Caddie claims LPGA player seduced him

bruinduke

Frivolous suit?
Not exactly sure the merits of this case.

From USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/lpga/2...htm?POE=SPOISVA

Caddie claims LPGA player seduced him to get pregnant

MIAMI (AP) — A former caddie for LPGA golfer Jackie Gallagher-Smith is suing her, saying she seduced him to get pregnant. Gary Robinson says Gallagher-Smith, who is married, used him as a "sperm donor" and he is suing for an unspecified sum, claiming fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress. No hearing date has been set for the suit, filed this week in Circuit Court in West Palm Beach.

Robinson said the result of this ordeal will likely affect him professionally. He is currently out of work as a caddie and is pursuing a career as a professional golfer.

"The likelihood that I will ever get another caddying job, especially in the LPGA, is very, very unlikely," he said.
Gallagher-Smith's attorney, Edwin Belz of Chicago, said Robinson previously asked Gallagher-Smith for $250,000 to settle the case.

"I just feel this lawsuit is an attempt at extortion," Belz told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Belz also told the Sun-Sentinel that he recommended waiting the 10 to 12 weeks before any consideration is given to a DNA test so that Gallagher-Smith could deal with postpartum depression and she and her husband could continue marriage counseling "to get the family unit solidified."

"They are distraught," Belz said. He would not say whether Gallagher-Smith admits to a sexual relationship with Robinson, though the lawyer did say that Edward Smith thinks the baby is his child.
Robinson, 26, began caddying for Gallagher-Smith in February 2004, and soon thereafter began receiving advances from her, he said. Robinson said he was in an emotional state after recently ending a long-term relationship with a girlfriend, and he passed off some early advances as "innocent playful activity."

The relationship became sexual about two months later and the two would sometimes engage in unprotected sex, he said. When rumors of the relationship began spreading around the tour, Gallagher-Smith told Robinson that he must deny they had anything but a work relationship, the suit states.

Robinson goes on to say that Gallagher-Smith told him she and her husband had been unsuccessful in conceiving a child. In July, she told Robinson she was pregnant and led him to believe he might be the father, the suit says.

Under pressure from Robinson, Gallagher-Smith eventually told her husband and said he forgave them, and Robinson continued to caddie for Gallagher-Smith through the end of the tour season in October, Robinson said.

"I hope to get retribution for the emotional pain and suffering and eventually get some rights to the child," Robinson said. "The laws in Florida are very tough with the situation I'm in but this suit is about financial retribution."

An 11-year tour veteran, Gallagher-Smith has one career victory and career earnings of about $1.1 million. She has not played in a tour event this year

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this story, too. A pathetic melodrama. My immediate thought was that the caddie is looking to make a quick buck, as his "golf career" is probably floundering.

While I do not condone adultery, he will come out of this looking like a sleazy extortionist. I also cannot say much about the lawyer that is representing him. :lol:

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say. How would you rank the morality of this saga's participants, from least moral to most. Here's my ranking:

Caddie - Least

Golfer

Lawyer

Husband - Most

BJL

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this story, too.  A pathetic melodrama.  My immediate thought was that the caddie is looking to make a quick buck, as his "golf career" is probably floundering. 

While I do not condone adultery, he will come out of this looking like a sleazy extortionist.  I also cannot say much about the lawyer that is representing him.   :rtfm:

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.  How would you rank the morality of this saga's participants, from least moral to most.  Here's my ranking:

Caddie - Least

Golfer

Lawyer

Husband - Most

BJL

2519[/snapback]

Caddy : I'm Just a poor bastxxx needs some cash and happend to have a little :help: .

Golfer : Desperatly trying to get pregnant and some cigar. :lol:

Lawyer : I want more. :beach:

Husband : I'm just an Idiot. :(

:good:

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

[quote name='bruinduke' date='29 April 2005 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1114809341' post='2453']
Not exactly sure the merits of this case.

From USA Today:

[url="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/lpga/2005-04-29-smith-paternity-suit_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA"]http://www.usatoday....htm?POE=SPOISVA[/url]

[b]Caddie claims LPGA player seduced him to get pregnant [/b]

MIAMI (AP) — A former caddie for LPGA golfer Jackie Gallagher-Smith is suing her, saying she seduced him to get pregnant. Gary Robinson says Gallagher-Smith, who is married, used him as a "sperm donor" and he is suing for an unspecified sum, claiming fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress. No hearing date has been set for the suit, filed this week in Circuit Court in West Palm Beach.

Robinson said the result of this ordeal will likely affect him professionally. He is currently out of work as a caddie and is pursuing a career as a professional golfer.

"The likelihood that I will ever get another caddying job, especially in the LPGA, is very, very unlikely," he said.
Gallagher-Smith's attorney, Edwin Belz of Chicago, said Robinson previously asked Gallagher-Smith for $250,000 to settle the case.

"I just feel this lawsuit is an attempt at extortion," Belz told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Belz also told the Sun-Sentinel that he recommended waiting the 10 to 12 weeks before any consideration is given to a DNA test so that Gallagher-Smith could deal with postpartum depression and she and her husband could continue marriage counseling "to get the family unit solidified."

"They are distraught," Belz said. He would not say whether Gallagher-Smith admits to a sexual relationship with Robinson, though the lawyer did say that Edward Smith thinks the baby is his child.
Robinson, 26, began caddying for Gallagher-Smith in February 2004, and soon thereafter began receiving advances from her, he said. Robinson said he was in an emotional state after recently ending a long-term relationship with a girlfriend, and he passed off some early advances as "innocent playful activity."

The relationship became sexual about two months later and the two would sometimes engage in unprotected sex, he said. When rumors of the relationship began spreading around the tour, Gallagher-Smith told Robinson that he must deny they had anything but a work relationship, the suit states.

Robinson goes on to say that Gallagher-Smith told him she and her husband had been unsuccessful in conceiving a child. In July, she told Robinson she was pregnant and led him to believe he might be the father, the suit says.

Under pressure from Robinson, Gallagher-Smith eventually told her husband and said he forgave them, and Robinson continued to caddie for Gallagher-Smith through the end of the tour season in October, Robinson said.

"I hope to get retribution for the emotional pain and suffering and eventually get some rights to the child," Robinson said. "The laws in Florida are very tough with the situation I'm in but this suit is about financial retribution."

An 11-year tour veteran, Gallagher-Smith has one career victory and career earnings of about $1.1 million. She has not played in a tour event this year
[/quote]

Geezz... I'm happily married and for quite a while but if I was young & single and caddying for a good looking LPGA golfer and she wanted to relax between rounds with some great sex - my reply would be," pick me - pick me!"
"Max"

"One Day At a Time"

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

She 'seduced' him in the same way that McDonald's 'makes' people eat their food.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Top Dog' timestamp='1188652327' post='702403']
Does anybody know the outcome of this case? And did the caddie get her pregnant or not?

PS:I know the thread is old but I am curious.
[/quote]

I played with Jackie last summer. I had never heard of her before I found out I was playing with her so I googled her name the night before. One of the first links to come up was [url="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359118-the-20-biggest-athlete-sex-scandals"]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359118-the-20-biggest-athlete-sex-scandals[/url] It was kind of strange playing with her after having read the dirt on the internet. I feel bad for her or anyone else who has something totally embarrassing and personal come up when their name is googled. She is a first class act and very down to earth and has a pretty darn good game.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='SurfDuffer' timestamp='1329703066' post='4327827']
[quote name='Top Dog' timestamp='1188652327' post='702403']
Does anybody know the outcome of this case? And did the caddie get her pregnant or not?

PS:I know the thread is old but I am curious.
[/quote]

I played with Jackie last summer. I had never heard of her before I found out I was playing with her so I googled her name the night before. One of the first links to come up was [url="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359118-the-20-biggest-athlete-sex-scandals"]http://bleacherrepor...te-sex-scandals[/url] It was kind of strange playing with her after having read the dirt on the internet. I feel bad for her or anyone else who has something totally embarrassing and personal come up when their name is googled. She is a first class act and very down to earth and has a pretty darn good game.
[/quote]

i know this thread is really old, but I didn't even know this forum existed until today........ first thing I thought of when I read the last post was "damn, she got to you too"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've always liked Jackie....IMO...a very attractive lady.

Not knocking you, to each their own, but I was wondering how she could seduce anyone. She's a 0.5 in my book.

I'd tap this all night long!!! :idhitit:

gallagher.jpg

I'm with Norm G on this one. Not a .5, probably more like a 3? I guess it's like what Method Man once said. If you can't get yourself a 10 the least you can do is f*** five 2's.