most beautiful bag ever!

slicer5

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ahl3bomber ' date='14 January 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1263501474' post='2181408']
all this hatred for the mackenzie's...look i don't own one and never will..
all i am saying is that i think they are NICE LOOKING...my opinion NOT YOURS...
like another member said above, this thread isnt for the best deal on a bag, or the cheapest one, just the most appealing to each member
[/quote]

thats completely true,i dont like the looks of the mackenzie but that's my opinion,this thread has become very succesfull.and it doesn't matter if you found the bag in a dumpster or payed thousands and have your name written in diamonds on it,its all about the looks

My Top 3

All White Super Limited Edition Puma
[url="http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_009182/"]http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_009182/[/url]

Winn Winn Thunder God
[url="http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_004621/"]http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_004621/[/url]

Oakley Scattered Skull
[url="http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_001914/"]http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_001914/[/url]

Wasn't sure how to post all the pics layed out on the site, hope its ok to use it on here I tried to search the rules and the search tool keeps disappearing on me on the browser. I think all 3 of these bags are gorgeous.

IMO the Mackenzie Walkers hands down, nothing is close. All these other flashy bags make me think one thing POSER. The MacKenzie's are classy, custom made to your specs, high quality, work for walking, and on carts and make you look like a player, not a wanna-be. They have timeless style and seem like a bag you may use for 20 plus years, where as the others seem trendy and you would want to replace them after a season or two.
Now, I only wish I could justify spending the $$ on them without my wife killing me. :secret:

Ping G400 Testing G410.ย  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.ย ย 
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3ย 56* TW grind.ย  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.ย ย 
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly
ย 

IMO the Mackenzie Walkers hands down, nothing is close. All these other flashy bags make me think one thing POSER. The MacKenzie's are classy, custom made to your specs, high quality, work for walking, and on carts and make you look like a player, not a wanna-be. They have timeless style and seem like a bag you may use for 20 plus years, where as the others seem trendy and you would want to replace them after a season or two.

Now, I only wish I could justify spending the $$ on them without my wife killing me. secret.gif

ย 

ย 

Spending $750 on a bag so you can look like you don't give a s*** is the definition of a poser. Again, nothing against the look or quality of the bag, but the idea that this bag can only be appreciated by great players or that simply carrying this bag indicates your arrival as a player is rediculous.

Now, I only wish I could justify spending the $ on them without my wife killing me. secret.gif

ย 

ย 

Spending $750 on a bag so you can look like you don't give a s*** is the definition of a poser. Again, nothing against the look or quality of the bag, but the idea that this bag can only be appreciated by great players or that simply carrying this bag indicates your arrival as a player is rediculous.

ย 

I cant comment on the quality of the bag but why would you need a bag fit your specs? Also what is the difference between the Mackenzie bag and a vintage bag?

Now, I only wish I could justify spending the $$ on them without my wife killing me. secret.gif

ย 

ย 

ย 

I have to agree with Mapster on this one. The bag reminds me of something out of those 80's Ralph Lauren ads where everyone wanted to look like a wealthy polo player. It looks like a bag for someone trying to be part of the landed gentry- you know, trying to set themselves apart from the commoners with their lowly nylon/canvass bags and distasteful graphics.

ย 

In case a reference is needed, from Wikipedia:

ย 

"Landed gentry is a traditional British social class consisting of "gentlemen" in the original sense; that is, those who owned land in the form of country estates to such an extent that they were not required to actively work, except in an administrative capacity on their own lands. The estates were often (but not always) made up of tenanted farms, in which case the gentleman could live entirely off rent income.

ย 

The designation originally referred exclusively to commoners in such a position, but usage became more fluid over time; by the late 19th century, it was commonly applied to nobles such as the Duke of Westminster who lived in such a manner. The famous book series Burke's Landed Gentry recorded the members of this class. The landed gentry ranked approximately between the bourgeois middle class and the aristocracy in terms of social prestige and wealth. Successful members of the bourgeois frequently aspired to (and often did) use their accumulated wealth to establish themselves as landed gentry."

ย 

Having said all that, if you like the bag and have the money, I say go for it. Who cares what I or anyone else thinks.

Mizuno JPX-900 | Fujikura Speeder EVO II 661
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17*
Mizuno JPX-900 Hybrid 21*
Taylormade P790 (5-Gap)
Callaway MD3 (58, 54)
Taylormade Spider Tour

This post is interesting in that taste possibly reflects generational gaps.

I can appreciate the quality and workmanship of a Mackenzie or Mullholland (even though the prices are staggering). However in my opinion they're just too old school. I like the flash of the Japanese imports, especially the puma.

I personally use a tmx staff. For whatever reason I'm partial to white bags. Come spring this will be my next bag.

[attachment=522901:!BgriE+!B2k~$(KGrHqQH-CoEsMKgdyBhBLGO2GDJE!~~_35.jpg]

ย 

I can appreciate the quality and workmanship of a Mackenzie or Mullholland (even though the prices are staggering). However in my opinion they're just too old school. I like the flash of the Japanese imports, especially the puma.

ย 

I personally use a tmx staff. For whatever reason I'm partial to white bags. Come spring this will be my next bag.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thats a nice bag. Similar to what I carry....

ย 

adidas_ag_tourstand_LG.jpg

[quote name='dmack' date='14 January 2010 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1263530584' post='2182486']

[/quote]

Actually, I like that strap much better. These back-pack style straps now-a-days are not for me. I wonder if I can find one in black and switch it out?

Hey....

I carry the Mackenzie because I like it, I think it looks nice, and its the "easiest" bag to carry I've owned. No legs to flop around, the shoulder strap is actually made for guys like me who don't have huge shoulders and all around it just feels better. It also reinforces my personal commitment to walk, and in those situations where I have to ride, I just keep it with me in and out of the cart.

If only my game matched the quality of the bag!

[quote name='dmack' date='14 January 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1263530584' post='2182486']

[/quote]

That bag is sweet. What model is it and where can I get one?!

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

I know that you meant this picture as a clever way to poke fun at those of us who are fans of Mackenzie bags. But the picture of that old canvas bag and the well worn clubs it holds is one of the most poignant images I have seen on the forum in years. Thanks for sharing it, even if you posted it with your tongue planted firmly in you cheek. That old bag's honesty will stay with me long after any memory of more "beautiful" bags is long since faded.

[quote name='smith5606' date='17 January 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1263769642' post='2187576']
I know that you meant this picture as a clever way to poke fun at those of us who are fans of Mackenzie bags. But the picture of that old canvas bag and the well worn clubs it holds is one of the most poignant images I have seen on the forum in years. Thanks for sharing it, even if you posted it with your tongue planted firmly in you cheek. That old bag's honesty will stay with me long after any memory of more "beautiful" bags is long since faded.
[/quote]
sorry that bag looks like a condom

When I hear the phrase 'most beautiful bag ever' my mind goes to something of subtle elegance; of class; of grace; of refinement.

A Rolls Royce Phantom is beautiful. A Bugatti Veyron is not beautiful. It might look very nice, some might call it 'hot'--others might say it's too in-your-face-- but ultimately it lacks the subtle refinement to make it a 'beautiful' vehicle.

Audrey Hepburn was beautiful. Christina Aguilera, although I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eatin' crackers, may be hotter than the flames of Hades, but she is not beautiful.

That being said, any pro tour staff bag might look amazing, but is not 'beautiful.' A Mackenzie Walker, or a Mulholland Brothers, or a Burton....that sort of subtle classic construction and look is what I think of when someone mentions a beautiful golf bag.

off soapbox...

Takomo IGNIS D1 9ยฐ HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9ยฐ HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15ยฐ HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g
ย 
Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='DL5treez' date='18 January 2010 - 02:49 AM' timestamp='1263775750' post='2187783']
When I hear the phrase 'most beautiful bag ever' my mind goes to something of subtle elegance; of class; of grace; of refinement.

A Rolls Royce Phantom is beautiful. A Bugatti Veyron is not beautiful. It might look very nice, some might call it 'hot'--others might say it's too in-your-face-- but ultimately it lacks the subtle refinement to make it a 'beautiful' vehicle.

Audrey Hepburn was beautiful. Christina Aguilera, although I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eatin' crackers, may be hotter than the flames of Hades, but she is not beautiful.

That being said, any pro tour staff bag might look amazing, but is not 'beautiful.' A Mackenzie Walker, or a Mulholland Brothers, or a Burton....that sort of subtle classic construction and look is what I think of when someone mentions a beautiful golf bag.

off soapbox...
[/quote]
that is very true,a bugatti veyron might do 407km/h but it hasn't got the class of a rolls royce.the same is with the bags,a tour bag might fit you whole wardrobe and 100 balls but it hasn't got the class like a mackenzie.but i would still choose a modern bag over a mackenzie becouse a mackenzie wouldn't fit in in my club.everyone would look at me thinking "did you find that in your grandparents cellar"

I like these two!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

4771-DEFAULT-XL.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

post-149-1262191996-4.jpg

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722ย 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,ย  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CSย M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

ย 

[quote name='dlygrisse' date='14 January 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1263525350' post='2182313']
Now, I only wish I could justify spending the $$ on them without my wife killing me. :secret:
[/quote]
After all the wasted posts about this topic I still do not understand how a bag could make a golfer look like a poser; everybody has there own individual tastes. I'm partial to the Cally TOUR AUTHENTIC US Open staff bag myself...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='Big Ben' date='18 January 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1263846689' post='2189328']
[quote name='dlygrisse' date='14 January 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1263525350' post='2182313']
[/quote]
After all the wasted post about this topic I still do not understand how a bag could make a golfer look like a poser; everybody has there own individual tastes. I'm partial to the Cally TOUR AUTHENTIC US Open staff bag myself...BB
[/quote]
Certainly, everyone is welcome to their own opinion. But I would be disappointed with myself if I made the choice of anything based only on what I thought "everyone" would think. I have not met "everyone". But if "everyone" were that shallow, I would not be anxious to make their acquaintance.