2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Golfwrx.com Pay it Forward Thread (Social Experiment)

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... So it's a bit disappointing that this thread has died out...

I'm going to attempt to revive it.

I'm giving away a MacGregor 8.5* M38 driver. It is shafted with a made for Graphite Design YS-6.1 in X-flex. It does come with the original headcover. I'll try to ship within the next week, as I'm not sure when I'll next be at the post office.

I used this driver all throughout high school and most of college. It's relatively low launching and is a super clean head. No alignment marks. One small scuff on the heel does not affect play. I'd give it an 8/10, but it's free, so do you really care?

I'd prefer to send this to a deserving junior or a golfer in need of a new driver.

First person to PM me with their name, address, and reason for needing the driver will get it. My only request is that you "pay if forward" in the spirit of this thread. I truly hope this will reinvigorate this thread.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1380077873' post='7906899']

I'm giving away a MacGregor 8.5* M38 driver. It is shafted with a made for Graphite Design YS-6.1 in X-flex. It does come with the original headcover. I'll try to ship within the next week, as I'm not sure when I'll next be at the post office.

I used this driver all throughout high school and most of college. It's relatively low launching and is a super clean head. No alignment marks. One small scuff on the heel does not affect play. I'd give it an 8/10, but it's free, so do you really care?

I'd prefer to send this to a deserving junior or a golfer in need of a new driver.

First person to PM me with their name, address, and reason for needing the driver will get it. My only request is that you "pay if forward" in the spirit of this thread. I truly hope this will reinvigorate this thread.
[/quote]
Nice touch

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max D 12° Driver

Ping BeCu Eye 2 + Brown Dot 4-PW/SW Irons

Taylormade MySpider GT Putter

[quote name='MrTmag' timestamp='1380120510' post='7908343']
[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1380077873' post='7906899']

[/quote]
Nice touch
[/quote]
Thanks... No PM's... Maybe nobody on WRX needs an old driver? Has a maxxed COR so it's every bit as long as the +21 yard drivers of today...

Still available...

I have some Hibore hybrids (16/19/22) that I could donate. Lefty.

I have a Cally Diablo Edge Tour LH driver I am willing to donate.

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Driver claimed... Heading to San Angelo, TX!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='freddiec' timestamp='1145470189' post='178058']
I have a 60 degree vokey oil finish, 4 degree bounce in really great shape. Who wants it? And what would you give me?

btw- this experiment/idea is incredible.
[/quote]I realize that I'm 8 years too late, LMAO, and Freddie did indeed catch & correct himself in the last sentence however this is friickin priceless, LMFAO!!!

I swear, I almost spit my jello out LMFAO :)

This is proof that posts that make ya laugh are timeless!!

Oh yea, to any that I've sent stuff out to, on this and any other board, I'll be in touch, lol

Have a great day Gals & Gents :)

My Best,
Richard

:) I was kidding :)

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• 3 months later...

I have a like new Nickent 3DX 2 hybrid head only if anyone knows of a junior or beginner looking for a 2 hybrid. It's a cannon of a head, .370 hosel. PM me address info...

TaylorMade M5 10.5* Atmos Black 6x TS
TaylorMade M5 15* Pro 2.0 7x
915Hd 2H & 3H Speeder 904HB X
TaylorMade P790, 4-P DG 105 Stiff
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50SB, 54SB, 60 Hi Toe
TaylorMade DJ Spider 34" UST Frequency Filtered
TP5X

• 10 months later...

Let me tell you something, I have been a member here for a little more than a year. I would say since July, I have been logging on everyday and coming straight to this thread to see if anyone has paid it forward or have looked into getting something that was posted. I need a HERO here!! LOL Everyday I hope this thread will get revived, WELL, I then asked myself, wait why aren't you trying to carry on this thread? I had to look inside myself gosh darn it. So I did, and I realized, WOAH, you know someone that needs a hybrid!. The last thing that was posted in December 2014 was a hybrid, albeit it was posted 11 months ago! So I took a chance and PM'd CBRADGO. He replied back to me in less than a day and said it was STILL available! So here I am sitting in front of the computer, and my soon to be hybrid is being tracked thru USPS and should arrive tomorrow. The next few posts will be my attempt to revive this thread and to find out if there is still hope and people willing to pay it forward!

[color=#282828]In the interest of promoting a sense of community and integrity arkstorm came up with a little social experiment. However, recently, it has suffered and I began to lose faith in humanity. My mission is to jump start the thread and to try to keep it going. I, juice__25, if no objections are made, will set the rules, and act as a defacto coordinator.[/color]

[color=#282828]Here is my modified post based on arkstorm's original post:

If you’re on this site reading this post you’re a golf nut. And as such, you have old golf stuff that you don’t need and will never use. Let’s pass it on to someone who wants it… The trick is though, anyone can receive an item, but once you receive an item you must pay it forward and offer up an item of your own.

The rules are thorough but simple.
1) You see an item you want or need, Claim that item![/color]
[color=#282828]2) Once you have received confirmation that the item is yours (but no later than 48 hours after you have received said item), you must post an item(s) of your own to be offered up to WRXers who might need or want it.[/color]
[color=#282828]3) Items can be anything even unrelated to golf (Items with pictures work best). [/color]
[color=#282828]a. The item you offer should not have contingencies like, PMer must be a beginner or junior golfer. It should be open to everyone.[/color]
[color=#282828]b. The item should be comparable value, but it doesn't have to be. Most items are in the $5-$20 range, BUT this may not always be the case. For example, A retired 65 year old may receive a headcover, and offer up a set of classic Wilson X-31s. A junior golfer may PM him and try to receive the pay it forward. However, since he is a junior golfer, he can not really afford to give a comparable valued item. We don't want to limit the amount of giving!! The junior golfer will try to offer up the best he can afford. Obviously the honor system is in affect, don't try to get rid of a cheap item to get a higher value item that you can sell, this is about paying it forward not let me come out on top. [/color]
[color=#282828]c. You can offer up more than ONE item at a time, so that you can get more interest! You are only required to send one though to the first person that PMs you.[/color]
[color=#282828]4) If no one is interested in your item(s) after one month, it is recommended that you post a more desirable item! One such item is golf balls!! Everyone always needs golf balls![/color]
[color=#282828]5) As stated, the first person to PM you his/her address and ask for your item is the new potential owner of the item you are offering. COMMUNICATION IS KEY.[/color]
[color=#282828]6) Once you have your item claimed, create a new or modify your existing post letting people know it is claimed and you must ship your item to that person within 48 hours of confirming their address.
7) In the interest of fairness, US addresses are RECOMMENDED, otherwise the shipping charges can get out of hand. However, if you are feeling especially generous you can ship to outside the CONUS, [/color]
[color=#282828]8) As always, you must not charge a single penny, not even for shipping. This is pay it forward![/color]
[color=#282828]9) If you never see an item you want, but have stuff you want to donate, then go ahead and OFFER IT UP!! Multiple and simultaneous pay it forwards are welcome! I want this idea tree to take root and and for multiple branches to grow![/color]
[color=#282828]10) Above all else, have fun.[/color]

[color=#282828]As stated before, I have volunteered to be a defacto coordinator, if I see the thread dying, or something else, then I will try to keep the thread alive!! If you feel the rules are unfair, then please chime in, I want this fair for everyone![/color]

[color=#282828]The object of this game is to see how long we can go before greed or neglect ends the chain (And if you have followed this thread, then you have seen it happen). After all, all you will be out is the cost of shipping something you don’t want anyway. I’m curious to see how this will play out.

Giving feels good…[/color]

Let's get this thread jumpstarted!!

[quote name='CBRADGO' timestamp='1418075689' post='10563921']
I have a like new Nickent 3DX 2 hybrid head only if anyone knows of a junior or beginner looking for a 2 hybrid. It's a cannon of a head, .370 hosel. PM me address info...
[/quote]

I will receive my hybrid tomorrow afternoon by USPS from CBRADGO (Thanks man)!
I will pay it forward by offering up one of three items to the first person to PM me.

1. A Titleist 907d2 headcover in relatively good to great condition! Will fit any 460cc head if you don't have a 907. CLAIMED
2. Golden Tee Home Edition! Found this at the thrift store for 75 cents, Graphics are old school, but it is a hoot to play, especially if you like playing the original Golden Tee at the bars. You will notice where the dog chewed on the end of the cord, but that in no way affects play, It still fits over the video outlet behind your tv or entertainment system.
3. Longhorns Team Effort Divot Tool with magnetic ball marker! Found this at the golf course, gave it to the PRO and he said if no one claims it in two weeks, you can have it, Well 3 months later, and it is mine, and has been sitting in a drawer ever since. I went to Mississippi State University and my hometown team is the Texas Tech Red Raiders! Hail STATE and Wreck'em Tech!! Longhorns suck! lol JK, these sell for like $13-15 at big box stores, IDK why, but if you are a longhorn fan, it is yours!

[quote name='Juice__25' timestamp='1446686794' post='12554284']
Let's get this thread jumpstarted!!

[quote name='CBRADGO' timestamp='1418075689' post='10563921']
[/quote]

I will receive my hybrid tomorrow afternoon by USPS from CBRADGO (Thanks man)!
I will pay it forward by offering up one of three items to the first person to PM me.

1. A Titleist 907d2 headcover in relatively good to great condition! Will fit any 460cc head if you don't have a 907.
2. Golden Tee Home Edition! Found this at the thrift store for 75 cents, Graphics are old school, but it is a hoot to play, especially if you like playing the original Golden Tee at the bars. You will notice where the dog chewed on the end of the cord, but that in no way affects play, It still fits over the video outlet behind your tv or entertainment system.
3. Longhorns Team Effort Divot Tool with magnetic ball marker! Found this at the golf course, gave it to the PRO and he said if no one claims it in two weeks, you can have it, Well 3 months later, and it is mine, and has been sitting in a drawer ever since. I went to Mississippi State University and my hometown team is the Texas Tech Red Raiders! Hail STATE and Wreck'em Tech!! Longhorns suck! lol JK, these sell for like $13-15 at big box stores, IDK why, but if you are a longhorn fan, it is yours!
[/quote]

Nickent was from December of last year.. was that still available?

wow...

It was and got mailed earlier this week and received today. PIF has no shelf life...

Fun fact juice_25, I graduated from State as well, still live in MS. HAIL STATE!!!

TaylorMade M5 10.5* Atmos Black 6x TS
TaylorMade M5 15* Pro 2.0 7x
915Hd 2H & 3H Speeder 904HB X
TaylorMade P790, 4-P DG 105 Stiff
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50SB, 54SB, 60 Hi Toe
TaylorMade DJ Spider 34" UST Frequency Filtered
TP5X

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Juice_25 dude it didn't take long for you to corrupt your own version of play it forward... dude its not about placing a dollar value on an item you are donating, which you did.

Also although I would agree with some of your rules; the fact that you need rules is a statement in itself.

Also ruling out all non americans is rather rude, after all a golfwrx member is a member and the last time I checked golf is played the same way in all parts of the world. But I digress, at least you are trying...

Its obvious that, there are members on here that have taken advantage of this play it forward, maybe they didn't understand it, maybe they couldn't get over their own need to acquire something for free, maybe they feel they don't have nothing to give away or dont want to give anything away.

never the less, the social experiment I'm sad to say has failed. As with many things it has been corrupted by your need to feel that you are not being taken advantage of and by your need to acquire something of "equal value".

Hello all,

Juice_25 dude it didn't take long for you to corrupt your own version of play it forward... dude its not about placing a dollar value on an item you are donating, which you did.

Also although I would agree with some of your rules; the fact that you need rules is a statement in itself.

Also ruling out all non americans is rather rude, after all a golfwrx member is a member and the last time I checked golf is played the same way in all parts of the world. But I digress, at least you are trying...

Its obvious that, there are members on here that have taken advantage of this play it forward, maybe they didn't understand it, maybe they couldn't get over their own need to acquire something for free, maybe they feel they don't have nothing to give away or dont want to give anything away.

never the less, the social experiment I'm sad to say has failed. As with many things it has been corrupted by your need to feel that you are not being taken advantage of and by your need to acquire something of "equal value".

Yeah, I didn't realize my mistakes about "value". And the non U.S. thing has always been a tricky one. The original rule did say U.S. only, but I did try to change that rule to include outside the United States based on the poster's choice.

I still have faith that the thread will live on in some way and hope people will post something just to post. I do notice it is easier for people to post something to give away in their own thread because then they can set their own conditions. I am all for advice and recommendations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Let me tell you something, I have been a member here for a little more than a year. I would say since July, I have been logging on everyday and coming straight to this thread to see if anyone has paid it forward or have looked into getting something that was posted. I need a HERO here!! LOL Everyday I hope this thread will get revived, WELL, I then asked myself, wait why aren't you trying to carry on this thread? I had to look inside myself gosh darn it. So I did, and I realized, WOAH, you know someone that needs a hybrid!. The last thing that was posted in December 2014 was a hybrid, albeit it was posted 11 months ago! So I took a chance and PM'd CBRADGO. He replied back to me in less than a day and said it was STILL available! So here I am sitting in front of the computer, and my soon to be hybrid is being tracked thru USPS and should arrive tomorrow. The next few posts will be my attempt to revive this thread and to find out if there is still hope and people willing to pay it forward!

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Double Diamond Ventus TR Blue 6S tipped 1.5"

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* bonded Ventus TR Blue 7S tipped 1.25"

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 20* Ventus TR Blue 8S tipped 1.5"

Epon AF Tour 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 51, 55, 59 Modus 115 and 125 Wedge Shaft

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

was wondering if anyone had any wedges they would be willing to donate...dont know much about em except i need em haha

Nice touch

was wondering if anyone had any wedges they would be willing to donate...dont know much about em except i need em haha

Nice touch

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Double Diamond Ventus TR Blue 6S tipped 1.5"

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* bonded Ventus TR Blue 7S tipped 1.25"

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 20* Ventus TR Blue 8S tipped 1.5"

Epon AF Tour 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 51, 55, 59 Modus 115 and 125 Wedge Shaft

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

• 3 weeks later...