Ben Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident...

Teetogreen86

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Roethlisberger is prevented from riding a motorcycle in his contract. A lot of the news agencies made a big deal out of the fact that Cower had asked Ben to wear a helmet, so you would think the Steelers knew Roethlisberger rides a motorcycle, and since they didn't stop it, it probably isn't a violation of his contract.

-Thomas

I don't think Roethlisberger is prevented from riding a motorcycle in his contract. A lot of the news agencies made a big deal out of the fact that Cower had asked Ben to wear a helmet, so you would think the Steelers knew Roethlisberger rides a motorcycle, and since they didn't stop it, it probably isn't a violation of his contract.

-Thomas

That's right. It wasn't in his contract that he couldn't ride the motorcycle.

[b]Golfer | Clubfitter | Kayaker | Photographer[/b]

Good. Seriously. You don't buy a Hayabusa if you plan to go the speed limit and motorcycle safely. I know many guys with Harleys, VTX's, Road Stars, and other assorted non-bullet bikes, won't wear helmets in town, and sometimes on the highways, but they all obey traffic laws. And none will get on bullet bike w/out one. How many people are going to start wearing a helmet because of Ben's shining example now? :crazy:

beruo

(oh--and don't forget to buckle up for safety! :yahoo: )

:hi:

These are strong words, but it's just stupidiity IMHO.

You'd think that after all the crap that happened to Kellen Winslow, Jay Williams, and all the other examples, some of it would have gotten through to Big ben.

I guess winning the superbowl makes a man feel invincible. He's not going to be feeling that way for the next six months, I can guarantee you of that.

The report I heard on PTI also talked about severe damage to both knees altough they didn't go into more than that, could be a doomsday report from onlookers and not the truth, we'll see in a couple of days.

You can be the best rider / driver in the world, but you can NEVER control what the other guys out there are doing . . . :crazy:

EDIT: no broken leg for sure.

These are strong words, but it's just stupidiity IMHO.

You'd think that after all the crap that happened to Kellen Winslow, Jay Williams, and all the other examples, some of it would have gotten through to Big ben.

I guess winning the superbowl makes a man feel invincible. He's not going to be feeling that way for the next six months, I can guarantee you of that.

The report I heard on PTI also talked about a broken leg and severe damage to both knees altough they didn't go into more than that, could be a doomsday report from onlookers and not the truth, we'll see in a couple of days.

You can be the best rider / driver in the world, but you can NEVER control what the other guys out there are doing . . . :crazy:

True--and while I would never wish harm on anybody, seatbelts and helmets are so very important. While the damage to his body (pending results) could be career ending, not wearing a helmet could have had much more dire consequences. And while I would hate to see Ben's career nipped prematurely, I'll save my prayers for those who don't make millions to play a game and don't take their lives for granted.

Good. Seriously. You don't buy a Hayabusa if you plan to go the speed limit and motorcycle safely. I know many guys with Harleys, VTX's, Road Stars, and other assorted non-bullet bikes, won't wear helmets in town, and sometimes on the highways, but they all obey traffic laws. And none will get on bullet bike w/out one. How many people are going to start wearing a helmet because of Ben's shining example now? :yahoo:

beruo

(oh--and don't forget to buckle up for safety! ;) )

George,

I think we start a new thread that's updated daily and title it "Beruo's Take on Society." It'll be quotes from the man himself. Hell, we can even call them "GQ's" since acronyms are the hip way to refer to things these days.

I'll call Letterman now and tell him to start packing his bags!

:crazy:

George,

I think we start a new thread that's updated daily and title it "Beruo's Take on Society." It'll be quotes from the man himself. Hell, we can even call them "GQ's" since acronyms are the hip way to refer to things these days.

I'll call Letterman now and tell him to start packing his bags!

I'm with you! I hope you're not going to flake out like JHR--he was supposed to contact Oprah to get me signed to that book deal (hollow promise found HERE, don't think I forgot John! ;) ). I agree with you on the acronym, but as I've long stopped being hip and stylish, I don't think I can pull of "GQ's." How 'bout we take the "B" from beruo and "S" from society. I can definitely pull off "BS." :yahoo:

beruo

I have a buddy of mine who was very seriously injured in a motorcycle accident a few years back,the helmet was the only thing that prevented him from leaving this world.It's amazing to me that anyone would ride a motorcycle without adequate protection.I myself was in a bike accident with a car in college,and had a concussion and cracked ribs,and the car was only going about twenty mph.Hopefully Ben pulls thru this and learns he is not indestructable. :crazy:

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

My wife has been back in Pittsburgh for over a week now, preparing for a $2M series of Campbell's Chunky Soup commercials. Ben and his mom were going to be the big stars...but it was also going to feature the O-line, Farrior, Hampton, several guys from the Steel Curtain, Hasselbeck and McNabb. Apparently now they're scrambling to find someone to fill in. Bettis (who would probably be even better than Ben) is no longer a Steeler, Ward isn't being very friendly with the organization right now, and apparently Polamalu doesn't even own a television.

Broken jaw, broken cheekbone, collapsed sinus cavity, lost teeth, banged up knee...it's ironic, however that now Ben might be more likely than ever to actually eat canned soup. Did yinz guys see the pictures on yahoo? Crazy.

reports said knee injuries are not serious, and he should be back in time for training camp end of july...also said that in case he is not ready for the beg. of the season, there will be a loss in his salary and bonus according to sportscenter, so i guess it is in his contract somewhere then...too bad Pennsylvania changed the law a few years ago from mandatory to wear helmets to now not mandatory :crazy:

"According to the Suzuki Web site, the Hayabusa is the fastest production bike made.

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident, and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: 'Ride it when you retire.' "

My wife has been back in Pittsburgh for over a week now, preparing for a $2M series of Campbell's Chunky Soup commercials.

Broken jaw, broken cheekbone, collapsed sinus cavity, lost teeth, banged up knee...it's ironic, however that now Ben might be more likely than ever to actually eat canned soup. Did yinz guys see the pictures on yahoo? Crazy.

That's crazy!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

"According to the Suzuki Web site, the Hayabusa is the fastest production bike made.

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident, and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: 'Ride it when you retire.' "

I've got a Honda CBR1000 which is similar to the Hayabusa that Ben was riding and I can tell you from first hand experience that that bike is no joke. It was built for one purpose and that is to go fast and straight. You don't turn on that bike at all. It's too big and powerful. I've seen a few sport bike crashes since I've been riding and I would say 80% of them were on the Hayabusa. It's just too powerful a bike to be distributed to the public. And for someone to ride that bike without a helmet has a death wish.

I live in PA and once again our a**backwards laws have gotten someone else hurt. For the life of me I don't understand why they passed the no helmet law. We can't buy beer on Sunday, beer must be bought in a beer distributor, liquor must be sold in a liquor store, we must wear a seatbelt, but don't have to wear a helmet to ride a motorcycle.

I have a '99 Hayabusa and yes, I can tell you, it is not a bike to ride without a helmet. When I'm riding I know I have some serious horses between my legs and I don't take stupid percautions.

I saw a guy lose his head (literally) on a Honda CBR1000. He was going too fast around a turn and smashed into a wall. His head was rolling around the street, inside his helmet. That's something that will haunt you for the rest of your life. I can't see why Ben didn't wear a helment, especially after what happened to his fellow bikers. Just stupid, stupid, stupid!

I have a '99 Hayabusa and yes, I can tell you, it is not a bike to ride without a helmet. When I'm riding I know I have some serious horses between my legs and I don't take stupid percautions.

I saw a guy lose his head (literally) on a Honda CBR1000. He was going too fast around a turn and smashed into a wall. His head was rolling around the street, inside his helmet. That's something that will haunt you for the rest of your life. I can't see why Ben didn't wear a helment, especially after what happened to his fellow bikers. Just stupid, stupid, stupid!

Just one question for the guy - Why ride such a powerful bike on a learner's permit?

Pittsburgh television station KDKA reported Tuesday that police are checking whether the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback had a license. Sources told the TV station that Roethlisberger had a license to operate a car but has never had a Pennsylvania motorcycle license. Roethlisberger had a learner's permit to operate a motorcycle that expired March 29 but had never taken the written and driving tests for a motorcycle license, a source told KDKA.

I ride my Harley ultra Classic every day to work without a helmet. I actually brought my helmet to work today. I didn't put it on but I brought it. I think I might actually wear it tomorrow. I have an open faced helmet. It would not have stopped the broken jaw or knee injury but sure would have stopped the head lacerations.

It's just so hot with the helmet on and work is only 10 minutes away with very little traffic. When I go on road trips the helmet is Always used.

2015 Taylormade PSI 4-PW
2009 Titleist Vokey BV Spin Milled 52
2009 Titleist Vokey BV Spin Milled 56
2018 Taylormade Milled Grind 60
2005 King Cobra Baffler Hybrid 20
2017 Callaway GBB Epic 3W 13.5 +1
2014 Ping G-30 10.5
2018 Titleist Stay Dry Bag

Everytime I think about getting a motorcycle I see stuff like this. Given that I could've been killed when I got cut off by a driver while I was on my bicycle last year (and was lucky to get off as "light"as I did injury-wise), I am even more leery. Like others have said, it doesn't matter sometimes how good a rider you are, it's the boneheads around you. :friends: