Gc3 or Mevo plus

GirlDadGolfer0204

Here we go again, another question about what simulator to get! So I just bought a house and there’s a beautiful large room with high ceilings on one end of the house. Perfect for a golf simulator! I pre ordered the Garmin r10 bank in November, but I guess there having software issues so they won’t be shipping till at least August! Yes I said August! So I decided to look at the next price range and I’ve come down to rhe Mevo Plus w/ pro package or the gc3 bushnell version. Here my questions I see videos on YouTube and the Gc3 is amazing. But does the Mevo really spit out as inaccurate number for chipping as ppl say? I mean everything from carry distance AOA LA and ball speed seemed very inconsistent chipping? I want a simulator that can really help me practice to get better, but also I would like to play other ppl online in Tournaments and things like that. Also I plan on getting my daughter completely immersed into golf and I know the E6 software has golf games for kids making learning fun. Does Gc3 offer any of that? Will I really regret if I get the Mevo plus when it comes to my practice? It seems like I either loose helpful onsite on my practice with inconsistent numbers or I loose the opportunity to really have my little girl get involved with golf by playing fun games? Also is there no protective case for the gc3? Because even if there are kids golf games I don’t know how much I’ll trust my daughter, wife or even some friends when they come over to play. 
Thanks 

17 hours ago, GirlDadGolfer0204 said:

Did you move to the gc3? My thing is and a guess it’ll be my down fall is the fact that I want games for my daughter. And the gc3 doesn’t support e6 which I don’t understand

I have a qc quad. Foresight does support E6 IIRC, it's just an expensive add on. I believe they do have a few games of their own within FSX thought

Krt22, comes in with some really good experience and I agree with pretty much everything he has shared over the years for this topic.  

with that I will share just some random points.

1) I have a Mevo+, NO pro package. decided not to get it

2) I had other cheaper radar units before.  So I have a good understanding of Radar.

3) I jumped on the Mevo+ before the BLP and GC3 came out so I missed that boat. BUT I got lucky for the most part as the Mevo+ does work well in my environment.

4) The Mevo+ is VERY sensitive. getting the environment set and all the measurements set is basically critical to get the best numbers.

5) Hind sight as I mentioned in prior post I have a 4 & 6 year old so I was deathly afraid of having a unit 1-2ft from the club head. I had an ES14 and my kid whacked it once. That was $300. if my kid hit the $3,000 to $7,000 I would lose my mind.  So even now, since the Mevo+ works in my environment. Do I have buyers remorse, No. Do I jones for a GC3, fortunately not, but I do still read up on it and follow up about it. If the Mevo+ starts failing on me. I would consider the GC3.

Data.....
So this is TOTALLY personal so take it with a grain of salt.

My chipping has gotten much better. But I pay little attention to the data.  Chipping is feel, so for me I seem to improve on repetitive practice, rather then, comparing AoA, Launch angles, ball speeds, spin, etc. etc, on wedge shots.  In general, it picks up 20y and longer chips well. I hardly if ever have misreads or issues. Once in a great while, but like any other monitors its not perfect perfect.

What I mean is I go to the "putting practice area" back out to X distance and start chipping.  20y, 30y, 40y etc. I place the pins in areas I want to practice, long roll outs, short sided etc and just repeat the shot to engrave the "feel".  Short game to me is SO feel. Getting a base data is good, but once you understand your base swing you just keep practicing the feel for X distances.

I DO pay attention to ball data when I am working on gapping and woods.  What I mean is,  for an 8iron I want it to carry 150y all day everyday as a normal swing.  I know I need 115mph, 7,800rpms of spin and 20* of launch. to get there, so when I hit X iron I have set data parameters I need to hit.  If its outside of those, it means it was a bad shot or an unintended shot. If it draws I know I have a path inside to out. If it fades I know I have path outside to in.  My starting direction tells me where my face angle was at contact.  I am not dying to know if it was 1.5* open to path......

Same goes with a wood. (Driver per se)  I am looking for, 155-160ball speed, 14* launch and 2500rpms of spin.  This would get me in the 250y carry range. If it goes straight to my intended target with my optimal launch then I am happy. If not, I know I did not strike it well.

So for wonky readings, I am sure with the Pro Package.. AoA may vary, swing path etc could vary... But if I achieve X ball launch conditions and the flight is my intended flight,  then I am good.  The Mevo+ plus measure ball data well if you set it up right you should not have to much problems.

TL : DR

Without kids or fear of my kids indoors GC3 hands down. I think I would have at the least gotten the BLP for $3,000 but possible sucked it up for the GC3.

With kids at their age, couldnt take the chance. I got lucky with the Mevo+ and my environment.  You need to do some research on your environment, do you have the space and the least amount of interference. If you have a dedicated space with more than 16ft wall to wall, then you might be fine with a Mevo+.

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Thank you for your insight, I know my room is going to be plenty big enough. 20plus feet of room length wise 10 foot drop ceilings that I could remove and have closer to 16 but I’m necessary. As environmental issues go was there anything else you meant? The lighting doesn’t matter much right. There is a ceiling fan between where the unit will be and the screen but I wouldn’t think that would make a difference cause ppl have hanging projectors as well. 

10 minutes ago, GirlDadGolfer0204 said:

Thank you for your insight, I know my room is going to be plenty big enough. 20plus feet of room length wise 10 foot drop ceilings that I could remove and have closer to 16 but I’m necessary. As environmental issues go was there anything else you meant? The lighting doesn’t matter much right. There is a ceiling fan between where the unit will be and the screen but I wouldn’t think that would make a difference cause ppl have hanging projectors as well. 

Certain lights like florescent likes could cause interference. LED's are generally recommended. 

Strong Wifi signals (2.4gh and 5ghz band) Depending on what the Mevo+ is set at. If you have a bunch of wifi repeaters, routers etc.   Lots of metal could also be inferences, TV's, desk's, chairs made of metal, that could possible disrupt the accuracy. 

The room I have is 16 x 16 just enough with a vaulted ceiling. Its an old living room so its relatively empty, the interference is really limited for me. 

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I have not owned any radar base unit but do have the gc3 and agree with Krt22, hands down a Foresight unit for indoor use wins every time.  There are other software options available (GS Pro) that work extremely well and I do believe there is a protective case selling on eBay for the gc3 now.  Best of luck with your decision and if you do choose the gc3, you won't be disappointed....I know I wasn't.

9 hours ago, Instron4204 said:

I have not owned any radar base unit but do have the gc3 and agree with Krt22, hands down a Foresight unit for indoor use wins every time.  There are other software options available (GS Pro) that work extremely well and I do believe there is a protective case selling on eBay for the gc3 now.  Best of luck with your decision and if you do choose the gc3, you won't be disappointed....I know I wasn't.

So what type of computer would I need to run the fsx software? And is gspro an option with gc3

29 minutes ago, GirlDadGolfer0204 said:

So what type of computer would I need to run the fsx software? And is gspro an option with gc3

Yes, GS Pro is available to play on the gc3 and it is fantastic.  Any modern gaming computer will be able to play FSX just fine.  I believe the GS Pro software would be a little more demanding on the computer so make sure to have at least a 3060 GPU to enjoy the full featured gameplay.

19 hours ago, Exactice808 said:

Krt22, comes in with some really good experience and I agree with pretty much everything he has shared over the years for this topic.  

with that I will share just some random points.

1) I have a Mevo+, NO pro package. decided not to get it

2) I had other cheaper radar units before.  So I have a good understanding of Radar.

3) I jumped on the Mevo+ before the BLP and GC3 came out so I missed that boat. BUT I got lucky for the most part as the Mevo+ does work well in my environment.

4) The Mevo+ is VERY sensitive. getting the environment set and all the measurements set is basically critical to get the best numbers.

5) Hind sight as I mentioned in prior post I have a 4 & 6 year old so I was deathly afraid of having a unit 1-2ft from the club head. I had an ES14 and my kid whacked it once. That was $300. if my kid hit the $3,000 to $7,000 I would lose my mind.  So even now, since the Mevo+ works in my environment. Do I have buyers remorse, No. Do I jones for a GC3, fortunately not, but I do still read up on it and follow up about it. If the Mevo+ starts failing on me. I would consider the GC3.

Data.....
So this is TOTALLY personal so take it with a grain of salt.

My chipping has gotten much better. But I pay little attention to the data.  Chipping is feel, so for me I seem to improve on repetitive practice, rather then, comparing AoA, Launch angles, ball speeds, spin, etc. etc, on wedge shots.  In general, it picks up 20y and longer chips well. I hardly if ever have misreads or issues. Once in a great while, but like any other monitors its not perfect perfect.

What I mean is I go to the "putting practice area" back out to X distance and start chipping.  20y, 30y, 40y etc. I place the pins in areas I want to practice, long roll outs, short sided etc and just repeat the shot to engrave the "feel".  Short game to me is SO feel. Getting a base data is good, but once you understand your base swing you just keep practicing the feel for X distances.

I DO pay attention to ball data when I am working on gapping and woods.  What I mean is,  for an 8iron I want it to carry 150y all day everyday as a normal swing.  I know I need 115mph, 7,800rpms of spin and 20* of launch. to get there, so when I hit X iron I have set data parameters I need to hit.  If its outside of those, it means it was a bad shot or an unintended shot. If it draws I know I have a path inside to out. If it fades I know I have path outside to in.  My starting direction tells me where my face angle was at contact.  I am not dying to know if it was 1.5* open to path......

Same goes with a wood. (Driver per se)  I am looking for, 155-160ball speed, 14* launch and 2500rpms of spin.  This would get me in the 250y carry range. If it goes straight to my intended target with my optimal launch then I am happy. If not, I know I did not strike it well.

So for wonky readings, I am sure with the Pro Package.. AoA may vary, swing path etc could vary... But if I achieve X ball launch conditions and the flight is my intended flight,  then I am good.  The Mevo+ plus measure ball data well if you set it up right you should not have to much problems.

TL : DR

Without kids or fear of my kids indoors GC3 hands down. I think I would have at the least gotten the BLP for $3,000 but possible sucked it up for the GC3.

With kids at their age, couldnt take the chance. I got lucky with the Mevo+ and my environment.  You need to do some research on your environment, do you have the space and the least amount of interference. If you have a dedicated space with more than 16ft wall to wall, then you might be fine with a Mevo+.

Well said on using the #s to engrain consistency instead of looking at #s. I spend the first year with my mevo chasing perfect #s and it did more harm than good. Now I set goals and try to hit them over and over. Such a good tool in that regard. I have a 3 year old who loves using it also so for now I can't have a unit right next to the ball either. 

21 hours ago, Instron4204 said:

Yes, GS Pro is available to play on the gc3 and it is fantastic.  Any modern gaming computer will be able to play FSX just fine.  I believe the GS Pro software would be a little more demanding on the computer so make sure to have at least a 3060 GPU to enjoy the full featured gameplay.

Like to add that GSPro is really great but it can be a memory hog. When GSpro is running some of the courses I have seen as high as 6.5 GB. So I recommend at least 16 GB of memory 32GB even better.

I had the gc2 then went to the meevo+.  Honestly I never really used either for simulator play much I just used the on screen display of the gc2 for carry and spin numbers when I practiced.  In the early days I played alot of TGC and JNPG but, then just got tired of booting up the computer and the projector everytime to practice.  As far as practice I think the meevo wins hands down because all I need is the ipad to run their range and their skills game is pretty fun as well.  Foresight really tries to lock you into their software which is expensive and garbage.  There are work arounds to play other games but, when foresight decided to start charging 500 for a new flash for the gc2 when they use to cost 50 bucks to force people to upgrade i was done with the company.

4 hours ago, Poser said:

I had the gc2 then went to the meevo+.  Honestly I never really used either for simulator play much I just used the on screen display of the gc2 for carry and spin numbers when I practiced.  In the early days I played alot of TGC and JNPG but, then just got tired of booting up the computer and the projector everytime to practice.  As far as practice I think the meevo wins hands down because all I need is the ipad to run their range and their skills game is pretty fun as well.  Foresight really tries to lock you into their software which is expensive and garbage.  There are work arounds to play other games but, when foresight decided to start charging 500 for a new flash for the gc2 when they use to cost 50 bucks to force people to upgrade i was done with the company.

Yea I mean i really would like the GC3 but 400 or 800 a year lump some, a gaming computer, gc3 itself, projector, screen, all that goes with my sim build it’ll be 7000 plus when I could do the Mevo plus w/ or w/o l package with the iPad my sim build n projector for 2000$ less that’s a new driver and some irons lol

Go with the GC3, simple as that.  I have a GCQuad, and I love it,  but for my needs, I would’ve gone with a GC3, saved a few K and had zero regrets.  Both indoor and out, Foresight can’t be beat.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I have and have been using the absolute crap out of my Mevo+. I know my swing and ballflight and for my uses, Mevo+ is flawlessly accurate with 8 feet from M+ to ball and 12 feet of ball flight.

Granted, if I had a magic wand and could choose between GC3 or Mevo+, I would choose the GC3. However with the data and experience i get from the Mevo, I see no need to spend the extra $6,000, that's a big chunk of change.

A caveat, in my garage I can't hit 3 wood or driver due to me being 6'4" with a 9' garage ceiling, so I only hit irons. I have heard Mevo+ has issues with higher ball speed driver swings but I can't comment on that as I have yet to hit a driver on it

• Like 1

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

I’ve been doing a little more research so the bushnell version plus the 800 to get full access to fsx 2020 then 100$ for fairgrounds which for such a reliable LM I don’t think you can go wrong I’m just new to golf so playing on a LM that’s not as accurate. But I guess either way it sounds like I’ll be happy.  Kinda sucks that you need a gaming computer for the BPLM that’s another 1000$plus

15 hours ago, ste1 said:

rooski. Can I ask if you you the metalic dots as all your dimensions are similar to mine?

Thanks

Hey, I don't use the metallic dots just because it would bug me, but I only use the Titleist RCT balls https://www.titleist.com/product/pro-v1-rct/001PVRCT.html.

I've never seen an estimated spin number with them so I presume they are working great

• Like 1

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

Everything is dependent on what you want to do with it. None of my buddies golf and as a lefty I decided to just go with skytrak  because I felt it was a bit more accurate than the memo + I played with in the past. I am also tight on space so I actually didn't have much of a choice. Good luck!

3 hours ago, GirlDadGolfer0204 said:

So what about the projector? I’m going to be running the Mevo plus off my new iPad for now any suggestions on a projector that’s good quality for the sim and maybe movie nights too?

If you are going ipad to projector I wouldn't worry about going for an expensive projector. Just a good mid range HD projector will work. Make sure and look at throw distances for set up. Several site have throw distance calculators. 

I'm looking at gc3 or mevo plus also. Interested to hear how you like the mevo plus. I highly recommend RCT golf balls. I know Gc3 is better for indoors but needing stickers on all clubs and the yearly fee are leaning me towards mevo +

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

Yes I’m for sure getting a box of the rtc’s as soon as I know my Mevo is on the way I’m getting aloud of carls and ordering a dozen or 2 of the rtc’s. I’m also look for a good turf company in metro Detroit area so far it’s just online businesses and Home Depot. I wanna have from the ball placement to the screen as good putting turf so I can have a few holes (green like set up) with a piece cut out for the strike mat. Basically like the video on carls website. I got a big room and it’s my man cave so why not do it right but still gonna be very money consensus 

On 4/20/2022 at 1:45 AM, GirlDadGolfer0204 said:

So what about the projector? I’m going to be running the Mevo plus off my new iPad for now any suggestions on a projector that’s good quality for the sim and maybe movie nights too?

Im on my second projector.... and realizing....this is one of those you have to suck up and DONT cheap out.

Running Ipad Air 4, (pre M1 chip) But works just fine

I got my first Benq 819st to try.  $90 used on ebay with a $30 replacement bulb $120 later... it was OK.... BRIGHT, but the imagine quality was ok at best.  It served its purpose, but not really worth it.  The resolution was too low for the Ipad, as it was not HD, it was 1028x768..... at 4:3 it was graining

Tried to cheap out again, bought an older Optoma GT1080 ($550 with 3 spare bulbs).  Image is 100times better than the Benq BUT the brightness is not that good.  The Image looks amazing in a darker room, I practice in a open living room so its hard to darken it and when I practice during the day... ugh..... Its sorta washed out. 

($680 in)

If I just went straight to the Optoma GT1080HDR,  I think I would be happy,  Its way brighter (3800 lumens) vs the GT1080 (2800 lumens)  (Benq was 3000 but seemed brighter)

I have a tiny bit of buyers remorse and temped to buy the GT1080HDR,  At around $1,000 just suck it up... Now I am stuck with 2 extra projectors with nothing wrong with the Optoma GT1080...might have to throw that in the kids room or something.

Anyway my suggestions based on price performance etc the GT1080 HRD is coming out pretty good to value.  Its $1,000 or less depending if you catch a good sale.  The specs are Great, its short throw. 

GL! 

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"