2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Scout 1000 Rangefinder (hunting)

Same as Tour V-2??
I read on another site that the Bushnell Scout 1000, which is a hunting unit, is identical to the Bushnell Tour V2, and has a feature which is the equivalent to "Pinseeker" technology.

Anyone have any experience with the Scout 1000? It's $207 at Wally World online, and Bushnell has a coupon on its website for $50 off the Scout 1000. Pretty cheap if it's good for golf!! It looks identical to the V2.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on another site that the Bushnell Scout 1000, which is a hunting unit, is identical to the Bushnell Tour V2, and has a feature which is the equivalent to "Pinseeker" technology.

Anyone have any experience with the Scout 1000? It's $207 at Wally World online, and Bushnell has a coupon on its website for $50 off the Scout 1000. Pretty cheap if it's good for golf!! It looks identical to the V2.

I don not know if this is the case with this model, but...

My understanding is the difference between "golf" models and "hunting" models is the targeting software. Golf models display the distance that is closest (pin with trees behind it will show distance to the pin. Hunting models display the "farthest" distance (displays the target that is on the other side of brush).

I don not know if this is the case with this model, but...

My understanding is the difference between "golf" models and "hunting" models is the targeting software. Golf models display the distance that is closest (pin with trees behind it will show distance to the pin. Hunting models display the "farthest" distance (displays the target that is on the other side of brush).

No, the Scout 1000 and the V2 ARE the exact same. You can switch modes on both the same, only the "golf" one is called pinseeker (or something like that) on the box and the Scout is called target mode. They both work the same and software and laser units are the same.

Also goes with the Cally Nikon ones, they are the exact same as the Nikon units at Cabelas only cheaper price.

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

The Scout 1000 with arc will give you the adjusted distance for the up/down slope of the range out to 100 yards in the bow mode!!!!!! The rifle mode doesn't function like that at all and has a bunch of preset modules for the caliber and velocity of the rifle to end up with giving you the hold over for the range listed.

The Scout 1000 with arc will give you the adjusted distance for the up/down slope of the range out to 100 yards in the bow mode!!!!!! The rifle mode doesn't function like that at all and has a bunch of preset modules for the caliber and velocity of the rifle to end up with giving you the hold over for the range listed.

Correct, but the non-ARC Scout is the same as the V2.

PXG Black Ops Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

Bought the Scout non ARC.

Bass Pro matched the Wally World price. Jsut sent in the rebate form.

Have used it for 10 days now and it works perfect. Sometimes I have to steady myself but it works like it should.

I KNOW I have bettered my score because I know the exact yardages. Many times already I would have overclubbed.

Trust in the "Laser Force" young Skywalker........

FYI

BOUGHT ONE TODAY FOR $209. WITH REBATE, $159.

GOT IT AT HUNTING STORE, DUDE WAS TICKED OFF THAT WALLY WORLD HAD THEM SO CHEAP. SAID HE WOULD MATCH THE PRICE BUT HAD ALREADY CALLED BUSHNELL AND COMPLAINED ABOUT W-MART PRICE. SAID REP AT BUSHNELL SAID W-MART PRICE IS A MISTAKE AND THAT THAT PRICE WOULD BE PULLED ASAP.

LONG STORY SHORT---THIS IS THE SAME AS THE MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE V2 AT 1/2 THE PRICE.

GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN :yes:

Tried the Scout at a range this past weekend. Had a little trouble hitting a pole out about 240. Got it a once or twice but had a hard time. Gave it to my friend and he could not pick it up. Everything else was 200-in... small signs in the ground a little bigger than a flag and more poles. I was able to get a reading on everything else in seconds. There was also a small equipment trailer at the other end of the range about 360 that I was able to pick up.

Overall not bad for for under $200 after rebate.

I'll never buy another product from Bushnell. The customer service/repair/return groups should just be re-branded as the "upsell" group.

I sent in a Yardage pro that stopped working. It took them almost 10 business days (after they signed for the fedex) just to acknowledge that they had it. Then another 4 days to tell me that they wouldn't fix it but if I wanted to spend another 200+ dollars they would replace it iwth another model--effectively giving me about 50 bucks for mine.

I'd rather burn the money than pay them another dime.

Instead, I bought a nice Nikon model at opticsplanet.

I've had mine now for 3weeks. It is awesome. i only had one problem getting the flag at about 220 in the wind, could not hold steady and the pin was moving all over the place. Plus there was a huge hill right behind the green, I kept getting the hill instead of the flag, but other than that one hole, it flat out performs.

Very good product at the old price, still good at the new price.

Note, If the course you are playing has the prizims in the pins, the yardage is almost instant. works even better.

• 3 weeks later...

I found that aiming at the top of the flag works best for me. Although yesterday my new Scout 1000 cost me a couple of strokes on a par 3. Scorecard said 157, Scout said 184. It was a back pin, so I'm thinking maybe 167. There was a hill behind the green, which is probably what it picked up. I even waited for the bullseye mode to give me a closer number. I trusted the Scout and launched a 5-iron up on the hill, about 20-25 yards from the pin.

It was on the money on every other hole. Not sure what happened there at the the par 3. I had a SkyCaddie with me also and it also had the number at about 184.

Twilight Zone weird.

Just got a Scout 1000. What is the best way to get a distance to the pin in the target mode? Should I aim the target directly at the pin, at the base of the pin, or at the flag? I am having trouble getting an accurate reading if I aim directly at the pin, even at distances of less than 200 yards.

I kind of ran into the same issue yesterday on my first day of use. Some holes it worked great, others I just couldn't get a read.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase but it seems like there are tricks to using this thing. Another caveat, which I hope will make things easier, is that my usual course has prisms in the flags where the course I played yesterday doesn't.

[center]Driver[b]: [/b]Callaway RAZR Fit with F[color=#3E3E3E]ujikrua Blur TS-65
Fairway: Callaway: Diablo Edge Tour with [/color][color=#3E3E3E]UST V2
Hybrids: Titleist[/color][color=#3E3E3E] 910H with G[/color][color=#3E3E3E]raphic Design Tour AD YSQ
Irons: Ping: I10 and G10 Combo Set
Wedges: S[/color][color=#3E3E3E]cratch (RIP) - 50, 56, and 60 degree 8260[/color][/center]
[center][color=#3E3E3E]And proud author of [url="http://www.digitalfairways.com"]Digital Fairways[/url][/color][/center]

• 5 years later...

I currently use this rangefinder and have to say it has been extremely durable and accurate. One battery will last almost an entire season for me (30 to 40 rounds).

It has trouble sighting non-reflector flags past 230ish yards (especially the cheapo municipal flags), maybe 210 yards if it is dead calm (no flag waving), but I don't need to-the-yard accuracy there anyhow.

Looks like it's still going for over $200 though which is surprising given the products age. I figured it would have come down more by now. I managed to get one on special at a Cabellas for $130. Total steal.

Great product, still in use here and very accurate and easy to use even when the hands are a little shaky after a night out on the town (if you know what I mean).

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

[quote name='cdesana' timestamp='1209482581' post='1044495']
Do a search, there are more than one discussion on this matter. BY the way I just did the same thing as you descrobed above and I am very happy with the purchase.

[b]Other than the battery lasted less than 3 rounds.[/b]
[/quote]

Shortly after I bought my Scout 1000 from Bass Pro Shop a couple of years ago, there was a problem with the screw on battery cover that was causing the battery in these units to run down very quickly. I contacted Bushnell and they sent me a replacement cover and I can easily go an entire season on one CR2 battery. AAMOF, I bought a 3 pack of the batteries on e-bay a few years ago and still have one of them as an extra I keep in my bag, I gave one to a buddy that had a battery die on him during play. Hope this helps.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

• 2 weeks later...