2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Mizuno wait time?

Hardline

I called Mizuno yesterday again regarding my 3/10/22 order (225s 4-GW with Modus 3 115g S and Winn Dry-Tac 2.0 grips bent 1 degree flat). They said they would ship by the end of this week via FedEx two day air. This lines up with my call two week ago when they said I should have them by the 10th or 11th of May. Hopefully I will get a call from my golf shop that they are in on Monday or Tuesday!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NZ315 said:

Still waiting for my order placed in mid to late January for 223’s!!!!!!! Not sure what the deal is?? Kinda sucks not gonna lie! I really don’t want to switch irons mid season but it seems like that is going to be how it is

What shafts? KBS? Also heard through the grapevine (Mizuno facebook groups) that certain Project X shafts are also backordered.

2 hours ago, SamGreeman13 said:

Ordered my 225s on 3/23, so you are gonna be my brother for a little while haha...what shaft/grips?

I ordered the Project X LZ 5.5 shaft 225s 4-GP, GP at 48* vs 49*. Half inch long and bent 1 deg upright. I was and still am a little nervous going with a Firm Shaft vs a Stiff but am going to trust my Fitting at CC(ordered through my club for about 1/3 the price). I did hit the 5.5 better both the day of my fitting and then comparing the two again the next day(LZ 5.5 vs 6.0) swinging the next Day. A little higher spin and better lunch and attack angles.  Unfortunately the nearest Golf galaxy is about 2 hours away and the Dicks that is about an hour away doesn't carry any Mizunos. Life in Northern Wisconsin.  I had my pro order what ever Golf Pride MCC grips that were available in Midside or +4 that were least likely to be backordered and am not sure what My Pro ordered.  They said all my components were available when I talked to them today. I will call again next week as I am really hoping they get here for a little golf/fishing trip planned for May 13th but Guessing they will show up early the following week. 

20 hours ago, StrawPlains_StripeShow said:

Have you confirmed the order wasn’t lost or canceled? Mine was canceled by Mizuno in error and they’re getting mine into production today. We were only between a week and 2 weeks apart from what I remember reading.

I got 225’s vs your 223’s but it’s still outrageous you’re still waiting on your irons.  

Something happened to my order not sure exactly but I finally found them. Should be here next week?? According to mizuno they didn’t get my order until 4/4 weird

TS is been supper great through it and are taking care of it 

Edited by NZ315
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WiscoBoy said:

I ordered the Project X LZ 5.5 shaft 225s 4-GP, GP at 48* vs 49*. Half inch long and bent 1 deg upright. I was and still am a little nervous going with a Firm Shaft vs a Stiff but am going to trust my Fitting at CC(ordered through my club for about 1/3 the price). I did hit the 5.5 better both the day of my fitting and then comparing the two again the next day(LZ 5.5 vs 6.0) swinging the next Day. A little higher spin and better lunch and attack angles.  Unfortunately the nearest Golf galaxy is about 2 hours away and the Dicks that is about an hour away doesn't carry any Mizunos. Life in Northern Wisconsin.  I had my pro order what ever Golf Pride MCC grips that were available in Midside or +4 that were least likely to be backordered and am not sure what My Pro ordered.  They said all my components were available when I talked to them today. I will call again next week as I am really hoping they get here for a little golf/fishing trip planned for May 13th but Guessing they will show up early the following week. 

Similar set up and fitting experience for me.   225/223 combo with Project X LZ 5.5.  First for me as well but fitting showed I need something with more spin and launch.   My order went in on 3/24 so hopeful they are here soon

G430 MAX Alta

G425 MAX FW/Hy Alta

ZX5 mk ii KBS Tour Lite

S159 54S/58H KBS Tour

Mizuno MCraft VI

6 minutes ago, JLo_73 said:

Similar set up and fitting experience for me.   225/223 combo with Project X LZ 5.5.  First for me as well but fitting showed I need something with more spin and launch.   My order went in on 3/24 so hopeful they are here soon

I ordered 225 5-PW with PX LZ 5.5 blackout shafts.   I ordered 03/17.   I haven’t checked or called on an arrival date yet. I’m guessing mid May? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Eesh

2 hours ago, NZ315 said:

Something happened to my order not sure exactly but I finally found them. Should be here next week?? According to mizuno they didn’t get my order until 4/4 weird

TS is been supper great through it and are taking care of it 

glad to see it all got sorted! 

I was fit on 4/1 through a local golf shop for 223/X100/+.5”/1* up (standard GP grips in box). They placed the order that afternoon and told me 6-8 weeks so I’ll start calling in a couple weeks. 

When y’all are calling Mizuno how are you getting info, do you have an order number from your dealer/fitter or do they have your name on the orders?

Edited by JARNO
[size=2]Taylormade M2 9.5* (‘17) - Alda Rogue Black 95MSI 70g-X
Taylormade V-Steel 15* - Aldila NV Proto 75g-X
Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 20* - UST Mamiya TSPX 85g-X
Srixon Z765 4i-9i - Nippon Modus 3 120x
Vokey 46.08 : 52.08 : 56.10 Spin Milled : 60.04
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 - 35.75"[/size]

13 hours ago, JLo_73 said:

13 hours ago, Eesh said:

I ordered 225 5-PW with PX LZ 5.5 blackout shafts.   I ordered 03/17.   I haven’t checked or called on an arrival date yet. I’m guessing mid May? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Glad to see some other guys with the 5.5 LZ. I also needed more spin and increased Launch/attack angles. I was also hitting it about 3-5 yards further with higher ball flight.  I also went with the Blackout shafts. I got blackouts on my Wedges two years ago and have loved them. I am upgrading from a Set of Mizuno MX23 that are over 15 years old. The Sad part is I still really hit them well but they are showing the wear and tear of years of playing. I was fitted into the same Length and Lie as I was 15 years ago funny how that works. 

6 hours ago, JARNO said:

I was fit on 4/1 through a local golf shop for 223/X100/+.5”/1* up (standard GP grips in box). They placed the order that afternoon and told me 6-8 weeks so I’ll start calling in a couple weeks. 

When y’all are calling Mizuno how are you getting info, do you have an order number from your dealer/fitter or do they have your name on the orders?

I never called Mizuno directly.  I know some here have and have said they can usually look up your order by the location of fitting and specs and stuff.  I ordered a fitted set through Golf Galaxy on 3/5 (5-PW + AW JPX Hot Metal Pro, standard lie, w/ +.5" Project X IO (110)).  I've only called Golf Galaxy and they either looked it up in their system or called Mizuno and got back to me.  As of two weeks ago, they were able to give me an accurate ship date of yesterday.  I'm happy to say that the clubs are currently (finally) out for delivery right now on a FedEx truck near me (in New England).  They shipped from Georgia yesterday.  A total of about an 8.5-week wait time.  

2 hours ago, KMED_30 said:

I never called Mizuno directly.  I know some here have and have said they can usually look up your order by the location of fitting and specs and stuff.  I ordered a fitted set through Golf Galaxy on 3/5 (5-PW + AW JPX Hot Metal Pro, standard lie, w/ +.5" Project X IO (110)).  I've only called Golf Galaxy and they either looked it up in their system or called Mizuno and got back to me.  As of two weeks ago, they were able to give me an accurate ship date of yesterday.  I'm happy to say that the clubs are currently (finally) out for delivery right now on a FedEx truck near me (in New England).  They shipped from Georgia yesterday.  A total of about an 8.5-week wait time.  

I have called(1-800-966-1211 Option #3 for Golf) a couple times and they were able to find my order using the Club name(My Club has only ordered 3 sets of Mizunos in 2022 so it hasn't been hard to fine mine) and my name. They do ask for an order number first so that would pry be the easiest thing to provide them.  The main reason I have been checking is to make sure none of my components end up getting backordered. When I called yesterday they said they were working on Orders from March 12-13. Seems it still take them some time between working on them and shipping them. Enjoy your new set! 

On 4/11/2022 at 3:59 PM, m_w said:

G425 Max much more forgiving than TSi3 - TSi3 is fantastic on sound and look behind the ball but you gotta be able to strike center most of the time for it to work well and retain BS

On 5/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, WiscoBoy said:

8 hours ago, WiscoBoy said:

Glad to see some other guys with the 5.5 LZ. I also needed more spin and increased Launch/attack angles. I was also hitting it about 3-5 yards further with higher ball flight.  I also went with the Blackout shafts. I got blackouts on my Wedges two years ago and have loved them. I am upgrading from a Set of Mizuno MX23 that are over 15 years old. The Sad part is I still really hit them well but they are showing the wear and tear of years of playing. I was fitted into the same Length and Lie as I was 15 years ago funny how that works. 

Same for me with the blackout version.  Liked the look better.   Called this morning and my order from 3/24 was quoted as being 1.5-2 weeks out.  Sounds like all components in but they are sticking to 7.5-8 weeks. 

Slightly off topic, any tried the KBS Hi Rev 2.0 in black paired with LZ?   Thinking about new wedges as well as they are both 115g.  I know many go with heavier in wedges which i have done as well in the past.   Hit an ES21 with the KBS shaft indoors and felt pretty good.  Not sure if I would like them visually...

G430 MAX Alta

G425 MAX FW/Hy Alta

ZX5 mk ii KBS Tour Lite

S159 54S/58H KBS Tour

Mizuno MCraft VI

225 order from 3/7 came in from Fedex yesterday. Hit the clubs on the range this morning and loved them. Quick question - how can everyone quickly tell if the grips are on correctly? I've seen a few people mention they received their shipment and immediately could tell if they were misaligned. First real set I've ever owned and starting to get into the equipment side of golf, so excuse the silly question. 

I think this was my 9 iron. 225 with Modus 105 Stiff and MCC 4 plus. 

IMG_3279.jpg

Edited by Katz305

17 minutes ago, Katz305 said:

225 order from 3/7 came in from Fedex yesterday. Hit the clubs on the range this morning and loved them. Quick question - how can everyone quickly tell if the grips are on correctly? I've seen a few people mention they received their shipment and immediately could tell if they were misaligned. First real set I've ever owned and starting to get into the equipment side of golf, so excuse the silly question. 

I think this was my 9 iron. 225 with Modus 105 Stiff and MCC 4 plus. 

IMG_3279.jpg

Yea looks a tad mis aligned, but nothing crazy.  However everyone puts on grips differently.  If you turn the Golf Pride grip completely straight it would seem that the club face would be "Open" at address.  This is why I stopped putting my grip logos on the clubs.   Grip Logo Down from hear on out lol.

Edited by Nick M
spelling
  • Like 1

Driver -  Callaway GBB Epic 9.5° -- Aldila ROGUE M.A.X. 75 X

3W - Callaway Rogue ST LS 15°-- Mitsubishi AV Tensei White 75 X

3H - Callaway Apex Hybrid 20°  -- Fujikura Speeder 865 X

Irons -  Mizuno Pro 225's 4-7 / 221's 8-PW -- Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges - Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges - 50° (S Grind), 54° (S Grind), 58° (D Grind) -- Nippon Modus 120 X

Putter - Odyssey #7 Black Series

Just now, mudmarlin said:

That grip looks fine.  There’s no scientific way to put a grip on.  Everyone eyeballs it.  I have never got a club that was drastically off center.  Some people are more ocd than others.

Thanks! And to everyone waiting - the 225s are awesome! I'd never hit an iron longer than a 6 until this morning (prior set had 4 & 5 hybrid) and i was launching the 4 and 5 irons pretty easily. 

On 5/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, WiscoBoy said:

I have called(1-800-966-1211 Option #3 for Golf) a couple times and they were able to find my order using the Club name(My Club has only ordered 3 sets of Mizunos in 2022 so it hasn't been hard to fine mine) and my name. They do ask for an order number first so that would pry be the easiest thing to provide them.  The main reason I have been checking is to make sure none of my components end up getting backordered. When I called yesterday they said they were working on Orders from March 12-13. Seems it still take them some time between working on them and shipping them. Enjoy your new set! 

I had been holding off any attempt to find out my date as I fitted into Project X IO 6.0 shafts (921 forged heads) that seem like they are on a constant backorder....however that 1-800 number along with my Pro Shops info and my name just informed me they were shipped out two days ago!! Fitted on 3/4 and ordered 3/7

Can't wait for the blue box to arrive and get these out on the course

• Like 1

TaylorMade SIM2 9 deg - HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.5

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 3W - Tensei Blue

TaylorMade SIM2 5W - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R

TaylorMade SIM Rescue 3H - Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R

TaylorMade SIM Rescue 4H - Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW - KBS Tour 90s

TaylorMade ATV Grind Wedge - 52 deg / 60 deg

Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 - Custom Black / Red

TaylorMade TP5

On 5/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, WiscoBoy said:

Thanks!  They arrived Thursday mid-day.  Immediately left work, threw them in the bag, and went to the range.  Drastic difference between them and my hand me down Taylor Made blades.  Love them.  Enjoy yours too!

1 hour ago, Micrys2 said:

Now into my 14th week of waiting for my 223’s. Guess they will get here some day. 

You better call on that. I ordered in January then found out this week they didn’t get my order until April 4th. Something happened not really sure but they are getting close. I am at 17weeks

1 hour ago, NZ315 said:

You better call on that. I ordered in January then found out this week they didn’t get my order until April 4th. Something happened not really sure but they are getting close. I am at 17weeks

Is that mix up going to delay your order from the eta you received in Jan?

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

5 hours ago, Micrys2 said:

Now into my 14th week of waiting for my 223’s. Guess they will get here some day. 

Definitely call on that. Mine was ordered early February, found out it was canceled by accident shortly there after. They’re rushing my order to get it to me ASAP. 

47 minutes ago, NZ315 said:

ETA I received was March so yeah what do you think?? That question doesn’t even make sense @BottleCap

I was thinking they might have given you an eta way out, like if you ordered KBS shafts they might have given you a July ETA in January

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Ordered 223s March 10th.

No sign of them….

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]