2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

NFL Weekly Picks 2023

touch

33 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One of the reasons GB fans can be way beyond annoying. They went from one HOF QB to another HOF QB. They should be thanking the Football Gods for the next 50 years because too many other teams haven't have one franchise QB let alone HOF QB since Favre became a starter in GB. As a Bears fan I appreciated Rodgers talent but never liked the guy. Watching him on Hard Knocks and no longer a rival, he seems like he has matured and I am all in to see him play to his potential and bring back some success to a city that really needs it. 

One would think fans of highly successful franchises should just be grateful for what they had when the run ends. Unfortunately that’s not how it works. Fans get use to winning, jaded, spoiled etc. Saw it (see it) all too clearly here with the SF Giants and 9ers.

Edited by TiScape

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

One would think fans of highly successful franchises should just be grateful for what they had when the run ends. Unfortunately that’s not how it works. Fans get use to winning, jaded, spoiled etc. Saw it (see it) all too clearly here with the SF Giants and 9ers.

... Yea, there are Bears fans still comparing any current team to the '85 Bears. It's one thing for a great defense to hold a bad team to -18 yds in the first half but unheard of to hold a Super Bowl opponent to negative yards for a half. Thats a once in a lifetime defense that will never be equaled and comparing any team to that defense is just begging for constant disappointment. Trying to tell Dose F****n' Guyz the rules were also radically different for defenses in '85 just falls on deaf Da Bearz ears. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Hot take 🔥 

Dak is not an elite QB. Can we plz acting like he is. 

... True, but so few are. Dak is in the category just below Elite QBs that put their team in a catch 22. It is very difficult to find a QB better than a Dak or Cousins. But chances are they won't win the big games all on their own when needed. We just see so many QBs in the NFL come and go putting their franchises in limbo and I think it is by far the hardest thing to predict in all of sports. As a Bears fan that desperately needs a franchise QB, I don't wanna trade for Dak or Cousins but if they were already on the team I wouldn't wanna see them traded away either, unless there was someone better available.

... This next draft will be crazy interesting as I think the best 2 QB's in as far back as I can remember will be available with Maye and Williams.  Right now my two favorite teams, Bears and Cardinals are projected to have top 5 picks and it would be beyond my wildest dreams to have both of them playing for my teams. So yea, bye bye Murry and Fields. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... True, but so few are. Dak is in the category just below Elite QBs that put their team in a catch 22. It is very difficult to find a QB better than a Dak or Cousins. But chances are they won't win the big games all on their own when needed. We just see so many QBs in the NFL come and go putting their franchises in limbo and I think it is by far the hardest thing to predict in all of sports. As a Bears fan that desperately needs a franchise QB, I don't wanna trade for Dak or Cousins but if they were already on the team I wouldn't wanna see them traded away either, unless there was someone better available.

... This next draft will be crazy interesting as I think the best 2 QB's in as far back as I can remember will be available with Maye and Williams.  Right now my two favorite teams, Bears and Cardinals are projected to have top 5 picks and it would be beyond my wildest dreams to have both of them playing for my teams. So yea, bye bye Murry and Fields. 

Absolutely right. Jus bcs so few are, doesn’t mean we should treat him like he is. But I get it. Bcs so few are, ppl/the media, have to hype up the slightly above middle of the pack guys like Dak. Definitely helps he’s a Cowboy 🤠 🙄

*will say my hot take was inspired by a 10min feature ESPN jus did on Dak. I’m like, who outside of Cowboys fans cares how Dak prepares to battle the league for the most INTs?! 😂 

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

Gonna add, it was obvious Jones didn’t want to extend him, but bcs of exactly what you eluded to above, didn’t have much of a choice. 

• Like 1

I can’t find a video, but Marcus Spears had a great analogy on Jerry Jones not discussing the Lance trade with Dak. He said it’s like bringing another woman home. You tell your wife you love her, but this woman is moving in.

Too funny!

But you guys are right about Dak. I’ve been a Cowboys fan since the late 60s/early 70s and I can admit that Dak is middle of the pack at best. There’s a reason he went in the 4th round. He has games where he looks like a world beater, and then games where he looks like he’s never taken a snap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I can’t find a video, but Marcus Spears had a great analogy on Jerry Jones not discussing the Lance trade with Dak. He said it’s like bringing another woman home. You tell your wife you love her, but this woman is moving in.

Too funny!

... It should be easy for the Owner/GM/HC. Just be honest with your QB and say we believe competition makes every one better so we are bringing in Lance and expect you to up your game and stop the competition before it starts. OR we don't know what the future holds and we are bringing in Lance to address any needs we may have down the road. You are still OUR GUY but as always staying OUR GUY is in your hands so play like we know you can. 

... If your QB is too weak emotionally to handle competition he shouldn't be in the NFL anyway. These are grown men and this is their job. I know we are only getting snap shot in Hard Knocks but Wilson just seems like an immature frat boy that just isn't too bright to begin with. The difference in attitude and how they handle themselves away from the field is night and day with him and Rodgers. 

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... It should be easy for the Owner/GM/HC. Just be honest with your QB and say we believe competition makes every one better so we are bringing in Lance and expect you to up your game and stop the competition before it starts. OR we don't know what the future holds and we are bringing in Lance to address any needs we may have down the road. You are still OUR GUY but as always staying OUR GUY is in your hands so play like we know you can. 

... If your QB is too weak emotionally to handle competition he shouldn't be in the NFL anyway. These are grown men and this is their job. I know we are only getting snap shot in Hard Knocks but Wilson just seems like an immature frat boy that just isn't too bright to begin with. The difference in attitude and how they handle themselves away from the field is night and day with him and Rodgers. 

I think it will take at least a year and possibly more to get Lance ready for prime time.  He and Dak actually are friends.  Dak reached out to him about his injury and helped him rehab.  This was before the trade happened.  So unless Dak falls off a cliff I doubt that you will see Lance this year.

VINTAGE NERF FOOTBALL Parker Brothers Sealed in Original Packaging Red and  White $299.99 - PicClick

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

23 minutes ago, doctoro said:

I think it will take at least a year and possibly more to get Lance ready for prime time.  He and Dak actually are friends.  Dak reached out to him about his injury and helped him rehab.  This was before the trade happened.  So unless Dak falls off a cliff I doubt that you will see Lance this year.

... I don't see Lance ever being ready for the NFL. You simply can't teach poise in the pocket or the ability to effortlessly go through progressions. Sure you can get better at both of those but the guys that come into the league with stable feet/minds have a much easier time moving from one read to the next and my guess is if they wore a heart rate monitor it wouldn't change much from the 1st to the 3rd read. But with guys like Lance and Trubisky I think you would see a big jump if their primary read isn't open and then jump exponentially from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. I saw more than a few QB's have that problem going from high school to college and the huge jump from college to the NFL probably makes the HS to college jump seem like a baby step in comparison. 

... But I have been wrong about QB's in the past and maybe Lance surprises me. 

• Like 2

My problem with Trey Lance is the complete lack of experience.  Since he graduated high school until now he has thrown like 450 passes total in a game.  Last year Tom Brady threw something like 675 last season,  if he didn’t have the poise in the pocket because he played for a crappy college team, maybe you could say he can develop, but I just don’t see it.  The more I see these guys come out after 1 or 2 seasons, get thrown into the action, the more QBs will fail,  Bill Parcells was right, a QB should have 30+ games of starting experience in college before playing in the NFL. 

• Like 3

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I don't see Lance ever being ready for the NFL. You simply can't teach poise in the pocket or the ability to effortlessly go through progressions. Sure you can get better at both of those but the guys that come into the league with stable feet/minds have a much easier time moving from one read to the next and my guess is if they wore a heart rate monitor it wouldn't change much from the 1st to the 3rd read. But with guys like Lance and Trubisky I think you would see a big jump if their primary read isn't open and then jump exponentially from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. I saw more than a few QB's have that problem going from high school to college and the huge jump from college to the NFL probably makes the HS to college jump seem like a baby step in comparison. 

... But I have been wrong about QB's in the past and maybe Lance surprises me. 

Shanahan who knows QBs, saw all he needed to of Trey and was willing to take a big loss to move on. So I agree with what you said. Just doesn’t have “it”. 

• Like 3

Well @chisag recently mentioned one of my favorite QB's Charlie Brown Captain Kirk.

The boys that have been in our NFL group for multiple seasons harass me often for my support of #8 in purple, and I am used to it. 

I haven't mentioned my Michigan (State Go Green) brother yet this season so I thought it only fitting that I make my first post regarding "You Like That? !" on page 8.

I am pulling for Cousins the Vikes to have another solid season. 

SKOL !

Pin on Sports Svg

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, touch said:

Well @chisag recently mentioned one of my favorite QB's Charlie Brown Captain Kirk.

The boys that have been in our NFL group for multiple seasons harass me often for my support of #8 in purple, and I am used to it. 

I haven't mentioned my Michigan (State Go Green) brother yet this season so I thought it only fitting that I make my first post regarding "You Like That? !" on page 8.

I am pulling for Cousins the Vikes to have another solid season. 

SKOL !

Pin on Sports Svg

I noticed while watching the Netflix series ‘Quarterback’ that Kirk’s hairline is no longer receding and has actually proceeded! 😂 

• Haha 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I email plays to coach Caroll all the time.  I haven't heard back from him since we won the Super Bowl, and he used my play to score an early safety. 😁

Ohhh, so that was you that called that pick play pass to blow SB XLIX instead of jus handing the ball to Lynch! 

🤣

IMG_4180.jpeg

Edited by TiScape

Watching GMF and they are talking about Taylor Swift possibly doing the next SB halftime show. They are acting like it would be a dream come true. I disagree. The best SB performers are the acts that have super high energy and can also dance. The likes of Prince, MJ and Bruno Mars come to mind. Just not feeling this whole “Swifty” craze 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

Watching GMF and they are talking about Taylor Swift possibly doing the next SB halftime show. They are acting like it would be a dream come true. I disagree. The best SB performers are the acts that have super high energy and can also dance. The likes of Prince, MJ and Bruno Mars come to mind. Just not feeling this whole “Swifty” craze 🤷🏼‍♂️

... Since I don't FF through commercials, halftime is a chance to catch up on food, take a bathroom break, some non football conversation to whatever needs attention so don't care who it is. I have probably heard more complaints about SB halftime shows from the get off my lawn crowd than anything else they complain about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Since I don't FF through commercials, halftime is a chance to catch up on food, take a bathroom break, some non football conversation to whatever needs attention so don't care who it is. I have probably heard more complaints about SB halftime shows from the get off my lawn crowd than anything else they complain about. 

😂 no doubt. I know they love to complain about anything and everything, but the SB HT show seems to take a real pounding. Thinking who would they not complain about… 🤔 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Who watches the halftime show? I haven't in at least 15 years. I could care less who is performing every year. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, touch said:

Who watches the halftime show? I haven't in at least 15 years. I could care less who is performing every year. 

Well if you don’t than who does right?! 😂 

That seems to be an internet phenomenon. If you do something I don’t, you’re wrong 😑 

😂😂😂

And the answer is, over 100 million ppl t! 😜

20 minutes ago, TiScape said:

😂 no doubt. I know they love to complain about anything and everything, but the SB HT show seems to take a real pounding. Thinking who would they not complain about… 🤔 

... An old conservative friend of mine back in Chicago hated any of the "Hip Hop Thug" halftime shows and couldn't understand why they didn't have acts like Tom Petty every year. 🤣 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... An old conservative friend of mine back in Chicago hated any of the "Hip Hop Thug" halftime shows and couldn't understand why they didn't have acts like Tom Petty every year. 🤣 

Too funny. I was thinking a country performer/band??? 
Seems every Monday after the game I’ll b at the gym talking about the game and eventually the HT show comes up. I’ll be like, I thought The Weeknd/Rihanna etc was pretty entertaining. 9x out of 10 I’ll hear “oh man, it was awful” 🤣 I’m just easy/really positive and have such a wide range of musical tastes tho. Definitely typically in the minority in that regard. 

There is a list of the last few performers. 

None of them were of any interest to me. 

2023: Rihanna

2022: Eminem, Dr. Dre. Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and Mary J. Blige

2021: The Weeknd

2020: Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Emme Muniz

2019: Maroon 5, Travis Scott, Big Boi

2018: Justin Timberlake, The Tennessee Kids

2017: Lady Gaga

2016: Coldplay, Beyonce, Bruno Mars

2015: Katy Perry, Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott

2014: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers

2013: Beyonce

2012: Madonna

2011: The Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Slash

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, touch said:

There is a list of the last few performers. 

None of them were of any interest to me. 

2023: Rihanna

2022: Eminem, Dr. Dre. Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and Mary J. Blige

2021: The Weeknd

2020: Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Emme Muniz

2019: Maroon 5, Travis Scott, Big Boi

2018: Justin Timberlake, The Tennessee Kids

2017: Lady Gaga

2016: Coldplay, Beyonce, Bruno Mars

2015: Katy Perry, Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott

2014: Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers

2013: Beyonce

2012: Madonna

2011: The Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Slash

I like songs from all of em 🤷🏼‍♂️

As they say. Thankfully we are all different or the world would be a really boring place 😊

OK, the only shows I dislike are the rap shows.  And it isn't even the song, its the delivery in the venue.  Invariably this band is playing a stadium and facing the short way.  So now you have a rapper rapping (probably quickly) in front of a bass driven beat that's reverberating too quickly and you cant hear the words, the outgoing beat is distorted by the reverberated last note and it is just a messy sound.

• Like 1