Full Swing Kit v Flightscope Mevo Plus

I'm considering FSK and Mevo Plus as personal launch monitors for outdoor range use. Price is comparable after Mevo Plus' Pro package. 

I'm wondering what your experience has been using either or both of these launch monitors. Mevo Plus offers more data points and visualization but I've heard FSK has better tech and is more accurate.. your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

4 hours ago, joyboy said:

I'm considering FSK and Mevo Plus as personal launch monitors for outdoor range use. Price is comparable after Mevo Plus' Pro package. 

I'm wondering what your experience has been using either or both of these launch monitors. Mevo Plus offers more data points and visualization but I've heard FSK has better tech and is more accurate.. your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

I haven’t compared the two, but I use the Mevo+ outdoors and it’s been excellent. 

6 hours ago, joyboy said:

You can get M+ with Pro Package significantly cheaper than FSK. Almost $2k cheaper. For outdoor use only I do think FSK would be a bit more accurate and easier to set up / use. 

Long story short I did a lot of listing the "pros and cons" of the Mevo+ with all add-ons, BLP, and the FSK over the last half of 2023.  My use case was outdoors into a net with plenty of space for readings, on the range for practice and during tournament warm up, and while playing practice rounds.  I currently don't play sim golf so it wasn't a concern. 

The FSK won hands down for my use case except for the price. I was about to overlook the setup requirements of needing to level the device and having to be connected to my phone or iPad due to the price difference.  Then I saw the FSK dropped price to 3,500 during Christmas so I went that direction instead.  It's pretty damn nice to just sit this device down and start hitting balls without the app. It self levels and the screen is nice and bright.  The app is really polished IMO compared to Flightscope as well.  

1 hour ago, wfrogge1 said:

Long story short I did a lot of listing the "pros and cons" of the Mevo+ with all add-ons, BLP, and the FSK over the last half of 2023.  My use case was outdoors into a net with plenty of space for readings, on the range for practice and during tournament warm up, and while playing practice rounds.  I currently don't play sim golf so it wasn't a concern. 

The FSK won hands down for my use case except for the price. I was about to overlook the setup requirements of needing to level the device and having to be connected to my phone or iPad due to the price difference.  Then I saw the FSK dropped price to 3,500 during Christmas so I went that direction instead.  It's pretty damn nice to just sit this device down and start hitting balls without the app. It self levels and the screen is nice and bright.  The app is really polished IMO compared to Flightscope as well.  

Congrats. Be interested to see how you get on with it.  How much space do you have unit to ball and ball to net during limited flight? For any kind of limited flight situation I really question spending the extra to get FSK. I think M+ is FSK’s equal there and maybe even has it beat with all the data on offer.  For unlimited flight FSK is above M+ by some margin though as it tracks full flight. 

2 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

FSK beat out the BLP during practice rounds?

How?

11 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

I saw it at 4000 but never at 3500

12 hours ago, kiddoc said:

FSK beat out the BLP during practice rounds?

How?

I can turn the FSK on, sit it behind me on the tee box or fairway, and swing away never worrying about if its going to not work because it wants to "phone home" over the internet. It's also smaller (marginally easier to transport while playing) and giving me data on the ball until it lands versus camera data of the ball at impact.  The FSK app experience is better for this use case of using it before and during a round is better as well. 

Edited by wfrogge1
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 2:35 AM, joyboy said:

When I begain shopping, I looked at just about every unit.  Here were my thoughts that led me to purchasing the FSK.  While I don't have any Mevo Plus comparions.   I did have the original MEVO.  And I was a bit concerned about all the set up and reconfiguring to get accurate data.  The FSK, is set it down turn it on and begin yuour session. 

I recently researched all the current top tier personal launch monitors out there.   Did a deep dive on The following

Full Swing Kit 

Bushnell Launch Pro

Golfzon  Wave 

MEVO+ 

MLM2Pro (currently own)

Garmin R10 (currently own)

I spent hours over several weeks reading and watching reviews and talking to current owners  

One of the first things you have to decide is   Are you going to use it more outside or inside.   For me it will be primarily outside on the range  and on course.   That is where most of the use of my two current models have been used.  I did some inside simulator last winter but not a lot   

As you probably know there are two types of systems, Radar based-MEVO+ -MLM2 - R10 and Full Swing and the OG Trackman are radar based.  They have different types of radar but they all follow the entire flight of the ball. Which makes them great for outdoors.

Camera based are Bushnell Launch Pro -GC3-Snytrack+ and the top of the line GC Quad.  They use a varied amount of cameras to take extremely high speed pictures  from the side view of the ball just after impact.  They can also pick up the club-head just before impact. They use those images to calculate all the metrics of the shot.   Since they don’t and can’t track the ball flight they are best used indoors where the ball flight is limited.   

However they can both be used effectively inside or outside with the proper setups.  Radar systems typically ally need the Callaway balls that are designed for the MLM2 and Titleist makes a Radar Capture Technology ball that is able to track enough spin data in the 8-10 feet of indoor flight to calculate some pretty accurate data  

So that’s the two systems.  You will need to evaluate for yourself which would work best for your

i decided on the Full Swing Kit   .  

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

13 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Congrats. Be interested to see how you get on with it.  How much space do you have unit to ball and ball to net during limited flight? For any kind of limited flight situation I really question spending the extra to get FSK. I think M+ is FSK’s equal there and maybe even has it beat with all the data on offer.  For unlimited flight FSK is above M+ by some margin though as it tracks full flight. 

I have as much space as I want between the FSK and my ball and to the net.  Have tested it as close as 6ft (from FSK to ball and ball to net) with and without an RCT ball with no issues but tend to keep it at 8ft.

1 minute ago, caligolfer2103 said:

@wfrogge1 just curious, when hitting into a net with FSK, have you found that using an RCT ball gives more accurate readings? I haven't tried it but am curious if worth buying some. Thanks!

Without an RCT ball I notice 1 out of 20 shots might have a wonky spin number. With an RCT ball it improves to where if I hit 50 shots I will at worst have only 1 shot off.   Wish I had a camera until (BLP or Uneekor) to test side by side but it seems accurate. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, wfrogge1 said:

I have as much space as I want between the FSK and my ball and to the net.  Have tested it as close as 6ft (from FSK to ball and ball to net) with and without an RCT ball with no issues but tend to keep it at 8ft.

I thought FSK recommended 10 from unit to ball? Sounds like that is more of a guideline.

Nice that you have so much space to the net. The issue with radar units in limited flight is that if you put a net 10-12 feet or more away from the ball to help with driver reads then you might sky a wedge over the net entirely. Probably doesn’t apply to you since you don’t really play sim golf. 

2 hours ago, Dan13 said:

I thought FSK recommended 10 from unit to ball? Sounds like that is more of a guideline.

Nice that you have so much space to the net. The issue with radar units in limited flight is that if you put a net 10-12 feet or more away from the ball to help with driver reads then you might sky a wedge over the net entirely. Probably doesn’t apply to you since you don’t really play sim golf. 

image.jpeg.311f0b04571332626fbe89518dbe19ce.jpeg

3 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

I can turn the FSK on, sit it behind me on the tee box or fairway, and swing away never worrying about if its going to not work because it wants to "phone home" over the internet. It's also smaller (marginally easier to transport while playing) and giving me data on the ball until it lands versus camera data of the ball at impact.  The FSK app experience is better for this use case of using it before and during a round is better as well. 

Interesting experience….i have no clue what “phone home” means…you hit the ball, and the display shows you the results instantly.

Data from this camera system has been tested and proven as accurate as any system available

I I think that’s why you see so many pros with Foresight units on the course, during practice rounds.

4 hours ago, OakLawnGolfPro said:

I've used both, both indoors and outdoors, FSK has come a long way in performance, but Mevo+ is still better IMO and it's cheaper.  I hit with it and Trackman 4 simultaneously and the numbers are identical.

Is that outdoors? Is M+ as accurate in outdoor range setting as indoors? How is the setup?

4 hours ago, kiddoc said:

Interesting experience….i have no clue what “phone home” means…you hit the ball, and the display shows you the results instantly.

Data from this camera system has been tested and proven as accurate as any system available

I I think that’s why you see so many pros with Foresight units on the course, during practice rounds.

If you want to use the BLP with an app you will need to connect to the internet every 45 days. You can do this before you leave for the course.... of course.   You see many pros with GCquads, GC3s, Trackman, and now FSKs.  They are all good, not trying to get into a contest about who is the best. 

12 hours ago, wfrogge1 said:

If you want to use the BLP with an app you will need to connect to the internet every 45 days. You can do this before you leave for the course.... of course.   You see many pros with GCquads, GC3s, Trackman, and now FSKs.  They are all good, not trying to get into a contest about who is the best. 

I only commented because you said FSK was better on course.

When it comes to on course use, no one is using apps and devices, they use the screen.

1 hour ago, kiddoc said:

When it comes to on course use, no one is using apps and devices, they use the screen.

The biggest pro for the FSK for range/course use is that it's radar versus camera based. I don't know of a single person where if all things are equal price wise would pick a camera based unit over radar for range/course use, I know I wouldn't.  If I was going to use the unit for sim play or had less space with my net I would edge towards the BLP or Uneekor but then we would get into a debate about the yearly fees 😉 

Edited by wfrogge1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, wfrogge1 said:

The biggest pro for the FSK for range/course use is that it's radar versus camera based. I don't know of a single person where if all things are equal price wise would pick a camera based unit over radar for range/course use, I know I wouldn't.  If I was going to use the unit for sim play or had less space with my net I would edge towards the BLP or Uneekor but then we would get into a debate about the yearly fees 😉 

Really?

They literally have hundreds of pics of pros on the course and range with Quads……….

IMG_6118.png

The ability of Trackman to provide actual carry and normalized carry (excluding wind influence) is an advantage. Flightscope is bringing their environmental optimizer software to Mevo plus later this year which should be able to do the same thing.  Pretty cool for a LM at its price point to be able to show you how different environmental conditions impact your carry numbers. 

1 hour ago, kiddoc said:

Really?

They literally have hundreds of pics of pros on the course and range with Quads……….

IMG_6118.png

That picture is a little deceptive. Most if not all of those units were provided by Foresight at that tournament (and others) for the players to use for free as a marketing and buy-in strategy.

There are definitely more Trackman's setup behind PGA tour players than Quads at most events. Some players use both, the ball data from the Quad and the actual flight and real-world carry numbers from the Trackman. A huge drawback for camera units is the inability to factor in the current real-world conditions in the ball flight while Trackman and other radar systems see everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mgoblue83 said:

That picture is a little deceptive. Most if not all of those units were provided by Foresight at that tournament (and others) for the players to use for free as a marketing and buy-in strategy.

There are definitely more Trackman's setup behind PGA tour players than Quads at most events. Some players use both, the ball data from the Quad and the actual flight and real-world carry numbers from the Trackman. A huge drawback for camera units is the inability to factor in the current real-world conditions in the ball flight while Trackman and other radar systems see everything. 

This conversation began with a question about on course…then went to including the range, and now back on course.

These pros don’t know about the “huge drawback”.

IMG_6116.png

IMG_6113.png

IMG_6112.png

IMG_6111.png

IMG_6109.png

IMG_6107.png

9 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

This conversation began with a question about on course…then went to including the range, and now back on course.

These pros don’t know about the “huge drawback”.

IMG_6116.png

IMG_6113.png

IMG_6112.png

IMG_6111.png

IMG_6109.png

IMG_6107.png

I'm not sure what you are getting at? Foresight provides normalized ball data. It does not and cannot take into account things like temperature, moisture and wind. 

Secondly, all of the pictures you posted are directly from the Foresight marketing team. If you have ever been to a tour event you will see way more Trackmans than Quads.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mgoblue83 said:

I'm not sure what you are getting at? Foresight provides normalized ball data. It does not and cannot take into account things like temperature, moisture and wind. 

Secondly, all of the pictures you posted are directly from the Foresight marketing team. If you have ever been to a tour event you will see way more Trackmans than Quads.

I’ll try one last time……

For on course use during PGA practice rounds you will see Foresight, not Trackman.

The photos showed there apparently is no “huge drawback” for camera tech on the course. The pros wouldn’t use it on the course if there was.

Finally, most, including the Finau pick, came from players or coaches posts, NOT Foresight.

They of course reposted them.

Need more examples?

Camera systems on the course have a couple of advantages:

1) Drop and go. On board screen. No alignment setup if you’re not worried about horizontal angles or club data. 

2) The “closed” camera system will give you normalized ball data to hit a target being affected by factors such as slope and wind, aka I need a 175 yard shot for this 135 yard uphill into the wind par 3. 

8 hours ago, kiddoc said:

For on course use during PGA practice rounds you will see Foresight, not Trackman.

This is accurate for the last two events I went to in 2023. While there were many pros with double setups (GCQ and Trackman) on the range, the majority of single LM pros had a GCQ sitting next to their balls.

Was also at a practice round prior to one of the tournaments and I’d say 70% of the pros we saw on the course had a GC4. Granted we didn’t see everyone so take that percentage with a grain of salt. Even if they weren’t dropping it down every shot someone on their team was walking around with the bag. 

Obviously warming up with both on the range is the best of both worlds but I saw way more Foresight bags than Trackman sleeves at both events. 

Edited by ENedo

On 2/6/2024 at 8:58 AM, kiddoc said:

I absolutely use the FSK app in my iPad when I’m on the range and on course practice.   I’m able to get dispersion into and immediate video playback.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35"