Wilson Golf Product Testing and Fitting Experience @ Pinehurst | Following Along Here

I can’t get over how amazing this experience was for all you guys!  Wilson is doing an incredible job of trying to get their equipment out there and this event is only helping their cause.  This is going to be one of those experiences you never forget.  

Outside if the equipment, they have made this quiet push on their clothing as well and they look really great!

Kudos to all the members that were part of such an incredible experience.  Hopefully, Wilson continues to push the envelope with their marketing team.

• Like 2

Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x 

Srixon   ZxU mkii 4i   Modus Ghost Stiff 

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

Wish we had more pictures. I saw someone asking why they didn’t get putters. Heck, I’d think by now some of the folks who got all that merch would send pictures of something other than dinner and a fairway. The bags are awesome BTW. Love that Wilson’s getting the respect it deserves.

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

9 minutes ago, Steve o said:

Wish we had more pictures. I saw someone asking why they didn’t get putters. Heck, I’d think by now some of the folks who got all that merch would send pictures of something other than dinner and a fairway. The bags are awesome BTW. Love that Wilson’s getting the respect it deserves.

What else would you like to see? Happy to upload/take some more. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

I’d love to see more shots of what the guys got in their bags. Not much conversation or pictures of the woods. Interested in the DPForged and the ZM wedges. Didn’t mean to be critical but expected to see more shots of guys hitting shots, the swag and more of all I guess 

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

49 minutes ago, Steve o said:

From someone who has been on one of these trips. The itinerary is jam packed and very little time to get a lot of fittings and education part in.  

I believe they first saw snd got their clubs (unexpectedly so) on the range the morning of the round and day of departure.  Thats a lot to digest just before a big round. 

Also during the rounds it’s really tough to concentrate and keep up the pace while worrying about posting.  Which is also usually complicated by sketchy wireless service in some remote areas which Pinehurst definitely is. 

Also upon returning home real life, wife, kids and work backlogs await.  

While participating in forum activity during the trip is expected.  It can bd very hard to meet the expectations of those of is sitting around our computers or phones all day wanting more 😬

I think they did a great job and of course welcome any additional WITB pics they want ti share when time permits. 

• Like 4

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

From someone who has been on one of these trips. The itinerary is jam packed and very little time to get a lot of fittings and education part in.  

I believe they first saw snd got their clubs (unexpectedly so) on the range the morning of the round and day of departure.  Thats a lot to digest just before a big round. 

Also during the rounds it’s really tough to concentrate and keep up the pace while worrying about posting.  Which is also usually complicated by sketchy wireless service in some remote areas which Pinehurst definitely is. 

Also upon returning home real life, wife, kids and work backlogs await.  

While participating in forum activity during the trip is expected.  It can bd very hard to meet the expectations of those of is sitting around our computers or phones all day wanting more 😬

I think they did a great job and of course welcome any additional WITB pics they want ti share when time permits. 

I read: “winning these incredible prizes is hard work”. 

IMG_6669.jpeg
Totally just playin’ CG2! 😂🍻

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

I read: “winning these incredible prizes is hard work”. 

IMG_6669.jpeg

image.gif.71bd405cd7d50cd81ad0b00678a908a5.gif

LOL!  They are a lot of fun. But they can also be exhausting.  I was lucky our trip was 3 days and 4 nights.  But still on the go from early AM to late night BS sessions. 

BTW that was like 11 years ago, so I’m totally rested up for another opportunity.  Just sayin 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vokey

32 minutes ago, Steve o said:

I’d love to see more shots of what the guys got in their bags. Not much conversation or pictures of the woods. Interested in the DPForged and the ZM wedges. Didn’t mean to be critical but expected to see more shots of guys hitting shots, the swag and more of all I guess 

There’s going to be a video made with the shots. I can take DP Forged and wedge pics though. I’ll get some, and some wood pics up in maybe a half hour or so. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Steve o said:

Try to remember we don’t have our final set…or at least I don’t.  I have a split set of CB and Dynapower forged …but they are split in the wrong place and wrong shaft.  Also the woods are changing.  
You may recall we were all fit about 800 miles from the Wilson HQ.  There is no way they could have had all of the possible head and shaft combinations we would be fit for.

My plan is to post pictures of those clubs when they arrive.  In addition much of the swag is in my previous golf bag-which is headed to me on UPS from Pinehurst.

That said, if you need more pics of the irons or woods just let us know.  If you want to know more about the incredible fitting tool- Wilson Fit AI- you can see it here:

https://www.wilson.com/en-us/explore/golf/golf-fit-ai

• Like 4

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

23 minutes ago, TM golf guy said:

There’s going to be a video made with the shots. I can take DP Forged and wedge pics though. I’ll get some, and some wood pics up in maybe a half hour or so. 

Oh yeah. I forgot about the big video production team you all mentioned was there.  That should be interesting 

• Like 1

Vokey

Everything looks amazing from this trip! Thanks for the updates a long the way! And what a gesture by Wilson! Hats off!

I am quite curious about the wedges as I am up for new ones. How does the grinds compare to vokey grinds? (And ofc -feel free to use another reference point/corrections).

I see some F, S and D grind in the middle to higher bounce options, but not sure where 58.06 and 60.06 falls or rather how it plays? 

Not sure if a comparison do them justice or is the way to go…. But would  appreciate any insight or impression! Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MartinMertens said:

Everything looks amazing from this trip! Thanks for the updates a long the way! And what a gesture by Wilson! Hats off!

I am quite curious about the wedges as I am up for new ones. How does the grinds compare to vokey grinds? (And ofc -feel free to use another reference point/corrections).

I see some F, S and D grind in the middle to higher bounce options, but not sure where 58.06 and 60.06 falls or rather how it plays? 

Not sure if a comparison do them justice or is the way to go…. But would  appreciate any insight or impression! Thanks!

My Vokeys will be back tomorrow and I can do some side by sides. I’m very confident in throwing these straight in the bag though. They keep it simple with low, medium, and high bounce options. They gave me a mid 56 (bent to 55, currently playing a 54° Vokey bent to 55°) that has the same 12° (11° because of being bent) as my Vokey, and a 60° with 6° of bounce. The 60° is super versatile with its grind that I tried to highlight above. It sits open nicely, and is really nice off the tighter lies that I’ll play here. Still want to spend more time with them side by side, but I think it’ll be an easy switch. They’re also cheaper than most other wedges on the market, which is an added benefit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great photos @TM golf guy

I noticed the driver has carbon on the toe, but not the heel.     Wilson states this model is pretty neutral in bias - do you find that to be the case?

I haven't heard much about their fairway woods. It seems like you guys weren't necessarily fit for those.  How are you liking it?   Do you find it to be fairly neutral in ball flight as well?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve o said:

the funny thing is that Both I and @TM golf guy brought cameras and I even bough external mics to try and capture everything to share with you all.  When we pulled up and saw the production crew hired by GolfWRX I didn’t even bother with my setup. Honestly I’m thrilled they did that for us because it allowed us to really enjoy the experience and live in the moment rather than trying to just around and document everything on our own. I assure you the content is coming my friend :). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wilson DYNAPWR Carbon - Project X Denali

Ping G425 Max 5 Wood
Ping G430 3 Hybrid
Wilson Staff Model CB 4-PW - Steelfiber 110x
Wilson ZM 48* bent to 50*, 52* bent to 54*, 60* Tour Issue Spinner Shafts
Ping Oslo

1 hour ago, MartinMertens said:

Appreciate it 👍

They look so good!

Play an M grind myself (60.08)

Thinking about whether a ZM 58.06 bent two degrees weak might do the trick. Sounds like it might work. 
Gotta look up a fitting event 

I had been playing the 60M as well I found it doubtful the ZM wedge would be better.  But, quite frankly for me it is.  It has just a bit more trail relief which means it still has the bounce but when I open it up and lean it back a hair the lead edge stays nearer the turf than did the Vokey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, molecularman said:

Great photos @TM golf guy

I noticed the driver has carbon on the toe, but not the heel.     Wilson states this model is pretty neutral in bias - do you find that to be the case?

I haven't heard much about their fairway woods. It seems like you guys weren't necessarily fit for those.  How are you liking it?   Do you find it to be fairly neutral in ball flight as well?

I was fit into the 10.5* head lofted down 1* and didn't notice the head being closed with that setup.  I only hit the fairway woods a handful of times on the range that morning and 2 times on the course.  Neither of the strikes on the course were good enough to get a feel for so I'll have to report back.  

After our round they had us pack everything up so they can ship alot of the clubs back to us so we didn't have to try and fit them all in our checked bag. 

Once I get all my other old woods back I'll have more side by side photos and thoughts for you all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ping G425 Max 5 Wood
Ping G430 3 Hybrid
Ping Oslo

11 minutes ago, Olson12 said:

the funny thing is that Both I and @TM golf guy brought cameras and I even bough external mics to try and capture everything to share with you all.  When we pulled up and saw the production crew hired by GolfWRX I didn’t even bother with my setup. Honestly I’m thrilled they did that for us because it allowed us to really enjoy the experience and live in the moment rather than trying to just around and document everything on our own. I assure you the content is coming my friend :). 

Coming from someone who does writing, photo and video work for a living I can attest that Wilson hiring professionals to do it was a brilliant move as it allowed you as GolfWRX testers to focus on the product and less on trying to capture every little thing for the group (even though that technically usually comes with the territory for these).

For Wilson and Pinehurst there is more value in them giving WRX members a stress-free experience so that they can turnaround and talk about it. Inevitably this will increase bookings and sale via word of mouth alone.

I think this is why from a conversational standpoint the forum has been well engaged because the testers could speak to their experience as forum members have asked questions. Especially when considering most simply want to know how Wilson stacks up to other brands. GolfWRX also did a great job at selecting a diverse age range, handicap range and range of golfers with various brand loyalty.

With all of this variation there is surely something for everyone to get out of those that attended the Pinehurst/Wilson trip.

This is not to say that I am not also looking forward to the pictures and videos from the Wilson team. But it has been nice to ask questions about Wilson and have people actually be able to respond aboth the product.

This was a great idea by GolfWRX and I hope they do more like it, because experiences such as this are great ways to connect golfers with information from other golfers without it feeling like a marketing pitch or sale for consumers to make uneducated purchases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, golfnerd91 said:

Coming from someone who does writing, photo and video work for a living I can attest that Wilson hiring professionals to do it was a brilliant move as it allowed you as GolfWRX testers to focus on the product and less on trying to capture every little thing for the group (even though that technically usually comes with the territory for these).

For Wilson and Pinehurst there is more value in them giving WRX members a stress-free experience so that they can turnaround and talk about it. Inevitably this will increase bookings and sale via word of mouth alone.

I think this is why from a conversational standpoint the forum has been well engaged because the testers could speak to their experience as forum members have asked questions. Especially when considering most simply want to know how Wilson stacks up to other brands. GolfWRX also did a great job at selecting a diverse age range, handicap range and range of golfers with various brand loyalty.

With all of this variation there is surely something for everyone to get out of those that attended the Pinehurst/Wilson trip.

This is not to say that I am not also looking forward to the pictures and videos from the Wilson team. But it has been nice to ask questions about Wilson and have people actually be able to respond aboth the product.

This was a great idea by GolfWRX and I hope they do more like it, because experiences such as this are great ways to connect golfers with information from other golfers without it feeling like a marketing pitch or sale for consumers to make uneducated purchases.

Oh up yours with the age range! 🤣 /s   Except for Ed…the tour fitter for Wilson…everyone else from Wilson was mid 30’s as were @TLUBulldogGolf @TM golf guy & @Olson12.  There were times, especially during the driver fittings, that I felt out of place at 67. However, luckily for me golf nerds pretty much know no age so it was a fantastic experience none the less.  @TM golf guy was injured but watching @TLUBulldogGolf and @Olson12 driver test was humbling.  I’m trying to one hop into the screen at the end of the range and they were flying it.

Something to strive for I guess.😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shilgy said:

Oh up yours with the age range! 🤣 /s   Except for Ed…the tour fitter for Wilson…everyone else from Wilson was mid 30’s as were @TLUBulldogGolf @TM golf guy & @Olson12.  There were times, especially during the driver fittings, that I felt out of place at 67. However, luckily for me golf nerds pretty much know no age so it was a fantastic experience none the less.  @TM golf guy was injured but watching @TLUBulldogGolf and @Olson12 driver test was humbling.  I’m trying to one hop into the screen at the end of the range and they were flying it.

Something to strive for I guess.😎

Seth Meyers Nap GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Just kidding! I honestly thought it was 30s, 40s and 50s! 😂 Hell I could have been in my 80s and would have been dragging my old a** around Pinehurst and bombing 220 yard drives that felt like 300. And @Shilgy thanks for reminding me of another demographic @TM golf guy was handicapable!

• Haha 1

Thank you!!  Exactly the stuff I was looking for. I’ve been a Wilson homer forever and am really excited for what’s happening and what’s ahead. Hope my tone wasn’t overly critical. Pictures do say a thousand words. 

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

1 hour ago, golfnerd91 said:

Did they loft up the wedges to increase the bounce? And was it because they didn't have it as a stock bounce option?

Thats exactly what they did.  I have low bounce wedges because I play in Arizona but didn't really quite need the 6* of bounce they offered stock.  So they bent some lofts strong to give me a bit more room to play with. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max 5 Wood
Ping G430 3 Hybrid
Ping Oslo