Scotty question, Is the C5 going to be released

OBandPL

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to person at table rock golf course. Did not have any at that time - had some earlier and expect some in the furture. Was told without a cough $1,600!

Those are the Tour versions and I believe were going on ebay for over 2k.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

according to a post on cameron collector, table rock believes by end of june.

You are right on / this and the 009 head style have been two of the hottest topics on the CC site / I have talked to very reliable sources that know scotty personally, they all have said that an early summer (RETAIL LAUNCH) should happen! :) :tongue:

You are right on / this and the 009 head style have been two of the hottest topics on the CC site / I have talked to very reliable sources that know scotty personally, they all have said that an early summer (RETAIL LAUNCH) should happen! :) :tongue:

That is good news.

Are you saying that the 009 and the C-5 are coming to retail???? OMG I sure hope so baby!!!

I wish Scotty Cameron would stick to making putters - rather than collector's items. I understamd that the market allows and encourages this, but the though of spending $2000 for a putter I will never use is inane. Right now - with his headcovers, holiday and limited putters, and grips - he is doing nothing more than selling Beanie Babies.

As for the C5 - $500-$700 retail pricing is a joke. Anyone should be ashamed who pays that for an off-the-shelf , non-custom putter.

PING i25 9.5º Driver
PING G25 15º 3 Wood
PING G25 20º & 23º Hyrbids
PING G25 5-UW
Cleveland 588 RTG 56º and 60º
Odyssey ProType ix #1

I disagree. I think that it is not crazy to spend $500 or $700 on a putter. Your putter comes into play more in a round than any other club in your bag...that is if you are not a hack. People spend $500 on drivers but those same people frawn on spending that much on a club that is way more important than their drivers.

MB

How come so many people on this board can slam TM for their releasing of new drivers every month, but stand by scotty? S.C. can talk all he wants about how is only concern is the truest roll of the ball off a putter face, but that is obviously only secondary to making money. Do not get me wrong, I am not faulting him for this.

It's about time we removed the reverance we have for some of these industry folks and took them for what they are, people who are looking to extract the most amount of money as possible from consumers. I knwo there is a lot of tour knowledge here, so does anyone know anyone using a circa 62? Aren't those 4 putters just a waste really? Let's face it, Scotty makes some great putters, but once you find2 maybe three putters you can swap in and out depending on your confidence level and such, what else do you need to do besides practice your stroke?

Scotty got if figured out and god bless him. He has found peopl who will custom order a 009 for a premium price. What was the price tag on those? Is there really that $ value of workmanship or effort put into a 009?

I love the comment about Scotty selling beanie babies, so true.

By the way, if during this post someone realized they paid way too much for a 009, and need to get rid of it, so even the sight of it doesn't make them sick to their stomach to spending that much on a putter, PM and I will take it off your hands for $100

:)

A few things....

1. Drivers "are changing" in terms of technology, for the most part, putters are not, the C5 is revolutionary, and until you putt with one I suggest you reserve comment, just ask those who have. Putter like the Studio Style for the feed back and GSS insert...some like the old style finish and look of the circas (and yes MANY people are playing them)..some love the mallet of the Red X and the alignment of the Futura....putting is a confidence thing...how the club looks, how it aligns, which eye dominant you are...all these things make a player fall into a specific catagory and club. Scotty is providing an option for each player.

2. Reguarding making money, if that was the case, SC would not have stopped the ordering of 009s. You can no longer "order one"

3. If you really have to ask and rationalize about the price, its just not for you...and thats fine...clothes cover you back all the same but the quality and price range is huge. Cars all take you from point A to point B....its how you want to get there.

There are other good handmades and custom made putter out there besides Scotty, but the following, passion and collecting of his fans is second to none, and this is a portion or the 009s draw that some dont always consider. 009's are going up in value even more currently with the Studio STOPPING Custom orders....009s now bring 2200-2300...and for those that think that is crazy since they can get a whole bag equiped for that...thats fine, your entitlted to that opnion but dont go call those that do have one, stupid, a waste of money, thats just a copy, thats crazy, your dumb...etc....something that I have noticed ALOT of in my first 100 posts at WRX and its disheartning to see.

JAT.

How in the world did this become the same old tired arguement about Scotty's putters being over priced???

Last time I checked, Scotty was still top of the putter market. That doesn't happen by accident. If you feel its over priced, then don't buy it retail. Buy it off ebay at a significant discount.

As for the "design" card, can you tell the hours of thoughts and tweaks that go into a design? The number of people involved and the marketing it takes to bring to market?

Also about the 009 and custom orders. As far as I remember, Tour putters are still being produced but "custom" Tour orders are not for a period of time. Finally, Scotty is protective of the collector market but, he has brought Tour only finishes and designs out to retail as a limited released. The Inspired by Duval, JAT LB and MB became Studio 5 and 6. And depending upon how the C-5 comes out, that originally was going to be Tour only...

and for those that think that is crazy since they can get a whole bag equiped for that...thats fine, your entitlted to that opnion but dont go call those that do have one, stupid, a waste of money, thats just a copy, thats crazy, your dumb...etc....something that I have noticed ALOT of in my first 100 posts at WRX and its disheartning to see.

NS, do you believe WRX allows excessive bashing of SC? If so, why do you think that and what would you consider fair critism?

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Gx-I dont think you allow accessive bashing...but what I have noticed alot in my first 100 posts here is alot of the same arguments and comments from alot of the same people that see to have some barb with SC and the people that play them. You know the posts that I am talking about...the ones that get locked...

Its just amazing to me that there are some on here that for one reason or another play something other then a Cameron and love there putter...thats great....but what I also notice is they make it a point to try and put down SC.

I dont want to generalize but it seems the majority of these comments are comming from TP Mills guys......

I mean, Scotty ripped of this, Scotty ripped of that, Scotty copied this...why pay that when you can get this, why play the same thing as all the "sheep" ,Mills will talk to you, SC is not a people person, Scotty is overpriced, whats diffrent about a tour putter thats worth it, nothing, Scotty is only good becuase of the money behind him, you pay this much for a headcover, staff bag...thats STUPID ... etc etc etc it goes on and on and on....I could find more if I needed to.

Point and fact the jealousness is ridiclous. I mean hell, we have a thread 4 pages long about a kid putting a putter in his bag harder then someone liked seeing. Are you freaking kidding me?

Scotty dominates the tour, yes...and I think that just makes alot of people made and angry and spiteful for some really stupid reason.

Then if there is a negative thread about SC...all the haters run to it like piranas to blood....so they can post how crazy, stupid, etc SC is...

The oddpart to me is I dont see to see the issues comming from the TM guys, Yes guys, Ping guys...even the Bettnardi guys....its mostly the Mills contingent I notice....

again, this is not to single anyone out, I know there are some SC contingent that are just as annoying with running around with there noses up in the air at everything not SC and thats not better. Just some thoughts.

as far as what I would consider fair....I will give you an example...I play a Studio Style 2.5, I really like the feed back....I went and tried the Circa 62s and to me they cannot be aligned very well the dark head makes the lines meld into on dark block of metal and with only a sight oval, I think that alignment is not the best, which is why I passed on one....I think something like that is perfectly good and fair...I posted that myself...the issue is when people start bashing becuase of all the things listed above.

How in the world did this become the same old tired arguement about Scotty's putters being over priced???

Last time I checked, Scotty was still top of the putter market. That doesn't happen by accident. If you feel its over priced, then don't buy it retail. Buy it off ebay at a significant discount.

As for the "design" card, can you tell the hours of thoughts and tweaks that go into a design? The number of people involved and the marketing it takes to bring to market?

Also about the 009 and custom orders. As far as I remember, Tour putters are still being produced but "custom" Tour orders are not for a period of time. Finally, Scotty is protective of the collector market but, he has brought Tour only finishes and designs out to retail as a limited released. The Inspired by Duval, JAT LB and MB became Studio 5 and 6. And depending upon how the C-5 comes out, that originally was going to be Tour only...

GX- Let me take your post as an example of how a post like yours I have seen replyed too...

Scotty is only the top player becuase he has the marketing power of titleist and he brainwashes people to think he is the best, plus he pays huge sums of money to his players. I dont want to buy a SC at retail, I would much rather spend a little more get a custom (brand) and deal with people that really do care about me and my game unlike SC who just want my money.

Design, what design, everything is stolen, the Newport is an Anser, then Circa 62 is a Mills....he didnt do anything special...he slapped a new stap, finish and paint on it.

Whoever pays 2K for a putter is dumb. I can fill out an entire bag for the price.

NSalvatore is mostly right. Anytime a thread is started regarding anything Scotty Cameron, the haters appear. I own an 009, paid a bunch for it, but don't regret a single penny. So, I boil it down to this:

If you like the Cameron product, and you have the money, then buy it. If you don't like the Cameron product or don't have the money, then don't buy it. I could care less what anyone else thinks, especially when it's my money and my decision. Let the haters hate.

That said, if/when the C-5 comes to retail, I'll spend the $300 - $700 to try one because I want to and could care less what the haters say.

Thanks!

I now own both a 009 (it arrived today :idhitit: ) and a custom T.P.Mills. One cost $375 the other $2300 - and they are both wonderful putters. It is about want not need, and in that way it is a bit like owning expensive motor cars, jewellery or art - if you can afford it then who actually cares as the real worth is in the eye of the beholder!

Many of my friends own art pieces that are worth tens of thousands of dollars and I think they are hideous, but they aren't hanging on my wall...............so I don't go slating them about their taste in art.

Andre

PS I'll post pics of the 009 (and the TPM if you want) as soon as I can get them into natural sunlight

A 009 is Scottys omage to the Original Ping Anser putter.

Read this: a great thread giving 009 info from start to finish here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25003

With answers from myself and a few other big SC guys from CameronCollector.com

You have a great bag going there...time to drop the Rossa and pick up a Scotty!

If you have any ?'s just ask!

I too have a beautiful 009 and a new circa 62. I would also like to get a c-5 and try it. I have always felt SC produced a superior product and did a great marketing job. If you talk the talk, then you had better walk the walk and IMHO SC does just that. Hey just check out my signature.LOL :idhitit:

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X