Titleist 755s

I was just noticing the number of Titleist players who were playing other Titleist irons, an are now switching or have switched to the 755s. Stricker, both Haas, Faxon(was playing the 735 CMs), Pernice Jr., Oberholser, etc... There must be something to these irons. I personally think they're kind of ugly, but, whatever works. I am currently playing the Titleist 704 CBs, and was thinking that the 755s would probably be identical specs, just look a little different. I was wondering if you guys even think there would be a benefit to switch to the 755s. I like the 704s. Tell me what you think.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed the same thing. The 755's are not only popular on tour, but they are very hot with the top club pros who have access to tour equipment. I love the 735's, but I will be giving the 755's a good try. I hope Titleist releases the chrome version...

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I suspect it's the little extra forgiveness without sacrificing too much in performance. I used 735s for a long time and it sucks if you just miss the center because most likely you are not on the green. Most of the time it might be the same for 755s, but I can see a few more GIRs on slight miss hits over the course of a round or a tournament. At that level, what's that translate to? A made cut? Extra attempts at birdie? A stroke here or there? $10,000s? $100,000s?

Also in the forgiveness department, the 695s a pretty small heel to toe. There is not a lot of room for error whereas the 755s would be much more confident.

If the 755s feel anything like the 695s, then I would give them the nod over 735s for feel too. Well hit shots on the 695s feel great, better than the 735s.

For the record...I've moved on to TM irons and on the way to all TM bag except for the putter.

I'm not really surprised most pros are sticking with the 755's over the 735's. Personally, I think the idea of a combo set is a very nice one and makes a lot of practical sense.

However, the key is that executing it is very difficult. You've essentially got three different clubs that hit hte ball on different trajectories and with different feels even when hit dead center.

Not surprising that pros who are very sensitive to trajectory, look, and feel would want to keep things consistent throughout their irons.

I hope Titleist releases the chrome version...

I hope that they release the chrome/black insert also Kevin but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen.

I talked to a tour rep at The Memorial and he said the red/stainless version was what would come to retail.

In fact, he said they don't even have anymore of the chrome sets left for the tour players. I guess from an economic standpoint I can see where Titleist may not want to bring out two more sets for cost reasons. However, I think they would/will sell alot more sets of 755's if they came out in a chrome version. I would love to know numbers as far as which version of the 735's sold more, chrome vs. stainless and whether this will have affect on their decision. Another vote for chrome!

I'd be really curious on the specs of the 755, many have posted they think will be very similar to the 704. However, has anybody noticed the pictures make the blade look big! I think they billed the 704 as midsize, but the 755 pictures sure look bigger. I sure hope they are bigger, I was a fan of the orginal 695cb that seemed to have a longer, deeper blade.

I can't wait to try the 755, I currently have the 735 in play (chrome, why would anybody buy SS). Great clubs but they need my full attention. The 755 should fill that playability gap between the 735 and 775 nicely.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :bad:

I wish I could, I'm afraid there are about 10,000 other pros who are better players that they would talk to before me. I'm actually going to have a chance to see a lot of the new stuff next week, I will find out all I can.

As an aside, one of my friends who is one of the top playing club pros has been using a set of 755's all year and loves them. I would say they look about the same as the 704's size wise, but have a little softer lines. I think they look great! I may be able to hit them next week but will not have accesss to getting any of the new suff before all the other staff guys.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

While I understand the comment made about being able to bend the stainless version more.....

Do you think Titleist has any idea how many more set they will sell with the chrome and black?

As a sales rep myself, are the Titleist REPS not telling the corporate mother ship that information?

I know of at least 10 guys that will buy the chrome/black the day they are released, but will not buy the stainless/red ever.

I saw them today......They look awesome. I guess they are fighting over which way they are going to bring them to retail. Satin and red or Chrome and black. The chrome and black look awesome.

rhersch,

Could you comment on the size/offset since you are one of the few to see them in person? I would assume that the head shape is similar to the 704's? Could you comment on the size/offset especially in the short irons?

Are they at all similar at address to the 735's? I think alot of 704 owners are wondering about the differences between them and the 755's and if it's worth it to upgrade. We have all seen them in bags but not in person, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Stainless only unfortunately for some. Same forging house as the 735's and 775's (which means not Endo). It'a amazing that the guys on tour are switching over to the 755's from the 695's or bypassing the 695's all together. It was unexpected to say the least.

FYI - the 906's are all done and ready to go but they will release all three intro's at once (755, 906, 585)

golow

906f will be 13, 15, and 18° only and the shaft options are the same as what is currently listed on the Titleist website for woods. They may add one or two if the test well and are unique from another current offering.

755 will be stainless only - I'm actually not sure on the black vs red badge. Something I personally wasn't concerned with enough to ask ... but for you maniacs I will :cheesy:

Release date is August first - right after the sales meetings (U.S.)

golow

906f will be 13, 15, and 18° only and the shaft options are the same as what is currently listed on the Titleist website for woods. They may add one or two if the test well and are unique from another current offering.

755 will be stainless only - I'm actually not sure on the black vs red badge. Something I personally wasn't concerned with enough to ask ... but for you maniacs I will :drinks:

Release date is August first - right after the sales meetings (U.S.)

golow

What? No chrome? I'm never going to buy the stainless, they look so ugly its frightning! I want the chrome! someone please convince titleist that they will sell more then double the sets if they release chrome as well

Well then I guessits back to tour club hunting :drinks:

I have only seen the stainless in person, not the chromes. In pictures the chrome looks much better, but in person the stainless model looks great. Pictures do not do them justice. I didn't think I would like the stainless until I saw them in person. You might change your mind when you see them...

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I have only seen the stainless in person, not the chromes. In pictures the chrome looks much better, but in person the stainless model looks great. Pictures do not do them justice. I didn't think I would like the stainless until I saw them in person. You might change your mind when you see them...

Kevin,

Since you have seen them in person can you comment about the differences between these and the 704's?

How do the short irons look? Could you compare them to the 735'ss? Love my 735's, and I don't really understand this or believe it, but I may need a little more forgiveness in the short irons. :drinks:

I used the 704's before the 735's. They are both great irons. The 755's look very much like 704's with a little softer lines and a thinner top line. I would say the offset is about the same as the 704's and the 735 long irons. The 755 short irons are a touch bigger than the 735's. Both have great feel IMHO. It will be tough to choose...

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again