2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Nunchuk

bamageorge

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who on here plays the Nunchuk shaft? I was thinking the consistency story makes a lot of sense, but not certain about the total weight? Makes me think this one size fits all shaft is really just for faster clubhead speeds (100 mph driver ss here). Feedback is welcomed.

apparently they fit everybody? there are stories on here of it working for people with 80mph ss. i have just bought 3 because i got a really really sweet deal so i hope they do work! tongue.gif

i have about 100mph swing speed maybe tops out at 105 if i am luck but bottoms out about 95 mph on a very bad day when my back is at me. i will post a review once i have some course time with them..

I actually just received two from a friend at UST. I really like the Nun. It feels extremely butt stiff and soft in the tip end. It has a very unique feel I really like this shaft for because its a spin killer and mid/high launch. I get laughed at from my friends at work that don't like the shaft because they think its "Uniflex". The shaft doesn't go left on me which is a good thing.

I am headed out to the "van" today to build my 3 wood with the Nun. Will be interested to see how the shaft plays in my 3 wood. My friend has one in his hybrid and kills hit.

[quote name='bamageorge' timestamp='1312487841' post='3452074']
Who on here plays the Nunchuk shaft? I was thinking the consistency story makes a lot of sense, but not certain about the total weight? Makes me think this one size fits all shaft is really just for faster clubhead speeds (100 mph driver ss here). Feedback is welcomed.
[/quote]

I play it and love it. Very straight. Doesn't swing heavy at all.
Im a 250-260 yd total guy and it works for me.

[quote name='TMAGplayer1' timestamp='1312498202' post='3452572']
I actually just received two from a friend at UST. I really like the Nun. It feels extremely butt stiff and soft in the tip end. It has a very unique feel I really like this shaft for because its a spin killer and mid/high launch. I get laughed at from my friends at work that don't like the shaft because they think its "Uniflex". The shaft doesn't go left on me which is a good thing.

I am headed out to the "van" today to build my 3 wood with the Nun. Will be interested to see how the shaft plays in my 3 wood. My friend has one in his hybrid and kills hit.

[/quote]

thats what am hoping for reckon this will be a great 3 wood,5 wood and hyrbid shaft...

[quote name='marky1979' timestamp='1312499912' post='3452626']
[quote name='TMAGplayer1' timestamp='1312498202' post='3452572']

[/quote]

thats what am hoping for reckon this will be a great 3 wood,5 wood and hyrbid shaft...
[/quote]

It's killer in 3 woods and hybrids. I no longer need to look for other shafts. I took the one out of my driver because I wanted a higher launch without buying new heads.

[quote name='Nickr28784' timestamp='1312511341' post='3453129']
Where can I get one? I'm in CT and have been waiting 2 months to get my hands on one...
[/quote]
Downtown Golf in Stamford has them.

The shaft is phenomenal. Very, very stable, accurate, and has great feel. My swingspeed was down slightly but the consistency was enough to make up for it.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

[quote name='SCFgolfs' timestamp='1312493480' post='3452357']
Seems like I saw one in one of the PGA events Pics on the range, but I guess it could have been a Pro Am player.
[/quote]

That was prob Snedaker with it in his A12 hybrid. Has had it for a while and was there when he won. There are a few in play now by various players.

I just switched out a Matrix Ozik HD6 for a Nunchuk in my R11. I've only had 2 range sessions and played 1 round with it so far, but accuracy definitely seemed to improve. The shaft felt solid, but not heavy like I was expecting. Completely different feel during the swing than any shaft I've ever used, but I don't mind it. My bad misses were reigned in and I don't feel like I lost any distance even with the drop from 45.25" in the Matrix to 44.5" in the Nunchuk. I'm in the 110+mph swing speed range and from the comments I've read it looks like high swing speeds typically do well with this shaft. I haven't had anyone else try it yet, so not sure how it reacts at lower swing speeds. I know everyone catches heat on this site when they talk about their high swing speed, but I'm 27 and 6'2", so believe what you will. Definitely considering putting one in my 906f2.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I put Nunchuk shafts in my r11 ti 3 wood and 2009 rescue tp. It has been very good in the 3 wood which is set at 13 degrees. I've only had a few swings with the hybrid so far.

The trajectory is very consistent and can still be worked both ways if needed. I'd say the shaft is more of a mid launch.

I'm a 3HC with 110 swing speed with the driver.

PJ

I've got one with a Cally Razr Tour head and love it. I had to move up to a 10.5* head since it launched low for me. I have it cut to 43.75 based on recommendations from the guy that invented it. You should go over to Secret in the Dirt forums, there is a LONG thread about it and the inventor is a big poster.

[quote name='PreppySlapCut' timestamp='1312512258' post='3453179']
Where can I get one? I'm in CT and have been waiting 2 months to get my hands on one...
[/quote]
Downtown Golf in Stamford has them.

The shaft is phenomenal. Very, very stable, accurate, and has great feel. My swingspeed was down slightly but the consistency was enough to make up for it.
[/quote]

Thanks! I'm in the Htfd area, but next time I'm down there for work, I will stop in and get one. I wish I knew... I was just there yesterday!

[/quote]

[quote name='Johnny4379' timestamp='1312515673' post='3453339']
What's the deal with everyone getting the hookup on this shaft? Every post I read about it, someone bought 3 or 5 because they got a killer deal ..and I missing out on something? I want to try it too, share te love !
[/quote]

I just found out you can buy these shaft direct from their website at www.nventix.com. And, I found them on Facebook.

FYI - they are giving away shafts this month on Facebook.

Thanks for the info bamageorge! Just signed up for the contest. Would love to win one of those shafts to try out!

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

[quote name='bamageorge' timestamp='1312571980' post='3454863']
[/quote]

What's the deal with everyone getting the hookup on this shaft? Every post I read about it, someone bought 3 or 5 because they got a killer deal ..and I missing out on something? I want to try it too, share te love !
[/quote]

I just found out you can buy these shaft direct from their website at www.nventix.com. And, I found them on Facebook.

[/quote]

Thanks! I'm going to check this out now!

I am also a huge fan of the Nunchuck. I have one in my driver and my fairway woods and I have never hit my target more often. I would highly recommend this shaft to anyone.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

[color=#1C2837][size=2][quote]I am also a huge fan of the Nunchuck. I have one in my driver and my fairway woods and I have never hit my target more often. I would highly recommend this shaft to anyone.[/quote][/size][/color]
[size="3"][color="#1C2837"][size=2]
[/size][/color][/size]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]so did you just order your Nunchuks through there website? I don't know i'm just on the edge of ordering a $260 shaft that i've never tried before.[/size][/color]

[quote name='bamageorge' timestamp='1312571980' post='3454863']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah been to the website on FB to see about deals
Maybe it was just when it was released, but guys were talking about picking them up substantially cheaper than the 250 price tag

I have a relatively slow swing speed and it worked perfect for me. Great accuracy. It only felt like it was a 70 gram shaft.

The only cons I found were that it definitely slowed my swing speed down even though it didn't feel as heavy. We are on talking about 2-3 mph on average. The other con was it felt very muted. It didn't feel boardy but it didn't feel lively. It just didn't feel like anything. I could never tell if I killed a drive or if I topped it.

No matter how I hit it on the clubface, it went straight.

I LOVE this shaft. Im swinging high 90's low 100's. Changed my game. Make sure you get the swing weight right for what's comfortable to you. If you get the SW right doesn't feel heavy at all. The club is designed to be 44-43.5 inches. Take that to heart. I tried at 45 hated it then went to 44 and my whole game changed. Read this forum, tells you all about the shaft and the inventor answers all posts.
[url="http://secretinthedirt.com/index.php/forum/133-driver-golf-shafts/10941-nunchuk-driver-shaft-unique-concept"]http://secretinthedirt.com/index.php/forum/133-driver-golf-shafts/10941-nunchuk-driver-shaft-unique-concept[/url]