2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New iGolf Neo Model

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. New to these forums and have been reading with interest, all the posts about this igolf neo. ive been considering getting one for weeks now and like all the input ive read here.

On another note, i just got on TigerGPS today and "while they last" they have the neo for $99. Needless to say i ordred mine today :)

thats a great price. If your looking to buy at a store, The golfsmith 15% off coupon is working on the igolf neo (even though it says gps systems are excluded). Also, sports chalet had them marked $20 off (when i checked last week) and they have a $25 off printable coupon so it can probably be had for around ~105 ( +tax)

Quick update: took my Neo out again today (3rd round), and let my buddy borrow it. He loves it, especially since it made his club selection one less worry. ALso, after 3 rounds, and no recharging, I still have 60% battery life. Awesome. Should be good for 3 more before I have to recharge.

Answer to the question posed above by A874:

Back to your reason for mapping 'lg' or 'rg', why don't you just hit to the center.

I like to know how far to the front and back of the green I am, neven if I am of to one side. By mapping LG and RG, I can tell how far to the "front" and "back" of the green I am. Especially helpful when the pin isn't in the center of the green (almost always).

ALso, after 3 rounds, and no recharging, I still have 60% battery life. Awesome. Should be good for 3 more before I have to recharge.

Nope, that's it. Three rounds is all you'll get. 60% on battery meter is virtually empty. You'll run out in the middle of the next round. Trust me. I won't take mine out with less than 65%.

Just got mine delivered yesterday from TigerGPS. Looks like a pretty nice unit. Im just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so i can map my home course.

I also got to thinking about this course download thing since i really have nothing else to do but sit and think :)

If someone has the paid membership and downloads the courses is it possible to send those files to someone?

Basically are the file transfereable? Where i live i have 2 home courses and only a handful of others that i may play 1 or 2 times a year so im not sure i intend on buying a membership but also dont know if i wanna map every course just for a game or two a year.

Seems like if somone had a 100 downloads but didnt use them they could make a couple bucks of there membership back getting courses for people like me :)

Anyway im just mostly curious about wether the're sharable. Anyone know?

thanks

I believe that according to the official iGolf rules, No they are not. In reality, they are VERY easy to share, just email/copy from one PC to another. They're only 7Kb in size.

i figured it was fairly easy like that, and also figured it was something igolf said no no too :)

like i said, i was just sitting here thinking about it cause i cant us the thing right now anyway (wayyyyy to cold in OHIO)

like i said, i was just sitting here thinking about it cause i cant us the thing right now anyway (wayyyyy to cold in OHIO)

Man, I love living in Texas. Year round golf is awesome. That's why I fear being stationed anywhere north of here. Would hate to miss out on golf for more than a week.

yes that would be nice. except if i could golf year around id probably be divorced :)

though im not saying i wouldn't try it lol

its been almost 2 months for me and im pretty certain ive got a loooong way to go :(

why don't you send some of that warm weather up my way ;)

I just got an Igolf Neo for Christmas!! My wife picked it up at Tigergps for a good deal. I'm trying to load courses but the website will not pull up. It times out. Anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if the site is just overloaded because everyone is trying to play with their new toy. I'll keep trying I guess.

I am trying up here in the great white north, and it has been the same all day. hopefully i can get on the website by april

I was trying to get on the site for a long time today. I just was able to get on now [actually this is when I tried again]. The site looks like they redesigned it a bit but everything seemed to be there just a little differently.

Well, it's official. My Neo is the most important tool in my bag. Shot 79 yesterday from the tips (11 hdcp). It really was like I had a little caddie with me. And by using the left and right green marks that I plotted, I had an easier time deciding what shots to hit around the greens (used to have to pace them off---time consuming). In addition, after the round (my 5th without recharging), I was still at 50% battery life. I am going to charge it now, but I feel confident that if I ever forget it in my bag, I will still have plenty of juice for at least 6 rounds. :clapping:

Oh yeah, it's 73 degrees here, so I just might go out again. Sorry yanks!

Hi,

I don't really know if it makes a difference but I thought that I would you guys/gals. Being in the Northeast, my golf season doesn't begin [for me] until next April. Knowing that you should disconnect a car battery if the vehicle is going to be stored for awhile, bearing that in mind, I ran my NEO until all the battery juice was drained because I wasn't planning to use it this Winter. Does it matter if you keep a charge in the battery if you are going to store it for a few months or should it be completely drained?

Got my NEO for Christmas and it made it to 50* in Jersey today so I must say..it was really nice! Yardage was very accurate. Easy to use. Loved that it fit easily in my front pocket. Shot 80* (double bogey blew my 79!). The 3 guys I played with were all impressed with the NEO and said they were looking into getting one.

Can't wait for spring to play more. paid $129 but still worth it.

Bob

Hi,

I don't really know if it makes a difference but I thought that I would you guys/gals. Being in the Northeast, my golf season doesn't begin [for me] until next April. Knowing that you should disconnect a car battery if the vehicle is going to be stored for awhile, bearing that in mind, I ran my NEO until all the battery juice was drained because I wasn't planning to use it this Winter. Does it matter if you keep a charge in the battery if you are going to store it for a few months or should it be completely drained?

I've done some research and it seems to be the majority thinking that the unit should be stored with a 50% charge in order to preserve the life of the Lithium-ion battery. It is recommended not to store while completely discharged.

Be patient with me as I'm a newbie here, so maybe this has been asked before about the neo.

So far I've only seen how the Neo display looks for F,C,B distances. How do you see distances to hazards and target points? Do you toggle to a different screen or something?

Also, on a golf course that has been fully mapped by Igolf, how many hazards typically get called out on the Neo for a given hole? All of them, 2, 4, 6????

Thanks

Andy

Andy - There are 3 different screens per hole that you can toggle through. One is Center only, one is Front/Center/Back, and one is the custom points/hazards (could be 1 or 2 screens of these, but no more than 4 custom points/hazards are possible per hole). So far, I've typically seen 3-4 custom points premapped per hole. They may not always be the ones that are the most useful to you, but you can easily change the present custom points or add some if they aren't premapped. Was well worth the $99 deal a week or so ago at TigerGPS.

Guys, I'm sure most of you have seen that iGolf announced two new units a couple days ago. The two are basically identical, except for one has a color screen, and they artificially limited the number of courses the B&W can hold to 15.

BTW--If you're counting, the Neo has been on the market for over a year, and we have not had ONE software update. No new features, no improvements, nothing, nada, zip. Clearly they have been too busy with their other products. As soon as my Neo is done, I doubt I'll be rushing out to buy another one. Or any other iGolf product for that matter.

as far as updates and such go, would the unit become unusable if igolf no longer supported the neo?

i mean say they fold up as a company or just decide the neo is no longer something they consider bothering with, being that its a gps unit does it have to be maintained or taken care thru the company that manufactures it to continue recieving satellite feed to operate?

i guess im not sure how the unit would ever no longer be usable unless there is a way to block it from recieving a sat signal.

just curious

I hope that the Igolf folks are reading this and do something about adding an update to the Neo - new features and such. Otherwise, they might be cutting their own throats regarding goodwill and customers. Regarding the life expectancy of the Neo is why I downloaded [now almost 80] courses to my computer and made a backup of those courses on a flash drive. My downloaded courses really don't change in their design.