2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

One of the most shocking things ive ever seen....

Jim123

There was one time back in high school...three of my buddies from the team went out for a round after school one day. We're on the 12th hole putting out, and got to the 13th tee. Two guys are storming down the hill in their carts and start screaming at us.

"Where's my ball! Where's my F-ing ball!"

We start looking at each other and ask him, "What are you talking about?"

Now should be a good time to mention both guys had arms the size of my waist. These had to be two of the biggest guys I've seen. Insanely huge. So I started to grip my 6 iron a bit tighter.

"You guys stole my F-ing ball! It was a F-ing Pinnacle!!!! Where is it??"

His buddy tries to calm him down, and that's when he pushes his buddy to the ground screaming "Don't F-ing touch me!"

They both got in their cart and headed back...I guess to search for his Pinnacle. My buddy did offer him a Strata, at which he scoffed "I don't play cheap balls!"

I seriously thought I had to take a 6 iron to his head and turn myself in to the police.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing with a friend(who's a fairly good player, and have won a few competitions with him), and his girlfriend in tow(a good friend of mine also). He's having a bad day, and hates having her watching. He also has a temper. And she hates it. 8th tee, he chunks one, after having chunked several before that. What does he do? Slam the club into the ground? No. Helicopter? No. Scream profanity? No. Everything seemed normal, he walked to his bag, put his iron away as normal. He then lifts the bag by the carry handle rather than the straps, starts spinning round with it, clubs going everywhere, and lets go. It went a good 25 yards. He then picks up the clubs, and the bag and storms off. His girlfriend didnt say a word. I finished up and asked if she would be going with him? "Nope, I've got his wallet, phone and keys"

There was one time back in high school...three of my buddies from the team went out for a round after school one day. We're on the 12th hole putting out, and got to the 13th tee. Two guys are storming down the hill in their carts and start screaming at us.

"Where's my ball! Where's my F-ing ball!"

We start looking at each other and ask him, "What are you talking about?"

Now should be a good time to mention both guys had arms the size of my waist. These had to be two of the biggest guys I've seen. Insanely huge. So I started to grip my 6 iron a bit tighter.

"You guys stole my F-ing ball! It was a F-ing Pinnacle!!!! Where is it??"

His buddy tries to calm him down, and that's when he pushes his buddy to the ground screaming "Don't F-ing touch me!"

They both got in their cart and headed back...I guess to search for his Pinnacle. My buddy did offer him a Strata, at which he scoffed "I don't play cheap balls!"

I seriously thought I had to take a 6 iron to his head and turn myself in to the police.

Wow. He needs to go to an anger clinic. And i also wouldnt say that pinnacle is one of the most expensive balls on the market.....

• 5 months later...

i remember seeing a nice highlight video of steve "the volcano" pate, he sliced a 2 iron off the tee right into the woods, then he immediatley turned and drilled the actuall tee marker with his 2 iron completley destroying it, this was like 5 years ago and still today i cant find another video of the guy

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA best line i have ever heard

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

We had a member at the club who would start swearing and throwing clubs at the end of the range as he warmed up for the round each and every time he played. He hardly ever spoke during his round and was very Polite. He was a solid player, 9-10 hdc. but on the range he was a Wild Man. I too think he was a few fries short of a Happy Meal. :man_in_love: :black eye:

Ping g430 10K w/ DI-6S

TaylorMade Sim Ti 5W w/ Ventus blue 7-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

Mizuno 243  w/ Modus 120-S, 4-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

I don't have a really funny story, but this just happened a few months ago:

1- I changed balls for a long par 3 over water and I came in too steep, and the ball chunked into the water. My buddy says never, ever play a 'water ball'. I said why not? He said if you play a water ball, you'll never hit it well. He went on to say he never plays a water ball.

Next hole is a few hundred yards and the whole right fairway is lined with water up to the about 50 yards of the green. Dangerous hole for right handed guys like us. He's paranoid after his 'water ball' speech. SO he proceeds to hit a nasty snap hook into left field. He still has a fair shot, he's just a fairway over!

I am up in front of the hole right beside the water. My friend and some others go waaaay out left to hit his ball. I'm not paying attention since I am about 100 yards in front of him, and easily 100 yards right of him. Then I hear.... a scream and a *whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz PLUNK!*.

I almost wet myself the ball almost hit me.. right in the water. I then laughed to myself. My friend hit 4 more *whiiiiiiiiiiz ker-plunk!* making 5 premium balls in the water. I couldn't look at him he was so angry, I didn't want to laugh. But I saw him running with his clubs across the fairway, then past my ball, to my right swearing up to the next tee box. He just swore between yelling, 'don't say anything about f*ing water balls'.

2. Embarrassing moment time. I was playing with my wife we were driving a cart. She was actually driving it. I hit a shorter iron and I was displeased with the results, I was still looking at my shot as I walked back to the golf cart to put my club away. My wife was accelerating the golf cart towards me, but I didn't hear it! BANG! She steers the bumper into my knee, and I bend over in pain and she accelerates the cart a bit more, and my head smashes into the windshield!!

I fell flat on my back with a yelp and she hit the break just before running over my junk! I was pretty ticked off when I crawled out but then I saw other people laughing like crazy and I started laughing with a beat red face (and bruised forehead).

• 7 months later...

Couple of stories:

We're on a bachelor party playing golf to start off. There are about 10-12 of us playing in 3 groups. My cart partner is a good friend and a good player. (+2 hdcp). He's getting steamed throughout the front 9 because some shots aren't going as planned. Not terrible shots though. Of course we're all drinking. On the 9th hole his approach shot comes up about 30 yards short of the green. I think his drive found some trouble so that was all he could do on his second shot. I pull the cart up to about 5 yards from his ball and I'm sitting in it watching him hit his shot. His pitch lands on the green and checks up and stops about 30 feet from the hole. He starts cussing and throws his club towards the cart path left of the green. He proceeds to walk to the cart and grabs another club and throws it. Then he grabs another club out of his bag and throws it. His clubs are flying about 20 yards each toss and all of them are landing in the same area. On his third toss, I notice that he almost hit a wooden sign by a road that says "Welcome to the course". He then grabs another club and throws it. It hits the wooden sign and snaps in half. He was cussing loudly the entire time. He then gets into the cart calmly as I'm looking at him trying not to laugh. He says in a calm voice and a straight face, "I probably shouldn't have thrown that last one huh?" Instant laughter.

The next story involves the same guy. We were playing in a 4 man scramble and were starting on the 10th hole. It's a long par 3. We have a little bit of a wait so that every team can drive to their respective holes. Our other 2 playing partners drive the cart out to their vehicle to grab something that they forgot. I walk into the clubhouse to get some beer and a candy bar. As I'm walking out of the clubhouse and across the practice green to the 10th tee box, I see my buddy squating down behind the cart digging around in his golf bag. Our other 2 buddies are driving around the corner on the path approaching the tee box. I'm watching the 2 driving in the cart and they are rapidly approaching the other cart. I see him take his foot off of the gas pedal and push down on the brake. The cart does not stop. They slam into the other cart smashing our buddy between the 2. He somehow falls out to the side a little bit, but the cart is still revved up. As I start running towards the cart to turn the key off, the passenger in the cart reaches down and turns it. Our buddy is laying on his back half under the cart. We are all asking him if he's okay as we are pulling him out from underneath. He gets up and limps around and gives his body a once over to see if everything is still there. He has a little bit of "road rash" on his knees. The driver of the cart is emphatically apollogizing and saying that the accelerator was stuck. After the victim sees that he is okay he says in the same calm voice from earlier, "Well, that's not how I wanted to start my day!"

2 of us start laughing, but the driver was visably distraught. He said, "I thought I killed you." Everybody calmed down after it was obvious that he wasn't hurt and we won the tournament.

I grew up caddying and saw some interesting stuff, but it is easy to remember the craziest incident.

One member was in his early 60s and had a vanity handicap of 4 or 5. He also had the most explosive temper I've ever seen in person. I looped for him a couple of times and never saw anything better than an 84 or 85. He was a PITA to caddy for anyhow so I avoided getting paired off with him (I'd been caddying there for a long while - had my regulars) as much as possible.

This guy's vanity 'cap really hurt him as his regular group liked to play for some good money, at least a couple of C-notes per hole plus side bets as I remember (late 1980s.) With a vanity handicap this can get you cleaned out in a hurry :o which is exactly what must have happened one day.

Saw the member coming off of 18 and he was steamed. Had a beginner young "B-caddy" looping for him (the veteran loopers avoided him like the SARS) walking towards the parking lot. Took his bag from the caddy, young caddy goes inside. Member's face is getting redder and redder with each step, then he takes his bag (full of clubs!) off his shoulder :o and slings it into the parking lot :o :o :o .

Quite a few irons came out of the bag and did some pretty significant body damage to at least two cars that were parked in the spaces just a few feet from the bag drop.

The caddies standing just outside the shack (me included) were speechless, and we scattered. I didn't want any part of that situation - needed that looping job too much!

I don't know whatever happened with that, if he was suspended or fined by the club or anything. Whatever it was happened quietly and us caddies certainly never knew any of the details. I'm sure that any money he had left after settling up his bets that day was absorbed by paying a paint and body man to fix those two cars.

I have no - ZERO - respect for any adult who throws a temper tantrum like that This is supposed to be a gentleman's game. At the end of the day it is a GAME and is supposed to be FUN.

If I ever lose my cool on the golf course, I'm done with the game. If it's not fun any more, I'll find a hobby that is fun.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Today I was out having a nice day golfing. I was actually on my second round for the day( and I was playing alone). Anyway I get to the 11th tee and tee up. Take a few practice swings when all the sudden some old man emerges from the bushes with a bag of clubs. The guy never makes eye contact with me. He just starts cursing and saying" this is f'in bullxxxx"!!!! and all kinds of profanity. Then he grabs his bag and launches it(which i though was amazing for a man of his age). He then picks up a bunch of his irons and throws them off the tee. Still cursing, he grabs a bunch of balls from his bag and launches them in the woods. He grabbed one of his woods( he made sure he took his headcover off) then launched it also into the woods. Still cursing he tees up one of his balls and nails a drive 250 yards right down the middle. Still cursing...he picks up his clubs and off he goes. Not once making eye contact with me or acting like I was even there. Now I was playing from the blues, and this occured one tee up from me on the whites(maybe 10 yards in front of me).

I was honestly speechless. I don't know why he was so mad...but jeez...he had a few screws loose. I almost wanted to ask why he was mad, but was really almost afraid...

So, have any of you ever witnessed something like this. Now, I have no idea why he was mad...but lets just assume it was because of a bad day of golf. Have you ever seen a stranger, a playing partner, or one of your friends just lose it because of a bad day of golf?

(Btw, there really is no way to describe just how hilarious this was. It was just priceless. It was kind of one of those...you had to be there to see it...events.)

Sounds like the psycho that plays in our group from time to time. He has loaded several of the ponds with nice putters and wedges. When this idiot gets really PO'd with himself he makes himself eat golf tees. He's a real treat to play with!

• 3 weeks later...

That story is halarious. There are some crazy people who play golf and some wacky things go on there.

I grew up playing a good public course and there was a guy (who still plays at the age of about 87 I think). Back in the 70s and 80s he was a scratch player. He won the State Am one year, I think it was in the 1960s. He was known for doing the most wackiest things on the course and after the round depending on how he played. I've heard a few of the stories first hand and there are many. Some of the best are:

You have to know and see this guy to really grasp the humor and bizzaro factor of the story...

One day after playing a round he was not happy with he went back out onto the course, with his driver in hand. Somebody playing spotted him sitting in a very tall tree off the 2nd fairway. (this tree is huge, probably 45 to 50 feet tall). He was way up in it. When asked what he was doing, he just mumbled something. Apparenly he was up in the tree for a very long time. Later it was discovered that earlier in the day he was playing and hit his tee shot up into the tree and never found the ball.

Another story was after a bad round of about 2 over par, he took scissors and cut the bogies off his score card and ate them. (now that bizzare, lol).

He was also known for bowling in the basement of the club house. Back about 30 to 40 years ago they have a couple of bowling alleys in the basement. He once took a bowling ball threw it up and butted head with it out of anger.

This guy was lengendary. As a jr. golfer I played many a rounds with him and my father at this point he was much more mellow and a very very nice guy actually. The guy could hands down play golf and his clubs were something you would see at a yard sale. He also would often head out to the course after a round and re hit a shot from the fway which he messed up during his round. He would hit about 3 to 4 dozen shots from the exact spot until he got it right.

Was out playing with a buddy who was enjoying drinking more than golfing.We played a round and when finished went to a friends where he had a few more beers.We all decided to go and play another round.We were on the 1st tee and there was a group behind us.My friend remarked how this old woman in the group behind us was good we would have to keep up the pace to stay ahead of her and her group.I guess he was trying to impress her and he swung out of his shoes on his drive to see it go about 30 feet.On his second shot he missed the ball at least 8 consecutive times digging a divot about 6 inchs deep before he finnally made contact.No one could keep a strait face and we all were laughing.Somehow he kept his temper in check and played fine after that so all that energy he exerted on that shot must've sobered him up.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY

who are you calling old man.

BTW did you pick clubs up for me i was to mad to go get them

hahahahahahaha

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

My buddies and I were playing our annual "ring" tournament. This tournament is dedicated to a friend of ours who lost his wedding ring 2 hours after the wedding, hence the name, we think its a record. About 25 of us play in the tourney. The tournament has only 2 rules, you can only use 1 club the entire round which is picked by the winner of the previous years tournament, this year was a 5 wood. The other rule is that you must have a beer in your hand at all times, besides when playing a shot, if you are caught without one its a one stroke penalty. Safe to say its a blast.

We always pick the worst course in the area because by the back 9 we're in no condition to be on a respectable course. This year we were on the 14th hole, a par 3. The hole had a steep hill to the right of the green. My partner skies his tee shot well right and ends up on top of this hill. We take the cart down near the green and I hop out. He says he is going to find his ball up on this hill. I see him boot off in the cart and he goes the safe way to the top of this hill. He hits his shot, hops back in the cart and proceeds to try to come down the steepest part of the hill. He ends up locking up the brakes, the back end is fishtailing all over the place, narrowly missing some trees. He bails out of the cart and it continues on. It makes it down the hill, clips the edge of a bunker and flips over coming to rest beside the green. We are dying laughing at the whole situation, as is the group behind us. We run over to the cart, flip it back over and amazingly there was no serious damage, the carts roof was pretty lopsided but we managed to bend it back to somewhat normal shape and continued on. When the round was done we dropped the cart off and made a beeline to our ride who was waiting. We've been back to that course since for the annual tourney and no one every said anything to us.

Mine would be last year:

I am playing this local ****** with a real vanity cap, so the first hole he hits his approach on a par 4 misses the green to the right a little bit into a grass bunker, well we search and search and can't find his ball, so he is rattled we are playing for cash and he is already behind big time (I birdied the hole) so we come to #2 a Par 5 with water down the right side, there is a group in front of us just finishing teeing off, they decide to let us play through, so this guy snap hooks his driver into the middle of the lake, he is steaming hot, hits his second shot and it's borderline staying in bounds, he whips his driver back into some pine tree's well if it doesn't get stuck up in the trees, so these people who are letting us play though are watching, and I am embarased for even being in the same group as this guy (I'm the Vice President of the Club) and it just looks bad. So he gets his driver and up the fairway we go, so we are walking along the edge of the fairway and there is a ball sitting on the edge of the rough, no where near where his ball would have been he sees it says "O there it is" and then discovers it's not his, now I remind you the group that let us play though had tee's off already, so this guy say "fu@k this isn't my ball" and whips the ball into the lake, I am shocked! Speechless, I go hit my ball and he says he found his (wouldn't put it past him to just drop one inthe rough) but he hits and we play the hole out so after 2 holes he is 7 strokes behind me. I say to him he did you ever think that could have been someone elses ball? He gets this stupid look on his face, and I just say to him "this match is over, and if I ever see you pull anything like this again you'll be looking at a suspension of you playing privilages"

A month later I am in the same group for the qualifying round of an Open Tourney, he hooks three balls in a row out of bounds on the 4th hole, I could see he was steamed, but he kept his cool, so hopefully he learned his lesson.

There are all sorts of characters out there.