MEMBER REVIEWS: Voxx Golf Mini Crew Golf Socks! See What Members Are Saying!

The jury is still out on if they can reduce balance and power.  It was hot and humid yesterday.  After a few washes the anti-microbial sweat wicking features are still working like day one. 

I have been wearing a lot of Stance tab socks with varying thickness depending on the shoe I wear that round.  So far with the vox they have stayed put and resisted slipping, regardless of my shoe choice.   

yel 1.jpg

yel 2.jpg

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

@getair23 like for the WRX ball, not the shoe color... 😜

I think if someone paired Voxx socks with Sqairz shoes - who knows, may see some gains

• Haha 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I was able to get out again while wearing the Voxx socks.  This time I paired them with Footjoy DNA’s. Just like with the Boa’s as long as I tighten them up a little more than usual, there is no issues with my feet moving around inside the shoes.  The first pair I wore were the no-shows and the second were the crew socks. I much prefer the the no-shows over the crew socks, but if crew socks are your thing, there was zero negative issues.  Fit, feel and moisture wicking we’re all top notch.  I have noticed nothing with the HPT insert. (Maybe I’m dense), but they are the most comfortable socks I have ever worn on a Golf course.  Updates to follow. 

Edited by Negncic
  • Like 3

Quick Review: Wore the socks in 100 degree weather in Kentucky... they held up great. I'm impressed and will buy more. 

Long Review:

I'm a classically trained big guy. If you comfortably fit into an airplane seat, let me explain... most things aren't built with me in mind. I'm the guy wearing shorts when other people are 3 layers deep on the golf course... and when it gets hot, I get hot quickly.

I had a round planned with 2 fellow Chasing Scratch listeners at Park Mammoth in southern Kentucky. It's a newly opened golf course that I highly recommend. Greens were great, layout was fun, service was excellent. It was also HOT. 100 + humidity. I grew up walking the course in Dallas, TX in the summers. I'm well versed in heat index. It wasn't miserable, but it was definitely a good day to test socks for their abilities to wick moisture and keep feet cool.

For hydration context, through the round I drank 2x 24oz Powerades, 2x 12oz water (provided by the course), 1 17 oz Sparkling Ice, and then bought a 24oz bottle of water and 18oz Body Armor at the turn... 

The course as about 90 minutes south of my house, and I drove there and back in the Voxx Socks... I wore my custom FootJoy SL shoes for the round... Over the 3:30 hour round, I sweat profusely (And walked approximately 4 miles, according to my watch). 

My socks stayed dry and comfortable. I didn't feel the need to peel them off before the drive home, and when I did get home, they were still comfortable and didn't smell... 

Honestly, I'm impressed with them. I am planning on buying a three pack for my own use. 

The only remaining question is if they will last long term... and that won't be known for a few months.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Hit a few balls then walked 9 with my kids.  Which means I walk a lot more looking for 3 balls instead of 1 😀.  Knowing this I went with the longer pair to combat some of my long walks through fescue.  So far the padding is doing exactly what it should and the grip is superior.  Stil no funky smells to report.  

If I could make one suggestion to Voxx, it would be to offer blue and neon in the no show version.  I would also be all in on fun/funky patterns.  

Will keep the updates coming.  

purple.png

purple 1.jpg

purple 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Fantastic Product!  Honored to be chosen to test the VOXX no-show and mini-crew socks. 

Packaging is solid and what you would expect from a premium product.  Good clean look and nice logo.

First impression was that they hug your foot nicely without feeling constricting.  You will notice in the on-feet pictures that there appears to be a little extra fabric around the toe-box area but within a few seconds of walking on them, those conformed nicely to the foot.  I'll just chalk that up to being in the package.

I tested these two ways, a round of golf and a casual day at the lacrosse fields watching my son.  They felt outstanding in bot scenarios.  I wore the mini-crew for the golf round and didn't even think about them.  That's a good thing!  Very comfortable and kept my feet dry and extremely comfortable on a 90+ degree day in full leather golf shoes.   For the no shows, I was walking around turf fields that are typically 10+ degrees hotter than the outside temperature.  These field temps were easily approaching 100 degrees.  Again, cool, comfortable and dry.

One of the things I absolutely despise in a sock is if the heel drops of there is any bunching at the toes.  The VOXX did not have either of these issues and performed as well or better than any other premium sock I've owned.  The way they fit snugly to the foot without being constricting really sold me.  I'll definitely being buying more!

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

• Like 2

"Excuses are the nails that build the house of failure."

UPDATE Round 3

Voxx socks RAWKS👍👍👍

Very comfortable. Day wasn't too hot. I went back to the No Show. LOVE THEM, they stayed up, foot did not slip in my BOA and this time I just tightened them until it was comfortable.

Definitely not as "boofy", padded, feeling like the KentWools

The pair had been washed and there was NO SQUEEK feeling in the socks this time. I think it's just the way these socks come out of the factory with some coating or something. Once you wash it, the coating is gone. Would love for Voxx Life to comment here...

Only thing I would suggest is for Voxx to find someway to not let dried grass stick to the sock...

1445142349_6-20-20227-39-04PM.jpg.4486c665a5a2d2d5680117939deaf71f.jpg

My other socks do that too and it's a pain to pull the grass before throwing them into the washer.

Right now, I am preferring the Voxx socks over the Kentwools. Forget the Costco socks... 🤣

Prices right now is pretty $59.99 for the bundle 3 pair of socks so $20 per pair, thats about the same or cheaper than the KentWools and these socks are more techy and lighter weights than the Kentwool too...

Durability is still be to tested. I've got 3 rounds in, some other testers here should have more since I am a weekend golfer

Comfort is 👍👍👍

For me, no slippage when these socks are lighter, definitely blends/gel well with all my different BOA shoes. I don't recall any shoe slippage either while golfing. I always walk and push the cart, full-o-beers and clubs.

Distance improvement? Not seeing it, hitting my irons as expected, driving is always IT IS, WHAT IT IS...you guys know that story, lol.

May be later in a couple of months, I'll do a sock switch driver test. Too busy right now though.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

Hit balls and got a few holes in this morning before going for a 4+ mile run in my Voxx.  

• Still great traction, while using different shoes golfing and running.  Which is amazing
  • No stinky socks yet.  I have followed washing instructions and not put them in the dryer

I'm with Swing Blues that grass does oddly stick to these (pictured below).  I'll chalk this up to their ability to maintain great traction, and better on my socks than in my shoes.  A+ so far.

vx.jpg

vx1.jpg

vx2.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Played my 5th or so round today. 104 and a bit of humidity today in the Phx area. Feet were dry! These are honestly one of the best pair of athletic socks I have worn. Voxx needs to drop the goofy nonsense HPT claims and just let the socks do the talking. They are holding up well, material is in perfect shape after multiple rounds and washes. No signs of wear whatsoever. 

• Like 3

UPDATE: Couple more rounds/range sessions in the socks and they continue to perform fantastic.   Remain true fitting after washes and still keep the feet nice and dry.  I haven't walked a full round in them yet (mostly cart golf) but that will be my next update unless something happens in the meantime.

Still very highly recommended!

• Like 2

"Excuses are the nails that build the house of failure."

I'm really liking the no-show length.  They do the job of a tab sock and give additional padding in the front where most socks fall short. 

Where I have typically switched socks with varying thicknesses to accommodate for sizing with different shoes.   Voxx have been absolutely perfect staying put regardless of the shoes I wear.  

red.jpg

red 1.png

red 2.png

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Still loving these after this weekend.  It was pretty warm in the north east, and after walking a round, my feet were unusually dry.  No barking dogs to speak of either.  

I did hit a couple drives into the fescue resulting in some grass sticking to the socks.   After a wash there is no grass remaining, so be confident that this is not an issue.  

I really like he blue and neon green available in the mini crew length.  @VoxxGolf are there any plans to release these colors in the no show length? 

leapord.jpg

• Like 3

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

So this Saturday's round (7/3), I decided to go back to my Kentwools just for the hell of it and see if I notice any difference.

As you can see from my earliers posts, I am really liking the Voxx socks. My foot skin condition is not playing up at all with the Voxx since I have been using it.

Saturday was another wonderful Los Angeles BlueBird day. No clouds, with a nice 10mph and occassional 15mph gust Pacific ocean breeze. Temps was around 92* in the valley. It was another great day for golf except for the gusts that knocked your ball down if you time it wrong which made the round, very interesting.

So here are my Kentwools for the day. I got the Kentwools years ago to stop the blistering in my heel area. It worked.

1581623996_7-3-20222-04-23PM.jpg.b355800800602c9325f9eb9d3fd6ac0e.jpg

These are comfortable but here are the differences:

1. It was a tad warmer wearing the thicker Kentwool socks than the lighter weight Vox No Show.

2. Definitively the Kentwool is thicker and as can be seen, less padding are especially on the top of the arch. When putting my foot into the shoe, I noticed it  bunched up more on the lower heel. I had to readjust to make the heel sit properly inside the shoe (took about 3 in & out to fix this).

WIth Voxx, there is no "bunch up" - in & done.

3. Voxx, to me, provided better "feet to shoe" hold than the Kentwool. Very subtle sock movements walking.

4. End of round, the feet were a little sweaty. I can't recall mentioning "sweaty" on the rounds where I wore the Voxx. It was not a super hot day at all but in someway, wearing wool is not a cool as cotton cheap Costco or multi-material Voxx.

Anyway, it was interesting to go back to my regular sock to see the difference during a golf round.

Neither sock improved or made worse my golf swing. I was testing my driver (Rogue ST Max with the Black Ventus) and also testing tempo & width with my swing so my round was not super stable but in the end, it was a good round

End of the day, if I had to choose between these 2 socks for a Sunday round, it would be Voxx, just for the cooler comfort and the better hold in my Adidas BOA shoe.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, VoxxGolf said:

Did anyone get up to any golfing on the long weekend?

Notice any improvement in your score? 

GreyNoShow2.jpg.6e949395e313b71fc3ff7fe3895dd1fd.jpg

I was able to play a little over the long weekend.  I did shoot my best round of the year.  SO, It's got to be the socks!

Any thoughts on additional colors in the no-show version?

jl.jpg

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

20 minutes ago, getair23 said:

I was able to play a little over the long weekend.  I did shoot my best round of the year.  SO, It's got to be the socks!

Any thoughts on additional colors in the no-show version?

jl.jpg

Wow, amazing to hear! 

Currently, our Voxx Golf no-shows come in black, white and grey, but we're always looking for new and exciting ways to add to the collection. 

Edited by VoxxGolf

On 6/27/2022 at 2:49 PM, getair23 said:

Still loving these after this weekend.  It was pretty warm in the north east, and after walking a round, my feet were unusually dry.  No barking dogs to speak of either.  

I did hit a couple drives into the fescue resulting in some grass sticking to the socks.   After a wash there is no grass remaining, so be confident that this is not an issue.  

I really like he blue and neon green available in the mini crew length.  @VoxxGolf are there any plans to release these colors in the no show length? 

leapord.jpg

We're really happy you're enjoying the socks, and glad to hear that grass is not causing any problems! 

We're always working on new things, so stay tuned for updates! 

On 6/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, jwb10 said:

Day 2 in the Soxx. Wore the no-show, which is what I typically wear. Great soxx, stayed and kept up. I played the same, but they just punched our greens, and soxx can't fix that. Wash upcoming, but with the fabric they should remain brilliant. Unlike the cardiologist above I have no science background, but I BELIVE my neural net worked better in these soxx. Must be true, then, right ?? Thanks again to Voxx for the great soxx) and WRX for the opportunity.

Amazing to hear, thanks for your feedback! 

Glad you've noticed a difference in your performance. 

• Like 1

@VoxxGolf

One suggestion - you may want to consider a "neon" series for @getair23 to match his collection of shoes 😋.....hmmh... thinking about it, I don't think there are any neon golf-specific socks by anyone. So there you go, there's a niche market. You're welcome 🍻

Also, any recommendations. Since the multi fabric is it best to dry naturally or OK dump it into hot air dryer, in order to maintain the sock's elasticity?

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

@VoxxGolf

One suggestion - you may want to consider a "neon" series for @getair23 to match his collection of shoes 😋.....hmmh... thinking about it, I don't think there are any neon golf-specific socks by anyone. So there you go, there's a niche market. You're welcome 🍻

Also, any recommendations. Since the multi fabric is it best to dry naturally or OK dump it into hot air dryer, in order to maintain the sock's elasticity?

We recommend washing the socks inside out and air drying the socks as this will allow the socks to maintain their true form and will not cause any damage to the socks. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

@VoxxGolf

Love it!  More colors and patterns would be a nice addition to the current line.  Traditionally I like to wear a lot of Stance socks.  I was initially drawn in by their fun designs and colors.  I now myself wanting more Voxx Socks based on function and performance however.

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

In to follow

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

On 7/7/2022 at 12:35 PM, getair23 said:

Love it!  More colors and patterns would be a nice addition to the current line.  Traditionally I like to wear a lot of Stance socks.  I was initially drawn in by their fun designs and colors.  I now myself wanting more Voxx Socks based on function and performance however.

We love it! 

Have you checked out our Neon green socks and blue socks? https://www.voxxgolf.com/collections/frontpage/products/voxx-golf-mini-crew-socks-test?variant=42749710794996

On 6/3/2022 at 5:16 PM, Myherobobhope said:

Ha, I’m amazed at how quickly they shipped and arrived… from Canada to me in 2 days.

unfortunately I’m in Idaho and the socks are in Kentucky…

looking forward to testing them. I’m currently a loyal Bombas guy. Ordered the navy.

Great to hear, have you had a chance to test them out yet?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoxxGolf said:

We love it! 

Have you checked out our Neon green socks and blue socks? https://www.voxxgolf.com/collections/frontpage/products/voxx-golf-mini-crew-socks-test?variant=42749710794996

Yes, they look wonderful. Was hoping you would add these options to the No- Show length.  

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

On 6/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, getair23 said:

I'm really liking the no-show length.  They do the job of a tab sock and give additional padding in the front where most socks fall short. 

Where I have typically switched socks with varying thicknesses to accommodate for sizing with different shoes.   Voxx have been absolutely perfect staying put regardless of the shoes I wear.  

red.jpg

red 1.png

red 2.png

Nice gams , Dude !!Guardians Of The Galaxy Wink GIF

• Haha 1