2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ju Jus

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ju Ju is the best...had mine for about 6 months and I'll never use any other cover.

Driver- Cobra F8+ with HZRDUS Yellow 60 X-Stiff
3 wood- Tour Edge CB4 with Speeder 757 Stiff
Hybrid- Callaway X Hot 19* with Diamana Kai'li Blue 80 X Stiff
Irons- Mizuno MP 15- 4-PW with Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
Wedges- Mizuno MP T7 50, 56, 60
Putter- Scotty Cameron Furtura 5W
Ball- Snell MTB (Black)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='moncou' timestamp='1282772085' post='2661734']
She quoted me a price, sent me a preview, told me it would be three weeks then they were in my hands 10 days later. Quality is out of this world and they are sharp.
[/quote]

That is my experience after two orders. Juju is the real deal. Her business is sure to take off in a big way. Nice lady to talk with as well. Just got a set for my wife.

[quote name='danattherock' timestamp='1287219328' post='2745619']
[quote name='moncou' timestamp='1282772085' post='2661734']
She quoted me a price, sent me a preview, told me it would be three weeks then they were in my hands 10 days later. Quality is out of this world and they are sharp.
[/quote]

That is my experience after two orders. Juju is the real deal. Her business is sure to take off in a big way. Nice lady to talk with as well. Just got a set for my wife.
[/quote]

Shhhh lets keep her a secret! I don't want everyone on the course to have nice headcovers like me. Plus they lower your handicap by 5 strokes. It's the Ju Ju magic!

Like my rocket tour better...

We understood the first time... and the second... and now the third tongue.gif

Just messing around!

I'm actually wondering why these headcovers are so popular? Is it because of the traditional aspect or do they serve a purpose I am unaware of? I like how they are customizable in every way, but I really like size of stock headcovers. Can someone explain?

I know that it is about personal preferance.

I actually have both JU JU and Travis Headcovers and really prefer the quality of Travis' headcovers. For some reason Ju Ju doesn't compare in the personalization department. Unlike JU JU, Travis works wonders with the thread and creativity. Stripes are getting a tad boring for me and I LOVE unique and hard to find stuff. How often are you going to run across a hand knitted Superman headcover like this? [attachment=673944:IMG_0097.JPG]

When it comes to personalization, Ju ju is great. She will make you anything you want and communicates well in a prompt way. Any color/style you want, she will do it. However, I conceed that she may not make Superman headcovers. Ha ha.. Not picking on you, I like the headcover myself. Looks a hell of a lot better than this one...

5106250652_f4aeee4db0_o.jpg

-Dan

Man . . . that stuffed Superman headcover has issues with me, too. Looks like something I would give my German Shepard for Christmas.

Believe me . . . I have not seen Ju Ju do anything magical past stripes, color swapings, and maybe a few lettering that is simplified, but nothing near what Travis Headcovers can do. Have you seen some of Travis' work? That takes a lot of skill to do, and I know first hand (cause my girl friend is a HUGE and talented knitter) that the designs are near impossible for a lot of skilled knitters to create. Travis is an artist true to the craft. So be it if I do have to wait 3 weeks, 2 weeks or 1. Quality is for sure!

Check out her website: [url="http://www.travisheadcovers.com"]www.travisheadcovers.com[/url] .

[quote name='millergolftime' timestamp='1287797183' post='2754988']
. I have not seen Ju Ju do anything magical past stripes, color swapings, and maybe a few lettering that is simplified,
[/quote]

I guess my thought is, what more could one want? I don't desire Batman headcovers. A stripe or number is more than adequate for me to tell what club is in what headcover. Beyond that, the only consideration would be the color scheme. As it relates to this, Ju ju will do anything I want. Nothing wrong with more customization than that of course, just saying that it doesn't appeal to me. I just wanted some high quality headcovers that would match my bag. Ju ju did this for a very affordable price and I had my headcovers the following week.

Hey . . . Batman isn't bad either. I prefer the Joker personally.

Like I said earlier it is all about personal preference. I love unique, one-of-a kind, hard to find styles. Nothing against stripes since it is considered classic, but there is a lot more available that Travis can do it.

Why not kick it up a notch or two with your own style?

Anyone that might be on the fence about Ju Ju and her service please read this!

I initially contacted her last night about a set of headcovers. She responded almost immediately asking for a brief summary of what I was looking for. I responded back and within 45 minutes she had put together a proof for me!!

I paid her this morning and she just sent me an email saying my headcovers would ship............................................IN THE MORNING!!!!! I can't believe how efficient and professional this lady is!

Cheaper than JC and 1,000x faster than JC!!!

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

[quote name='Aces-5' timestamp='1288048872' post='2759011']

I initially contacted her last night about a set of headcovers. She responded almost immediately asking for a brief summary of what I was looking for. I responded back and within 45 minutes she had put together a proof for me!!

I paid her this morning and she just sent me an email saying my headcovers would ship............................................IN THE MORNING!!!!! I can't believe how efficient and professional this lady is!

[/quote]

Yeah I'm a repeat customer and will continue to be as I have had similar service from her. Love my covers.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='NWS Alpine' timestamp='1288143240' post='2761066']
[quote name='Aces-5' timestamp='1288048872' post='2759011']

[/quote]

Yeah I'm a repeat customer and will continue to be as I have had similar service from her. Love my covers.
[/quote]

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but do I just email her or is there a website?

[quote name='prestidge96' timestamp='1290882202' post='2811406']
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but do I just email her or is there a website?
[/quote]

Just send her an email to: [email protected]

Tell her you discovered her thru GolfWrx. Without a doubt she has the best cusomer service I've encountered in years.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Yep, she will respond to your email promptly. You will be glad you choose Ju Ju. She is super cool, avid golfer, and makes a very high quality product. Tell her Dan in NC says hi. I am the one that first posted about her here last year. When you find a good thing, it is good karma to share it with others.

-Dan

[quote name='nitram' timestamp='1290883357' post='2811431']
[quote name='prestidge96' timestamp='1290882202' post='2811406']
[/quote]

Just send her an email to: [email protected]

Tell her you discovered her thru GolfWrx. Without a doubt she has the best cusomer service I've encountered in years.
[/quote]

thx a lot. hello christmas present!

[quote name='danattherock' timestamp='1290885478' post='2811485']
Yep, she will respond to your email promptly. You will be glad you choose Ju Ju. She is super cool, avid golfer, and makes a very high quality product. Tell her Dan in NC says hi. I am the one that first posted about her here last year. When you find a good thing, it is good karma to share it with others.

-Dan
[/quote]

thanks for your help, I am looking forward to a nice headcover.

JuJu's are my second favorite knit headcover on the market. Her's are the second most durable out of the ones I've tried. If I were to rank them in terms of value versus performance, I'd go as follows:

1. Travis
2. JuJu's
3. Jan Craig
4. Rocket Tour

The Rocket Tours are the least durable, though they're also the cheapest. Thing is, they're only available in limited colors and I went through 2 a season on each club.

The Jan Craigs are nice and last fine (had a little fraying starting at the opening when I quit using them and sold them). They made it through a season fine. But, they're also probably the most expensive and only lasted a single season for me.

The JuJu's are a pretty good value for a knit headcover. I also sold these, as there was one string that started fraying on them slightly. I think I'd have been alright for a good deal longer and the guy that obught them plays at my course and they still look fine. Hers are good quality and the price is just fine. Her customization is fairly decent. Colors are pretty much anything goes.

Travis, however, blew everything out of the water for me. The one I have has lasted a full season and looks as good as the day I bought it. No fading, no strings fraying, and it's also the thickest of all 4, so to me it protects the clubs better than the other four. Customization options are endless and colors are endless. You can pretty much send them an image you've designed and they'll put it on the headcover (that was my mistake, I sent no artwork, instead sending 2 sample images and the colors I want and the arrangement. Lesson learned, as a small piece of the artwork I sent was left off inadvertantly. I was offered a replacement with the logo exact, but I opted not to take it, as the one I had was fine and close enough. Didn't want to logjam for other customers. Next time, I'll lay out the artwork exactly as I want it and send in an image and say this is what I want. Others that have done that got exactly what they asked for that way.) The price is awesome on them too. And, if you become a facebook fan of their page, they run specials for discounts all the time. The most recent, which I think has ended, was 25% off your entire order. I think they also must use Scotchgard or something like that, as water beads off of them in the rain, a testament to a wool headcover, IMO, as water and wool= shrinkage most of the time.

I remember you being very unhappy with Travis when you ordered these headcovers. They didn't make the design the way you told them to (no stem on the shamrock), they were out of the material needed to make your headcovers and waited a week after your order to tell you, etc...

Your other thread seemed to be pretty clear about how you felt about the order from Travis...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/387707-travis-headcovers/page__p__2530093__fromsearch__1#entry2530093"]http://www.golfwrx.c..._1#entry2530093[/url]

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1277916995' post='2546946']
Looks like an AM&E cover.

That said, I ordered over a week ago and I sent an email for a status update. What was I told? "Oh, I'm waiting for a yarn shipment". Um, isn't that something you should've disclosed during the time we were discussing the design and creating of my headcover? Wouldn't it have been a little bit obvious that the customer would want the product they ordered as soon as possible, not something a week later that says "Hey, we have your order, but not we're waiting on everything to come in so we can create it"? [b] I'm disappointed [/b]about this development, as I feel full disclosure should've been done before you sent me an invoice and took my payment. [b] It's not very good customer service IMO.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1278948911' post='2570420']
[b]Well, it came in, and while the quality is good, it's not exactly right. [/b]

That's supposed to be a 3 leafed shamrock with a stem. [b]The stem is missing completely. Now it just looks like a blob of white with a dollar sign in the middle of it.[/b] I am not going to complain to Havala as it'll take another 3 weeks (which I have because of surgery keeping me out for 3-4 more weeks), but[b] I really don't want to try to communicate with them again. I don't know if they just don't speak good English or what the problem with communication is, but I had to explain 4 times what I wanted before they figured out what a 3 leafed shamrock, which I sent pictures of 3 times, was. And then they forget the stem so it doesn't look like a shamrock.
[/b]
Like I said, quality is top notch, communication and getting the order exactly right isn't.
[/quote]

-Dan

:russian_roulette: oops... someone must have a short memory!!

Here's the thing about Ju Ju, and y'all can say what you like about quality, customization, etc.... Ju Ju does this on the side.... if you're lucky enough to get to work with her, you'll also find one of the very most genuine people you could ever ask for.

I've had her make probably 6 sets in the past year... I had her make a set for a friend and he wanted a 8" pom with a braid holding it on. Ju Ju politely declined. I talked to her about it and she told me that there's no way an 8" pom is going to hang on via a few threads or even a braid. Maybe with inferior yarn (i.e. Rocket Tour's) it wouldn't be a problem, but with what she uses, it simply wouldn't last properly, and in the end THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS to Ju Ju. It's her name, her reputation, etc., that's on the line... not just one individual's headcover.

She's ordered me special order colors, gone to bag manufacturer's websites to get exact PMS colors, etc.

I'm glad not everyone wants her stuff... assures me that when I need one quickly, it won't be a problem.

By the way... Ju Ju could've probably been on the LPGA. She's a pretty good golfer too.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

I wrote to her asking for some more info. Looks like a great find, thanks guys.

Do you guys like matching the colors to your golf bags? To your favorite team? Just pleasant colors in general? I'm pretty torn on what direction to go, although I'd love to find something bright and upbeat. It seems most of the colors are pretty basic, but was thinking maybe a baby blue, cream, navy blue combo might be nice. But my bag is white, gray and red, so it wouldn't match at all.

Anyone seen any color combos that would really stand out? I wouldn't say I'm a flashy guy at all, but think some flashy headcovers would be cool.

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

I have a couple of sets that "match" my bag (although this bag was impossible to match perfecly).

I sent her a pic of the Cally Diablo hybrid knit cover and had her duplicate the basic look/stripes for my hybrid.

I personally like headcovers to match the bag, but I'm also the guy that wipes down a clubface after each shot with a wet towel and then a dry one. I think some might call that "anal".

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3