MEMBER REVIEWS: Voxx Golf Mini Crew Golf Socks! See What Members Are Saying!

On 6/5/2022 at 9:54 PM, SwingBlues said:

Thank you to Voxx Life Golf and @GolfWRX for this opportunity to try these new golf socks

The Voxx Golf website can be found here: https://www.voxxgolf.com/

These are the 2 pairs of testing socks I received - a pair of Atheltic No-Show and Athletic Mini-Crew

Shipping was FAST via FedEx considering they came from Ontario, Canada 👍

1652187197_2022-06-0410_17_41.jpg.fd916022e96b1e68dfdd7116ebc749fd.jpg

About Me

I play once a week on Saturdays (thanks to my 9-5 job) and I would hit the range around once a week, or twice.

Usually I play around the Los Angeles City muni courses, or sometimes I head to play Marshall Canyon (La Verne), Sterling Hills (Camarillo) or Simi Hills (Simi Valley). Being in the San Fernando and the valley areas, it will get hot but that does not perturb me. Even walk rounds when it was 115*+ outside.

I always walk and I push a cart, loaded with beers and golf clubs (yes, that's the Priority).

Until now, I've always used Costco socks and a couple pairs of Kentwool socks that I save for tournament rounds.

My shoes are all Adidas Boost with BOA from about 5 years ago. Got like 5 pairs of them that I rotate around. Probably the most comfortable shoes I've had on but my feet still hates me. I've always had problems with my skin growth on my feet that leads to callous that I constantly need to scrub with a foot tool and add moisturizer to it. Otherwise the skin will crack and it's super glue time.... ugh

Had this condition since I was a kid & Kaiser can't do crap about it. So I really wanted to try these Voxx socks to see if it will help with the skin on my foot.

1825344697_2022-06-0410_18_33.jpg.e3671c9d3a9ad41cc4f9c2d6b9ed3caa.jpg

About the Voxx Golf Socks

So some photos of the marketing material that came with these socks...

663440746_2022-06-0410_26_36.jpg.6616d61093350a0147df115706d5f39c.jpg

916295782_2022-06-0410_27_10.jpg.a9221db7e8a91c2dfc553369cdd11142.jpg

I wear a 9.5 size shoe to LARGE was a pretty good fit for me.

These socks are made from 65% nylon, 30% polyester and 5% spandex. It's been a while since I've had nylon/polyester socks as most socks I buy are typically cotton in material. Blame my mum for the indoctrination

What the Voxx socks looks like INSIDE

I took some pictures of the inside of the sock and you can see the top side, bottom sole and the side of the socks.

Inside02.jpg.1c602510c68c93143551a627f0a4a10b.jpg

This is the outside of the HPT (Human Performance Techonology). Like I said, it very much resembles finger prints like on the skin. As well, you can see the distinct hexagonal weaving. Very nice.

772462321_2022-06-0410_20_07.jpg.b1fffb223e3abb228e0f3df507762984.jpg

View of the INSIDE of the sock of heel area. Extra layers for heel comfort. I really like this part of the sock as the cushioning is great for my skin issues. With new sock and all, I thought I may get blisters but no, pure comfort as far as my heels go...

694469868_2022-06-0410_24_58.jpg.3290ae069c05659e492f07c385868270.jpg

Extra material on the top of the foot arch (Inside shot). Here, the care taken for the hexagonal weaving really stands out

505108009_2022-06-0410_25_07.jpg.e1d42dfdbd29f5b84180c7d5e93a3436.jpg

My initial expectation was that this was another "ordinary constructed sock" - plain jane weaving.

...but I really like what Voxx did with the heel, adding extra paddings inside the sock.

As well, around the middle and arch of the foot you can see the extra layers of spandex material.

Right under the ball of the foot is extra weaved red material. It's Voxx's HPT (Human Perfomance Technology).

To me, HPT looks like a giant finger print pattern done in the material. The gist of it is that it is suppose to promote better contact between the foot and the shoe. Does it work? Honestly, I never loss any traction during the round with these socks perhaps it felt more contact as say compared to the thicker woolen Kentwool socks. It certainly doesn't hurt and to be fair, I only had 4 1/2 hours in this sock.

Anyway, it's very interesting to see how these Voxx socks are made. I like the thinking that went into it and the extra material placement of these socks. I do not see anything like this in my Kentwools or Costco.

Best thing about it is that it feels "invisible" to my feet.

How does the Voxx sock feel?

The fit is great. Not super snug but enough to be comfortable and still hold the sock proper to my foot.

I would class these socks as thin-medium weight - slightly thinner than my Costco socks and half the weight of my Kentwools, woolen socks.

In my BOAs, I can definitely feel the extra space in the shoe due to the thinness. That just means I tighten it a little more.

I tried the ATHLETIC NO SHOW pair first. Now, my foot and "No Show" socks, typically, DO NOT GET ALONG. The heels of these no show socks always somehow sink into the shoes. Time to tug them out. Such a pain.

But these Voxx ATHLETIC NO SHOW are fantastic 👍👍👍 Definitely gets the 3 thumbs up from me. No slippage at all!!! And I never had to tug them up at all during the round.

The feel of these socks took about 3 holes to get use to. Being thinner I thought they would slip in the BOAs but they never did. Grip was surprisingly good. Only mental note was I got some "squeeky" noises coming from the heels of my shoes on the front nine holes. Can't figure out why, perhaps it the leather against the new sock material. May be? Either way, the noise was gone come the turn.

12796158_2022-06-0411_32_15.jpg.d1fc7b2b017a381099b6c2fe8c7a33a3.jpg

712681624_2022-06-0411_31_53.jpg.8a022af272975d9f08cf4bd8e73fb8bf.jpg

617457938_2022-06-0413_32_13.jpg.ffa6aaa95f85324815db2a1da3230107.jpg

1281328462_2022-06-0412_00_35.jpg.0d47966a3fa58169d50af8710818ac90.jpg

174566282_2022-06-0412_01_23.jpg.64338c04d4b3b0e49377723554bb397a.jpg

Thoughts after first round

• Very Comfortable
  • Snug
  • No sock pulling or adjusting
  • Feels like pretty good "traction" inside my BOAs. Didn't feel like my foot at all while swinging the club for the driver, irons, chipping or putting. Walking up hill and down hill, the sock held firm, no internal slippage. With my Kentwool, I can sometimes feel some movement, it's a much thicker sock.
  • It was round 90* heat during the day and my feet was perfectly fine through the round. Not sweaty. No blisters and I really like the weight of these socks compared to my other golf socks - these will be my GOTO socks when the heat index breaches 110*+ for sure.

556467335_2022-06-0413_33_26.jpg.b3777c004e1d300fb6869c500cab5c9d.jpg

I'll report back after each round. The only question I have left is the durability.

As you can see the skin of my feet is brutal so I hope these socks will help and it strong enough to sustain any wear issues caused by my skin condition.

Other than that, I really like these socks so far and definitely an improvement over my Costco and Kentwool socks.

Feel free to ask any questions etc.

Thank you for this detailed summary!

We hope the Voxx Golf Socks are working well for you! 

I got out for a quick 9 tonight.  In a rush to get out the door I forgot my Voxx.  With rain in the forecast I went to my locker to switch to shoes with better traction.  Luckily we stayed dry and dogged the rain.  I noticed that on a few shots my left foot slipped inside my shoe.  

To date I have not experienced anything similar in the Voxx.  The grip is where these are really working well for me running and golfing.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

14 hours ago, getair23 said:

I got out for a quick 9 tonight.  In a rush to get out the door I forgot my Voxx.  With rain in the forecast I went to my locker to switch to shoes with better traction.  Luckily we stayed dry and dogged the rain.  I noticed that on a few shots my left foot slipped inside my shoe.  

To date I have not experienced anything similar in the Voxx.  The grip is where these are really working well for me running and golfing.  

Wow, awesome to see that you're noticing a difference when using Voxx! 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:20 AM, Negncic said:

I was able to get out again while wearing the Voxx socks.  This time I paired them with Footjoy DNA’s. Just like with the Boa’s as long as I tighten them up a little more than usual, there is no issues with my feet moving around inside the shoes.  The first pair I wore were the no-shows and the second were the crew socks. I much prefer the the no-shows over the crew socks, but if crew socks are your thing, there was zero negative issues.  Fit, feel and moisture wicking we’re all top notch.  I have noticed nothing with the HPT insert. (Maybe I’m dense), but they are the most comfortable socks I have ever worn on a Golf course.  Updates to follow. 

Awesome to hear that the feel, fit and moisture wicking features all worked great for you. 

We'd love to hear any other updates you might have after using the socks! 

On 6/20/2022 at 10:53 PM, SwingBlues said:

UPDATE Round 3

Voxx socks RAWKS👍👍👍

Very comfortable. Day wasn't too hot. I went back to the No Show. LOVE THEM, they stayed up, foot did not slip in my BOA and this time I just tightened them until it was comfortable.

Definitely not as "boofy", padded, feeling like the KentWools

The pair had been washed and there was NO SQUEEK feeling in the socks this time. I think it's just the way these socks come out of the factory with some coating or something. Once you wash it, the coating is gone. Would love for Voxx Life to comment here...

Only thing I would suggest is for Voxx to find someway to not let dried grass stick to the sock...

1445142349_6-20-20227-39-04PM.jpg.4486c665a5a2d2d5680117939deaf71f.jpg

My other socks do that too and it's a pain to pull the grass before throwing them into the washer.

Right now, I am preferring the Voxx socks over the Kentwools. Forget the Costco socks... 🤣

Prices right now is pretty $59.99 for the bundle 3 pair of socks so $20 per pair, thats about the same or cheaper than the KentWools and these socks are more techy and lighter weights than the Kentwool too...

Durability is still be to tested. I've got 3 rounds in, some other testers here should have more since I am a weekend golfer

Comfort is 👍👍👍

For me, no slippage when these socks are lighter, definitely blends/gel well with all my different BOA shoes. I don't recall any shoe slippage either while golfing. I always walk and push the cart, full-o-beers and clubs.

Distance improvement? Not seeing it, hitting my irons as expected, driving is always IT IS, WHAT IT IS...you guys know that story, lol.

May be later in a couple of months, I'll do a sock switch driver test. Too busy right now though.

Thanks for your feedback!

Excited to hear if you notice an improvement on your performance in the coming months! 

On 6/24/2022 at 11:16 AM, NCSergio said:

UPDATE: Couple more rounds/range sessions in the socks and they continue to perform fantastic.   Remain true fitting after washes and still keep the feet nice and dry.  I haven't walked a full round in them yet (mostly cart golf) but that will be my next update unless something happens in the meantime.

Still very highly recommended!

Amazing to hear! Hope you're still enjoying the socks. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 12:18 PM, VoxxGolf said:

Great to hear, have you had a chance to test them out yet?! 

They've been officially battle tested, and I very much enjoy them. I will be ordering more soon. Just wish I could get a three pack with the white, the green and the blue.

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Just realized that bundle is available, just not in XL... I'm a size 13, but going to give the L a run.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

My month long laundry test is complete (about 3-4 washings I would say) and the socks are fine. The softness hasn't left them and they remain snug on my feet, so the fabric quality is "there." I recently bought an emergency pair of FJ "tech" socks ($16), as I arrived at the course with one sock. Yes, they felt great too (new socks always do), but I could tell the difference. The Voxx yarns are tighter spun and so they will prove to be more durable. 

FTR, I received two pair that were not the same. Pair #1 had a red logo and Pair #2 did not. Other than that, they seemed the same to me, although I preferred the red logo pair, as the logo is handsome, understated and functional (it helped line the socks up on my feet). My suggestion to Voxx is that it drop the wrapped-text that says "Voxx Life" from the top band of the sock and stick with the simple red logo. We're talking socks here... keep it simple. 

I want to thank Voxx for the freebies and am happy to endorse them as "favorites" in my sock drawer. Where can I buy them?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SeaIsland said:

My month long laundry test is complete (about 3-4 washings I would say) and the socks are fine. The softness hasn't left them and they remain snug on my feet, so the fabric quality is "there." I recently bought an emergency pair of FJ "tech" socks ($16), as I arrived at the course with one sock. Yes, they felt great too (new socks always do), but I could tell the difference. The Voxx yarns are tighter spun and so they will prove to be more durable. 

FTR, I received two pair that were not the same. Pair #1 had a red logo and Pair #2 did not. Other than that, they seemed the same to me, although I preferred the red logo pair, as the logo is handsome, understated and functional (it helped line the socks up on my feet). My suggestion to Voxx is that it drop the wrapped-text that says "Voxx Life" from the top band of the sock and stick with the simple red logo. We're talking socks here... keep it simple. 

I want to thank Voxx for the freebies and am happy to endorse them as "favorites" in my sock drawer. Where can I buy them?

Thanks very much for your feedback, we'll take those logo suggestions into account!

You can purchase the socks here: https://www.voxxgolf.com/

5 hours ago, VoxxGolf said:

Thanks very much for your feedback, we'll take those logo suggestions into account!

You can purchase the socks here: https://www.voxxgolf.com/

I went to the website and upon checkout see that it is $10 flat fee for shipping regardless of buying one pair of socks, or nine pairs. Any chance for a free shipping code? At least one for spending $198 on three 3-Pack Bundles?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 8:24 AM, VoxxGolf said:

Anyone outside playing in this heat with their VoxxGolf socks? 

How are they holding up?

Fantastic! These socks really hold and when it's 100+, it does not sweat or smell at the end. It's the perfect weight, neither super thin nor too plush/boofy where my foot is swimming in my sock.

Probably the BEST GOLFING SOCK I have ever used, as it integrates so well my Adidas BOA shoes and there is definite hold.

Thank you Voxx Golf for the opportunity to test drive your socks. Definitely will stock up in the near future 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

8 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Fantastic! These socks really hold and when it's 100+, it does not sweat or smell at the end. It's the perfect weight, neither super thin nor too plush/boofy where my foot is swimming in my sock.

Probably the BEST GOLFING SOCK I have ever used, as it integrates so well my Adidas BOA shoes and there is definite hold.

Thank you Voxx Golf for the opportunity to test drive your socks. Definitely will stock up in the near future 👍👍👍

Amazing to hear that the moisture wicking feature is working great for you! 

49 minutes ago, VoxxGolf said:

105+ degrees is no joke! Amazing to hear there were no issues. 

105+, I've played in 116 heat and walking. It's funny that my other buddies in electric carts all bailed on the 16th while I finished on 18th by myself. The trick is to have lots of water and umbrella shade on the cart

Check this out....my group is pretty hardcore... not even fires will stop our game...

1206248218_ss2020-07-1815_30.49-1.jpg.2d66ad5f681120bb90047ba1562cdc7b.jpg

63227235_ss2020-07-1816_09_09-1.jpg.536d0924f4d8104fe464945329ae0484.jpg

This was taken at Woodley Lakes GC in Los Angeles...

Yeah, we're a pretty hardy bunch

Ok...back to the Voxx Golf socks. I think if you picked the right Golf Forum to test your product...we'll really test it and report GOOD & BAD 😁

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

4 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

105+, I've played in 116 heat and walking. It's funny that my other buddies in electric carts all bailed on the 16th while I finished on 18th by myself. The trick is to have lots of water and umbrella shade on the cart

Check this out....my group is pretty hardcore... not even fires will stop our game...

1206248218_ss2020-07-1815_30.49-1.jpg.2d66ad5f681120bb90047ba1562cdc7b.jpg

63227235_ss2020-07-1816_09_09-1.jpg.536d0924f4d8104fe464945329ae0484.jpg

This was taken at Woodley Lakes GC in Los Angeles...

Yeah, we're a pretty hardy bunch

Ok...back to the Voxx Golf socks. I think if you picked the right Golf Forum to test your product...we'll really test it and report GOOD & BAD 😁

Oh wow! That is pretty crazy to see, impressive to see you still concentrating on your game! haha

Stay safe! 

Not part of the organized testing but I ordered a 3 pack of the no show style which several people have pointed out are still very visible around the ankle.

I’m always stuck (ocd) between shoe sizes/widths and as a result I really like how these socks are so thin (still comfortable) because I err on the side of tighter golf shoes since I don’t want to slide around.

On the flip side, if you are someone who has shoes that are slightly too big or loose and you are used to wearing a more plush sock this may be too thin and make you slide more than you’d like. 

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice @VoxxGolf

I continue to enjoy your socks.

For the record, I shot a personal best -3 (69) on the Par 72 Encino Golf course in Los Angeles last Saturday including a bird and Eagle on the Par 5s. And nearly a hole in one at the Par 3 15th as well.

Long bombs and great putting will do it, helped with seriously comfortable and COOL Voxx socks underneath 😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Very nice @VoxxGolf

I continue to enjoy your socks.

For the record, I shot a personal best -3 (69) on the Par 72 Encino Golf course in Los Angeles last Saturday including a bird and Eagle on the Par 5s. And nearly a hole in one at the Par 3 15th as well.

Long bombs and great putting will do it, helped with seriously comfortable and COOL Voxx socks underneath 😁

Wow! We're really happy to hear you were able to shoot a personal best in your VoxxGolf Socks! Amazing 🙌

I walked 45 holes over the weekend alternating between the no show and standard length.  The dogs were not barking and more importantly not smelling.  

They are on the thin side of sock, however I don't notice it due to the exceptional grip.  I tend to wear a few different shoes varying in length and width, If you haven't noticed 😃.

@SwingBlues I love hearing about your awesome round!  Congrats!!!!!

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

27 minutes ago, getair23 said:

I walked 45 holes over the weekend alternating between the no show and standard length.  The dogs were not barking and more importantly not smelling.  

They are on the thin side of sock, however I don't notice it due to the exceptional grip.  I tend to wear a few different shoes varying in length and width, If you haven't noticed 😃.

@SwingBlues I love hearing about your awesome round!  Congrats!!!!!

That's great, we're happy to hear that you got through 45 holes in your VoxxGolf socks! 

• 2 weeks later...

WRX TESTER UPDATE - it's been HOT and HUMID here in Los Angeles. Been the hottest all summer for the last 4 days above 100+ and the humidity. Whole city has been in the "flex alert" power warning these days.

Played Saturday & WALKED in 106+* and humidity with the sun blazing. I had sweat all along my arms and thank goodness for the umbrella for the shade otherwise would have passed out with the heat.... consumed 2 large bottles of water, 6 Coors lite and 2 stellas. Gotta keep the hydration up 🍻

But - these Voxx socks were the best part of the day. Did not feel any heat or sweat during the round. After the round, no smell. In contrast, I know for a FACT my foot would have been hot and warm all day if I had my Kentwools on. Phew...

Also, these socks CONTINUE to grip good in my shoes. Good connectivity between my bare foot and the shoe. After 3 months of washing and all, the compression from the elastic is still there.... NO slippage or movement inside my BOAs during swing.

LOVE IT

My foot was very happy during the round even in the heat. Thanks @VoxxGolf, love your socks 👍

Only wish was that I should have got some white Voxx socks along with the black

ps what happened with the 3 packet sale. Coming back?

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1