2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What was the best shot of your life??

Alexratom

Early this month, I played Caesarea Golf Course in Israel..

Rented golf clubs (Sim2 golf set)..

Birdie the last hole.. Great finishing hole on a course I've never played..  Had little audience around the club house.. little cheers..

I think I shot 83 with 2 birdies..

• Like 1

Best LEGIT shot: about 150 out from a green around a dogleg left that couldn’t be seen due to the tall cypress trees. Drew the ball around the trees and ended up ONE INCH from the hole. 
Best NON- LEGIT (I cheated) shot: I was in a green side bunker that was easily 12-15 feet below the green and practically against the wall of dirt going up towards the green. I knew I’d never get the ball out of there without 2 or 3 more strokes so I just picked up the ball and threw it up onto the green above me which couldn’t even be seen…. It went in the hole 😂

Tour Edge Exotics C721

Nickent 4DX 4 Wood

Titleist TSil 3 & 4 Hybrids

Bridgestone J36 Combo 5-PW

Cleveland Rtx 588 50-54-58

Scotty Cameron 2018 Select Laguna

Two options

1 - playing in my state am, I got in the match play but not a good spot, ended up being the 58th spot playing the 6th.  He was the one man at a D1 school and pretty good.  Held with him the entire day between 1up and 1 down.  Was 1 down going into 18, longish quirky par 5, hit a foul ball drive, got it back into play about 100 out, hit wedge to 8ft, playing partner had about 4ft for par and I gave it to him and said "if I can't make this I don't deserve to win".  Continued to drain it, go to extra holes, hit my drive on the first playoff hole into native grass, hacked it around made a 6 and he hit it to about 2ft for a 3, lol.

2 - playing at my old clubs big member guest, they have a 10 team alternate shot horse race were everyone is playing all at once and about 50 carts and beverage carts following.  First hole is shortish par 4, my partner rips one down the middle, we have about 60 yards left, I hit it to 2" (within the "gimmie stick" the official was using to help speed it up some).  We went -1 and then just continued to beat the crap out of everyone, got to the ifnal hole and my partner hits a drive to 30 yards, I pitch it to 3ft, he misses, we tie, then we go back again and he hits it to 25 yards, I hit it to 18" and he makes for us to win.  It was heplful that I was a new member and not many people knew us because the $3 bets for the horse race, ours ended up being worth about $60/bet.  The handful of people that bet on us (us included) made out like bandits.

Edited by J_Tizzle
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

First was the Hole in one with 8 iron 

Second best shot was with LW from off the green pitch in gave me an eagle 
Hit over a green on my 2nd shot on par 5 

severely elevated green   Green runs away from me.  Could not see green or the pin just a top of the flag. Got a LW for the first time and learning how to use it that week 

I was basically lobbing straight up severe upslope 15 yards straight up ?  to the edge of the green 

playing partner was standing on the green saw it land and yell at me that went in the cup. Did not see the ball after it landed on the green it was that severe of a elevated green. 
LW stayed in the bag after that 

Edited by Haroputt

Mine was more situationally great than technically great....but it was still a really solid shot.

Was at the par four 4th hole at one of our City courses. It's 304 yds from the blue tees. Decided I was going to try and go for it. It's a muni, so it's not like waiting an extra few minutes for the green to clear is going to make a difference. 

A twosome of yokels come up behind us and kinda start chirping: "You know you can tee off now, right? What's the hold-up?"

"I'm going for the green, so just waiting for it to clear"

"Who the f*** do you think you are...John Daly or sumpin'?" (they start laughing). 

I disregard them, and a minute or so later the green clears. I step up, fully aware that I might make a complete fool of myself, but here goes nothing. 

I catch it flush, and proceed to hit one of the most beautiful little draws I've ever seen come off my clubface. Perfect ball flight, starting just left of the green and slowly coming back. it one-hops, and checks up ~10 feet from the pin. 

I look back, shoot them a wink, and start chuckling as we walk away. That shut 'em up. Still amazed I didn't snap-hook it onto the 6th fairway.

Edited by electroleum

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

Wow, this is a tuff one as I've had many great, lucky, or downright unusual shots over the years.

Back in around 2004 or 2005, I was playing at Bricklanding Plantation in North Carolina, just north of Myrtle Beach, before all the renovations.  I believe it was hole number 3, a 389 yard par-4 that is pretty much straight forward with only some minor trouble left of the green (woods/trees) and right (small water hazard).  Hole positioned in the middle of the green.

Shot number 1......It was a very hot/humid day, temps in the 90s, and the course dry as a bone with baked out fairways.  Playing alone in the heat of the afternoon, I took out my Cleveland Quadpro 4-wood (17*), dug in and swung for the fences, home-run derby style.  I mean, why not?  Normally, swinging so hard results in a bad swing or mis-hit, but this time, I just so happened to catch the ball dead-square perfect, the kind you hit when you don't feel anything.  I crushed this ball and never saw it in the air, but I knew it was absolutely bombed. Since I never saw it, I assumed I hit it OB, so I teed up another and hit it easy.  Well, when I got up to the green, to my surprise, I see my original ball, right there on the edge, about 15-20 steps away from the hole.  Thanks to the hot temps and hard fairways, I hit this 4-wood about 350+ yards.

Shot number 2 was also in the Myrtle Beach area, maybe at Oyster Bay or the Pearl.  I was having a horrible day, one of the worse rounds ever, but on this one long par 4, I topped my drive and was left with about 212 yards to a slightly uphill green.  Out of frustration, I took out a Cleveland Quadpro 7-wood, walked up to the ball and just took a "I don't Care" swing.  The ball flies high and true, lands about 8 inches from the cup.  It  was my only good shot that day.

Current set lineup:  Left Handed

Driver--Callaway Epic Speed w/Project X Hzrdus Smoke "R" Flex

5 Wood--Ping G425 Max w/Alta CB65 "R" Flex

Hybrid--Titleist 818 H1 in 23* w/Tensei shaft, "R" Flex

Irons 6-PW--Callaway RazrX w/steel Uniflex-- shafts

F2 Series Gap Wedge 52* degree

SW-Cleveland CBX 56*

Putter--Odyssey White Steel

Ball-Srixon or Bridgestone E6

On purpose or by accident? 🤣

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g