Skycaddie SGX Owners/Users thread

I will be looking forward to larger type on the target views. I play golf without my glasses and I found intelligreen pro and Holevue easy to read, but the targets are hard to read on the SGX over the SG5.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so next question regarding demo mode... (yes, I got it to work- thanks!).

When in demo mode and I go to a hole, all I get is the green view and the targets list if I click the View button. I don't get any of the views of the whole hole. The course I'm using is a full-featured course (including Intellivue Pro). Am I missing something else?

For example, shouldn't I be able to see a dogleg? All I see is a representation of the green where I can move the cursor around with the joystick.

I checked in the targets list, and everything is turned on.

The course needs to have HoleVue™ capability (the purple icon) in order to see that information.

Dr: Mizuno JPX-900 (9.5°)
FW: 3W (15°) Mizuno JPX 900
Hy: 3H (19°), 4H (22°) Mizuno JPX 900
5-6i: Mizuno MP-H5
7-PW: Mizuno MP-5
W: Mizuno S18 50°, 54°, 58° (Gunmetal)
P: 2017 Odyssey O-Works #9 White w/ Superstroke 3.0

[b]For those experiencing the "Exception Notice" screen please read below:[/b]

[size="1"]Taken from the SkyGolf forums [url="http://clubsg.skygolf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2917&highlight="]here[/url].[/size]

[quote]Hi ClubSG members,

If you are experiencing the Exception Notice screen on your SGX, please [url="https://support.skygolf.com/"]click here[/url] to access our remote technical support site for assistance and follow the instructions below:

1. Under Issue Submission, select your Issue and enter your Name.
2. Enter your SkyCaddie ESN in the Issue Description box.
3. Click Submit.
4. You will be prompted to download a small file allowing us to connect with your computer.

Please accept and run the downloaded file
• For FireFox: SAVE the file then RUN
• For Internet Explorer: Click on RUN
• For Mac: Double-click Bomgar to start the support session

5. You will now be placed into the Advanced Technical Support queue.
6. You will be able to communicate with the support agent through the messaging tool within this software.

Our support teams are working diligently to resolve issues so that you are able to use your SGX as purposed.

We appreciate your patience and continued support of SkyGolf.

Regards,
SkyGolf Customer Care[/quote]

[quote name='ChappyEight' date='22 April 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1271956020' post='2394575']
FYI, SkyGolf support has stated in their [url="http://clubsg.skygolf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2864&highlight=screen"]forums here[/url] that they're working on a revision that will include "themes and easier-to-read type".

I'm assuming it's not a high priority at this point due to the usability issues they're still working through.
[/quote]

That would be great. I hope it's not too long before they implement that but I can wait.

Titleist TS3 9.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
Titleist 917F2 15° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist 917F2 18° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist AP2 712 4-W NS Pro 970 S
Titleist SM8 Wedges 52,56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S Putter

Hi All

I have a SG5 and played a hole vue course recently. The entire hole was displayed but the yardages were not shown in the image. I am waiting to get a SGX but in the meantime should the yardage be shown at the landmarks in the image of the SG5? The lists of the landmarks are still shown. That hole view image was not as clear as my green only image.

Thanks

Just thought I'd chime in with my awesome SGX experience... I preordered from Golflandwarehouse.com for $315, got it yesterday... i opened it today and downloaded caddiesync 6.0.6. At first, the software couldn't find the SGX, but after a reboot it started to update. Then it gave a message that the update failed and that I should do it manually... so I did... and it failed again. This time, it left my SGX frozen on an installing screen that won't go away.

So i called skygolf and was put on hold for 45min, then they hang up on me.

I'm not happy.

[quote name='Wah' date='22 April 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1271970365' post='2395024']
Just thought I'd chime in with my awesome SGX experience... I preordered from Golflandwarehouse.com for $315, got it yesterday... i opened it today and downloaded caddiesync 6.0.6. At first, the software couldn't find the SGX, but after a reboot it started to update. Then it gave a message that the update failed and that I should do it manually... so I did... and it failed again. This time, it left my SGX frozen on an installing screen that won't go away.

So i called skygolf and was put on hold for 45min, then they hang up on me.

I'm not happy.
[/quote]

See my post #155 above.

If I were in your situation, I'd go that route first. The phone lines are jammed.

[quote name='hoot64' date='22 April 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1271964294' post='2394837']
Hi All

I have a SG5 and played a hole vue course recently. The entire hole was displayed but the yardages were not shown in the image. I am waiting to get a SGX but in the meantime should the yardage be shown at the landmarks in the image of the SG5? The lists of the landmarks are still shown. That hole view image was not as clear as my green only image.

Thanks
[/quote]

You move a pointer around the screen and it will tell you how far from where you are to that point and how far from that point to the center of green. It does not show any target yardages unless you move the pointer to the target. If you do course management as most pro recommend, it is a good way to do it because you put the point to your favorite yardage for a shot to the green and you know what yardage to get to that point.

Callaway Chrome Soft

what am I missing? Did the update today to my SGX and launched my course, started on 1 and no demo mode. It's selected as "ON" in the menu but once I start that hole, I cant see anything other than the view of the green. The only thing it lets me do is go back to "play golf", "courses" and "resume." What am I missing?

Does it say "Demo" in the top left?

If not, try selecting a course and choosing to play that course. After you come to hole #1, hit the Menu button and go into settings and change to Demo mode again. Then, exit back to the main menu and choose Resume. Choose the hole you want to resume on and away you go in Demo mode.

See if that does the trick.

[quote name='Asleep' date='22 April 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1271977297' post='2395214']
Now if I can just hire a kid to put the screen protector on...

I've botched it twice, down to one. :black eye:
[/quote]

You're not alone. The third time was the charm for me.

Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='ChappyEight' date='22 April 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1271974295' post='2395145']

If not, try selecting a course and choosing to play that course. After you come to hole #1, hit the Menu button and go into settings and change to Demo mode again. Then, exit back to the main menu and choose Resume. Choose the hole you want to resume on and away you go in Demo mode.

[/quote]

That worked but seems like a workaround...is that just how it is?

[quote name='yahtzee' date='22 April 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1271984423' post='2395433']
[quote name='ChappyEight' date='22 April 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1271974295' post='2395145']

[/quote]

That worked but seems like a workaround...is that just how it is?
[/quote]

Yes, that's how it is supposed to work.

[quote name='Asleep' date='22 April 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1271977297' post='2395214']

[/quote]

+1 on that one. I just left the one that is on the screen when it came. All I did was carefully peel off the blue label. It does come off. Most people might not know that is a sticker on the screen saver. Its not all one piece. I will leave the stock one on til it wears off.

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

[quote name='Asleep' date='22 April 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1271977297' post='2395214']

[/quote]

I screwed up the first one. The second one I also screwed up, but then I realized that I could peel it partially back off and re-apply and it still worked fine.

I've botched it twice, down to one. black%20eye.gif

I screwed up the first one. The second one I also screwed up, but then I realized that I could peel it partially back off and re-apply and it still worked fine.

The first on had finger prints an the sticky side after peeling it off. The second one somehow got dirt on the sticky side. The third one finally was done right. I guess I will order some screen protectors along with the conversion mount for the temporary cart mount when they become available.

What I would really like is a matte finish screen protector. I have one on my iPhone and it really cuts down on glare from the sun and indoor lights.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Have you gone into the Device Manager yet? If not, go into the Device Manager and under (I think) network adapters see if you have a SkyHawke one, a yellow exclamation point, or both.

If you do see that, then uninstall and reinstall the driver for that piece and restart. The unit should then work properly.

SkyGolf had released signed 64-bit drivers now, so this should solve your problem.

If it doesn't, head over to http://support.skygolf.com and have one of the techs set it up for you. Usually takes less than 20 minutes.

Let us know how it goes.

[quote name='eugd' date='23 April 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1272045699' post='2396628']
Has anyone had luck with the 6.06 version and windows 7(64). I installed it and rebooted the computer but still have to disable the driver upon startup or the sgx will not connect to the software?
[/quote]

It's working fine on Windows 7 64 bit for me.

I've been a big protection guy and have always used screen protectors. It certainly helps with the re-sale value. After re-applying these
things many times over the years, I now wash and dry my hands really well so the fingerprints don't attach to the adhesive. It still took
me three tries to get it right. I'll be ordering more.

Sorry for this being a bit old information, but for those still considering the purchase it might be helpful. Just received the SGX yesterday. Overall, and after speaking with the SkyGolf support, I'm still happy and confident about the product and purchase, albeit a little disappointed with the out-of-the-box experience. Here are the issues first:

Cons:

• Rubber USB port protector was a bit mangled out of the box, and will not stay in place (manufacturing issue)
  • Can't sync yet with my older pre-Intel Mac which is running Mac OS X v10.4.11
  • Challenges syncing on Windows XP Pro
  • For the moment, support calls take about 45 minutes to get answered, but your mileage may vary, (this is based on two "wait times"), and this will get better over the coming days when all of the unique syncing issues - like those with older Macs - get resolved

Pros:

• SkyGolf Support folks are very helpful and friendly
  • SkyGolf is sending replacement USB protector out to me ASAP (as noted elsewhere in the Forum)
  • Fix for Mac OS X v10.4.11 is likely coming soon (- fortunately, I have access to another PC running Windows 7, 64-bit and can run the sync app there - thanks ChappyEight!)
  • (Outside of the rubber port cover/protector), the unit is very solid and the "fit and finish" is great
  • The case that came with the introductory SGX units is nice (unexpected bonus - and glad to have the case!)
  • Haven't had the unit outdoors in bright sunlight yet, but the screen is beautiful and very easy to read. (Looking at it at various angles under bright halogen lights makes me think it will be great in bright sunlight as well, but TBD)
  • After speaking with SkyGolf support, seeing the online activity/updates, and prior experience with SkyGolf (two older models), I'm confident SkyGolf is working very hard to get things fixed and addressed

Lastly, I currently use a uPro, (and am very happy with it) - but bought the SGX because of all of the cool extra features it offers, (plus, I think SkyGolf's mapping technique is very accurate and precise). rolleyes.gif

I can't seem to get a hole view ( like the picture on the first page of the user guide) in demo mode- no matter what I do. I pick a course then place it in demo mode and the screen only shows the green view.
There is no option to select different views even though I have all three views selected. Anybody having this issue?
Any solutions?
Thanks.
Tim