2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What was the best shot of your life??

Alexratom

3 wood from 285 to a foot away on 2 at Randolph Oaks in San Antonio. Just a young 24 year old buck at the time with more club head speed than sense. One of those most rare shots that's hit so pure you don't even feel the ball leave. One guy in the group in front said he happened to look over and see it lip out.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Last September got a hole in one. Lyon Oaks golf course in Wixom, MI. 6th hole, touch of hurt wind, 143 yards hit an 8 iron with maybe 2-3 yards of draw but it was all over the pin the whole time. Ended up dunking it right in the hole, no bounce, nothing just right in. We heard it hit the pin and disappear and my buddy who was playing with me goes “did that just go in?” And I said it’s either in or it ricocheted 30 feet away lol. Drive up and it was in the bottom of the cup. He videotaped it from the cart ride up to us seeing it in the hole. I still watch that video almost once a week lol

I've hit plenty of drives that were 330+ that were exihilarting, but nothing like the two hole in ones on the same course back to back days.  First one was hole 6 @ El Caballero CC which is a par 3.  I hit an 8 iron which is hit slightly thin.  It hit the front of the green bounced twice then rolled and hit the stick and went in.  The very next day, I flushed an 8 iron on the same course on hole 16.  It hit the green but I never saw it after that as the pin position was towards the left, back side.  I thought it went over the green.  After searching for a minute, I walked to the hole and there it was. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• 1 month later...

I've had two hole in ones and one double eagle, and although I honestly said immediately after the ball left the 3w that resulted in the double eagle, "That's the best shot I've hit all year", I just figured it would be close, lol.  I view the in the hole aspects of those as pure luck.

It just happens this is where it was, and won't go into all the reasons it was special, but by far the best shot of my life so far was a little 58 degree wedge 40 or so yards out after a bad second and ending up left and short on the Road Hole, over the Road Hole Bunker to the tippy top of the mound that then trickled down to the tightest of pins, couldn't have been more short sided, couldn't see the hole at all, and was told it nearly dropped in.  Saving par was critical to my goal of breaking 80 and I just had a recent short game session with Monte at a clinic right before the trip and was pretty proud of the shot and the caddies' reactions as well. Hard shot I couldn't have pulled off standing there the rest of the day, but I refuse to call it lucky! Magical day.

Edited by Hawkeye77

Knock down 5I from behind the green tat a bathroom shed 15 yds away that bounded off a a 45 degree angle and back into adjacent fairway. The  the hole I was playing. Had an Ace once with a skulled 150yd  7I but can't say it was even in my top 50 shots. 

Driver - Nike Covert VS 

3W- TaylorMade R7

7W- Hippo Final decision 21deg

Irons- 5-PW Custom fitted System 3000 Tour Hot Forged w steel shafts

Cleveland 588RTX 48deg

SW- Cleveland CG12 56deg

Putter- Ping Asner3 w std grip

Hi/lo Nassau, match tied, pulled my tee shot into the trees left on this big dogleg par 4 18th. Opponents are licking their chops. Partner says punch out as trees blocked my direct path. I told him I was going to hood this 3I and hit a low running hook. Out of bounds right past the trees is the driving range. Cart barn is beyond and to the right of the green. Pin front left. Aimed directly OB to the right of the cart barn. Started hooking as planned, landed 15’ short of the green, rolled up to 20’. Made the birdie to win the match. I was able to stay humble as my partner did all the bragging necessary as we entered the grill room. 

IMG_0464.png

• Like 1

18th hole. First round of the year a couple weeks ago.  It was 340 downhill with the wind.   After pushing one towards the OB driving range, I teed up another one and told my friend I was going to hit this one as hard as I could.   My full- send swing resulted in a slight drop-kick... but it was high and far and straight... took a few bounces and rolled onto the green.   I followed this beautiful drive with a 3 putt par!

• Like 1

TM Sim 2 Max 9*

TM M1 3w

Ping Crossover 2 iron

Mizuno CLK 19* 

Callaway X-forged UT 21

Nike VR Pro Combo 5-9 iron

Vokey 46, 52, 58

Scotty Cameron x12

I had another (first scrambling par allowed me to match the low round for my Division 4 flight tournament last year and eventually win the sudden death playoff for my first tournament win in division 4)

(link:

great scrambling Par on the 18th hole at Bethpage State Park's Red Course playing with my wife's cousin, Luigi.

Mishit my drive that came off as a duck hook left into the left fairway bunker about 190 yards away from the pin.

Ball was in a good lie in the middle of the sand trap but with a 4 foot high berm rising from the left center of the sand trap partially blocking the path of the ball to the green.

I used my Cleveland Utility Wood to hit a clean second shot from the fairway bunker that reached the front fringe of the green between the left and front greenside bunkers. 

Third shot chip using 9 iron landed above the hole.

Closed the round with a great 8+ foot long downhill straight putt on Hole # 18 to save Par.

Edited by Golfbit2X

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

• 4 weeks later...

320 yard par 4 slightly downhill during a work sponsored scramble.  Let my teammates hit first.  Nobody was even close to the green.  Striped a drive straight at the pin, stopping 20’ short.  Again, no one made their putt, so I calmly stepped up and dropped it for the eagle. (And an $80 skin split four ways)

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS 9.5 driver x-flex

Srixon ZX Mk II 3 wood stiff

Taylormade Stealth II 2 hybrid x-flex

Srixon ZX-7 4-6 irons stiff

Srixon Z-Forged II 7-PW stiff

Cleveland ZipCore Tour raw wedges 52/56/60

TM Spider GT-X putter

XXIO premium bag on MGI Zip AT cart

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball

On 4/27/2023 at 5:15 PM, Golfbit2X said:

I had another (first scrambling par allowed me to match the low round for my Division 4 flight tournament last year and eventually win the sudden death playoff for my first tournament win in division 4)

(link:

great scrambling Par on the 18th hole at Bethpage State Park's Red Course playing with my wife's cousin, Luigi.

Mishit my drive that came off as a duck hook left into the left fairway bunker about 190 yards away from the pin.

Ball was in a good lie in the middle of the sand trap but with a 4 foot high berm rising from the left center of the sand trap partially blocking the path of the ball to the green.

I used my Cleveland Utility Wood to hit a clean second shot from the fairway bunker that reached the front fringe of the green between the left and front greenside bunkers. 

Third shot chip using 9 iron landed above the hole.

Closed the round with a great 8+ foot long downhill straight putt on Hole # 18 to save Par.

On 4/27/2023 at 5:15 PM, Golfbit2X said:

I'm scratching my previous best shot of my life with this crazy and lucky one from one of my league tournaments at the Village Club of Lake Success last May 22, 2023.

I was in a sudden death play-off at hole # 1. Here's the blow-by-blow account:

- First shot using 3 Wood landed in the rough but the ball was partially sitting up, short of the right side fairway bunker. 
         - Second shot with a 7 iron was pulled left to the left side rough, about 100 yards away.
         - Third shot was a mishit again, a thin shot that came out hot and would have landed over the geen. I was fortunate that the ball hit a tree branch about 50 yards from the front of the green and ricochet straight down onto the apron exactly 31 yards away from the pin. 
         - Fourth shot using a 9 iron was a perfect chip shot that rolled into the hole for a Birdie gave me the win! 
         - NOTE #1: My competitor was already on the green about 25+ feet away above the hole laying three and had a 25+ feet downhill Birdie putt. His attempted Birdie putt to tie ended up 3 feet short of the hole.

- NOTE #2: I'm a walker and always make it a point to walk instead of riding golf carts. Unfortunately, I've been experiencing cramps on my right leg calf the past couple of tournaments this year and it happened again in this tournament so I had to ride my competitor's golf cart for the play-off.   

- NOTE #3: I was able to help my competitor find his ball as he had sliced his drive into the right rough.

• Like 1

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

I have hit some monstrous drives that amazed me as I'm sure many on here have done so. Last month I drove a dog leg right 320 yrd. par 4 and made an eagle ....then My last 2 rounds on the very last hole of the round I got an Eagle 100 yds. away with my Gap Wedge on my 2nd shot. Then today the last hole I hit a 200 + yds. with my 5 iron on a par 5 and putted for my eagle. 2 eagles in 2 days and both on the last hole. What a crazy game we play.  3 Eagles in less than a month.  Probably won't see one in another 2-3 years Lol!

Edited by Tiptx1122

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Getting ready for an upcoming tournament I was playing mixed tees to try and work on driving accuracy.(If blues landing zone was 70 yards wide and whites were 40 I’d move up to whites) I get to a 315 yard par 4 from the whites and my dad says I should play the whites and try to keep it within the confines of the green. We have very small greens at my home course. I hit my drive right at the flag and it one hopped and dunked right in the cup for a hole in one on a par 4. I was in the local paper for it too!

• Like 1

I played with my Dad and his group of friends every Saturday morning for years at 7:15am.  Sometimes it was a little rough going as I liked going to the tavern on Friday nights after work but I rarely missed a tee time.

We pulled up to the 7th tee one beautiful summer Sat morning, a 170y par 3.  A nice older gentlemen was mowing the surrounding area and he stopped his mower and chatted us up before we teed off.  He said he saw a hole-in-one on this hole a few weeks earlier.  I was just joking with him saying ok are you ready to see another one?  I hit a very pure 7 iron, the kind where you barely feel the impact.  It was going just left of the flag, took a small slope and went in the hole.  It was pretty damn funny and entertaining, I thought the older guy was going to fall over for a minute he was in such shock.  The only thing that really sucked about it was my Dad was out of town for work that weekend so he didn’t get to witness and celebrate it with me.

Edited by kmbean
  • Like 2

Once a year I hit a shot that wows my playing partners beyond belief.

I've been playing golf since about1965 - oh, I don't have time to list them all.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

500 yard par 5. Mis hit my driver off the tee, was in the middle of the fairway but shorter than normal. I pulled my 3 wood and hit a fantastic shot. I go to where I think it is, it's not there. I get mad huff and puff. Complain how I can't believe that I can't find a ball in the middle of the fairway. After my playing partner hit's his approach we walk to green to find my ball 1/2 inch from the hole for a tap in eagle. The only other best shots have been on a par 3 with water to carry. Every time I have shot my pb, this hole is always a foot or two from an ace. 

Today certainly ranks up there for an ace. Par 3, playing 154 yards, 9 iron off the tee - fairly flat trajectory but right on my distance. Played this pin position a few weeks back and felt like I wanted to hug it onto the bank on the left and roll it down. See it bounce on the bank, and figured its either trickled on or shot through the green. Get down there and can't find it and the guy on the 4th tee nearby is watching, doesn't say a thing - I'm searching wondering where the hell it is, think, oh I should just check it isn't in the hole...while I'll be. He didn't want to spoil it for me ;). Played terrible the rest of the round, but won't forget that one. 

Thinking about this, It's sad that I don't think I know really. I do remember this one shot during a high school tournament, I hit a HUUUGE high cut 3 wood around these trees and just wanted to come up short of the green and have a little pitch in. I pured it like I've never pured a shot before, cut it and hugged the tree line perfect and ended up going in for eagle. It was beautiful. Too bad I didn't get to see in go in, the tree line really wrapped around and I couldn't see the green.

• Like 2

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

It was a blind shot 250+ 3 wood with a slight draw from the fairway that ended hole high about 30 yards right of the green. It wasn’t necessarily the length but the feel of that shot coming off a wooden wood. I can remember it like yesterday and it was in the late 1980s . I’ve had eagles from the fairway and rough on par 4s but they never measured up to that one shot. 

Never thought then I’d have to explain the term wood. 

Edited by NoTalentLefty

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

250ish out on a par 5 and I hit it to about 3 inches for a tap in eagle. 

I also hit it directly into the hole on a par 3 but it bounced out. 20ish years of golf and still searching for my first ace. 

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi 60TX

Fairway: PING G425 SFT | Diamana 'ahina 80X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 | Dynamic Gold TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB