Easyyy's WITB

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pitbull808' timestamp='1324876811' post='3987923']
Nice Richard! I really need to make me one of those racks! :yes:
[/quote]

Sucker works well. My son and I made it years ago. I actually had it flipped the other way and hung it from the basement beams in an old 1924 home in Michigan. When I moved I took it with me and flipped it around and sawed off the legs to it would sit lower.

For the first 4 years there was very little in there. Now they fight for the space. I have the old Ping i3 blades in there. Old TMag 04 coin forged MB's, wedges from all my travels, Old hand ground Don Whites from MacGregor days, Titleist blades and AP-2's. Some Mizuno gems, Scratch antique finished combos.

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324876815' post='3987925']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1324876351' post='3987899']
This picture is classic.

[attachment=960155:2Y9G2748_resize.JPG]
[/quote]

Here is a cropped one. Love this to...

[attachment=960157:odd.jpg]
[/quote]
Looks like it never ends- the black hole of golf equipment.

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324876477' post='3987903']
[quote name='nikoa' timestamp='1324876088' post='3987889']
[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324875674' post='3987861']
[quote name='nikoa' timestamp='1324875400' post='3987849']
I'm curious Easyyy. Is this collection simply you purchasing clubs over the years or are you in the industry and receive these for something? Given you're co-owner of this site I thought it may be for review or something.

Either way, congratulations on an impressive collection.
[/quote]

Most of what you see is purchased by me. I would say 15 to 20% of that are clubs sent in for photos pre release and I held them back for the addiction and or to game.

But there is a lot of older sets of irons in there. Older Mizuno and TMag sets. Old Ping and MacGregor sets all paid for by me.
[/quote]

Amazing. There's some great clubs in your collection, especially the older sets such as the Nike and Mizuno blades.

Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]

The Nike chrome Endo forged were bought for 525 from Ebay. I saved a search for 9 months waiting to have them pop. The butt end has the nike caps on them. ENDO soft.

The Mizunos are arguably some of the best irons I have ever hit. TN87's are pure and so freaking soft. Got the 2 sets of vintage Mizunos off Ebay years back.

The TMag 05 cb are not Muira. They never made TMag 05 tp irons. These have a copper looking underlay and I went through 6 sets of satins to find the finish that matched Retief's. Looks more smoke than the everyday satin I was finding.

R
[/quote]

The Mizuno's are my favourite and I particularly like the blue and red paint fill which seems very rare. You should buff them out like mirrors.

Sorry if you answered this already but do you ever game the TN87s or other clubs? I see that you posted a bag full of new TM gear that looks like your new bag.

[quote name='nikoa' timestamp='1324878789' post='3987999']
[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324876477' post='3987903']
[quote name='nikoa' timestamp='1324876088' post='3987889']
[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324875674' post='3987861']
[quote name='nikoa' timestamp='1324875400' post='3987849']
I'm curious Easyyy. Is this collection simply you purchasing clubs over the years or are you in the industry and receive these for something? Given you're co-owner of this site I thought it may be for review or something.

Either way, congratulations on an impressive collection.
[/quote]

Most of what you see is purchased by me. I would say 15 to 20% of that are clubs sent in for photos pre release and I held them back for the addiction and or to game.

But there is a lot of older sets of irons in there. Older Mizuno and TMag sets. Old Ping and MacGregor sets all paid for by me.
[/quote]

Amazing. There's some great clubs in your collection, especially the older sets such as the Nike and Mizuno blades.

Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]

The Nike chrome Endo forged were bought for 525 from Ebay. I saved a search for 9 months waiting to have them pop. The butt end has the nike caps on them. ENDO soft.

The Mizunos are arguably some of the best irons I have ever hit. TN87's are pure and so freaking soft. Got the 2 sets of vintage Mizunos off Ebay years back.

The TMag 05 cb are not Muira. They never made TMag 05 tp irons. These have a copper looking underlay and I went through 6 sets of satins to find the finish that matched Retief's. Looks more smoke than the everyday satin I was finding.

R
[/quote]

The Mizuno's are my favourite and I particularly like the blue and red paint fill which seems very rare. You should buff them out like mirrors.

Sorry if you answered this already but do you ever game the TN87s or other clubs? I see that you posted a bag full of new TM gear that looks like your new bag.
[/quote]

I dont. I want to but the lure of the new equipment makes me stay current. Plus the grind on the TN-87's are crazy. Sharp with no camber. You have to wear the sweetspot of a quarter to play those all day.

TMag was the bag ending the year. We will see. The off season represent a fun time for me. I will be honest here. For years I develop 2 bags to go into the next spring. I have developed 3 some years. Working them through the off season and then making the decision come spring.

I love it.

I am interested in hitting a lot of new irons. The Miura 501 cb, the Ping i20, the Titleist ap2 in the 712 series. Scratch is developing a prototype right now and so on. Just love this stuff.

I tried the SGI game improvement experiment last year and also the blade. Scared better with a more player type of head and enjoyed the game more but I am still poking around. I think a medium sized head is my game. I float between a 4 and 5 handicap usually. Low as a 3 and high as a 6 in the last 5 years.

R

[quote name='tourhopefull' timestamp='1324879722' post='3988039']
Damn man that is a sweet collection... If you have some TM tour CBs that u no longer want/need feel free to send them my way :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Will do. Dont hold your breath though. I have been collecting for years. Love the transition from hosel to topline. One of the best in the business. Love the tour stuff to. Great for the placebo effect. Golf is mental isnt it?

[quote]

I dont. I want to but the lure of the new equipment makes me stay current. Plus the grind on the TN-87's are crazy. Sharp with no camber. You have to wear the sweetspot of a quarter to play those all day.

TMag was the bag ending the year. We will see. The off season represent a fun time for me. I will be honest here. For years I develop 2 bags to go into the next spring. I have developed 3 some years. Working them through the off season and then making the decision come spring.

I love it.

I am interested in hitting a lot of new irons. The Miura 501 cb, the Ping i20, the Titleist ap2 in the 712 series. Scratch is developing a prototype right now and so on. Just love this stuff.

I tried the SGI game improvement experiment last year and also the blade. Scared better with a more player type of head and enjoyed the game more but I am still poking around. I think a medium sized head is my game. I float between a 4 and 5 handicap usually. Low as a 3 and high as a 6 in the last 5 years.

R
[/quote]

Experimenting is fun that's for sure. I haven't hit a lot of clubs but do enjoy the ap2 712s and given your comments I'm sure you will too.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to go down the path of blades or 'players clubs' like many of the clubs you have but still love to try them out from time to time. I'm picking up the game again after giving it up in my teens (10 years ago) but plan to get back to single figures within 18 months hopefully. So at the moment I've ditched my Maxfli Revolution Forged Black Dots (old school!) and gaming AP1 712s to help me accelerate that process and build up some confidence.

Massive amounts of therapy by teams of psychiatrists may still not scratch the surface of your ho'ness.

You're the John Wayne Gacy/Ted Bundy of golf club ho'ing! :butcher:

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

I want this finish on my odyssey!

Ping G430LST w/ TPT 14HI 
Ping G430 Max w/ synergy green 80tx
Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
Callaway TCB w/ LAgolf L-series 5
Titleist SM8 50/56  W/ LAgolf

Callaway Jaws Raw 60Z /Kbs 610
Axis 1 Rose model 35.5''
Swing: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg[/url] (Driver FV)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4[/url] (DTL)

I should have become your friend back when I lived in Michigan...

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324875114' post='3987829']
[quote name='GatorNate11' timestamp='1324873782' post='3987755']
So, when you come home and there is a broken window in your house and some of those are missing, I just want to say one thing. "OnePuttBlunder" is the one who did it. He'll even kindly leave a note stating that exact same thing.
[/quote]

You would never. The golf gods would follow you around for life. Karma is a b****.
[/quote]

Me? No, never would I do such a thing. The note that the terrible people who take some of those clubs will say so as well. If they show up in my living room and my sig here, it's totally unrelated and we clearly just had the same taste in golf equipment. Besides, I made a 10 on a par 5 twice this past season, I'm not sure the golf gods really like me anyway.

This is actually really sad to me. Like when I see commercials for the next Hoarders show on A&E. Is there a First Tee program anywhere near your residence? Sure, you get tons of golf gear to review, which we all appreciate. However, since you can only play one set at a time, why not give some of these sets to a First Tee type organization? If you've posted in the past something to this effect I apologize, but having all these clubs sit in a basement like they're old baseball cards is ridiculous. Again, great work on the reviews, but this one I think is a bit much.

With all these sticks and talk about golf Richard, I see you never post on the Michigan thread or join us on any of our Wrx golf days? Even Kgeorge and Chris at Pure Impact has joined in. Just saying......:kewlpics: BTW!

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

[quote name='MizunoTitleistfan' timestamp='1324894445' post='3988273']
why are people saying that he is sick for doing this?

It's his money and his hobby and passion just like ours, nothing wrong with hording stuff you'll never use, we all do it.

well done for at least keeping it tidy
[/quote]

Thank you for the holiday support to my problem. LOL

[quote name='JaxGolfer1' timestamp='1324899626' post='3988331']
This is actually really sad to me. Like when I see commercials for the next Hoarders show on A&E. Is there a First Tee program anywhere near your residence? Sure, you get tons of golf gear to review, which we all appreciate. However, since you can only play one set at a time, why not give some of these sets to a First Tee type organization? If you've posted in the past something to this effect I apologize, but having all these clubs sit in a basement like they're old baseball cards is ridiculous. Again, great work on the reviews, but this one I think is a bit much.
[/quote]

You can no longer join my WITB Thread. First of all my love... I have donated much more than you will ever know to first tee. Secondly my obsession is just that mine, just as your opinion is obviously yours. And thus not wanted in my WITB thread so be gone with it unless it has a more friendly tone. Collections are just that... the deliberate gathering of, in most cases, similar objects that tend to have scientific, historical, or artistic value. It is motivated by the desire for knowledge and for the satisfaction of specific interests. The objects people collect vary, including objects of material and spiritual culture (for example, manuscripts, books, coins, postage stamps, and works of art) and in this case golf equipment. Collecting involves the discovery, accumulation, study, and classification of such equipment, thus differing essentially from simple accumulation.

:)

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1324902667' post='3988369']
With all these sticks and talk about golf Richard, I see you never post on the Michigan thread or join us on any of our Wrx golf days? Even Kgeorge and Chris at Pure Impact has joined in. Just saying......:kewlpics: BTW!
[/quote]

So little time my friend.

you have got to be kidding me. I know I am a bit late stumbling across this but didn't know the WITB acronym was for What's In The Basement.

PRGR 2015 (Red)Egg 10*/ Muziik Bangvoo Premium 240cpm
TEE XCG6 4w /Muziik Bangvoo Premium 260cpm (tipped 1/4")
PRGR 2015 (Red) Egg 5Ut 23*/ AXE hybrid stiff
2015 OnOff Kuro 4-PW/ Modus3 120s
Yururi Gekku 53*(bent 52) and 57* (bent 58)/  Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge
Slighter FPR Portland/ Yamada Emperor2/ Epon I-33/Hiro Mz-18

[quote name='JaxGolfer1' timestamp='1324899626' post='3988331']
[/quote]

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1324907729' post='3988485']
You can no longer join my WITB Thread. First of all my love... I have donated much more than you will ever know to first tee. Secondly my obsession is just that mine, just as your opinion is obviously yours. And thus not wanted in my WITB thread so be gone with it unless it has a more friendly tone. Collections are just that... the deliberate gathering of, in most cases, similar objects that tend to have scientific, historical, or artistic value. It is motivated by the desire for knowledge and for the satisfaction of specific interests. The objects people collect vary, including objects of material and spiritual culture (for example, manuscripts, books, coins, postage stamps, and works of art) and in this case golf equipment. Collecting involves the discovery, accumulation, study, and classification of such equipment, thus differing essentially from simple accumulation.

:)[/quote]

Best post ever, play on playa. Thanks for your consistent awesome contribution.

TM M3 9.5 PX HZRDS Yellow 6.0
Cobra F8+ 3 wood PX LZ Handcrafted 6.0
TM M1 5 wood PX HZRDS Red 6.0
Adams V3 23 degree Attas 85 gram
Adams 9031 26 degree C-Taper Stiff
TM RocketBladez 6-9 PX LZ 5.5
Cleveland 588 Special PW 49 degree
Fourteen LE 52 degree
Scratch Custom 56 degree
Fourteen MGrind 60 degree
MannKrafted Custom Blade

I just saw this thread.. whatever happened to the Adams CB3 Black?

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

:)

Best post ever, play on playa. Thanks for your consistent awesome contribution.

I for one want to see a 8 year old hitting the Adams MB2's LOL

easyyy, just get another rack filled up and incite more rage on the board tongue.gif I think its a wonderful collection.

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1324910446' post='3988569']
Where did you get the rack?
[/quote]

I think he and his son built it. It's somewhere in the earlier posts.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1324942455' post='3989905']
[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1324910446' post='3988569']
Where did you get the rack?
[/quote]

I think he and his son built it. It's somewhere in the earlier posts.
[/quote]

Yeah, its in the 3rd line of the first post. :)

Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5 Fujikura PRO 62
TM SLRD 3 WOOD
Callaway APEX #3 Hybrid
PING I200 KBS Tour 4-UW
SM6 56 (@55), SM6 60