2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Michigan golf trip( help)

itw419

I am starting to plan my annual golf trip for this summer. In the past we have played 4 rounds and stayed 2 nights. The vast majority of the guys who go on the trip want to drop it to 3 rounds this year. Since we are dropping a round I want to up the quality of golf. I have a few ideas and was looking for any ideas you guys have.

1. Arcadia Bluffs. I love this course but what other courses in the area could I add and where should we stay. I know Mainstee National is a possibility but how good are the courses there?

2. Treetops. If we went here I could convince the guys to play 4 rounds because one of the rounds would be the par 3. Which full course should I skip here?

3. True North and Boyne. I have heard alot of good things about both places but haven't been. Which course other than Bay Harbor should we play at Boyne.

4. Forest Dunes. The course is great but other than the Dream and Nightmare what else is in the area. Or atleast within a short driving distance? Where should we stay.

Golf is the most important thing so nightlife is not a big deal. Thanks for the advice.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't advise making a trip out of Arcadia Bluffs, better to add it as a bonus round on your way up North for those willing to throw down for an extra round. Manistee National is the only other course nearby that I know of.

I've been to Boyne several times, if you play Bay Harbor be sure it's Links/Quarry ... the 3rd nine there doesn't compare to the others. The other course at Boyne to play for sure is the Hills course. The Heather and The Ross course are a coin toss for me. I really enjoy the Ross course, but others in our group don't enjoy that as much. The Heather gets a lot of fanfare, but doesn't really make me think it's any better than the Ross when I play it. The Heather course has held the Mich-Am a few times though, bunkers are all recently redone with crushed seashell type sand.

Gaylord ... just went there in June-2009. The courses I enjoyed most were the Fazio Premier and Smith Tradition (newest of the courses). The Smith Signature and Jones Masterpiece are neat courses, but a little overdone on the uphill/downhill. If you do pick one of those courses ... bring your hiking shoes and a good sherpa. Every time you miss a fairway you'll be trecking up and down sidehills looking for balls.

usually do a 2 day trip up north and only one night. If you don't mind a little driving here was last year itinerary. Sunday am Black Lake, Sunday pm True North, Monday 36 at Forest Dunes. Some of the best of northern lower Michigan. Arcadia is also great..just make sure the weather cooperates and you play the right tees. Manistee National is nice..Cutters ridge (the 18 across the street is fine), the other 18 is nothing special. Not worth the trip to play there IMO. If you going to Gaylord add the Otsego Club. Treetops is nice but not the quality of Forest Dunes (best track in Michigan IMO), True North, or Arcadia. If you have connections..play Kingsley Club. The front 9 is ...Incredible.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

The Resorts of [i]Tullymore[/i] & St. Ives are by far the best 2 golf courses in mid Michigan. Through in Forrest Dunes as a 3rd round and maybe Pohlcat for the 4th round and you've got a great 4 round of golf. You can stay the first night at Soaring Eagle as it is about 30 minutes from Tullymore and St. Ives and then travel a little further north for Forrest Dunes. I'm not sure how you would make Pohlcat work into the 4th round at the moment, but if I were planning a trip of good/great golf courses these 4 would be on my list for mid-michigan.

I've never been a fan of Gaylord golf. Haven't found a really good course there yet.

Boyne is a great place. The Moore course and the Heathers are my two favorite at the Highlands. Stay away from the Art Hills, that is a goofy golf course. The Ross is special, but having played 11 of the holes for real, they don't look, feel or stack up to the originals in any way. Another good course in the area is The Belvedere in Charlevoix. It is a great designed course and used to be home of the Michigan Amateur for 30+ years.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 w/ D+ 62x
3 Metal: Cobra Bio Cel+ 3/4 @ 12.5* X
4 Wood: Cally SH 4 w/ Grafalloy Epic 90x
Irons: 4-PW Snake Eyes 685X
Putter: Never Compromise Sub 30 type 50
Scratch Wedges:49* DW, 53* & 58*

[quote name='oaklandgolfer' date='14 January 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1263481340' post='2180840']
The Resorts of [i]Tullymore[/i] & St. Ives are by far the best 2 golf courses in mid Michigan. Through in Forrest Dunes as a 3rd round and maybe Pohlcat for the 4th round and you've got a great 4 round of golf. You can stay the first night at Soaring Eagle as it is about 30 minutes from Tullymore and St. Ives and then travel a little further north for Forrest Dunes. I'm not sure how you would make Pohlcat work into the 4th round at the moment, but if I were planning a trip of good/great golf courses these 4 would be on my list for mid-michigan.

If you wanted a mid-Michigan package I'm not sure this is your best idea. Tullymore looks horrible now. They have added roads in-between all the holes and St. Ives is just plain a horrible layout. The golf course itself is very good at Tullymore, but not what it used to be. Pilgrim's Run in Pierson is much better and Buck's Run is better than the Pohlcat. Forest Dunes is a 140 minute drive from Tullymore...

TaylorMade TP5

[quote name='oaklandgolfer' date='14 January 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1263481340' post='2180840']

I've never been a fan of Gaylord golf. Haven't found a really good course there yet.

Boyne is a great place. The Moore course and the Heathers are my two favorite at the Highlands. Stay away from the Art Hills, that is a goofy golf course. The Ross is special, but having played 11 of the holes for real, they don't look, feel or stack up to the originals in any way. Another good course in the area is The Belvedere in Charlevoix. It is a great designed course and used to be home of the Michigan Amateur for 30+ years.
[/quote]

I love playing in Gaylord. They have such great deals, especially considering that you're playing courses that are cheaper than courses that are significantly worse down state, like SouthEast Michigan.

If price wasn't a problem, yes, I would be playing Forest Dunes, Treetops (which is actually disappointing now), True North, BOYNE, and every other $80+ round out there. But if I can pay $32 bucks and loop Marsh Ridge or The Loon 2 and 1/2 times a day for 40+ holes of golf....that beats one $100 round at Forest Dunes.

Please elaborate why you don't like Gaylord Golf, I'm shocked, honestly, I am. Use this template of courses and make comments about each one,

Marsh Ridge -
The Loon -
The Pines -
Elk Ridge (Atlanta, but only 40 mins away) -
The Natural -
The Tribute -
The Classic -
Black Forest -
Wilderness Valley -
Treetops -
Gaylord CC -
Lakes of the North - This one sucks
Mountain Lake or The Lake -

[quote name='tdk8180' date='14 January 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1263485067' post='2180970']

[/quote]

I love playing in Gaylord. They have such great deals, especially considering that you're playing courses that are cheaper than courses that are significantly worse down state, like SouthEast Michigan.

If price wasn't a problem, yes, I would be playing Forest Dunes, Treetops (which is actually disappointing now), True North, BOYNE, and every other $80+ round out there. But if I can pay $32 bucks and loop Marsh Ridge or The Loon 2 and 1/2 times a day for 40+ holes of golf....that beats one $100 round at Forest Dunes.

Please elaborate why you don't like Gaylord Golf, I'm shocked, honestly, I am. Use this template of courses and make comments about each one,

Marsh Ridge -
The Loon -
The Pines -
Elk Ridge (Atlanta, but only 40 mins away) -
The Natural -
The Tribute -
The Classic -
Black Forest -
Wilderness Valley -
Treetops -
Gaylord CC -
Lakes of the North - This one sucks
Mountain Lake or The Lake -
[/quote]

Well, I'll just take Marsh Ridge for example as I have played it 5 or 10 times. Bad layout and poor condition are the first two things that come to mind. Par 5's that you can't hit driver on. Par 4's where you are laying up with 6 irons. Par 3's that are OK. I like the elevation changes, but not all par 3's should have drops of 50 feet or more. It has been a few years since I've played there so maybe the condition has gotten better. To me, it is just a poor design.

Black Forrest is a good course, but not great. The condition could use a little help, but overall a much more playable design. I played the Loon maybe 10 years ago and don't remember much of it. The rest of the courses I've stayed away from just from a perception of the area. Maybe that is my fault, but I don't get to northern michigan often enough to play multiple courses.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 w/ D+ 62x
3 Metal: Cobra Bio Cel+ 3/4 @ 12.5* X
4 Wood: Cally SH 4 w/ Grafalloy Epic 90x
Irons: 4-PW Snake Eyes 685X
Putter: Never Compromise Sub 30 type 50
Scratch Wedges:49* DW, 53* & 58*

I will agree most tracks in Gaylord are "B" courses..nothing special. The best is the Otsego club. I would definitely not make the up north michigan trip to play there. They have much better options as mentioned above...and those are well worth the trip. You can find equivalent or better golf than gaylord in middle or lower michigan.

TaylorMade TP5

We went to Gaylord a couple years back and I wasn't overly impressed. The Tribute was awesome and Black Forest was ok. Mountain Lake was in terrible shape and the layout was nothing special. A lot of the courses up there are resort style courses that are just run of the mill golf. Why drive 4 hours when I can play golf like that any where in the state.

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217 

WOW! I'm shocked. I think Marsh Ridge is the hardest 6,000 yard course ever. One offline shot and your making 7. They have a 600 yard par 5. The BEST variety of PAR 3's. I love it.

Paying 32 bucks to play 45 holes is great in my book. I think mid-michigan courses have their own look and feel, and price. They are all 70 dollar rounds.

I think, The Pohlcat and The Fortress, are good courses but overpriced at 39 and 45 dollars. Sorry, but I enjoy the courses up north for less money.

I think the conditions are acceptable, and If I could afford some of the higher end courses, except Treetops, their quality sucks now, then yes, I would see the difference.

For the price, it is the best deal around.

Then again, I play twilight and I ask for deals too. I can't do this at the high end places.

Gotta give a shout out to the greater Grand Rapids area - my old stomping grounds. Plenty of cheap lodging options. Personal favorites that come to mind and within 30 minutes of downtown include Thousand Oaks, The Mines, Pilgrim's Run, Grand Haven Golf Club and L.E. Kaufman (one of the best municipal courses in the country) and others I'm sure I'm leaving out.

I have narrowed it down to the 4 options I listed at the start of the thread. Thanks for the other options you have given me but for this year its gonna be one of the 4. Any feedback or advice on these would be great. thanks

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217 

Make it Forest Dunes all 3 rounds and stay on site. There is a reason Forest Dunes recieves the accolades from national mags. The recent Golfweek readers poll ranked Forest Dunes #1 in the country.

Last year there was an overnight golf, lodging, and food package that was very reasonable, Sunday or Monday arrival, so if your group needs a w/end only, that may not work.

The head pro and membership director will be at the West Michigan and Novi golf shows. Sure they will have details on 2010 season specials.

Or wait for the midwest GolfWRX outing Bill {odshot68} and I are going to host at Forest Dunes. Dates TBD real soon and posted up.

If playing a couple different courses is a must, here is a tip; rumor has it the owners of The Nightmare and The Dream have purchased The Quest. The Quest is an absolutely fantastic design and routing. When conditioned, maintained, and staffed to the level it should be, The Quest leads any discussion of Northern Michigan "B" list courses. i.e. Dunes, Arcadia, Kingsley, True North, Bear, etc. not in the discussion. It is a Ken Green design that is an absolute sleeper!

Hope this helps, but really, you can't go wrong with any of your 4 choices.

Epic Flash. Tensei CK pro Blue stiff
M5 15*. Tensei CK Blue S
Ping 19* & 22* hybrid. Stock Alta S
Epon 505 MCI OTi 110 stiff
Betti BBZero DASS blacked out.
Vokey 50* F, Ping 54* SS, Vokey 58* D

Forest Dunes is awesome. My review will be below.

The Nightmare and the Dream are also fun. Not Forest Dunes fun, but nice layouts with pretty good conditions and a wonderful staff.

I know you're not looking for other suggestions, but another option that isn't too expensive is Lakewood Shore in Oscoda. The Gailes is one of a kind, and Blackshire can be really tough from the tips. There is a third course on site, it is OK, but nothing better than a good warm up round for the other two, (rather than going to the range). But Red Hawk isn't too far away in Tawas. It is an outstanding course and has received a number of high rankings.

As far as the others on your list. Arcadia is awesome, but nothing else close so if you want to do Arcadia, just play 3 rounds there or make a long day trip from one of the other choices.

Boyne is nice, but overpriced. Links/Quarry is great, True North is nice, Kingsley is amazing(if you have connections) Heather was just OK. Ross was pretty good. Dunmaglas is quite the course.

Here is my Forest Dunes Review

Forest Dunes Golf Course, Roscommon, MI

Everything is Top Notch

Michigan has some great golf courses and regularly holds various Tour events throughout the state. With so many great courses and such fierce competition, Forest Dunes, has placed itself near the top of any list for the best public course in the state. I have it ranked as my second favorite public course in the State. (It would probably be my first if it had views of a great lake.)

I am finding a trend that the really good courses in the US are far away from civilization. Forest Dunes is no different; it is some 8 miles away from Roscommon, which is by no means a bustling metropolis, and some 3 ½ hours from Detroit. After driving over the hills and through the woods, you are greeted by a regal sign and immediately feel like you have entered a high-end retreat. After winding down the property’s main roads, you enter the parking lot of a huge, craftsman style clubhouse. The course is still hidden from sight, but just the clubhouse leads you to believe that you are in for a treat.

102_0581.jpg

At the bag drop I was greeted by the most helpful attendant I have ever met. The older gentleman helped get me set up on my cart, gave me some easy instructions to get started and even got a couple of AA batteries for my camera, since my back-ups were dead too. The pro in the shop was really friendly and helpful explaining about the tournament that had been held at the course the day before so the greens would be moving. The starter kindly gave me a ball mark repair tool, a bag tag, a scorecard, a yardage book and great words of advice on how to play the course. He also let me know about the super slow 4-some in front of me that should allow me to play through in a couple of holes.

102_0580.jpg

From the first tee you could see hole 1, hole 9, hole 18, hole 19 and even over to hole 10. It is quite the vista of what was to come. Away I went, striping the first drive, which is still one of my favorite feelings in golf. It only got better, after sticking my approach to 2 feet and tapping in for birdie on the first was a sign of things to come. I decided to take a stab at the full course. Playing the tips at 7141 might seem like much, but it never seemed out of reach. Hole 2 felt like a tight driving hole, even though it really wasn’t, but the long dogleg left is tough to par. Hole 3 was a nice longer par 3. It feels very cut into the forest, yet plenty wide, even if your shot isn’t perfect. The front 9 moved a little slow until I passed the group on hole 4. This was a medium par 4 that narrowed right in the landing zone. Hole 5 was a great bombs away par 5. It was a slight dogleg left. On the approach, balls tend to kick right so playing up the left side works a little better. Hole 6 was a great risk reward. There was a tree and complex of traps dividing the fairways. I hit a soft 3 wood draw that put me in the lower left corner of the first fairway, which offered a great approach angle. Hole 7 was a nasty par 5. It played pretty wide off the tee, but the second shot position is vital to getting close to the hole. The right side is a far easier approach. Hole 8 gives you no chance to let up since it is long and very well guarded. The right side is dead for this entire hole. There is a bunch of bunkers on the corner to catch drives and then the lake/pond wrap around the green on the right side. Going left allows you to run one down to the green. The front 9 closed with an intimidating, yet reasonably long par 3 over water.

Hole 1

102_0563.jpg

Hole 2

102_0565.jpg

Hole 5

102_0566.jpg

Hole 6

102_0567.jpg

Wildlife on Hole 7

102_0568.jpg

Hole 8

102_0570.jpg

Hole 9

102_0571.jpg

After a quick buzz by the clubhouse, I found my way over to hole 10 for more adventures. It’s all about picking which fairway. I decided to aim at the bunker splitting the fairway figuring I’d go to one side or the other. Nope, right in the center of the bunker, but recovered to hit the wrong corner of this crazy kidney shaped green. Hole 11, a shorter par 3, offered a little relief but hole 12 was time to tighten up the straps. It’s not to tough off the tee, but the approach was tricky over the water on the right, especially when the pin is tucked up near the bank. Hole 13 was another little breather before a tough three hole stretch. The two-tier green is all about being on the right level. Hole 14 was a beast. There was a swampy sort of water feature on the left and it was long. At 464 and played into a cross wind, I was happy to reach in two. Hole 15 was no easier. This left dog leg was tough to reach in 2, but possible because the green was sunken enough that balls will run down to it. 16 was the hardest par 3 on the course. You had to strike a good shot at least 200 yards to carry the waste area to reach the pin at 231. Hole 17 was just pure fun. Bomb at the green and see what happens. It had a semi blind landing zone, this was one of the best hole on the course. Big hitters could go for it; even shorter hitters have all sorts of options. Hole 18 was appropriately named Eagle Chance. It was a shorter par 5, with danger long and left. But wait, your not done yet, you get a free hole, 19. It was a gamblers hole to settle the round, with a bunker smack in the middle of the green, making it important to be in the right section of this green to cash in.

Hole 11

102_0572.jpg

Hole 14

102_0575.jpg

Hole 16

102_0577.jpg

Hole 17

102_0578.jpg

Hole 18

102_0579.jpg

This Troon managed course has all the amenities; a nice restaurant, and the extensive practice facilities all of which are top notch. The course conditions were second to none. I think it might have been the best conditions I have ever played. Tom Weiskopf created and sculpted a fun, playable, yet tough championship course. It feels like the course just belongs there as it blends in with and natural setting and houseless backdrop. It also is a Gold Signature Certified Audubon Course, making one of only 12 property worldwide to have such an honor. Forest Dunes is a must play if you are in the state of MI. From start to finish everything is top notch.

For more information: www.forestdunesgolf.com

[quote name='rlheiman' date='16 January 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1263659787' post='2184983']
Boyne is nice, but overpriced. [/quote]
I thought this too, but when we were investigating options for our annual trip (group of 8 guys), we were really pleasantly surprised by how reasonable their package was. We ended up booking there, and we're getting unlimited golf on Saturday and Sunday, lodging in a 4 BR condo, and a $25 gaming voucher for the casino nearby for under $280, including all the taxes and fees. I've only played the Heather, the one year that I qualified for the MI Amateur, and while it's not among my favorites in the state, it's a nice course, and a good test. I'm looking forward to checking out the Ross, Hills, and the Moor. And I'm hoping we'll be able to play True North on the Friday when we go up. The Boyne package certainly seems like a good value for the price, compared to some of the other quotes I go from places like Treetops and Tullymore/St. Ives.
If cost isn't a big concern, definitely go for Forest Dunes. I could play that course every day for the rest of my life and be extremely happy.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

You should look into Garland, 4 courses and lodging in a tiny town up north, Lewiston. Its a true get away from the city life. No stop lights in the entire county, no fast food joints either. http://www.garlandusa.com/ I am lucky to know a few guys who work there and get to hit the courses up a few times a summer.

[quote name='tdk8180' date='14 January 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1263485067' post='2180970']
[/quote]
I'll play. I actually like a lot of courses in the Gaylord area. I've played all except Elk Ridge, and I've played each of the rest several times.

[b]Marsh Ridge[/b] - Never been a fan, because they take driver out of your hand on a lot of holes with hazards or general tightness. I don't generally enjoy courses where I'm forced to hit a mid-iron off the tee on more than one or two par 4s. I do remember thinking that most of the par 3s are pretty good holes.
[b]The Loon[/b] - One of my favorites in the area. It's pretty straightforward, with a good mix of holes. There's probably 2 holes that seem to just be there to bridge the gap between sections of the property, but I really enjoy the course for the most part.
[b]The Pines[/b] - This used to be my favorite course in Michigan (before I discovered Forest Dunes, and I've never player Arcadia), but they remodeled it about 10 years ago and ruined it. They used to have all of these beautiful, deep bunkers that made the course a great challenge, but during the remodel, they took all the teeth out of the course by shallowing out the bunkers that they left, and eliminating some altogether (the big one that you were forced to carry to make the green on #8 comes to mind). It's still a decent course, but they really ruined it in the name of appealing to hackers.
[b]Elk Ridge[/b] (Atlanta, but only 40 mins away) - never played
[b]The Natural[/b] - Nice piece of property, but too short -- especially the par 3s. Aren't at least a couple of them under 100 yards? I haven't played there in probably over 10 years, but that's my memory of it from playing it several times when I was a kid.
[b]The Tribute[/b] - My favorite course in the area. A couple of gimmick holes, but a real tough, beautiful course. It's challenging, but there's tees for every ability level, and most holes let you pull out the big stick. You still need to control the ball, but you have the opportunity to score well if you hit it well. I've shot anywhere from 73 to high 80s there.
[b]The Classic[/b] - One of the first courses up there, and it's nothing special, especially since The Tribute is the other course on the propety. Doesn't have that "up north" feel that courses like the Pines/Treetops/The Tribute have.
[b]Black Forest[/b] - Toughest course I've ever played. It's in really good shape, but the combination of trouble off the tee and the extreme undulations on the greens make scoring a real test.
Wilderness Valley - Another short course that makes driver a bad play a lot of the time. Not my favorite, but I played there with my group a few years ago, and most of them really liked it for whatever reason.
[b]Treetops[/b] - Nice courses all around, but pricey. The Jones and Fazio courses have kicked my arse on more than one occasion. The Tradition was built for walking, but laziness of the general public made them start allowing carts. I like it, as it's a fair test, but quite playable. The Signature is nice, but a step below the Jones and Fazio. Threetops is fun, but I wouldn't pay what they're asking for it. I've played it a few times before they started that shootout with the pros, and it's a good time, but that's a lot of coin for a par-3 course.
[b]Gaylord CC[/b] - Hate it. Too many little trees scattered randomly about, and the last time I was there, the greens were approaching Oakmont speeds.
[b]Lakes of the North[/b] - This one sucks -- agreed, especially if they never did anything about the rough, which was largely dead and patchy/sandy with a lot of little depressions.
[b]Mountain Lake or The Lake[/b] - I have a special place in my heart for this course, as I kind of grew up on it and the Pines when they were together. Really tough greens, and some very tough driving holes. Kind of gimmicky, and not one I go out of my way to play these days.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

• 3 months later...

[quote name='shooter67' date='15 January 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1263584977' post='2183443']
Check out gull lake michigan 2 of the 4 courses are unreal
[/quote]

+1 A true hidden gem in Michigan. Go every year out there and love Stonehedges and Bedford as well as gull lake east.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='TCNorthstars' date='04 May 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1272995149' post='2420561']
This is an older thread. Did you make up your mind? How about playing Arcadia and then driving to Traverse City. From there you can play Kings Challenge in Cedar. Aga-Ming Sundance in Bellaire and one of the 3 grand traverse resorts(Bear,Wolverine,Spruce) or Hawks Eye or the Chief in Bellaire.
[/quote]

I have made up my mind. We are staying at Boyne Highlands. We are playing True North, Bay Harbor( Links/Quarry) and the Hills course at Boyne Highlands. I can't wait to go up but I have until September.

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217