the 11th tee and tee up. Take a few practice swings when all the sudden some old man emerges from the bushes with a bag of clubs. The guy never makes eye contact with me. He just starts cursing and saying" this is f'in bullxxxx"!!!! and all kinds of profanity. Then he grabs his bag and launches it(which i though was amazing for a man of his age). He then picks up a bunch of his irons and throws them off the tee. Still cursing, he grabs a bunch of balls from his bag and launches them in the woods. He grabbed one of his woods( he made sure he took his headcover off) then launched it also into the woods. Still cursing he tees up one of his balls and nails a drive 250 yards right down the middle. Still cursing...he picks up his clubs and off he goes. Not once making eye contact with me or acting like I was even there. Now I was playing from the blues, and this occured one tee up from me on the whites(maybe 10 yards in front of me).

I was honestly speechless. I don't know why he was so mad...but jeez...he had a few screws loose. I almost wanted to ask why he was mad, but was really almost afraid...

So, have any of you ever witnessed something like this. Now, I have no idea why he was mad...but lets just assume it was because of a bad day of golf. Have you ever seen a stranger, a playing partner, or one of your friends just lose it because of a bad day of golf?

(Btw, there really is no way to describe just how hilarious this was. It was just priceless. It was kind of one of those...you had to be there to see it...events.)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad never was a good bunker player and taking three to get out always annoys him... :D

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

On my 4th or 5th round after taking up the asport this year I was alone and got paired with 2 older guys by the starter.

5th Hole, one of them hits his t shot into a par 3 greenside bunker, takes 2 attempts to get out, runs over the green straight into a bunker on the other side..... 3 more swings later he is on the green and almost crimson faced with rage. He turns, and then wings his sand wedge out into the bushes and thorns behind the green. He putts out, climbs in his cart and heads to the next tee. He eventually called time and quit the round on hole 14.

6 weeks later I am on the same course, come to that hole and go searching, just out of curiosity, sure enough, about 40 yards in I find his Wedge, so he never did try to reclaim it. I turned it into the lost and found, didn't want a wedge that performed that badly in my bag... :D

Today I was out having a nice day golfing. I was actually on my second round for the day( and I was playing alone). Anyway I get to the 11th tee and tee up. Take a few practice swings when all the sudden some old man emerges from the bushes with a bag of clubs. The guy never makes eye contact with me. He just starts cursing and saying" this is f'in bullxxxx"!!!! and all kinds of profanity. Then he grabs his bag and launches it(which i though was amazing for a man of his age). He then picks up a bunch of his irons and throws them off the tee. Still cursing, he grabs a bunch of balls from his bag and launches them in the woods. He grabbed one of his woods( he made sure he took his headcover off) then launched it also into the woods. Still cursing he tees up one of his balls and nails a drive 250 yards right down the middle. Still cursing...he picks up his clubs and off he goes. Not once making eye contact with me or acting like I was even there. Now I was playing from the blues, and this occured one tee up from me on the whites(maybe 10 yards in front of me).

I was honestly speechless. I don't know why he was so mad...but jeez...he had a few screws loose. I almost wanted to ask why he was mad, but was really almost afraid...

So, have any of you ever witnessed something like this. Now, I have no idea why he was mad...but lets just assume it was because of a bad day of golf. Have you ever seen a stranger, a playing partner, or one of your friends just lose it because of a bad day of golf?

(Btw, there really is no way to describe just how hilarious this was. It was just priceless. It was kind of one of those...you had to be there to see it...events.)

That's funny $h!t. Total meltdowns always make me laugh. Not sure why. :D

My friend and I were once paired with 2 Korean guys. They played decent and at a good pace. My friend and I teed off first on every hole until the 13th hole. The Korean duo decided to tee off first as in a hurry and I thought nothing of it, but then they started walking off in a hurry on the left side of the fairway. So I had to wait for them to clear before teeing off. We both hit our tee shots and made our way down the fairway. I saw one of the Korean guys looking for a ball and wondered what had happened to the other guy. So I kept walking to my ball and that's when I noticed the other guy squatting on the rough next to a tree with his pants down taking a crap! I could'nt believe my eyes and quickly turned away. So as you can guess, after the round was over we did'nt bother shaking hands. YUCK! :D

Crazy stuff happens out there................

Funny stories guys!!

I played a pro am a few years ago in spain, obviously we had the whole week enjoyed ourselves and took advantage of the night life.

In our third rond one of the guys in my team was having a nighhtmare! he had hit about 5 out of bounds and plenty more in the water. Just to paint a picture, my friend is a ptretty big guy 6 ft 3 and 17 stone - with his caddie a local spanish lad about 5 ft 8, 8 stone wet through. We then came to a par 3 about 150 yds over water, he hit his first ball in the water - the caddie says " agua senior!", he then hits another in water - the caddie says " agua senior!", Another 2 balls in the water with the same response from the caddie. Our friend was getting angryier and we could not stop laughing. :D

So one more ball in the water - the caddie says again " agua senior!", My friend then turns round picks the caddy up and chucks him in the lake!! priceless. We pi***ed ourselves laughing. :)

The caddie was a good sport, we invited him later for a meal and a night on the town with us.

I saw 2 foursomes break out in a rumble right in the middle of a fairway once. Group one playing down the 4th hole, crosses over to the 3rd fairway to retrieve a sliced ball. Waiting there in the middle of the 3rd fairway was group 2. When they met a fight broke out. I was ahead of them so other than asking for some popcorn to watch the fun, it didn't slow down my round too much, but I think those behind them had some issues.

Sounds like the old sneak on the to back nine and play for free routine.

The Set up:

I get to the 11th tee and tee up. Take a few practice swings when all the sudden some old man emerges from the bushes with a bag of clubs. The guy never makes eye contact with me. He just starts cursing and saying" this is f'in bullxxxx"!!!!

The Bait:

He then picks up a bunch of his irons and throws them off the tee. Still cursing, he grabs a bunch of balls from his bag and launches them in the woods.

The Tell:

He grabbed one of his woods( he made sure he took his headcover off) then launched it also into the woods.

The Take:

Still cursing he tees up one of his balls and nails a drive 250 yards right down the middle. Still cursing...he picks up his clubs and off he goes. Not once making eye contact with me or acting like I was even there.

This guy was a PRO. Throw away clubs and balls, but didn't throw the bag and his "GAMERS". He's good....real good :D :) ;)

At a course a few countys over years ago we were on a green near the tee box of a hole that you can drive over water to cut out a goo piece of distance.

A guy had apparently hit his drive in the lake due to the language comming from him. I notice him teeing up what I assume is his second drive, hits it, splash. Same thing for drive number three and four. The guy's pretty pissed, not saying anything but you can tell he's close to festering over. He walks off the tee box, gets in his cart and drives it directly into the lake, swims out and walks off.

We were rolling laughing, it was awesome. So we calm down, finish out our chips and puts, then we notice the guy comming back. We hung around knowing it would be good. The guy jumps in the lake, gets his bag off the back of the cart, drags it on shore, opens a pocket, gets out his keys then flings the entire bag, clubs and all, back into the lake and storms off again.

Priceless with an encore.

This is the funniest thread ever.

Not nearly as over the top as a couple of these stories, but at the range once I hear this odd sound coming from behind me after every shot... I look behind, and this a'hole is smacking the cement with his iron after EVERY shot like he's p'd off.

A few years ago on a league I played on, a pretty tight course. Group is coming up the other way in the rough. They're about 120 yards away. My playing partner, who swings out of his shoes every shot, hits a bullet about 30 degrees right, 3 feet off the ground. We all scream 4, and the one guy takes a header into the cart. The ball goes right through the cart. Luckily the guy was on the floor as it whizzed over his head.

Worst thing I ever saw was in 1994 when a guy toss a bran new Hogan Wedge into a pond after shaning 3 in a row into the water trying to pitch over to a green.

AND, I was tempted to jump in and find it!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Worst thing I ever saw was in 1994 when a guy toss a bran new Hogan Wedge into a pond after shaning 3 in a row into the water trying to pitch over to a green.

AND, I was tempted to jump in and find it!

I had a buddy I played with 2-3 times per week. He was trying to lob the ball over a bunker to a tight pin. First attempt, SHANK. Second attempt, SHANK. I am torn between laughing and feeling bad for him. So I decided to lighten the mood a bit; "hey, if you hit one more you get a Hat Trick and a patch for your jacket." Third attempt, SHANK. I was about 50 yds away from him when he helicoptered his wedge at me and shooting me the bird. He was not very good company the rest of the day.

Overachieving Underachiever

A guy had apparently hit his drive in the lake due to the language comming from him. I notice him teeing up what I assume is his second drive, hits it, splash. Same thing for drive number three and four.

This is why we all love Equitable Score Control. We all know what "Control" stands for - when the worst you can get is a double the 3rd drive in the lake feels just a BIT better. Somebody should have told this guy - but from what you describe something tells me he doesn't keep a handicap :D.

Funny stories guys!!

I played a pro am a few years ago in spain, obviously we had the whole week enjoyed ourselves and took advantage of the night life.

In our third rond one of the guys in my team was having a nighhtmare! he had hit about 5 out of bounds and plenty more in the water. Just to paint a picture, my friend is a ptretty big guy 6 ft 3 and 17 stone - with his caddie a local spanish lad about 5 ft 8, 8 stone wet through. We then came to a par 3 about 150 yds over water, he hit his first ball in the water - the caddie says " agua senior!", he then hits another in water - the caddie says " agua senior!", Another 2 balls in the water with the same response from the caddie. Our friend was getting angryier and we could not stop laughing. :D

So one more ball in the water - the caddie says again " agua senior!", My friend then turns round picks the caddy up and chucks him in the lake!! priceless. We pi***ed ourselves laughing. :)

The caddie was a good sport, we invited him later for a meal and a night on the town with us.

This one takes the PRIZE!!! The caddy HAD to know it was coming ;) :alcoholic: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

car keys out of the bag out of the lake, back into the lake, takes a close second.

The coming back for the keys is pretty funny.

I was out playing La Contenta in norcal one time as a single and got paired up with a twosome and another single. On the first tee, the other single guy says "thats my house right there" and points at a house like right off the tee, not more than 50 feet down the fairway and way off the side. I asked if anyone had ever hit his house and he said "nah, its pretty far offline"

One of the guys from the twosome hit first and toed a driver dead left through the guy's sliding glass door. I almost gave myself a hernia I laughed so hard.

I felt bad because it was the one guys door and the other guy had to pay, but it was so hilarious that we'd just talked about it not 30 seconds before.

The coming back for the keys is pretty funny.

I was out playing La Contenta in norcal one time as a single and got paired up with a twosome and another single. On the first tee, the other single guy says "thats my house right there" and points at a house like right off the tee, not more than 50 feet down the fairway and way off the side. I asked if anyone had ever hit his house and he said "nah, its pretty far offline"

One of the guys from the twosome hit first and toed a driver dead left through the guy's sliding glass door. I almost gave myself a hernia I laughed so hard.

I felt bad because it was the one guys door and the other guy had to pay, but it was so hilarious that we'd just talked about it not 30 seconds before.

That's priceless. Reminds me of my friends who were touring a house for sale alongside a golf course. Standing in the living room looking out to the course, my buddy asks the realtor, "So does this place ever get hit?" "Not at all, this house is outside the path of balls" responds the lady. Not 2 seconds later - "WHACK" right above their heads on the roof. Realtor: "Well, maybe every once in a while."

Temper... gets more people into trouble...

Son-in-law used to have an extremely bad temper on the course. Shanked a 5-iron and sent it helicoptering into the air. Landed in a tree along the side of the fairway... and stayed up there. We had to let two groups pass as he climbed up the tree to retrieve his iron. I told him that if he ever did that again in my prescence, that would be the last time he would join me on the course.

Regular group, some years ago, had one who would sometimes invite his brother to join us. Brother had a propensity for temper tantrums. Topped a tee shot on a par 4 and proceeded to kick his bag... full of clubs... ahead of him for at least 50 yards down the fairway. Clubs were strung from just in front of the tee the entire 50 yards. No one was following us... thank goodness!!!... as he walked back and picked up his clubs. Two of the clubs' shafts were bent too bad to ever play again.

Current group had a regular a couple of years ago. This is the most pleasant gentleman... off the course. He just cannot handle the pressure applied by this dastardly game. Was having a rather poor round, one Saturday. Hit his tee ball on 8 into the right rough. As the rest of us walked to our balls, someone asked him if he needed help looking for his ball. That was about the time we all realized he wasn't headed towards his ball... he was headed to the clubhouse and home! Walked in without saying a word. The next weekend, he blew up after hitting a poor drive on #12. One of the group made a comment, "You need to take a couple of weeks off... and then quit." A year and a half later, he's never been back on a course!

wow, thats harsh! lol.... one time i was on the practice green by the 1st and 9th tee and some older gentleman came up to the 9th tee and hit 3 shots... 1st shot was okay, just a little bit short of were he should have layed up, 2nd shot was the same, (i could tell he was getting a bit steamed), then the 3rd shot was just a shank, and out of no where he just starts yelling profanity (also acting like i wasnt there) and walks away mumbling you f'n mother f'r your just a f'n baby, stuff like that. i was shocked and i started laughing.

I still laugh when I think of this. Playing with my son & his friend several yrs ago. My sons friend chunked a couple chips on the first hole and threw his wedge in the air. It seemed like 5 minutes before the club came down. Unfortunatly it landed in the pond next to the green. Luckly, the head buried in the muddy bottom with the grip sticking about a inch out of the water. Guess what happen when my sons friend tried to retrieve it ? SPLASH. Good thing the water wasn't deep as we ( even him) were all laughing so hard he might of drowned before we could help him out.

You don't get it. He made a scene, cut in front of you and is playing for FREE!!!!!!!!!

Ping g430 10K w/ DI-6S

TaylorMade Sim Ti 5W w/ Ventus blue 7-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

Mizuno 243  w/ Modus 120-S, 4-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X