2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

So I almost slapped a kid today.

axeman310

Well I was on the putting green before my tee time at a local junior tournament when I saw another kid using a putter I definatley recognized, a circle t newport beach center shafted proto. I watched in admiration, mostly because I'd never seen this putter in person. Shortly after I watched in horror as he shoved it into his bag, allowing it to clank off his irons. I thought to myself "why wouldnt this kid use even a cheap generic headcover for this putter that undoubtedly cost him or his parents a pretty penny. Well at least it wasnt an 009 I wouldve died. Thats my story, anyone else have anything about seeing people mistreat expensive clubs?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that is how so many of the putters you see, today, wind up looking like they have been drug behind a car.

I'm not sure if I would have slapped the kid, but I may have went over and wet on his bag. Maybe it's the dog in me, but he would have definitely known that someone noticed the putter abuse.

Call the putter police and report him...........wait, they don't exist, yet........hmmmmm. www.putterpolice.com?

LaMont in AZ

I dunno why ur getting all mad about it...thats insane. Hey there is no other way of taking ur frustration out on anything better then the throwing of a club. Ive tried slamming them in the bag be4 and it hurt like a mother.

Its not like a throw them all the time...very rarely does it happen...how old are you anyway?

You sound like a spoiled kid yourself.

CameronCraze,

Just had to give a little response to your comment about throwing a club in frustration. Yes, they are just clubs. Yes, they are going to get used. Yes, it can be a frustrating game, at times. However, it is guys that throw clubs, scream obscenities, hit their bag with clubs, and other stupid tricks that make me appreciate that my dad taught me right.

It is a gentleman's game. It used to mean that we played as gentlemen. If you threw a club, you looked like an A-hole (sorry, WRX). I think that you still do. Grow up a little bit and control yourself. In my 30+ years of playing, have I thrown a club? Yep. And to this day I remember what an A-hole I must have looked like.

If you want to throw things, go home.

I'll take a beating for this, I am sure. But, the game has deteriorated in the past few years and I had to say just a few words.

No, I am not an old fart...................at least I don't feel old........

LaMont in AZ

cameron... for crying out loud its not like throwing away 5 bucks the putters are 300 + at least throw a wedge sumthing more durable and likely not going to get messed up and throwing clubs at your bag your just asking for a build up of problems bending and breaking of a shaft and ripping the bag what a waste of money and i would understand slaming you putter in your bag if you had a cover

i admit i get really angry and have thrown my share of clubs and all i do is regret it because its just more money out of my poket i have thrown my mil spec about 50 yard i think i blew my top on that one but that was the only time i threw or miss treated a scotty luckly it was wet and didnt bent just my luck it still looks brand knew and thankful i didnt mess it up over my stupidity

golfluvzme (aka Grandaddy),

Thank you for your advice. I would like to set the record straight. I was responding too a childs response about another golfer apparently slamming his putter in his bag. It happend to be a SCOTTY CAMERON. If it wasnt a CAMERON would he had still been mad? I highly doubt it. I was trying to make a point that everyone throws and slams clubs, maybe not in frustration but just dont care about them. I am in the golf business myself, and clubs for me are just clubs. My irons have nicks and normal wear on them for slapping each other in the bags. The cameron i putt with already has scratches on it. Do i care? NO. Do i care if anyone has a problem with it? NO. They are supposed to get banged up. As for it being a gentlemens gamee, yes i totally agree. The first time i threw a club happend to be with my father and boy did i wish i hadnt have done it. But i am older now and i get the feeling everyone is throwing me under the bus like they have never thrown a club EVER? I find that very hard to believe. I do not curse while playing like some role models do on tour (ie TIGER WOODS). I think he should be ashamed for how he acts on TV and on the golf course. Thanks for the advice. Next time i slam a club in my bag i will think about you and what you said. I am going to print out your response and keep it in my left pocket so i can try and control myself.

Hey trust me i know how much shafts are. I totally dont throw the expensive shafts...but a dynamic gold S300 is what $18 bucks? LOL. I understand camerons are expensive but the kid is using the putter for his gamer. Maybe he's not serious about a cameron putter like the rest of the world is. I collect them but i dont dedicate my life to them.

yes eventually every club will get banged up over time but i belive you can keep a scotty gamer looking new for years that is if you are a TRUE CAMERON CRAZE

we are still kids and with kids haveing no to low paying jobs i belive 20 takes a toll on your wallet and it cost alot to get a qualty reshaft more like 40 im not the one to send it to galaxy to get a lazy Job done for 20 bucks

So just because i like Cameron Putters i have to keep it in prestine condition? Are you one of those people who takes forever to take the plastic off the grip because you dont want to decrease the value of the putter? I totally think 300 bucks for a putter is rediculous. Sorry to say i only pay cost for them and even that is expensive. I think they are fun to collect because they are worth some money, but honestly i dont think they are anything special to putt with.

are you kidding me for one dont judge me because you have no idea who your taking to

one the most i have paid for a scotty is 206$ and thats alot to me

and i would be ripping the plastic just it can be that much faster to get it in play i think collecting is wac unless you have thousands of dollars to blow on circle T's and 009 but who would want to collect scottys other than those besides the oneof a kinds

i play with the putters i dont collect

First off, I didn't mean to start a fight with this thread

Secondly, I wasnt mad at the fact that the kid was abusing a club. I'll admit that I've been one to toss a wedge or two, even though I always felt stupid afterward. I was mad that he was abusing a beautiful tour Cameron, especially one that I've wanted to get my hands on for some time. I've seen plenty of people (kids and adults alike) that have thrown /broken clubs during a round (I played with a kid that snapped 3 shafts on his knee in 9 holes) and I just laughed at how stupid they looked. THis one just seemed to strike a nerve.

rifle or ttdg i havent but i know the price the prices are high were i live if you want a good job reshaft knowing there wont be problems youll spend some money and if you want it cheap like going to galaxy your going to get a lazy job and going to have problems

thats why i hope i can run a repair shop and do a quality job for a good price

i am relaxed i just can understand you coments just plain cluelessness

yeah i have scratches but no dings and im careful but not very care full

Wow this is some interesting post. I think everyone took CameronCraze's first comment a little too seriously. I really don't see the point in judging someone based on a "club throwing" comment. Hey an entire book was written on it (101 Ways to Toss a Golf Club; Great read by the way). Everyone has the right to do what they want and if it's against what you believe to be true, don't comment on it at all. Everyone's commenting on how their parents taught them to be gentlemenly; well I remember our mothers and fathers also saying (or mabye it's just me) "If you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say it anything at all" Anyway just my .02. By the way, cameron craze, The underhand happens to be a favorite of a friend of mine and boy do we have a laugh about it afterwards!

KinG

Cory I dont think i was talking about your set? I think your taking this wayyy outta contex. Or maybe its because you are 15 I dont know. I will be totally honest with you, i was not spoiled as a child. I played with Taylor Made Knock offs until i was just starting in the golf business where i then bought a set of 990's for 200 bucks. And i caddied for year up until that point so i was able to afford those clubs. Again i dont think i said a word about your set. I think ya need be a little careful reading the posts.

Thanks KingOAces...i was wondering if there were other normal people in this thread. About the underhand, i do enjoy that one as well...I would recommend the OVER THE HAND club spinning throw. Its a doozy watching it roll down the fairway. HA!

If you havent thrown a club, you've either never played more than 1 round, or you're lying. I've done it, but never with my putter that I spent $240 on. Now if you really earned the money for your clubs, there is no way you would ever want any damage done to them. Yes a putter is going to be worn on after a while, but why would you want to putt with a piece of crap with scratches/dings/dents all over it?

Whenever I am mad enough to throw a club, I have the presence of mind to make sure I throw it somewhere where it is not going to hurt anyone and do minimal to zero damage to the club.

BTW, my favorite throw would be hammer throw style :drinks: