Titleist Premium Sunday Bag

BYK

Alright.  In the ever ending quest for a perfect Sunday bag, I'm looking hard at the Titleist Premium Sunday Bag.  I like the little nubs that keeps it off the ground, waterproof belly, and dual straps.  I have looked at the moonlight, but didn't like it sitting on the ground, and found the separators not so great (bottom compartment seemed kinda skinny, could never get my putter to sit right).

Thoughts on folks who have the Titleist Premium Sunday bag?  Love it?  Wish you got something else?

Yadi for President

1 hour ago, BYK said:

Alright.  In the ever ending quest for a perfect Sunday bag, I'm looking hard at the Titleist Premium Sunday Bag.  I like the little nubs that keeps it off the ground, waterproof belly, and dual straps.  I have looked at the moonlight, but didn't like it sitting on the ground, and found the separators not so great (bottom compartment seemed kinda skinny, could never get my putter to sit right).

Thoughts on folks who have the Titleist Premium Sunday bag?  Love it?  Wish you got something else?

ive owned the model form a few years ago and it was eh but this years model really really intrigues me a lot. hoping to hear from someone thats picked one up already

15 minutes ago, Zac1321 said:

ive owned the model form a few years ago and it was eh but this years model really really intrigues me a lot. hoping to hear from someone thats picked one up already

Thanks man

what's the difference in yours compared with the new model?

I'm just gonna tool around with this bag with about half my clubs

Yadi for President

17 hours ago, BYK said:

Thanks man

what's the difference in yours compared with the new model?

I'm just gonna tool around with this bag with about half my clubs

biggest difference between mine and this one is mine only had two club compartments, no nubs, no top handle, the apparel pocket wasnt full length and the water bottle pocket was different.

i had no issues with it with fitting clubs or with tangle (at least not any worse than my normal bag - ping hoofer), i used it with a full set. all of the problems i had were purely my personal preference and i ultimately still used the bag for a season before found a great deal on my current bag. i wasnt a fan of the pocket setup (particularly water bottle pocket), lack of nubs and 2 strap system.

On a sunday carry i prefer a single strap, and i was able to get around this by getting a single strap (titleist makes them and i believe you can get one if you order a bag direct through an account). the water bottle pocket was the biggest annoyance to me. This is an issue i have had with titleist bags over the last handful of years in general. the pocket is really wide but doesnt expand at all so you can barely squeeze in a standard plastic bottle and thats only if you dont have much in the pocket its outside of. Seems by the pictures they have gone with the external mesh with elastic top pouch/pocket for a water bottle which is a huge upgrade for me. I like the full length "apparel" pocket and the waterproof belly seems really solid on this years model.

• Like 1

Just now, Zac1321 said:

biggest difference between mine and this one is mine only had two club compartments, no nubs, no top handle, the apparel pocket wasnt full length and the water bottle pocket was different.

i had no issues with it with fitting clubs or with tangle (at least not any worse than my normal bag - ping hoofer), i used it with a full set. all of the problems i had were purely my personal preference and i ultimately still used the bag for a season before found a great deal on my current bag. i wasnt a fan of the pocket setup (particularly water bottle pocket), lack of nubs and 2 strap system.

On a sunday carry i prefer a single strap, and i was able to get around this by getting a single strap (titleist makes them and i believe you can get one if you order a bag direct through an account). the water bottle pocket was the biggest annoyance to me. This is an issue i have had with titleist bags over the last handful of years in general. the pocket is really wide but doesnt expand at all so you can barely squeeze in a standard plastic bottle and thats only if you dont have much in the pocket its outside of. Seems by the pictures they have gone with the external mesh with elastic top pouch/pocket for a water bottle which is a huge upgrade for me. I like the full length "apparel" pocket and the waterproof belly seems really solid on this years model.

thanks man

well I'll let ya know

I went ahead and ordered one.  I don't plan on carrying anything close to a full set, but it's good to hear tangle wasn't a huge issues with your full set and less dividers.  I hate tangle lol, and my old hoofer really seemed to struggle with that for full stand bag.  I don't know that the water bottle carrier is super big on this one, but I just carry a hydroflask which should fit fine.

Yadi for President

23 hours ago, BYK said:

so i have premium bag from a couple of years ago, it came with a single strap at the time,  i removed the single strap and got the ez fit straps from sun mountain and put that on the bag which basically is the same as the new one.   the nubs are great they keep the bag up enough that all the clubs are off the ground when you put it down and the waterproof belly is great. overall great bag youll enjoy it  i carried 11 clubs in it with no problems. 3 way divider is efficient enough and no real tangle problems.  used the the bag a lot i just prefer a single strap so the jones original and players are my preferred bags to carry but being you don't want to put the bag directly on the ground this bag is absolutely perfect for what you want.   good luck with it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrianM18 said:

so i have premium bag from a couple of years ago, it came with a single strap at the time,  i removed the single strap and got the ez fit straps from sun mountain and put that on the bag which basically is the same as the new one.   the nubs are great they keep the bag up enough that all the clubs are off the ground when you put it down and the waterproof belly is great. overall great bag youll enjoy it  i carried 11 clubs in it with no problems. 3 way divider is efficient enough and no real tangle problems.  used the the bag a lot i just prefer a single strap so the jones original and players are my preferred bags to carry but being you don't want to put the bag directly on the ground this bag is absolutely perfect for what you want.   good luck with it 

Yah thanks man

looking forward to getting it, although I won't be actually able to use it for months lol

will give me time to work out all the kinks🤣

Yadi for President

11 hours ago, BYK said:

Got the bag today

looks pretty good

was surprised there wasn't a spine in it, for some reason I thought there was one.

will start messing around with the setup, but so far looking pretty good

oh wow thats interesting, all of the titleist sunday bag iterations i have seen or owned have had a spine. look forward to hearing your thoughts. if youre able to post some pics too that would be awesome ( one of my biggest gripes with titleist is the relative lack of pictures on products

17 minutes ago, Zac1321 said:

oh wow thats interesting, all of the titleist sunday bag iterations i have seen or owned have had a spine. look forward to hearing your thoughts. if youre able to post some pics too that would be awesome ( one of my biggest gripes with titleist is the relative lack of pictures on products

Yah that’s exactly what I thought too. I got it from Carl’s so I can’t exactly check out other bags unfortunately. Is there a pic you want?  

Yadi for President

1 hour ago, BYK said:

Yah that’s exactly what I thought too. I got it from Carl’s so I can’t exactly check out other bags unfortunately. Is there a pic you want?  

front, both sides, top and one (or all) with clubs in it would be awesome. looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when youre able to take it out

On 3/2/2021 at 9:37 AM, Zac1321 said:

front, both sides, top and one (or all) with clubs in it would be awesome. looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when youre able to take it out

TGW has a decent video of this bag (https://www.tgw.com/titleist-2021-premium-carry-golf-bag). I was going back and forth between it and the new moonlite and ended up ordering the moonlite yesterday. TBD if I keep it or try the Titleist. 

On 3/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, brentdtw said:

TGW has a decent video of this bag (https://www.tgw.com/titleist-2021-premium-carry-golf-bag). I was going back and forth between it and the new moonlite and ended up ordering the moonlite yesterday. TBD if I keep it or try the Titleist. 

Just saw the video

Mine is going back.  I thought it was supposed to have full length dividers, like the video shows.  Maybe that's why I was surprised it was so floppy lol.  

Edited by BYK

Yadi for President

On 3/5/2021 at 6:20 PM, BYK said:

Just saw the video

Mine is going back.  I thought it was supposed to have full length dividers, like the video shows.  Maybe that's why I was surprised it was so floppy lol.  

Does it have the full length dividers ?  My older one does not. But I was considering this one if it did.   I do see that says it does in the tgw website 

37 minutes ago, BrianM18 said:

Does it have the full length dividers ?  My older one does not. But I was considering this one if it did.   I do see that says it does in the tgw website 

Nope

It does not

I can't tell if it's supposed to, other than the TGW ad

Titleist site says nothing about it, and can't find out more info about it

Yadi for President

It does not have full length dividers. Bad info from TGW.

I just got my bag and will be going out for my first round with it tomorrow. Quality looks very good and the straps are comfortable. I like that it has a nice handle on the top of the cuff. Wish my Jones bag had that.

I'll report back more detailed thoughts on the bag after a couple of rounds.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

13 hours ago, TheBear95 said:

It does not have full length dividers. Bad info from TGW.

I just got my bag and will be going out for my first round with it tomorrow. Quality looks very good and the straps are comfortable. I like that it has a nice handle on the top of the cuff. Wish my Jones bag had that.

I'll report back more detailed thoughts on the bag after a couple of rounds.

Thanks for that 

does yours have a spine?

mine did not and I thought they did for some reason 

the non premium Sunday bag does which made me think this must too. 

Yadi for President

12 hours ago, BYK said:

Thanks for that 

does yours have a spine?

mine did not and I thought they did for some reason 

the non premium Sunday bag does which made me think this must too. 

No. Mine does not have a spine.

Just finished my first round with it. Overall, very impressed. I also have a Jones Player Series, which is what I will be comparing it to. 

The bag had zero issues handling all 14 clubs. No real issues with tangles either. That said, I have standard size grips and I'm using a small putter grip. If you have mid-size grips or a big putter grip, you might have an issue with a full set.

With the bag full-loaded, I had no problems with it not having a spine. I too thought that might be an issue. The clubs provided enough structure that the bag didn't fall. Compare to the Jones, the Titleist 3-way top blows away the Jones two-way. I love that there's an actual top handle to grab. The nubs do the job too. Just high enough to keep the clubs off the ground. Perfect. 

I'm going to give it a few more rounds, but I think my Jones is going to end up on the BST. The Jones looks nicer, but the Titleist bag is better in pretty much every other way.

Edited by TheBear95

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

1 hour ago, TheBear95 said:

No. Mine does not have a spine.

Just finished my first round with it. Overall, very impressed. I also have a Jones Player Series, which is what I will be comparing it to. 

The bag had zero issues handling all 14 clubs. No real issues with tangles either. That said, I have standard size grips and I'm using a small putter grip. If you have mid-size grips or a big putter grip, you might have an issue with a full set.

With the bag full-loaded, I had no problems with it not having a spine. I too thought that might be an issue. The clubs provided enough structure that the bag didn't fall. Compare to the Jones, the Titleist 3-way top blows away the Jones two-way. I love that there's an actual top handle to grab. The nubs do the job too. Just high enough to keep the clubs off the ground. Perfect. 

I'm going to give it a few more rounds, but I think my Jones is going to end up on the BST. The Jones looks nicer, but the Titleist bag is better in pretty much every other way.

Thanks for that

I ended up sending mine back before using it.

I was surprised there wasn't a spine cause there is in the non premium one

And yah, the lack of dividers was the other reason

I'm glad it's working out great for you.

Actually shocked you can fit 14 in there! 

Yadi for President

As a long standing Titleist guy I never really imagined people would actually put these to use. Even after the Club Cameron kits and everything had come out, just always seemed more of a novelty for me. I guess I could find use in it at our local par 3 or something, but I'd rather spend some coin on other equipment