2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

THE HAMMER Pay it forward experiment

Me and Coldsoul are both in Manitoba. Maybe ship it to one of us, and we can split postage to send it wherever else (Alaska? Europe?).

So what's POOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! in German?

D -  TM Stealth+ Kuro Kage 5th Gen 60g S

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

4-PW W/S D7 Forged KBS $ Taper Lite S
48* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

54* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

60* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

Putter - 22 TM Spider X Short Slant Hydroblast

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ScooterMcTavish' post='1968204' date='Sep 23 2009, 04:33 PM']Me and Coldsoul are both in Manitoba. Maybe ship it to one of us, and we can split postage to send it wherever else (Alaska? Europe?).

So what's POOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! in German?[/quote]

I would definitely be down to drive to meet scooter to play 9 holes each with this driver it will be weird to shoot a 25 front or back with zolex and a 45ish back or front with my driver but it will be good times. I agree with Scooter that we would have to pay for it to go to another exotic location.

Hammer Update:

Hammer will be in this Friday and you're dang sure this is going into play this weekend. I will get it shipped out to Fishlips next as he is only the next state over. I will compile a list of participants this weekend and will post who I have participating and in the order of where it will ship next so everyone can keep tabs on it.

Rules: You HAVE TO play a full round with it let everyone here know the highlights of your round. A picture Has to be posted with the HAMMER during your round, or you will be disqualified from participation any of my next hair brained scheme. POOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW must be yelled on par fives.

And as always...WHO'S NEXT with MY ZOLEX??

[quote name='Zlim' post='1964408' date='Sep 21 2009, 07:35 PM']The system could be...

Put in the names of all the people who PM you with the message title of POOOOOOWWW! of whatever. [b]be sure that the PM include name and address
[/b]
then edit your original post (make sure you copy and paste it to a word file for backup) and add the names in order (like the club ho challenge)

then just cross it off as it gets shipped (you have their pm's so you can reply and follow up)

easier said then done of course but just a suggestion.[/quote]

I know, I know,I know, I am the wet blanket who is ultra careful. But do me a favor, dont post every participants name and address for everyone to see.
Send it to the first person and then send him the name and the address of where it should go next ( Boston to NH; Nh to NJ; Nj to NC so on and so forth, that way we dont have our info for everyone to see and use.

By the way, my mother just had a triple by-pass today and she is in Beth Israel hospital, I am there everyday ( till next tuesday) so I could save you the shipping charges if you want to meet in person in the city.

[quote name='fishlips723' post='1968637' date='Sep 23 2009, 08:29 PM'][quote name='Zlim' post='1964408' date='Sep 21 2009, 07:35 PM']The system could be...

Put in the names of all the people who PM you with the message title of POOOOOOWWW! of whatever. [b]be sure that the PM include name and address
[/b]
then edit your original post (make sure you copy and paste it to a word file for backup) and add the names in order (like the club ho challenge)

then just cross it off as it gets shipped (you have their pm's so you can reply and follow up)

I know, I know,I know, I am the wet blanket who is ultra careful. But do me a favor, dont post every participants name and address for everyone to see.
Send it to the first person and then send him the name and the address of where it should go next ( Boston to NH; Nh to NJ; Nj to NC so on and so forth, that way we dont have our info for everyone to see and use.

By the way, my mother just had a triple by-pass today and she is in Beth Israel hospital, I am there everyday ( till next tuesday) so I could save you the shipping charges if you want to meet in person in the city.
[/quote]

there's no way of not showing all the participants the other participant's information. you would have to provide a list of everyone involved, and it's up to each person to cross their name off the list and send to the next nearest person.

[quote name='Titleist1455' post='1968681' date='Sep 23 2009, 09:50 PM'][quote name='fishlips723' post='1968637' date='Sep 23 2009, 08:29 PM'][quote name='Zlim' post='1964408' date='Sep 21 2009, 07:35 PM']The system could be...

[/b]

[/quote]

there's no way of not showing all the participants the other participant's information. you would have to provide a list of everyone involved, and it's up to each person to cross their name off the list and send to the next nearest person.
[/quote]
I dont agree.He has my personal info already and he can very simply pm me only the info of who and where its going next and so on and so forth. You can still have the master list of who and what state its going next, but not the detail of that persons name and address.

If you dont think marketers and salespeople are not reading this, then you are mistaking.

My God, I have tears coming from my eyes:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0ef3VN3DA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0ef3VN3DA[/url]

"Booooom!"
"Pooooooowwwwww!"
"Wham!!!!!!!"

and my favourite at :44

"gaaarggggggaaaaahhhhh"

This is going to be wayyy too much fun.

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

I live just outside Sacramento in Rocklin CA and think this would a lot of fun. count me in.

In fact maybe the 2 guys from Sac and I could all play as a 3 some and all yell POWWWWWWWW everytime we all hit. That could be 3 POWWWWWW's for every tee shot. That course would hate us :ban:

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='mxer581' post='1969055' date='Sep 24 2009, 12:46 AM']How about we play it at Ancil?[/quote]

too many tree's to really get the good POWWWWW out of it. Wildhawk, Empire Ranch would be perfect to get the old vocals going :rolleyes:

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

a little more open for our vocals to carry.

I know of one guy who bought this club and we can never get him to bring it out with him but he told us that no one he ever lets hit it can actually hit it straight. I think that is funny and I keep telling him if he yells like the infomercial he could hit it straight :cheesy: it's all in the POWWWWW but he wont do it.

PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='ScooterMcTavish' post='1968204' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:33 PM']Me and Coldsoul are both in Manitoba. Maybe ship it to one of us, and we can split postage to send it wherever else (Alaska? Europe?).

So what's POOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! in German?[/quote]

It is still forbidden to export Rocket Technology to certain countries outside the US of A. To ship the Hammer to Europe, you won't need permission from the state department as long as you have a "Declaration of Material Security" from JPL or another reputable testing laboratory.

Where it gets a little hairy is when you try to send pictures or videos of Jack Hamm to 3rd or 4th world countries. Hamm's driving technique is considered an American national treasure, and falls under the national security act from 1903. FYI, You-Tube vids of JH and the Hammer are still blocked in Poland, Germany and Switzerland because of this somewhat archaic law.

The word POOOOOOOOWWWWW therefore is unknown in the German language...however some sub-cultures have organized themselves around the "Hammer" phenomena, and have developed a secret translation which basically sounds like: "Aaarrrrggghhh", but for the members of this organization this means "POOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!".

By the way, the usage of Zolex in everyday items is forbidden in 17 countries world wide, and in some nations it's usage is punishable by:

Death by infomercial (slow death)
Death by over-mating (pleasant death)
Death by ridicule (just plain dead)

So please be carefull of where you send the Hammer...it could cause certain problems for certain people.

Fishlips, sorry to hear about your mother. I hope everything is ok. Do you want to meet up Tuesday and we can do a handoff? We'll take a picture of this historic moment.

To ease everybody's mind, I will only post the state and screen name of the WRXer. The person with the Hammer in hand will have to PM the next person on the list to get shipping address.....sounds good?

[quote name='jlam1127' post='1972272' date='Sep 25 2009, 07:43 PM']To ease everybody's mind, I will only post the state and screen name of the WRXer. The person with the Hammer in hand will have to PM the next person on the list to get shipping address.....sounds good?[/quote]

Maybe print off a list of the screen names and ship it with the Hammer too. Although, it may not be a current list after a couple of weeks. Just brainstorming.

[quote name='jlam1127' post='1972272' date='Sep 25 2009, 08:43 PM']Fishlips, sorry to hear about your mother. I hope everything is ok. Do you want to meet up Tuesday and we can do a handoff? We'll take a picture of this historic moment.

To ease everybody's mind, I will only post the state and screen name of the WRXer. The person with the Hammer in hand will have to PM the next person on the list to get shipping address.....sounds good?[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words jlam, she is doing better but this whole thing sucks. I hope no one here will ever see their loved ones in ICU, its pure hell. ( Oh no, I used hell and sucks in a respond, I am sure some marshall here is going to delete this, but who the f cares ).

It really puts bogies and doubles in a perspective.

All that said, I am going to bow out of this experiment, I just dont know how or when I can take the thing on a test drive and I am not going to hold everyone up.
I think it is a great idea and I wish everyone a great fun trying it out.
Best Regards
Ramin Foroughi

I already sent in the PM to get in on this test but I just had to add

POOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

The greatest part(s) of the video are
1-Seeing the space shuttle lifting off into space to simulate the awesome lift off force the Hammer X delivers
2-Hearing the announcer talk about the club itself "No CC's, no body, no bulk!" (I can't remember the last time I looked at my driver and thought "Ugh this thing is waaaaaaay to bulky, it doesn't make any sense!" I also love how the shaft is "flat like a sword, cutting through the air like a knife" (as apposed to a pair of scissors) but you really have to emphasis the word "knife"
And ultimately everyone's favorite part
3-The man, the myth, the legend Jack Hamm himself saying his famous (and should be trademarked) punchline "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" as he drives his "Hammer X" ball over the mountains

I wonder if it was the deadly combo of the Hammer X coupled with the Hammer X ball that delivered his massive 473 yard drive? Does anyone know where we can get those awesome Hammer X balls at???

[quote name='Double True' post='1974120' date='Sep 27 2009, 01:33 AM']The greatest part(s) of the video are
1-Seeing the space shuttle lifting off into space to simulate the awesome lift off force the Hammer X delivers
2-Hearing the announcer talk about the club itself "No CC's, no body, no bulk!" (I can't remember the last time I looked at my driver and thought "Ugh this thing is waaaaaaay to bulky, it doesn't make any sense!" I also love how the shaft is "flat like a sword, cutting through the air like a knife" (as apposed to a pair of scissors) but you really have to emphasis the word "knife"
And ultimately everyone's favorite part
3-The man, the myth, the legend Jack Hamm himself saying his famous (and should be trademarked) punchline "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" as he drives his "Hammer X" ball over the mountains

I wonder if it was the deadly combo of the Hammer X coupled with the Hammer X ball that delivered his massive 473 yard drive? Does anyone know where we can get those awesome Hammer X balls at???[/quote]

Why Can't the shaft that's like a sword...just cut through the air like a sword? It has become a guilty pleasure to wake up on a Saturday morning and watch the Hammer X or Dr. Feelgood. A couple guys and I had a boring day at the office and called the phone number...no one answered and an answering machine circa 1992 popped on (definitely the right number) at that point I was curious and googled the PO box...sure enough...it is his home in Colorado....Jack probably didn't answer because he was using the DR. Feelgood to hunt Bears and Mountain Lions. I would give anything to get in on this magic guys.

OK here is the list of participants that I think should be sent in this order. I will send the club out this week:

Summ 68 Albany NY
Eobehren Millwood, NY
Pcathcart Greensborough, NC
Mongoosedog Franklin, NC
Tmorales Puerto Rico
Headgames Philly,PA
Pdobrove Elmhusrt, IL
Circa Livonia, MI
Lean23 Kansas
Rohlio Oregon
Golf Punx Sac, Ca
My2dogs Sac, Ca
Scooter Manitoba, Winn
ColdSoul Manitoba, Winn

Am I missing anyone??? Please PM me your physical address and I can send the club out this week! ENJOY FELLAS!

Hi guys,

FYI I hope we have another few join so we can keep the Hammer in the Southern US during the winter.

We'll be lucky to have four more weeks of golf and the Coldsoul and I will be in hibernation until May. Mind you, if everyone keeps it for a week and it takes a week to ship, we may be close to opening week, 2010!

So jlam, where is the video of you hitting the hammer and going PPOOOOOOOOWWWWW! Or, like in the Hammer X video, GRRRRRRAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!?!

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA)