2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

savagery on the links.

stevelegend

most merciless thing you have done on a golf course
the best thing i did was shoot 69 (level par) then snap my 2 ball over my knee cos i missed the putt for a 68 lol. also pushing one right off the second and hitting a BMW was quite amusing. any over tales of snapping clubs or miss placed shots to tell?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit a guy's back door on consecutive shots on a par three. Two straight hosel rockets that flew dead right, across a pond, across the guy's back yard on a line and into the guy's back door. I kept expecting someone to answer, but no one was home apparently. Sad thing is, I was even par at the time through 16 holes at the TPC at Cheval (in Tampa, FL). Took a HUGE number on that hole and double bogeyed the last to shoot 79! I was livid!!!!

most savage thing on a golf course was a 15 i shot on a par 4. i tin cupped it. drive was just off the fairway and so i didn't have a clean shot to the green that was protected by water in the front. i punched out to 100 yards from the green. i then bladed 2 balls back to back into the water (always rehitting at the same spot). ball 3 hit the bridge going over the water and splashed. ball 4 was a shank that bounced off a tree into the water. ball 5 i hit fat and made it across, but rolled back into the water. ball 6 made it across and i 2 putted for a 11 over par 15. by the 4th ball i had an audience at the pavalion overlooking the green. best 15 i ever shot because i ended up getting 2 free beers out of it.

next thing was breaking the shaft on a persons 3 wood i was playing with. it was cart path only and they drove ahead of me, not realizing my ball was as right as it was and that i would be hitting down the cart path because of the trees (dog leg right hole and there was opening for the cart path that you could see the green). i asked them to move the cart as it was in my way but they said don't worry about it, i'll hit over it. i bladed it into the passenger side golf bag. didn't think much of it till on the next hole when the guy pulled out his 3 wood and only had the head and half the shaft.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

most savage thing on a golf course was a 15 i shot on a par 4. i tin cupped it. drive was just off the fairway and so i didn't have a clean shot to the green that was protected by water in the front. i punched out to 100 yards from the green. i then bladed 2 balls back to back into the water (always rehitting at the same spot). ball 3 hit the bridge going over the water and splashed. ball 4 was a shank that bounced off a tree into the water. ball 5 i hit fat and made it across, but rolled back into the water. ball 6 made it across and i 2 putted for a 11 over par 15. by the 4th ball i had an audience at the pavalion overlooking the green. best 15 i ever shot because i ended up getting 2 free beers out of it.

next thing was breaking the shaft on a persons 3 wood i was playing with. it was cart path only and they drove ahead of me, not realizing my ball was as right as it was and that i would be hitting down the cart path because of the trees (dog leg right hole and there was opening for the cart path that you could see the green). i asked them to move the cart as it was in my way but they said don't worry about it, i'll hit over it. i bladed it into the passenger side golf bag. didn't think much of it till on the next hole when the guy pulled out his 3 wood and only had the head and half the shaft.

This one is hard to beat. Now the most savage thing I have done was during high school golf qualifying. Our coach made us go out in 25 degree weather with flurries flying around. It was cold as ice out and by the 9th hole my group was numb. To give our coach credit he was playing a few holes behind us. Well, the four of us decided to piss in the cup and watch and see if he putted out. He did and we were all up in the woods balling and he came up to us and asked us how we played. We could not stop laughing and he tried to shake our hands for coming out but no one would come close to him.

Funny thing is about 3 weeks ago I saw him at our local golf store and he mentioned the time he made us play in the cold. He is a good man and I had to tell him what we did. We had a great laugh. It is funny how you grow up.

Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Callaway Apex Hybrids 20* & 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
Odyssey Versa 1

Circa 1991. When I was in the Army and really getting into golf a gentleman asked to join my buddy and I as we teed off. Of course, we said, "sure". For my second shot I duck hooked a 3 wood across the fairway on original #1 hole at Fort Jackson (They have 36 holes there now). The golf ball careened 90 degrees straight off a huge pine tree and NAILED the guy right smack in the middle of the chest. I felt pretty bad for him, I bet it hurt like a son of a....I bet he wished that he golfed by himelf that day! I am a LOT better now, I have never done that since!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Hit a nasty slice that made a B-Line right towards some trees along a road. Little did I know there was a deer standing there and I smacked it right on it's hind leg which caused it to jump and scurry accross the street only to be hit by an oncoming car. We stood there speechless. Luckily the women in the car was ok. A little shaken but ok. Unfortunately her car was banged up. As we were all pondering what just happened I noticed my Titleist lying about where the deer was. I casually picked up my ball and put it in my pocket so she wouldn't see it. I'll never forget her saying "I never saw it, where did it come from?" My buddies and I didn't say a word.

this was back in the day my buddies and i were at some dumpy executive course to play on the spur of the moment. we get to one hole where there is a guy teaching his grandson the ropes of golf and he lets us play through. my two buddies were worse than awful so they proceded to both top their shots about 4 yards down the fairway. then i get up and having forgotten my golf shoes was in sneakers went to hit a hard 7 instead of a soft 6 and slipped and hit the highest slicing shot i've ever hit. the kicker is this hole ran along a highway and had about a 40 foot high netting to keep people from spraying the road with balls and sure enough i manage to clear it and all i hear is tire screeching....luckily no accident. then about six months later im driving on that same stretch of highway and i notice on teh side of the road a small white speck...sure enough its my golf ball laying in the grassy median. not sure if it was my ball but the odds are very likely.

funny stories.. i never understood the whole club breaking thing. i can't afford to play bad golf then break my clubs! When you get home, are you better off if you've shot a bad score AND have no putter? i think not. I hae drinks after bad shots! so if i shoot a high score, i don't care, i'm wasted!

another capt and diet w/ a splash of grendine please cart girl.

hey whats your name? you're cute.

My worst moment was when me and a few buddies in college went golfing. We were on the first tee, and the first guy hits a slice that manages to hit the roof of the clubhouse (it wasn't your typical course layout). The next guy gets up and hooks it over near an another tee box, where a group is standing. Then I get up on the tee box, and hit one of the worst slices I've ever witnessed. I managed to clear the clubhouse that got hit a few minutes ago, over the parking lot, and the ball is still going at a pretty good clip when it reaches the road. As I watch the ball fly out over the street, I see an oncoming vehicle. Sure enough, it's a school bus. Missed the windshield on the bus by no less than 2 feet. The driver didn't even hit the brakes, so I don't think they even saw the ball flying at the bus. It had to have been a 300 yard drive. 20 yards ahead, and 280 yards to the right. :drinks:

Funny thing was, I didn't slice another drive all day.

Well my worst moment was at my driving range theres a little 3 hole par 3 course and on the third hole theres a parking lot right beside it so i get up there and hook one right off a windsheild... smash good thing no one was in the car so then i just picked up my clubs and got out of there and then as im walking back to the range part i heard another smash and the side window had been taking out i look and there were people on the tee and there running down the hill as fast as they can Then like 30 steps away theres a chipping area and i am practicing bunker shot and i blade one and it gets a bounce right off the door of the car i dont really use that practice area any more

when I had just started golf I was in a camp in the summer. We were playingon a par 3 course and I had topped my first shot. Then I got up to ball and was getting ready to hit. i took a practice swing and a girl in my group thought I had hit and walked in fornt of me. I wasn't looking and i took my real swing and bladed my sand wedge. I hit her right in the leg pretty hard.

Playing a par 5 on a course I often play. Dog leg left. I set up aiming middle right and try to crush one. Naturally I push one and it flies toward a house. Next thing we here is a loud crash, I thought I took out some guys patio door. My buddies and I pull up and find that my ball blew out some guys glass basketball backboard. That made four backboards that I have shattered, 3 playing b-ball and one golfing. :drinks:

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

Worst thing I ever did was almost get in a fist fight with some punk kids that nearly hit us with their drive, didn't yell fore, and when we reminded them, they just looked at us and one of them was like f*&k you. Uhh, no. I proceeded to lay into them about it being a gentleman's game, and if they had a problem with that, we could head to the parking lot. He took one look at me and my buddy and got his butt back in the cart and drove off and then started getting smart again when they were driving away. In the words of Lethal Weapon 4....He was a telephone tough-guy.

When I first stated playing My stepdad hit a line drive off the tee box right into the drivers side of a Black caddy, left a huge dent

Last summer I was running late for a game got there just in time so I did not get a chance to warm up my first shot of the day went into the parking lot and hit a truck never seen the damage as I just wanted to get out of there

Seen a guy try to fight a Marshall once..Marshall pulled up and asked him to pick it up and all hell broke loose

Was a few years ago now, and wasn't me personally, but one of the blokes at our club decided to pull the old "undo the bag clip on the cart so your partners bag falls off when you start driving" trick. Guy drives off, clubs fall off buggy, brand new Callaway driver snaps!

Was an expensive lesson for the guy involved, but one that near everyone heeded. Haven't seen it done for a while now, and you only need to tell the story to people and they swear they'll never do it again.

We did all have a pretty good laugh at the "joker's" expense though :drinks:

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

Just the other day, I thinned a 3wd trying to turn it over on a long par 4...let's just say it didn't turn out the way I intended. I hit a Canadian goose square in the a**. It let out a miserable honk and wobbled off into the pond. The rest of his flock followed for fear of my mulligan!

My buddie's favorite story to tell about me on a golf course involves me chucking my Ping Anser about 15ft up into a pine tree after missing a birdie putt. I had to climb the tree to find it while we let the 2 groups behind us play through-----pretty embarrassing and damn difficult to explain how your putter ended up half way up a tree.

Oh, and I've broken just about every club in the bag.

I think one of the strangest things I've done on the golf course was one year I got into a funk and for like a month everytime I played my second shot was airmailed into the clubhouse. I never broke any windows or anything like that but it sure was embarrassing. Everyone at the club would run when they would see me walking down the 9th fairway.

It has become a standing joke around the course even to this day.

Terry

• 4 months later...

i was a junior member at a country club and was mad about the score i made on a par 3. playing alone, so i took the flag and jammed it into the cup and hard as i could. well it didnt go into the hole but one of the holes off to the side and would not stand up straight. and there was someone putting out on previous hole. so i was frantically trying to pull the pin out. the entire cup came out with the flag in it. so i was sitting on the green with my feet on the cup and yanking on the pin and hard as i could. it finally came out just as the guy was walking to the tee. i dont think he noticed, i felt like such a zero.

I was playing #10 on a course i've played a few times before. I was 220 out on a LONG par 4. I had a 4 iron in my hands, thinking I might as well put it towards the front side of the green, maybe a little short, as there was a group on the green. I hit the sweetest 4 iron i've ever hit. The ball cleared to the back side of the green, and hit a man in the ankle on the fly. It bounced way back at me off his ankle, and i see his arms fly up as he falls down. That was a LOOONG ordeal. He later congratulated me on the shot. lol.

Not me but one of my friends and I were playing a course we normally play and there is a Par 5 with a lake to carry on the tee shot. That day my buddy had invited his father in law to play with us. My buddy gets up and hits a horrible tee shot, he in turn gets mad and throws his club at the cart which his father in law was just getting out of. The club hits him square in the heart and he had to leave to go to the hospital. I didnt know whether to laugh or not because of the situation but after they left we had a great chuckle. At the doctors office they told him that he would have been worse off if it would have been an iron instead of a wood. He had the worst bruised mark on his chest!!!!!! To this day he I have NEVER seen him throw a club again

J

when i first started playing about 10 years ago i went out with my college roommate and played a muni near his house. we were backed up all day due to slow play and the group behind us started hitting into us. we warned them a couple of times and the third time they hit into us they actually missed my buddys head by about 2 feet. we proceeded to the tee box and lets just say i doubt they ever hit into anyone ever again.

Our regular group had a standing tee time on Saturday mornings at one particular course, and we were friendly with the guys who had the time behind and ahead of us. Eventually the group that had the time behind us decided to switch courses, so that time opened up and a variety of people played in that tee time. One Saturday was a bunch of late teens to early 20's bombers, with loud mouths and no patience. We were in the fairway of a par 5 waiting to hit our third (all of us had laid up) when all of a sudden a ball comes winging through is, landing at my buddies feet. One of them in the group behind had decided to go for the green and come up way short and hit into us. We turned around and before we could even yell anything another sailed over our heads and into the front bunker. So I walked over to my bag, pulled out a 3 iron and proceeded to hit the ball that had landed at my buddies feet, right back towards them, on a rather low and nasty trajectory. They scattered and then tried to play the "tough guy" game with us, which was fine because one of my regular group is a state trooper, who just flashed his smile and his badge, and that ended that problem. Needless to say, we decided to find a new course shortly thereafter.

Worst thing I ever did was chuck a club, but it turned out funny. I was playing terribly with my best friend and hit a horrible shot from the fairway. I was so mad that I just chucked my 9 iron as far as I could. Let me tell you, a golf club will fly farther than you think. The green was about 125 ards away and a bit in front off to the left was a tower for the power lines that cut throught the course. I whipped that club as hard as I could down the fairway and watched in surprise at how far it was going. It ending up hitting the tower perfectly in the middle of the shaft, wrapped around and snapped. My friend just started rolling on the ground laughing and I started cracking up as well.

I haven't thrown a club since. But, man, that thing must have flown 90 yards!!!

when i was 16 I made double on 18, it wasnt a tournament but I had a 50 dollers in on a bet with my playing partners and one guy edged me by two strokes. I kicked my bag at the side of the green and I didnt realize how steep the hill was on the side of the green and my bag rolled straight into the water at least 5 feet deep, it was at a course near my old placec so the next day I went in my bathing suit and fetched it out. Probably the stupidest thing ive ever done and never felt like such a bafoon and I havint slammed/kicked anything since.

First off, let me reassure you that this was not my doing, however, I was present. At my former club, they have a massive groundhog problem. Those fat little SOB's are always running around and destroying stuff, so my friend who works at the club as a part of the grounds crew, decided that he would get them out. So, during the middle of a round, he spots one of the groundhogs, and proceeds to tear after the thing in our cart. He chases the thing into its hole, reaches into his golf bag, and pulls out an m-80 firework. He lights it and throws it in the hole. He hasn't lived down the bill murray image to this day.

Okay, being a long winded sort, I've got three stories.

First is the wildest shot I've ever hit. I was playing at a club here in town that has streets and OB everywhere. It's a very old course and the first 5-6 holes is OB right. Well, there was a big game about to tee off, but they told my buddies and I to go ahead. The first hole is a short, maybe 375 yard, par 4.

So, with maybe 25 people watching, I promptly hit a low push directly down the street. As I looked up to watch my ball, I noticed this lady driving a suburban in the same direction as my ball was going. In slow motion, I watched as my ball hit directly above the back left wheel well leaving what had to be a pretty nice dent.

The funny part is, she never hit the breaks and the ball just started bouncing back down the street, but to the left. It bounced maybe 3-4 times before coming back in-bounds just before the green and rolling up to maybe 3-4 feet. From the tee, it looked like it was in the hole. Needless to say, I took a bit of flack for that kick-in eagle. At least 4-5 guys claimed that was their wife in the suburban I hit.

The next story was when I played at La Costa about 2 years ago. I was on a trip with my wife's company as the "spouse" and was left to play golf all day while she was in meetings (not a bad trip). Anyway, I got paired with a couple of pretty funny guys from LA.

We had a group of Japanease guys behind us who hit into us on almost every hole. We said something to them about it a couple of times, but they pretended not to speak any English. We complained to the marshal, but they did the same with him.

It was a long, slow round, and we started drinking pretty good on the backside. On probably the 14th or 15th hole, a shot hit's one of the LA guys in the leg as he's walking off the green. Having had enough, he picks up the ball and throws it in a creek.

The guy who hits him hurries to the green, furious about his ball being thrown in the creek. In PERFECT english, with a British accent, he starts yelling at the guy from LA. An argument ensues with the Japanease guy insisting that the guy from LA go get his ball out of the water. At this point, the other three of us are laughing so hard we can't stand up and I sit down in my cart. At about that exact time, the guy from LA exclaims something along the line of "if you really want that ball, I'll throw you in after it before I get it myself!". The Japanease guy says "I'd like to see you try!". Well, the next thing I know, the Japanease guy is in the water as well.

Needless to say, we continued as a threesome!

The last story has been floating around my town for a long time. The story goes that a guy was playing in a big money game at Shady Oaks here in town (Hogan's home course) and had alot on the line once reaching 18. A little background is that putting is the defense at Shady Oaks as the greens have a ton of undulation and are fast as lighting. I've actually witnessed someone putt it out of bounds before (on the third hole).

Anyway, the guy three-putts 18 and loses all his bets. He promptly throws his putter in the creek which fronts the green. Once in the men's grill, the other guys are giving him a hard time about the putter, and he summons a kid from the bag room to go get the putter.

The kid climbs into the creek and brings the putter back to man. The man takes the putter, breaks it in half, then hands it back to the kid with a tip telling him to put the putter back in the creek.

Must have been a big bet!