MEMBER REVIEWS: Voxx Golf Mini Crew Golf Socks! See What Members Are Saying!

1586619974_VOXXGOLFMEMBERTESTINGREVIEWS.png.44af46c4755e50350391a33adb28eb12.png

We have 11 of our members testing out Voxx Golf's Mini Crew Socks. These socks are designed to be the most comfortable, breathable, and supportive sock ever. Voxx Golf's socks have proven to reduce foot pain and increase stability, which is great for your golf game! The members below will be reporting back to the community about the things that they have noticed while testing this product. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as the testers will be happy to answer them!

Learn more about Voxx Golf HERE.

The testers are: 
 @NCSergio

@getair23

@Negncic

@Myherobobhope

@AzSuperHack76

@blopar

@Desert Player

@jwb10

@courcy75

@SwingBlues

@SeaIsland

Additionally, our friends at Voxx Golf has offered our members 45% off when you buy a 3 pack bundle of socks! Check out the promotion here

Special thank you goes out to @VoxxGolf for providing our members with this testing opportunity! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you GolfWRX & Voxx Golf 👍

My feet looks forward to trying these socks, can't wait!

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Ha, I’m amazed at how quickly they shipped and arrived… from Canada to me in 2 days.

unfortunately I’m in Idaho and the socks are in Kentucky…

looking forward to testing them. I’m currently a loyal Bombas guy. Ordered the navy.

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Thank you Voxx Golf and GolfWRX for the chance to try these out. 

The socks arrived this afternoon, just after I finished a round of golf. About Me, I’m a 6-7 handicap, I play 1-3 rounds a week. I ride for the majority of my rounds. I do get in walking rounds from time to time and will make sure to do so in these socks for a thorough review.

The socks shipped from Canada and arrived in Arizona within 3 days. Super quick! 

Initial impression: These are socks, we can’t get too crazy here. A little closer look is that there is some stuff going on the bottom of the Voxx sock. There is arch support, and some sort of feature  called HPT, kind of looks like a thumbprint in the fabric. Voxx claims this as a proprietary tech. that will trigger a response in one’s “brainstem” that helps manage pain as well as improving mobility and balance. 

On the Foot: They are comfortable for sure. Not too bulky, definitely will be good for the desert heat of Arizona summer golf, especially with the moisture wicking that Voxx has included with the sock. They fit fine, I’m an 11-11.5 in shoes, the Large are 9.5 to 12.5. They seem to be sturdy enough. I tend to wear holes in the heels of standard socks without reinforcement. Material is 65% Nylon, 30% Polyester and 5% Nylon, great for sliding across wood flooring, 😜

Performance: I won’t be able to get them on the course for a week or so, I’m heading out on a family vacation. I will do a quick report on how they hold up for a day at LegoLand. I will also report back as soon as I get that round in to see if there is anything to Voxx’s claims of Pain Management along with Balance and Mobility. 

0A1B2A48-C605-4C62-AE6D-18C0C7AE664E.jpeg

CF4791AD-F7A7-41D4-90C9-573E3FE2CE0E.jpeg

45E88223-2665-4577-8169-B8BD3026A505.jpeg

C6585783-56AD-42E8-B8F7-AB3256DE0FCE.jpeg

313B2CDF-0A39-4E8E-9F00-389F84448F62.jpeg

4EAFE755-5512-483B-964E-017BD2B434CC.jpeg

5B97EC89-E408-49D1-A19F-422BA766143F.jpeg

50A6E045-FEA2-4EAA-B2A5-BC0D207F1034.jpeg

1FA2D686-692B-4832-B28B-D10D2634D554.jpeg

C2A49E98-FB31-45F8-B5C8-972DEA396A0F.jpeg

1934CA1D-FDCF-4672-85BD-BC6A6F6D3A49.jpeg

76DBD160-31BA-460E-891F-C1D4B83DEBA6.jpeg

Edited by AzSuperHack76
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

The socks arrived this afternoon, just after I finished a round of golf. About Me, I’m a 6-7 handicap, I play 1-3 rounds a week. I ride for the majority of my rounds. I do get in walking rounds from time to time and will make sure to do so in these socks for a thorough review.

The socks shipped from Canada and arrived in Arizona within 3 days. Super quick! 

Initial impression: These are socks, we can’t get too crazy here. A little closer look is that there is some stuff going on the bottom of the Voxx sock. There is arch support, and some sort of feature  called HPT, kind of looks like a thumbprint in the fabric. Voxx claims this as a proprietary tech. that will trigger a response in one’s “brainstem” that helps manage pain as well as improving mobility and balance. 

On the Foot: They are comfortable for sure. Not too bulky, definitely will be good for the desert heat of Arizona summer golf, especially with the moisture wicking that Voxx has included with the sock. They fit fine, I’m an 11-11.5 in shoes, the Large are 9.5 to 12.5. They seem to be sturdy enough. I tend to wear holes in the heels of standard socks without reinforcement. Material is 65% Nylon, 30% Polyester and 5% Nylon, great for sliding across wood flooring, 😜

Performance: I won’t be able to get them on the course for a week or so, I’m heading out on a family vacation. I will do a quick report on how they hold up for a day at LegoLand. I will also report back as soon as I get that round in to see if there is anything to Voxx’s claims of Pain Management along with Balance and Mobility. 

I live in Scottsdale, and will be interested to see how these keep cool / wick as it really starts to heat up.  Do you play thru summer / monsoon season?

Woohoo... my Voxx came this evening. Received a pair of no show & regular style.

FAST FedEx 🤙

Going to try them tomorrow when I play at Woodley... so looking forward to it 😁

• Like 2

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

So, I got the socks! My thanks go out to VOXX. I've got a size 12 foot, so I ordered the LARGE. I requested WHITE so there's no need for me to share more photos (thank you AZSuperHack76). My first impression? These are very nice socks. Thin and "stretch fitting," but substantial in terms of the fabric quality and design effort. I have just one suggestion: get rid of the "VOXX LIFE" branding across the top band of the sock. You've already got a cool, small red logo that, by itself, conveys a higher premium.

I play about 150 rounds of golf a year. Nearly 90% are played with me wearing shorts and white ankle golf socks. I go through them like peanuts. It's not just because my feet perspire a great deal. It's also because my newest pairs have a habit of vanishing, leaving me a drawer full of mismatched remnants. While I know that VOXX cannot solve the disappearing act just described, I do know that provided these socks hold up in the laundry, stay soft and are not significantly more expensive, they've already got me. I prefer a thinner, stretch fit, micro-fabric sock --and these fit that bill.

Bottomline, I'll be hoping that they remain as soft/comfortable after several launderings as they do now. As stated, these are very nice socks. I will wear them exclusively over the next several rounds so it won't take me long to complete the laundry test and provide an update. By the way, I plan on using them to comfortably break-in a new pair of shoes, as thick socks and new shoes aren't fun! 

Edited by SeaIsland
  • Like 4

I was lucky enough to be picked to try the Voxx Soxx. Thank you to Voxx, they were delivered quickly. AZSuperHack has great photos of the white I received so I will not post more. Suffice to say, they are great looking golf sox. My biggest problem with golf sox is that are not comfortable or they roll over and have to pulled up and adjusted. These beat those issues with excellent fit and strength. The padding is in the correct places and these are the most comfortable golf sox I've ever worn. With 50 years of playing, that's a lot of sox. They are comfortable, don't roll or pill and feel great. I always walk so having good sox is a must. I've been wearing FJs for years, and they're good, but Voxx is appreciably better. I'd definitely buy them and wear them consistently. I'll report back after washing, but just based on the design and tech fabric I expect they'll still be great. Cool name , too, there is something Dr. Seuss about it.....;-))

Edited by jwb10
  • Like 1

So .... who's brainstem is being triggered?? 🤣 

• Confused 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

16 hours ago, bellken said:

Any comments about Voxx HPT? Can you feel it, or, it is not noticeable?

I definitely could feel the pattern and the comfort. Great soxx ! But brainstem and more distance and accuracy, only for 9 holes and I reverted to the mean. The soxx didn't hurt, my feet were happy, but my pitiful brainstem apparently remained shrunken and dormant. I'll try again tomorrow, with the same hope that my inner Tiger is just one piece of equipment away. Alas, absent neurosurgery I don't think anyone makes the equipment needed for that miracle.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Very excited to be part of this group.  First impression is that these are high quality and have a well thought through design. I am also very grateful for receiving both no-show and the mini-crew Voxx Socks.    

A little about me and my sock life:  I have two sock drawers full to the brim.  I have tried a plethora of different sock for golf, running, basketball etc...  I am always looking for the perfect pair as I run about 20-30 miles a week and rarely take a cart when I play golf a few times per week.  I live about 25 miles outside Philadelphia in a fairly hilly area.  Meaning I'm usually going up a hill or down a hill, putting every part of a sock to the test.  I am typically prefer tab socks to crew or no- show for functionality.  Hoping for the best of both worlds here.  

With the course being closed yesterday I only hit a few balls and putted long enough to want to buy a new putter.  The first thing I noticed about the Voxx Socks, was that I didn't notice them.  Out of the gate I'm very pleased.(wore the mini-crew) 

As part of the test group I feel it is my duty to put these through the paces.  With that being said I wanted to test the Antibacterial feature.  So I didn't wash them last night and wore them for a 5 mile run this morning.  Score 1 for Voxx.  They are sitting next to me as I type and have passed the sweat wicking and the smell test.  Yes, they will get a wash today!

So far they check a lot of boxes. Stay tuned for more testing.  A few picks prior to my run to show how the Voxx mini-crew covers you from front to back with padding in just the right places.  I despise heel/ achilles rubs and blisters.  Absolutely no issues there.     

voxx 1.jpg

voxx 2.jpg

voxx 3.jpg

voxx 4.jpg

Edited by getair23
  • Like 2

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

On 6/5/2022 at 9:54 PM, SwingBlues said:

Thank you to Voxx Life Golf and @GolfWRX for this opportunity to try these new golf socks

The Voxx Golf website can be found here: https://www.voxxgolf.com/

These are the 2 pairs of testing socks I received - a pair of Atheltic No-Show and Athletic Mini-Crew

Shipping was FAST via FedEx considering they came from Ontario, Canada 👍

1652187197_2022-06-0410_17_41.jpg.fd916022e96b1e68dfdd7116ebc749fd.jpg

About Me

I play once a week on Saturdays (thanks to my 9-5 job) and I would hit the range around once a week, or twice.

Usually I play around the Los Angeles City muni courses, or sometimes I head to play Marshall Canyon (La Verne), Sterling Hills (Camarillo) or Simi Hills (Simi Valley). Being in the San Fernando and the valley areas, it will get hot but that does not perturb me. Even walk rounds when it was 115*+ outside.

I always walk and I push a cart, loaded with beers and golf clubs (yes, that's the Priority).

Until now, I've always used Costco socks and a couple pairs of Kentwool socks that I save for tournament rounds.

My shoes are all Adidas Boost with BOA from about 5 years ago. Got like 5 pairs of them that I rotate around. Probably the most comfortable shoes I've had on but my feet still hates me. I've always had problems with my skin growth on my feet that leads to callous that I constantly need to scrub with a foot tool and add moisturizer to it. Otherwise the skin will crack and it's super glue time.... ugh

Had this condition since I was a kid & Kaiser can't do crap about it. So I really wanted to try these Voxx socks to see if it will help with the skin on my foot.

1825344697_2022-06-0410_18_33.jpg.e3671c9d3a9ad41cc4f9c2d6b9ed3caa.jpg

About the Voxx Golf Socks

So some photos of the marketing material that came with these socks...

663440746_2022-06-0410_26_36.jpg.6616d61093350a0147df115706d5f39c.jpg

916295782_2022-06-0410_27_10.jpg.a9221db7e8a91c2dfc553369cdd11142.jpg

I wear a 9.5 size shoe to LARGE was a pretty good fit for me.

These socks are made from 65% nylon, 30% polyester and 5% spandex. It's been a while since I've had nylon/polyester socks as most socks I buy are typically cotton in material. Blame my mum for the indoctrination

What the Voxx socks looks like INSIDE

I took some pictures of the inside of the sock and you can see the top side, bottom sole and the side of the socks.

Inside02.jpg.1c602510c68c93143551a627f0a4a10b.jpg

This is the outside of the HPT (Human Performance Techonology). Like I said, it very much resembles finger prints like on the skin. As well, you can see the distinct hexagonal weaving. Very nice.

772462321_2022-06-0410_20_07.jpg.b1fffb223e3abb228e0f3df507762984.jpg

View of the INSIDE of the sock of heel area. Extra layers for heel comfort. I really like this part of the sock as the cushioning is great for my skin issues. With new sock and all, I thought I may get blisters but no, pure comfort as far as my heels go...

694469868_2022-06-0410_24_58.jpg.3290ae069c05659e492f07c385868270.jpg

Extra material on the top of the foot arch (Inside shot). Here, the care taken for the hexagonal weaving really stands out

505108009_2022-06-0410_25_07.jpg.e1d42dfdbd29f5b84180c7d5e93a3436.jpg

My initial expectation was that this was another "ordinary constructed sock" - plain jane weaving.

...but I really like what Voxx did with the heel, adding extra paddings inside the sock.

As well, around the middle and arch of the foot you can see the extra layers of spandex material.

Right under the ball of the foot is extra weaved red material. It's Voxx's HPT (Human Perfomance Technology).

To me, HPT looks like a giant finger print pattern done in the material. The gist of it is that it is suppose to promote better contact between the foot and the shoe. Does it work? Honestly, I never loss any traction during the round with these socks perhaps it felt more contact as say compared to the thicker woolen Kentwool socks. It certainly doesn't hurt and to be fair, I only had 4 1/2 hours in this sock.

Anyway, it's very interesting to see how these Voxx socks are made. I like the thinking that went into it and the extra material placement of these socks. I do not see anything like this in my Kentwools or Costco.

Best thing about it is that it feels "invisible" to my feet.

How does the Voxx sock feel?

The fit is great. Not super snug but enough to be comfortable and still hold the sock proper to my foot.

I would class these socks as thin-medium weight - slightly thinner than my Costco socks and half the weight of my Kentwools, woolen socks.

In my BOAs, I can definitely feel the extra space in the shoe due to the thinness. That just means I tighten it a little more.

I tried the ATHLETIC NO SHOW pair first. Now, my foot and "No Show" socks, typically, DO NOT GET ALONG. The heels of these no show socks always somehow sink into the shoes. Time to tug them out. Such a pain.

But these Voxx ATHLETIC NO SHOW are fantastic 👍👍👍 Definitely gets the 3 thumbs up from me. No slippage at all!!! And I never had to tug them up at all during the round.

The feel of these socks took about 3 holes to get use to. Being thinner I thought they would slip in the BOAs but they never did. Grip was surprisingly good. Only mental note was I got some "squeeky" noises coming from the heels of my shoes on the front nine holes. Can't figure out why, perhaps it the leather against the new sock material. May be? Either way, the noise was gone come the turn.

12796158_2022-06-0411_32_15.jpg.d1fc7b2b017a381099b6c2fe8c7a33a3.jpg

712681624_2022-06-0411_31_53.jpg.8a022af272975d9f08cf4bd8e73fb8bf.jpg

617457938_2022-06-0413_32_13.jpg.ffa6aaa95f85324815db2a1da3230107.jpg

1281328462_2022-06-0412_00_35.jpg.0d47966a3fa58169d50af8710818ac90.jpg

174566282_2022-06-0412_01_23.jpg.64338c04d4b3b0e49377723554bb397a.jpg

Thoughts after first round

• Very Comfortable
  • Snug
  • No sock pulling or adjusting
  • Feels like pretty good "traction" inside my BOAs. Didn't feel like my foot at all while swinging the club for the driver, irons, chipping or putting. Walking up hill and down hill, the sock held firm, no internal slippage. With my Kentwool, I can sometimes feel some movement, it's a much thicker sock.
  • It was round 90* heat during the day and my feet was perfectly fine through the round. Not sweaty. No blisters and I really like the weight of these socks compared to my other golf socks - these will be my GOTO socks when the heat index breaches 110*+ for sure.

556467335_2022-06-0413_33_26.jpg.b3777c004e1d300fb6869c500cab5c9d.jpg

I'll report back after each round. The only question I have left is the durability.

As you can see the skin of my feet is brutal so I hope these socks will help and it strong enough to sustain any wear issues caused by my skin condition.

Other than that, I really like these socks so far and definitely an improvement over my Costco and Kentwool socks.

Feel free to ask any questions etc.

Great review.  You are braver than I am posting feet pics.  

• Thanks 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

I was also selected to review the Voxx socks, so a thank you to Voxx and Golfwrx. I received 2 pairs of the white mini-crew socks. My first impressions of the socks was a very positive one. I wore the socks around the house for a while and they are the most comfortable socks I have ever worn.  I could feel the extra cushioning in the heel and toe area as well as the arch support without feeling any seams. The socks are pretty thin on the top of the foot area, feeling like dress socks. I wear a size 10.5 shoe and I received the large socks which fit perfectly.   Wearing the socks on the course is we’re I had an issue. I paired the socks with  Footjoy Fury BOA’s which caused the issue.  I am used to wearing Bombas socks which are much thicker. Due to the thinness of the Voxx, my feet were moving around inside the shoes. The Voxx socks and the Ortholite insoles did not pair very well for me. Even with my feet moving around in the shoes, the socks stayed put on my feet so there were no chance of blisters, which is a good thing. It wasn’t until I cranked the Boa’s to an almost painful tightness that the shoes stayed connected. I played a round in a humid 89 degrees and the moisture wicking was so good, that I was able to workout after the round without having to change my socks, which has never happed before.  For my next round, I will pair the Voxx with tradition laced shoes and hope that alleviates the foot/shoe slippage.  Update to follow…

• Like 2

I was selected as a reviewer of the VoxxLife Socks.  Thanks for the opportunity !  Here we go...I'm not going to post pictures as other reviewers have already sent a veritable cornucopia of photos of the inside and outside of the product and packaging.

About Me:  I'm an Academic Interventional Cardiologist at the University of Arizona Tucson, Index 6.3-7.7 and play 100-150 rounds of golf year 'round through a wide variety of temperatures sometimes as high as 115 Fahrenheit on typically hilly courses, with significant  elevation changes, some long cart path connectors between holes and lots of sand and desert should you stray from the fairway.  I both walk and/or play with cart depending on temperature and/or time constraints.

The Socks:  Tested one pair of white mini crew and one pair of no show style which arrived quickly for evaluation.  Very comfortable, quality appearance (attractive logo) and soft texture , just the right amount of spandex elastic in arch support area and cuff.  Just the right amount of additional padding in heel and toe (although I did some internet literature review and there have been complaints of holes and excessively rapid wear as well as  poor customer support response to complaints).  Would categorize these as relatively thin to medium thin in terms of overall "weight" and thickness.  Very happily there is no "heel slide" present in either style, I believe due to the sock material itself and "ribbed" sequence of padding in the heel, hence no achilles friction therefore minimal risk of blistering.    No "tongue bite" with similar ribbed padding on the front of the ankle. Even the no shows fit well above the tops of all my shoes, so no need for heel tabs as found on some other brands--just the right amount of elastic in the top cuff. I agree with another reviewers comment that they feel almost invisible to the feet !  Size L fit my US 11 foot perfectly. 

I found the wicking and temperature regulation properties to be outstanding even in extreme heat. 

Out of personal convenience I decided to simply machine wash and low temperature dry which did not change the softness, elasticity, or performance of the sock material.

I tested the socks in a number of different pairs of golf shoes, both lace and BOA, and they perform nicely in either.  I did notice some sliding and rubbing on the medial aspect of the great toes on a pair of TRUE Lux Knits which are soft in the forefoot and have a wide toe box; so if you have discomfort or callus formation in this area, I would recommend thicker socks or socks with more toe padding (or not wear them with these shoes). The flat toe seam was indeed flat,  seamless, and comfortable .  

The Nitty Gritty:  Comfortable quality performing athletic socks certainly comparable to and in some ways superior to Bombas, Balega, Wigwam, FJ, Allbirds (my personal fave), Swiftwick, and Lululemon...but at an excessively high price point--$30 for a single pair, $60-80 for three.  As a scientist and clinician  there are as far as I can tell,  unsubstantiated non peer reviewed "studies" likely funded and performed by VOXX,  with questionable primitive statistical outcomes data  as well as bizarre hard to rationally believe personal testimonials of a variety of miraculous medical benefits from the neural feedback HPT pattern woven into the ball of the foot with claims of "instant" pain relief, immediate  cure of chronic plantar fasciitis, improved balance and coordination etc , and improved distance and accuracy playing golf both for both driver and irons (I noticed none of these)  Also, strangely, one would think there might be a right and left sock and specific HPT pattern to fit the "science", but, not the case,  the pattern is identical on both socks and there are no left and right sock markings.  You can even buy HPT patterned  patches to stick on your forearm to derive some of the pseudoscientific benefits of the socks.  In other words, I am calling BS !  

So--if you go to alternative practitioners, faith healers, chiropractors, shamans and acupuncturists, buy these socks.  If you simply want a nice pair of very comfortable seemingly well made socks as described above and money is not an issue, buy these socks.  

Edited by blopar
  • Like 3

On 6/6/2022 at 6:49 PM, bellken said:

Any comments about Voxx HPT? Can you feel it, or, it is not noticeable?

My favorite part about the Voxx socks is that I don't notice any part of them.  No slipping in the heel or extra cushioning that feels forced or awkward.  

• Thanks 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Got out this morning and walked 9 in the no show pair.  No discernable difference between the two versions of the socks besides height.  I would not necessarily categorise them as no show, more like ankle socks. For reference I am a US size 11 wearing the large size.  For construction comparison the are similar to Thorlo running socks, with different padding and sections sewn together (see pic below).  Looks and feel the Voxx are far superior to Thorlo, where you can really feel the heel pad and lack of material near the arch.  

Plan is to keep putting them through the paces and continue to update accordingly.  I'll hold back on the feet pics for now.  My new sock brother Swingblues can own that part of this thread.     

sock 11.jpg

socks 3.png

socks 4.jpg

Edited by getair23
  • Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Day 2 in the Soxx. Wore the no-show, which is what I typically wear. Great soxx, stayed and kept up. I played the same, but they just punched our greens, and soxx can't fix that. Wash upcoming, but with the fabric they should remain brilliant. Unlike the cardiologist above I have no science background, but I BELIVE my neural net worked better in these soxx. Must be true, then, right ?? Thanks again to Voxx for the great soxx) and WRX for the opportunity.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, AzSuperHack76 said:

0A1B2A48-C605-4C62-AE6D-18C0C7AE664E.jpeg

CF4791AD-F7A7-41D4-90C9-573E3FE2CE0E.jpeg

45E88223-2665-4577-8169-B8BD3026A505.jpeg

C6585783-56AD-42E8-B8F7-AB3256DE0FCE.jpeg

313B2CDF-0A39-4E8E-9F00-389F84448F62.jpeg

4EAFE755-5512-483B-964E-017BD2B434CC.jpeg

5B97EC89-E408-49D1-A19F-422BA766143F.jpeg

50A6E045-FEA2-4EAA-B2A5-BC0D207F1034.jpeg

1FA2D686-692B-4832-B28B-D10D2634D554.jpeg

C2A49E98-FB31-45F8-B5C8-972DEA396A0F.jpeg

1934CA1D-FDCF-4672-85BD-BC6A6F6D3A49.jpeg

76DBD160-31BA-460E-891F-C1D4B83DEBA6.jpeg

Follow up from earlier this week. I walked just shy of 8 miles on Tuesday with a pair of the no shoe/ankle socks. The socks held up well, feet stayed dry and there was no excessive wear on the socks. As for the HPT claim, it’s exactly that, a claim that they made with no research provided, at least that I can find. I just can’t “buy into” it. Other than the questionable “HPT” claims, the socks are high quality, comfortable and keep your feet dry. Overall a totally great sock that I look forward to wearing even more on course. 

Edited by AzSuperHack76
  • Like 2

So I got to take my new Voxx Socks out this past weekend. I rotate between alot of different golf shoes from Jordan's to Wingtips. I paired mine with my Ecco hybrid wingtips and I was very happy with the performance of the sock. The inside of my Ecco shoes are leather and somewhat slick but I had no issues with these socks. No slipping or twisting up during play. I play in South Florida and after our daily thunderstorm it gets to be unreasonably hot so excuse the leg sweat lol. IMG_8507.jpg.710b4c28058bd2af410ab072c5012251.jpg

A good comparison for this sock would be a Nike running sock or a slightly thinner version of the Stance tab golf socks. 

• Like 2

TM Qi10 LS 9.0 Tour AD BB-7x 
TM Qi10 Tour 14.0 Graphite Design Tour AD BB-8x 
Titleist TSR2 18.0 HZRDUS Black 6.0
Mizuno 245 4-PW KB Tour C Taper 120 S
National Custom Works 48 Green KBS Tour High Rev 
National Custom Works 54 Green KBS Tour High Rev

National Custom Works 60 Green KBS Tour High Rev
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport 2 sole stamp 

Got out last night for a quick range session and played a few.  The crew length is less fashionable in my mind, but a little more functional as we have a lot of very tall fescue.  I specifically wore this pair of shoes that fit bigger than most of the other shoes I play in, to test the grip.  Where these socks do excel is in their ability to stay put and reduce slipping in the shoe regardless of thickness.   

puma 1.jpg

puma 2.PNG

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Took the new Athletic Mini Crew socks out for my Saturday round at the Los Angeles Encino golf course.

Temperature was 91* with a Pacific cool breeze.

Paired it with my oldest Adidas Boost BOAs.

Like last time, these socks are thin and definitely 3 to 5 more clicks on the BOA to properly clamp down on them.

1783210891_2022-06-1112_11_11.jpg.6a70f92310b2f9f3be88923e1ae7cd00.jpg

The Voxx are definitely very comfortable during the round. Pushing a cart with beers and clubs, easy peasy. No slippage as I recall. Only thing repeated is I felt some "squeeky" on the heel side going up hill now and then. This time, one click on the BOA seem to fix that. These BOAs are years old but still in great shape and super, super comfortable to walk in.

So is the picture of the inside of the 3 socks that I use for golf:

940637585_1024_2022-06-1110_26_10.jpg.c8446ec0a0cc76e326be6f47babde577.jpg

Top black color one is your typical Costco sock. Middle white is the Kentwool and the bottom one is the Voxx.

The picture really tells the story about the Voxx sock construction. Kentwool is the thickest of all the socks. I bought the Kentwool years ago because I was getting blisters on the heel while breaking in new shoes. In those, my feet can definitely feel the floatiness of the extra padding. Costco pair is great but it is not durable... for me, the wear seems to be ankle joints where the side/sole meet...these are coming apart slowly in the Costco and Kentwool

421535172_2022-06-1110_30_10.jpg.8d301a13452418325be758d002008c0e.jpg

End of the day my feet felt great. As I was taking off the sock, the Voxx still stuck on pretty well to the skin. It was still dry, my feet does not sweat like most people and no smell.

Here's the picture of the Voxx socks as I sat at the 19th having drinks with my golfing buds. Socks are STILL UP and did not creep down. Didn't pull or need to adjust my sock at all during round.

1681784767_2022-06-1118_00_35.jpg.cc9b12d21382bff4b50ef39cb51afe51.jpg

Overall, I felt pretty good connection with the shoes and ground on my swing. No slippage. I also feel the Voxx grips more around my foot more so than than the Kentwool. Costco doesn't grip sh*t.

Someone asked about HPT. I don't feel it, it's invisible but I do feel the best connection to the shoe when compared to the Kentwool (my sock of choice for tournaments) and Costco (my everyday golf round sock). As for HPT & distance gain - I wish- my GPS shot stats is showing I lost SS in the last 6 months before the Voxx. Probably due to COVID, lack of gym, swing change etc...etc...etc

From what I felt from 2 rounds in the Voxx, I would use these over my Kentwools especially when the temperatures will rise in the next 3 months. Like my earlier post, I check the durability of these socks and post any updates.

Would I buy these myself if I wasn't a reviewer? Right now - if the durability hold (say 6+ months) and I am not seeing any loose stitching or holes, yeah I would buy these for the points I outlined above. 

Thanks again to @GolfWRX and Voxx Life Golf. It's pretty cool (literally) to test these socks...🙏👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 3

Thank you to Voxx and GolfWRX for the opportunity. We are going to get deep into this, so strap in.

Some background on me: I am 8.5 handicap (low of 5, currently soft capped, let’s not talk about it). I spend a lot of time thinking about golf, and have gone on deep dives into a variety of topics in terms of equipment.

I have harassed my favorite twitter biomechanist on which shoes to wear. Thanks to Sasho, I’m exclusively wearing more rigid golf shoes. My 2 of choice are the FootJoy classic and FootJoy SL. I also wear a 13 4E, so I’m limited in my options… that said, one of my strategies for this season is to limit my decision making.

I’ve committed to shoes, a glove brand, a ball, a tee… I’m happy with my equipment now that it is dialed in. The goal with this stuff is not just to find the best equipment for me, but also to spend less energy making decisions before I step on the golf course. The goal is to have consistency as I head to the first tee, and not second guess things like what ball I am playing that day. 

The tee is a good example. My club has free tees, they work perfectly for me, and I don’t have to think about them. Could I get more yards or consistency with a premium tee? Maybe. Is that a rabbit hole I don’t need to waste time diving into? Absolutely. 

I realize this is the antithesis to GolfWRX, and I promise you, I have headcased over all these things, and finally settled on “good enough for now”. If a time comes when I no longer think my shoes are the right fit, I’ll find a new biomechanist and start shopping for new shoes. 

In all my headcasing, I have not put much thought into socks. I have been wearing Bombas for a few years, they weren’t selected as golf socks, and more as just my daily sock of choice. I like them! I have never thought about what I need out of a sock in terms of golf performance, I’ve just been wearing socks that I found comfortable.

Enter Voxx. 

I put in my request, and to my shock, they arrived the day I was headed out of town (after I had left my house). I wish I had had them for my weeklong golf adventure with my dad. We walked around 60 miles total, and I tried to pay attention to the performance of the Bombas. So the question becomes: What am I looking for out of a performance golf sock? (and how does Voxx do?)

Comfort: This is very simple. I want my socks to be comfortable. The Voxx fit this bill nicely. I ordered the XL socks. (They are a little big, if you are size 12, go L), From the toe to the heel they fit comfortably. I have exceptionally wide feet, and the socks fit comfortably. They are a little thinner than my usual socks, but still feel plush. In terms of overall comfort, these are great. 

Function: Really the only other important factor for me. Do they work on the golf course? The answer again is a resounding yes. I’ve just returned to Kentucky from Idaho, and it is HOT. I am not amused. The Voxx held up to the heat, and remained comfortable and wicked away moisture. Seriously, these are just good golf socks.

Style: This is less important to me. I’m not trying to impress Danielle the cart girl with my fashion forward choice in socks. That said, I like the way these socks look! I went with the blue, and wished I had gotten a pair of the neon green. They won’t match with anything I own, but hopefully Danielle won’t notice. That said, the colors match the website, so if you like what you see, that's what you will get. 

I think they look good, and I liked the options on the site. I mostly wear white socks, but it was nice to have some fun color options. 

The only remaining question for me is durability. Going back to my original premise, I want a pair of socks that I can put on and not worry about. If my socks wear out quickly, it will be both costly and annoying. I have faith that the Voxx will hold up. I think the biggest compliment I can pay is that I plan on ordering more next week after I see how they do in the wash. 

I haven’t explored the world of golf socks in depth, but the Voxx check all my boxes thus far. They are comfortable, they handle the heat and they look good enough. I am hoping this is one more piece of golf equipment that has become a no brainer for me. 

• Like 2

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Walked 18 in the no show, and then proceeded to mow the lawn.  I use a push mower and wear a smelly pair of my old running shoes to do so.  I don't pay attention to the steps I take throughout the day, but for this test I tracked my "Voxx," steps this day.  Between walking 18 and mowing, I came in at a little over 23,000 steps. I was able to get them to smell a little funky after these two activities.  I know smell can be subjective, but I would say they did pretty well not to be extremely offensive. 

Where they really impressed was their ability to keep my feet dry for ~7 hours of wear on a warm day.  They really hit a home run with moisture management. 

Still no issues with slipping, while wearing different shoes.  With the accelerated frequency of wear in these socks, I hope to share more info on durability over time as I keep putting them through their paces. 

vox.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1