Remax World Long Drive Championship

pavlam05

Past winners?
Can anybody point me in the right direction of a list of past World Long Drive Championship winners? It sounds silly, but I saw the Hammer infomercial again today (yes, POW, I know...please don't hijack the thread guys, thanks), and I wanted to find out exactly when Mr. Hamm won these supposed championships. I know that prior to Remax, it was called the National Longdrive Championships, and was sponsored by Golf Digest.

I've searched high and low, but nothing. Wikipedia doesn't even have a page on this joker. Nor does Remax have a list of past winners. It's amazing how hard this is to find. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody point me in the right direction of a list of past World Long Drive Championship winners? It sounds silly, but I saw the Hammer infomercial again today (yes, POW, I know...please don't hijack the thread guys, thanks), and I wanted to find out exactly when Mr. Hamm won these supposed championships. I know that prior to Remax, it was called the National Longdrive Championships, and was sponsored by Golf Digest.

I've searched high and low, but nothing. Wikipedia doesn't even have a page on this joker. Nor does Remax have a list of past winners. It's amazing how hard this is to find. Any help would be appreciated.

You can't find anything because there isn't anything to find. But if you want to look up past champions you may want to go to www.longdrivers.com.

Here's a reference to him having the "greatest recorded carry" of a golf ball in 1993 (458 yards).

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/CrystalCuevas.shtml

I've seen record of this on other websites as well. But I'm looking for winners of the santioned long drive event. I've also looked at longdrivers.com, but they have nothing more than the most recent winners listed. Hamm has supposedly won like six championships or something, so I'm interested in knowing if it is true. It is just something that has been bugging me and I can't let it go. (I just can't...If you knew me, you'd understand).

I think I'm going to try and send a couple of e-mails to some of the folks at the LDA and see what kind of response I get. I'll post any responses here.

Here's a reference to him having the "greatest recorded carry" of a golf ball in 1993 (458 yards).

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/CrystalCuevas.shtml

I've seen record of this on other websites as well. But I'm looking for winners of the santioned long drive event. I've also looked at longdrivers.com, but they have nothing more than the most recent winners listed. Hamm has supposedly won like six championships or something, so I'm interested in knowing if it is true. It is just something that has been bugging me and I can't let it go. (I just can't...If you knew me, you'd understand).

I think I'm going to try and send a couple of e-mails to some of the folks at the LDA and see what kind of response I get. I'll post any responses here.

For the record, the website only claims that he is a 6 time world champion - they never state "Long Drive Champion".

They note 6 long drive categories that he allegedly holds world records for (none of which are LDA competitions). My guess is these are the " World Championships" they are referring to.

http://www.xfactordirect.com/jackhamm.htm

You can claim you are the Champion of whatever provided it does not infringe on an actual event. Past RE/MAX champions have tried to file suit against MR. POW. He is not doing anything wrong but looking like a joker and selling lots of lies and crappy equipment.

He has been offered several times to go and compete at the RE/MAX World Championships. To this day none of the Long Drive guys have even seen him in person.

Past Champions Open Division

08 Jamie Sadlowski

07 Mike Dobyn

06 Jason Zuback

05 Sean Fister

04 Dave Mobley

03 Clayton Burger

02 Carl Wolter

Thanks guys...I guess that puts me somewhat at ease. Franklin, thanks for the info, although I've been watching the WLDC for the last 5 or 6 years, so I was looking to go further back...preferably back to the early 90's, around the time when Mr. Hamm's records were supposed to have been set ('93 for the longest carry).

Great info though! It would be hilarious if he were to show up at the Re-max with his 160mph swing. :cheesy: Note to Mr. Hamm: Ball speed does not equal swing speed!

Lets get Jamie Sadlowski up in the Rocky Mountains and see how long that record carry stands! Kid is a phenom!

Jack Scamm, or Hamm, is an absolute farce. He has never competed in the Long Drive Championships nor ever will. He claims his world championships by Guinness Records that he set or supposedly did. He would be in the senior division at the RE/MAX and would get waxed. By the way I won in 93 and he was nowhere to be seen.

Jack Scamm, or Hamm, is an absolute farce. He has never competed in the Long Drive Championships nor ever will. He claims his world championships by Guinness Records that he set or supposedly did. He would be in the senior division at the RE/MAX and would get waxed. By the way I won in 93 and he was nowhere to be seen.

OT, but congrats on your Hall of Fame invite and induction. :partytime2:

OT, but congrats on your Hall of Fame invite and induction. :partytime2:

As the OP I would not say this is spot on topic. The idea of my post was to get past all of the POOOOOOOOOW posts and find out more about Mr. Hammer. I could have guessed that he was a total phony....Since we already know that he's a total tool! Anyone claiming a 160mph clubhead speed, and not competing at the Re/Max has already done enough to disprove himself (if you are a hunter, see Mitch Rompola as a comparison).

Mr. Pavlet, I am honored that my post drew your attention, or ire, whichever fits best. Although my title may have been a bit misleading, it is great to get some insight from a person within the inner circle of the LDA. Although at 27, I'm not old enough to remember your win in '93, as a "Pav" myself (Pavlovich, shortened to Pav by those with pronunciation deficiencies, haha), I've always had a special rooting interest in you. Congratulations on your induction into the LDA Hall of Fame.

Considering who we are talking about, it may not even be worth the effort that I've already put into this. But, if we can manage to expose "The Hammer" as the true fraud he is from a simple forum post, then mission accomplished.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='MAK2525' post='1456467' date='Jan 29 2009, 09:52 PM'][quote name='pavlam05' post='1456007' date='Jan 29 2009, 05:36 PM'][quote name='MAK2525' post='1453555' date='Jan 28 2009, 03:10 PM']Here's a reference to him having the "greatest recorded carry" of a golf ball in 1993 (458 yards).

[url="http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/CrystalCuevas.shtml"]http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/CrystalCuevas.shtml[/url][/quote]

[/quote]

For the record, the website only claims that he is a 6 time world champion - they never state "Long Drive Champion".

They note 6 long drive categories that he allegedly holds world records for (none of which are LDA competitions). My guess is these are the " World Championships" they are referring to.

[url="http://www.xfactordirect.com/jackhamm.htm"]http://www.xfactordirect.com/jackhamm.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Actually, on this TV infomercial he does claim to be Long Drive Champion.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ycNxNrKTEk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ycNxNrKTEk[/url]

On those grounds, he probably can be sued. Callaway can also probably sue him considering The Hammer makes false claims about the "inferior Big Bertha".

• 1 month later...

I saw Brian responded, he is 100% correct that none of us have ever seen hide nor hair of Mr. Hamm...but that has not stopped him from taking shots at all of us real long drive champions.

Here is a link to a list of past champions.

[url="http://www.longdrivers.com/includes/makeFiles.php?id=15"]http://www.longdrivers.com/includes/makeFiles.php?id=15[/url]

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

You can expost Hamm as the fraud he is.

But it's not going to stop the POWWWW!!!! post on here.

Nothing, short of banning anyone that posts it is going to stop it, though that might be a good solution. Same with posting the TTIWWOP smilie. :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

• 2 months later...

I just met and played a round with Mr. Pavlet and his dad. Absolutely AWESOME! The nicest couple of guys I have had the honor of joining in the tee box. He never hit a single drive under 350yds with a brand new driver. I have seen Tiger in person and he's great but this was on a completely different level. You never know who'll you will meet at your local muni!

• 11 years later...

I actually meet him in about 1983 when I was 14.  I even played 9 holes with him.  Worst short game ever.  Lol.  This article from 1997 is interesting.  I'm not saying his clubs aren't a fraud but he was very nice to me.  His commercials do crack me up though.  I would really like to know how old he is now because he seemed old to me as a 14 year old. His reputation then was certainly that he was the longest driver on the world.  Whether it was true or not, there was no way to know back then.   https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1997-sep-28-sp-37036-story.html