Win Luke Donald's back up MP-62's and Visor straight from Mizuno tour Dept

Really cool contest. Thanks to the guys at Golfwrx and Mizuno for this. When I moved to Conn from AZ about 5 years ago I had just bought a set of MP37s and my handicap was down to just over 5. Well, the 5 to 6 month winter just killed me and my swing. I just couldn't hit them well anymore and by the time I'd find my swing, the snow would fall. I had to let those beauties go and replaced them with Hogan Apex Edge Pros. Well, I'm moving to San Diego in 3 weeks. 52 weeks of golf a year!!! MP-62s here I come!

Thanks for the contest,

Ben

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cool contest. Thanks to the guys at Golfwrx and Mizuno for this. When I moved to Conn from AZ about 5 years ago I had just bought a set of MP37s and my handicap was down to just over 5. Well, the 5 to 6 month winter just killed me and my swing. I just couldn't hit them well anymore and by the time I'd find my swing, the snow would fall. I had to let those beauties go and replaced them with Hogan Apex Edge Pros. Well, I'm moving to San Diego in 3 weeks. 52 weeks of golf a year!!! MP-62s here I come!

Thanks for the contest,

Ben

Thanks to Mizuno, Luke, and Golfwrx! This is a fantastic giveaway and a great opportunity. Whoever wins will love these I'm sure.

I actually went and demoed these today and they are fantastic clubs. The sound of feel video does a great job comparing the different clubs but once you actually hit with them you can understand the importance of sound and what they're talking about. With these clubs you actually bring 3 of your 5 senses into play to enhance your golfing experience. Sight (they're beautiful clubs). Sound (crisp, clean, true sound). Touch (amazing feel). These all equal unparalleled feedback and maximum feel which is what you look for in players irons.

I'm in the market for this set because my MacGregor VIP Tourney's are pretty worn out. I'm looking to improve my ball striking and accuracy and what better way to do it than to use the clubs of one of the best ball strikers on the tour in Luke Donald. (Plus I also share Luke's exact birthday so it seems like a great fit!)

Luke Donald is the reason that I began playing golf seriously. In 2005 I read an article about him and his outstanding iron play in my dad's Gold Digest magazine. Since reading that article, I have followed Donald's career closely. Donald's desire to win a major shows his dedication and love for the game. I have taken these values to heart and have applied them to both golf and everyday life. I work my hardest to achieve the best result possible but never dwell on what fails. This is similar to Donald's way of thinking, try hard for something, and if you fail, there is always another chance. By instilling these values I have been able to achieve "high- honor roll" at my school as well as have both a successful college application run and start to the golf season.

Donald's smooth swing also has helped me in my quest to improve. He swings the club so flawlessly to the finish and it is beautiful to watch. He proves that you do not have to hit it far to succeed. This is similar to my game with emphasis on fairways and irons. A perfect iron shot with a forged club is one of the best feelings and I strive for this on every shot. With clubs from my idol I will have a chance to get as close to playing a round with him as ever. I can only imagine hitting a shot with the same club that has been in Donald's possession.

Mizuno make beautiful, great feeling irons and the MP- 62's are no exception. The thought and care put into their design and production have allowed Mizuno to once again put out yet another perfect iron. I look forward to a chance to hit this club. I brought the MP- 60's a few years ago and loved them but lately they have taken their fair share of abuse. With the economy the way it is I cannot justify going out to drop $900 on a set of Irons. My choice of MP- 60's came down between them and a set of Titleist combo. Because of Donald, I made the choice for Mizuno and have never looked back. Good luck to Luke in the Masters and hopefully he accomplishes his lifelong dream.

When I started playing, my first instructor told me to model my game after someone that was my same build. Luke Donald was his first suggestion, and a little while later I bought Mx-23's since I wans't at the blade level yet. I am now at the level to move up, and feel like I would love to give these irons a try.

sweet contest!!

I recently had to sell my MP-67s as well as the rest of my sticks so that I could pay the bills. I had planned on trading them or selling them to get a set of cavity back irons. MP 62s were on top of my list. But due to financial issues that money had to go to more important things. If I won these irons they would be extra appreciated. Don't worry though thanks to a couple friends here at home and many extremely generous Golfwrx members my golf season will be saved. Golfwrx and the Golfwrx community are hands down the best community on the net. Thanks to all that have supported me in my situation and thanks to Golfwrx for supplying the best forum and members in golf.

You know on second thought... I'm not sure on the criteria you will use to decide the winner (random I assume) maybe you could consider those members who have helped me out by donating golf equipment for me.

Asleep

mizunogrrl

usedtobegood

Iteachgolf

midasmulligan2000

walterjay25

Thanks

headcase59

I haven't been fortunate enough to play a set of Mizunos, but i hope to someday. I've spent enough time staring at them at the golf shop. Mizunos have such a classic look to them, and the sound test video proved they are more than just good looking. I am on my high school golf team, and these clubs would help me get to the next level in my game. Thanks to Mizuno and GolfWRX for such a great contest!

Well what can one say, except in my case, this set would make a great update to my

mizuno mp 60's. I have played mizuno clubs since the introduction of the Pro 2 irons. I think I have had my fair share of experience from playing mizuno clubs. I moved from the

pro 2 irons into the true series,then to the MP 29's. 33's,37's, 32's, 67's, and finally

into the MP 60's. In fact one of my golf friends bought my MP 37's when I updated

earlier. I have had other sets, taylormade, and pings, but they just do not deliver

the same feel that has made mizuno a leader in forged equipment. Much like the video

demonstrates, there is a difference, For as much as you can hear it, you can feel it.

Thanks Golfwrx

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

For starters, Im playing a set of MX-15s, so Im more due for new irons than anyone else on this forum. Secondly, Im by far the biggest Mizuno fan on this forum, so Id appreciate them more than anyone.

Lastly, who wouldnt want a set of forged Mizuno irons??? They are the best irons in the industry and the fact that they are forged makes them feel even sweeter when you hit it pure.

well, I just watched that video and I think whatever the out come of this contest I will be getting Mizuno irons. Ive been looking at them for a while but I just haven't had the cash to get a set. Right now im playing a old set of Dunlop ddh2s, not the best clubs, but hey they were free. I haven't played as much golf over the past few years as Id wanted to, but that will all change this year. I now have access to a great course and will be playing multiple times a week this season. I intend to get a lot better over the course of the season; a new set of clubs will help a lot in that regard, that and lots of practice. Also I'm not a club ho, I keep my stuff for a while so there is no chance you will see this set for sale anytime soon If I were to win them. If I were to decide to switch down the road they would most likely be passed down to a younger golfer in the family. If I were to win these clubs I promise they would not go to waste and would not be put in come case to be shown off either. I promise they would be played and played lots.

Thanks for a great contest.

I would love to have these Mizuno's as my gamers. The buttery feel of the Mizuno Grain Flow Forged irons is amazing. A perfectly struck show of the face of these is the best feeling in the world. These are a beautiful set of irons that would look great in my bag. Also knowing they were Luke's would be great too since he is in my top 5 favorite players.

Well I have been playing MP 32's for 3 years now and they have over 120 rounds. My weekly foursome plays TM, Nike and Titleist. They have been ripping me because I am using my good ole 32's but I am not in a position to buy new irons right now....Anyway I would put them to great use, represent the Luke, Mizuno while beating up on these competitors that have no feel.

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

I've been playing the same set of blades since getting down from around a 25 handicap to a 3 in about 4 years or so. After changing my swing many many times (often trying to mimic Luke Donald's controlled fade, as my build is similar to his) I've been able to hit the blade's fairly consistently. But blades will always be blades, and I've always been regretting getting them over some player's irons. I feel that I will be able to fill in some holes in my iron play with these beautiful set of irons.

I love Golfwrx.com!

I love Mizuno!

I flat out love Golf period!

My first set of irons was MP-14's and I fell in love with golf because of those clubs. Imagine seeing a beginner with MP-14's? I got stares and heard whispers, but you know what I didn't care because I wouldn't have switched clubs if you paid me.

After my very first pured shot, I could never stop trying to reproduce that amazing feel/sound. I will continue to chase that feeling day after day. I would be privileged to get the opportunity to play with Luke's irons and hope I get the chance to keep reproducing one of the best feelings in the world. My current MP-32's, are over 5 years old and I think it's time to retire the old-timer and give the newborn a shot!

Forged Mizuno's = Best feel and sound in golf!

Thanks to Mizuno and GolfWRX!

I'd love to put these in the bag because I'm a forged iron snob and it doesn't get better than Mizzys. The traditional look of a blade with the added forgiveness and sole design are a perfect match.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

I was a long time Titleist fan until I purchased my first set of Mizuno's a few years ago. I won't look at anything else...even if someone begs. I have the MP-62's ready for the snow to melt (yes, still waiting), but would be honored to game Luke's. The reason? I can sell my current set (transforming someone else into a guaranteed Mizuno fan) so I can afford to buy my long time girlfriend an engagement ring. Over the years I've scraped together what I got to get myself a nice set of clubs (working part time at a golf store helps). I'd hate to sell some of my new stuff I bought during winter to get a ring, so this would be a nice opportunity.

Either way, I hope it goes to the right person. I haven't read any other posts, but it's hard to imagine that I'm the best candidate out of the currently 9 pages. But, I won't be disappointed if it IS me. :)

Thanks Mizuno. I'm already sold as a Mizuno fan, so as long as there are Grain Flow Forged irons available, I'll be gaming them until someone cuts my arms off or I'm 6 feet under.

TOP TEN REASONS WHY I DESERVE LUKE DONALD'S IRONS

10. My current set is made of asbestos.

9. My severe shank would be less humiliating if accompanied by the soothing and hypnotic "sound of feel."

8. Because I've already asked every other tour pro for theirs and they all said, "no."

7. Because the only golf club I've ever owned is a left-handed Dunlop 9-iron. My goal is to break 300 this year.

6. Because I've composed a Mizuno haiku (5-7-5):

Hark! The sound of feel,

'Tis sweet Mizuno steel,

Chicks dig the long ball.

5. Because I vow to use them only for good...never, ever for evil.

4. Otherwise, new irons aren't in the budget this year (I'm saving up for a VCR).

3. Because these will match perfectly with my new silver slacks.

2. Because Mizuno means "jedi8802 unleashed" in Japanese.

1. Because these will make the beer cart girl like me.