*Incredible* deals on GPP!!

gppgolf

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size="3"]I feel obligated to post here, to advise people to call about any orders from GPP that they have not received yet.

I used to love GPP. When I saw the 25% off tweets, etc., I even pumped them up on twitter, etc. telling everyone what a great deal they were offering on drivers.

So I (like many others apparently) I order my driver (on December 9). The driver I ordered WAS NOT out of stock. I waited a few days for an update that my driver had been shipped. Nothing. I go online, check status, says still "in process" 5 days later. Not good.

I finally decided to call today. Guess what? They do not have the driver. They will not be getting more. They cannot drop ship it. So I cannot get the driver I ordered. We talk about it, and I have no choice but to cancel my order.

I'm VERY FRUSTRATED and VERY DISAPPOINTED. I have had good success with them before, and will be the first to say that. But they have to know that this undoes all of that. They sold me a driver they did not have.

Anyone else who placed an order for a driver that was not listed as out of stock should call about their order.

[/size]

I made 2 orders during black Friday. First one got through and shipped the next day. The next one got stuck in purgatory land in their system and didn't ship until a week later after I called. All in all they were great deals and they threw in a free club brush so I thought that was a very nice gesture. Fast forward to today, I still want to take advantage of the ongoing sales, but the fact that the site is crawling and that 9 out 10 items don't have prices until you add them to the cart is highly annoying. At least show the MSRP so I can see thd ballpark figure. It took me over 10 minutes trying to find out how much 3 items are and by that time I just gave up. GPP should really do something about that website.

[quote name='Tallen01' timestamp='1323876900' post='3938101']
[size="3"]I feel obligated to post here, to advise people to call about any orders from GPP that they have not received yet.

I used to love GPP. When I saw the 25% off tweets, etc., I even pumped them up on twitter, etc. telling everyone what a great deal they were offering on drivers.

So I (like many others apparently) I order my driver (on December 9). The driver I ordered WAS NOT out of stock. I waited a few days for an update that my driver had been shipped. Nothing. I go online, check status, says still "in process" 5 days later. Not good.

I finally decided to call today. Guess what? They do not have the driver. They will not be getting more. They cannot drop ship it. So I cannot get the driver I ordered. We talk about it, and I have no choice but to cancel my order.

I'm VERY FRUSTRATED and VERY DISAPPOINTED. I have had good success with them before, and will be the first to say that. But they have to know that this undoes all of that. They sold me a driver they did not have.

Anyone else who placed an order for a driver that was not listed as out of stock should call about their order.

[/size]
[/quote]

Which driver did you order?

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

910D2, 10.5 stiff, 'ilima shaft.

[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1323889294' post='3939143']

[/size]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name='tjumper78' timestamp='1323897840' post='3939889']
btw, i think they are no longer giving out the $5~$25 credit for adding/liking them on the social media networks.
[/quote]

Yeah we still have the $20 credits rolling...connect (like, follow, subscribe) with us on all four social networks: Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, YouTube and I'll add $20 to your GPP account. If you don't have a GPP account, [url="https://www.gppgolf.com/customer/account/create/"]get one now here[/url]. Then just shoot an email to [email protected] with a link w/ handle to all your social networks.

More info here:[url="http://www.gppgolf.com/social-credits"] http://www.gppgolf.com/social-credits[/url]

[/size]
[/quote]

Tom, thank you for your post, I am EXTREMELY upset the way that your order on 12/9 for a 910 driver was handled and not taken care of. I am investigating into what happened here and why your driver wasn't available and why you weren't notified of an issue. You should have your 910 driver and I empathize with your frustration and disappointment -- I will PM, contact you directly tomorrow. If any of you guys ever have any issue with your order or are feeling like your order is taking too long, please don't hesitate to PM me and/or email me, [email protected] and I will promptly get you an answer and resolve.

Brandon East
Marketing Director
GPPgolf.com
[email protected]
1-888-477-3444 x245

[quote name='PhiQuanTu' timestamp='1323910250' post='3940817']
^^^ Can't beat this kind of service. Hope the issue will be resolved fairly and make both parties happy :partytime2:
[/quote]

I agree. I am very pleased so far; very quick response. As I said, I had nothing but good experiences up until this one item, so let's hope it works out. Fingers crossed :)

[quote name='Tallen01' timestamp='1323889643' post='3939169']
910D2, 10.5 stiff, 'ilima shaft.

[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1323889294' post='3939143']

[/size]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I actually ordered the exact same thing so I called earlier and was told that they would look into it to let me know when the next shipment was coming in. No mention of not having my order fulfilled. I was also offered the option of getting a different model, but since the sale it seems their entire inventory of 910's has been wiped out. Id actually prefer the Kai'li, butthey were out of every shaft option. Like you, ive always had very good experiences with GPP, so im sure theyll get it taken care of. I just got a little worried when I saw that we had identical orders.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[/size]
[/quote]

I emailed Brandon from gpp after his post on here in response to what your were told as my 910 order is in the same order state. He put me in contact with customer service and I was basically told the same thing as you. I am waiting to here back from Brandon, but it seems like everyone is not on the same page. It was posted on here that they have a bunch of extra stock and that is the reason for the sale, yet customer service says the items were never really in stock ?

[quote name='jpaul155' timestamp='1323971004' post='3943663']

[/size]
[/quote]

I emailed Brandon from gpp after his post on here in response to what your were told as my 910 order is in the same order state. He put me in contact with customer service and I was basically told the same thing as you. I am waiting to here back from Brandon, but it seems like everyone is not on the same page. It was posted on here that they have a bunch of extra stock and that is the reason for the sale, yet customer service says the items were never really in stock ?
[/quote]

It was an over commitment issue and our site had allowed for more purchases than we had in stock, and didn't cache quick enough, so when that deal went live we sold more 910 drivers than we had and it didn't register in our system nor notify us that there was some issue. We are out of ALL 910 drivers in-stock and had [b]plenty[/b] on hand. You should see our brick and mortar store, there's not a single driver available because they are all committed. This issue seems to be only confined to the Titileist 910 drivers with custom/upgraded shafts, I understand how ticked the small handful of you guys are and I am checking into what had gone wrong. Our customer service team is trying whatever it takes to put those who missed out on the 910 driver on another comparable in-stock driver with your configurations with the 25% off, although we know it's NOT the 910. I can imagine how annoyed y'all are, crushing the hopes of finally scoring that 910 driver you've wanted, then to BUY it, wait, and hear that it has been committed is extremely frustrating. I don't want a single customer of ours to leave unhappy, or leaving upset without expressing concern of how we can improve and become better -- so I thank you all who reached out and posted, because I read all this, the good stuff and our screw ups.

On a positive note we do have many, many good deals to be had and tomorrow we are re-launching our Black Friday specials that will run through the month!

- Brandon

I'll throw my experience in on this, though I'll preface by saying I HAVE NOT made a purchase from GPP, for specific reasons.

I saw how great the R11 deals were over the weekend, the $$ type deal rather than a $$$ or $$$$ type with the coupon while it was active, and even the $ less than the two big shops I have in town (GS and EW). I was ready to make my purchase after work Friday when finances were square (not being cheap or lacking money, just wanted to make sure things had cleared the bank first). Went to the site and saw they were out of the head/shaft combo I was eyeballing. Called and spoke to a rep who told me that most of their R11 supply had been sent back to Taylormade as unsold stock (or something like that), and that they were now sold out of what they did have in that configuration. The rep said he didn't know whether there would be anymore available before the special pricings were over, but that he would check and call me the next day. Next day, no call, so I follow up with a call and another rep reiterates that they were sold out of most, if not all configurations, but he did say he would try to get me a price for ordering one from TM. Was supposed to call back yesterday with info, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Had kinda hoped to order with GPP, I've made other purchases from them before, but sadly I missed out this time around. Still might take advantage of some of the clothing specials!

Hey guys, Just wanted to check and see if anyone was in the same situation as me. Let me start by saying I understand that due to this large sale, there has been a large increase in purchases and it has caused things to slow down. With that said, I purchased a R11 T3 on Monday morning. Knowing that it was a busy time, I understood that to expect it to ship same day or even next day was a stretch. The problem that I have is when I called yesterday morning to confirm that my club would be shipped so that I could receive it before I leave on Monday, I spoke to two separate individuals and both guaranteed it would be shipped yesterday. Come today, my order status still has not changed and is only saying order submitted. I am not trying to complain or be negative, but when told by two separate people that my order would be shipped today, I tend to believe that what was said should happen. Just wanted to know if anybody else has had this problem.

[quote name='surfer2231' timestamp='1323981138' post='3944509']
Hey guys, Just wanted to check and see if anyone was in the same situation as me. Let me start by saying I understand that due to this large sale, there has been a large increase in purchases and it has caused things to slow down. With that said, I purchased a R11 T3 on Monday morning. Knowing that it was a busy time, I understood that to expect it to ship same day or even next day was a stretch. The problem that I have is when I called yesterday morning to confirm that my club would be shipped so that I could receive it before I leave on Monday, I spoke to two separate individuals and both guaranteed it would be shipped yesterday. Come today, my order status still has not changed and is only saying order submitted. I am not trying to complain or be negative, but when told by two separate people that my order would be shipped today, I tend to believe that what was said should happen. Just wanted to know if anybody else has had this problem.
[/quote]

I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago when I ordered on black friday. I had three people tell me it would ship on a certain day and it never did. All in all it took about a week to ship out and I received everything I had ordered. At first I was a little mad, but than I realized that there was no point in being bad because of the great deals I received. So my advice would just be patient with them, they are doing the best they can.

[quote name='gppgolf' timestamp='1323909054' post='3940717']
btw, i think they are no longer giving out the $5~$25 credit for adding/liking them on the social media networks.
[/quote]

Yeah we still have the $20 credits rolling...connect (like, follow, subscribe) with us on all four social networks: Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, YouTube and I'll add $20 to your GPP account. If you don't have a GPP account, [url="https://www.gppgolf.com/customer/account/create/"]get one now here[/url]. Then just shoot an email to [email protected] with a link w/ handle to all your social networks.

More info here:[url="http://www.gppgolf.com/social-credits"] http://www.gppgolf.com/social-credits[/url]
[/quote]

how does the credit apply?
does it appear in the "store credit"?

i liked/followed/subscribed all 4 networks and sent
the email to [email protected] on 12/8.
nothing so far.

[quote name='gppgolf' timestamp='1323909054' post='3940717']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Here's my question: If you completed all social media requirements, received credits, used them but then cancelled the order, are they gone for good? I did order one thing but called to cancel, checked my account dashboard and saw the cancellation but nothing about credits after that. If it's a gone for good thing, now big deal, was just a thought I had.

[quote name='Txstcatman' timestamp='1323979167' post='3944375']
I'll throw my experience in on this, though I'll preface by saying I HAVE NOT made a purchase from GPP, for specific reasons.

I saw how great the R11 deals were over the weekend, the $$ type deal rather than a $$$ or $$$$ type with the coupon while it was active, and even the $ less than the two big shops I have in town (GS and EW). I was ready to make my purchase after work Friday when finances were square (not being cheap or lacking money, just wanted to make sure things had cleared the bank first). Went to the site and saw they were out of the head/shaft combo I was eyeballing. Called and spoke to a rep who told me that most of their R11 supply had been sent back to Taylormade as unsold stock (or something like that), and that they were now sold out of what they did have in that configuration. The rep said he didn't know whether there would be anymore available before the special pricings were over, but that he would check and call me the next day. Next day, no call, so I follow up with a call and another rep reiterates that they were sold out of most, if not all configurations, but he did say he would try to get me a price for ordering one from TM. Was supposed to call back yesterday with info, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Had kinda hoped to order with GPP, I've made other purchases from them before, but sadly I missed out this time around. Still might take advantage of some of the clothing specials!
[/quote]

They had plenty supply of R11 and r11 TPs when I was in the store in Tuesday. They also had about a dozen various 910 drivers on the rack.

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
TaylorMade M5 14* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
TaylorMade M5 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
Ping i500 4-UW Recoil 110 F4
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50.0, 54 ES & 58 ES Recoil 110 F4
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28

[quote name='woodlandsgolfer ' timestamp='1323988930' post='3945099']
[quote name='Txstcatman' timestamp='1323979167' post='3944375']

I saw how great the R11 deals were over the weekend, the $ type deal rather than a $$ or $$ type with the coupon while it was active, and even the $ less than the two big shops I have in town (GS and EW). I was ready to make my purchase after work Friday when finances were square (not being cheap or lacking money, just wanted to make sure things had cleared the bank first). Went to the site and saw they were out of the head/shaft combo I was eyeballing. Called and spoke to a rep who told me that most of their R11 supply had been sent back to Taylormade as unsold stock (or something like that), and that they were now sold out of what they did have in that configuration. The rep said he didn't know whether there would be anymore available before the special pricings were over, but that he would check and call me the next day. Next day, no call, so I follow up with a call and another rep reiterates that they were sold out of most, if not all configurations, but he did say he would try to get me a price for ordering one from TM. Was supposed to call back yesterday with info, but I haven't heard from them yet.

[/quote]

They had plenty supply of R11 and r11 TPs when I was in the store in Tuesday. They also had about a dozen various 910 drivers on the rack.
[/quote]

Cool, wish someone made that mention to me over the phone lines. Each rep I've talked to said they're low on R11s, specifically the TP 9* head with RIP Alpha, it being a "popular" combination. I was even directed towards the purchase of a different combo (Radix 6) that is in no way what I was looking for, based on my own review of my launch monitor numbers (tend to get a lot of spin and high launch). If I could have bought through GPP for the $100 difference, I would have in a heartbeat... Heck if they'd called me and said they couldn't do the "View Price in Cart" figure but could do the order for $50 more, I probably would have because I could have still put my social media credits towards purchase.

I had some issues, but they took care of me, and I appreciate it. Ended up being able to get my BF order, over a week after, but still got "most" of it. Some was sold out, they worked it out with me, and I ended up ordering a 910 and had it all shipped at once. I was shorted a dozen pentas. I bought 2, and they shipped 2, not the 3.

Just as a heads up. Put 3 in the total for the Pentas. No idea what it'll do for the order if you'll end up buying 3, but I bought 2, and the promo was on the invoice, and I was told I was suppose to put 3 on there to get 3 shipped.

Whichever the case, I talked to someone on their online support, and verified I only got 2 shipped, and they would mail my other dozen. If that's actually going to happen, who knows.

[quote name='andrewtate' timestamp='1323992127' post='3945307']
What I find interesting is that they bump up the prices to counter the 25% off. For example, Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth putter is $179 on their website, with the 25% discount goes to $135, which is the price being sold elsewhere.
[/quote]

I think at some point, they can't completely take a loss on it, or in some cases, lose their shirt. They do have employees and a light bill to pay.

The Adams A4r's were $149.99 for BF. Pretty darn good price for a set of irons. They are back to $199.99 on sale. 25% brings that back to $149 for the BF price.

[quote name='andrewtate' timestamp='1323992127' post='3945307']
What I find interesting is that they bump up the prices to counter the 25% off. For example, Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth putter is $179 on their website, with the 25% discount goes to $135, which is the price being sold elsewhere.
[/quote]

They are $149 on TGW.

[quote name='gppgolf' timestamp='1323977802' post='3944245']This issue seems to be only confined to the Titileist 910 drivers with custom/upgraded shafts, I understand how ticked the small handful of you guys are and I am checking into what had gone wrong.[/quote]

PMing you regarding an order that is still in the "order submitted" stage and is neither a driver nor custom/upgraded shaft.

913D AD BB 6s
913 Fd 15 & 18 Blue S+ 82
Cobra S3 Pro
Vokey 52, 56, 60k
Ping Milled Anser

[quote name='gpugliese' timestamp='1324012050' post='3946913']
Received my order today after placing it late last Friday. I didn't get a headcover or wrench with the R11 driver, but I guess I can't really complain considering it was $170-something.
[/quote]

I haven't ordered anything and this might just be me...but I believe I'd be calling and getting that. Certainly should be included and not sure why you'd send out a new R11 without the hc or tool. I guess maybe you're just happy to actually have received it after the way a lot of these posts have sounded.

Hi Brandon. Thanks for looking into the issue. I appreciate the concern and your efforts to determine what went wrong.

Any luck on getting the issue resolved yet? I know you have determined what the problem was, but I have not yet heard about a solution for those of us who ordered.

Do you guys expect to get in any more 910s at some point? As a resolution, I'd be interested in buying one in the future at the committed price, if you expect to get more stock eventually.

Thanks again for keeping on top of the issue.

[quote name='gppgolf' timestamp='1323977802' post='3944245']
[quote name='jpaul155' timestamp='1323971004' post='3943663']

[/size]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It was an over commitment issue and our site had allowed for more purchases than we had in stock, and didn't cache quick enough, so when that deal went live we sold more 910 drivers than we had and it didn't register in our system nor notify us that there was some issue. We are out of ALL 910 drivers in-stock and had [b]plenty[/b] on hand. You should see our brick and mortar store, there's not a single driver available because they are all committed. This issue seems to be only confined to the Titileist 910 drivers with custom/upgraded shafts, I understand how ticked the small handful of you guys are and I am checking into what had gone wrong. Our customer service team is trying whatever it takes to put those who missed out on the 910 driver on another comparable in-stock driver with your configurations with the 25% off, although we know it's NOT the 910. I can imagine how annoyed y'all are, crushing the hopes of finally scoring that 910 driver you've wanted, then to BUY it, wait, and hear that it has been committed is extremely frustrating. I don't want a single customer of ours to leave unhappy, or leaving upset without expressing concern of how we can improve and become better -- so I thank you all who reached out and posted, because I read all this, the good stuff and our screw ups.

On a positive note we do have many, many good deals to be had and tomorrow we are re-launching our Black Friday specials that will run through the month!

- Brandon
[/quote]

[quote name='gpugliese' timestamp='1324012050' post='3946913']
Received my order today after placing it late last Friday. I didn't get a headcover or wrench with the R11 driver, but I guess I can't really complain considering it was $170-something.
[/quote]

I received a TP headcover and wrench with my R11 ordered the same date...I would follow up with them.

Driver Cobra LTDx 10.5*
Fairway Metal Titleist TSi2 

Hybrid Ping G425 22*

Irons Fourteen TC-770 4-PW 
Wedges Vokey SM9 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter Bettinardi iNOVAi 6.0