DEC. 20 CHAT WITH TAYLORMADE (Read what TMag replied to all of your questions pg 12)

HipCheck

[quote name='GetmeouttaJersey' timestamp='1324410351' post='3966799']
Apparently, my questions are terrible, but I would really love to be put in the drawing, so.....

Since I'm a TM junkie (see signature) and my birthday happens to fall on the February 3rd Release date, how big of a party will be thrown to celebrate these two monumental events??
[/quote]

Love your WITB, GetmeouttaJersey! We hope you have a party for the ages!

- DC

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SHIVAN' timestamp='1323810953' post='3934457']
With the enhancement of the R11 line, will this also open the door to more additions in the publicly available TMAG R11 graphics "aftermarket" shafts? If so, what new shafts are anticipated first (Ahina 70 & 80, AD DI, Kioyshi, etc)? If no expansion in shaft selection is anticipated, please explain.

Thanks GolfWRX and Taylor Made!!!
[/quote]

[size=2]Our current plan is to add 5 new shafts, to ourcurrent offering for MWs. New shafts will be Aldila RIP Phenom 50 TP, AldilaRip’d NV 65, Matrix Rul 60, Rul 70 and F7M3. Also new for 2012, the custom TPshafts will come in aftermarket colors, to eliminate confusion from the market.[/size]

[size=2]Stock and Stock TP, as well as shafts used onTour, will continue to be our corporate graphics. -TO[/size]

[quote name='puttagain' timestamp='1324410027' post='3966753']
What is Taylormade's estimate of how many additional changes can be made to the golf club head, especially the driver, before the physics are truly up against the USGA rules? To state it differently, how far can the OEMs continue to go on redesigns?
[/quote]

We still have awhile to go before I can retire. :rolleyes:

- TO

did you ever tryed to paint the face of the club white? and if so,or not, what where your findings?

[size=2]G25 8.5° phenom NL 60 s[/size]
[size=2]xcg7 13° fuel ts 70 s[/size]
[size=2]G20 16.5° nvs 85 s tipped 1.75"[/size]
[size=2]G20 3,4,5 & 6 hybrids nv 105 s[/size]
[size=2]G25 7-u irons s300 ssx1 +1"[/size]
[size=2]EYE XG s & l wedges 8 iron x100[/size]
[size=2]G2 ally c ss fatso 5.0[/size]

[quote name='evoviiiyou' timestamp='1323811042' post='3934465']
What is the static head weight difference in the R11 440 headed driver and the R11S 460 head?

What is the shaft length of the RBZ 3 wood, and 5 wood?

Will there be a 4 wood offering in the RBZ line?

Will there be new wedge line offering for 2012?

Why is it better for the MWT ports to be closer to the face than towards the rear of the club head like in the R9 Super Tri head?
[/quote]

[size=2]R11 and R11S head weights will remainconsistent, approve 206-208 gr[/size]

[size=2]Shaft length of RBZ 3 wood is 43.5”. measuredon the USGA ground plane ruler, which corresponds to what our tour playersbuild. 5 wood is ½” shorter.[/size]

[size=2]There is no 4 wood, but the will be a 3HL-17.This club is a 3 wood head/length etc, but with more loft and should be easierfor golfer to identify this as a better option. Since the 3 wood is the hardest club to hit for almost all golfers,adding loft greatly improves this performance and we expect it to be a bigseller. As a percentage of sales units,a Burner 2.0, 4 wood will sell about1/15 the unit volume of a 3 wood, while a 3HL is predicted to sell about 1/5the units of the std 3 wood. [/size]

[size=2]There is some slight confusion in the Burner2.0 line with a 4 wood naming and most golfers don’t pick the proper one.Additionally the #4, does not do well in asia, so it is limiting in sales. [/size]

[size=2]There will be a 4 wood in the R11S fw family.[/size]

[size=2]New ATV wedges will be very successful in 2012.[/size]

[size=2]From a weighting standpoint, dual frontweighting provides more ballspeed, than a 3 weighted head with the heavy weightin the back. -TO[/size]

[quote name='db22' timestamp='1324408347' post='3966519']
are the new atv wedges forged?
[/quote]

The new ATV wedges are cast of a 304 stainless steel. Then the new micro textured grooves are CNC milled onto the face for maximum spin generation. Out on tour for at least the last 5 years over 90% of the wedges in play have been cast wedges. If you have the right materials with milled grooves and face texturing you can produce great feel and maximum spin in a shape that is better performing. Using cast stainless also allows us not to have to electroplate the head with Ni-Cr. This keeps the grooves and texture pristine and performing at the highest level. Casting also allows for more complex shapes, which allows the ATV wedge to be as versatile as it is. -BW

[quote name='saxquestsyd' timestamp='1324410080' post='3966761']
There appear to be some similarities in Taylor Made's marketing to that of Apple, or vice versa. Is there a possibility of a pre order date for the RBZ woods?
[/quote]

Yes you will be able to preorder Rocketballz on January 3[sup]rd[/sup]. We appreciate your association with Apple. Thanks for posting.

- MF

Thanks TO! Knowing the RBZ Fwy is 17yds longer than my current Burner 2.0 Fwy is quite a compelling bit. I'm really looking foward to demo day when they're available. Are these distance gains all done on a RBZ 3 wood? I may be interested in the RBZ 4 wood for some more loft (esp. since they're so much longer), if a RBZ 4 wood is available.

Thanks again for taking the time on WRX!!
[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1324409978' post='3966747']
[quote name='drifter12' timestamp='1323810343' post='3934395']
as a golfer looking for a new driver or fairway wood, what are the benefits/drawbacks of the R11S woods vs. the new RBZ woods? what types of golfers is each line targeted for? Thanks WRX and TM for the thread.
[/quote]

Answering some of these early questions in the thread...
[size="2"]The main tradeoff between the R11S fw and the RBZ fw will be inspeed vs adjustability. R11S offers FCTand ASP, to allow golfers to dial in the club for their specific needs tooptimize playability and distance.[/size]

[size="2"]The RBz will provide 17 yds more than a Burner2.0 fw, while the R11S fw will be about 7 yds longer than the R11 fw. As we say, individual results will vary basedon your personal launch conditions, etc. You can easily infer from this that RBZ will be longer than R11S. [/size]

[size="2"]However, similar to iron performance, thisyears Burner 2.0's are similarly longer than our TP MC irons. Since there aremany golfers needs out there, not everyone plays Burner 2.0 irons. We expect asimilar scenario when comparing RBZ to R11S fws. -TO[/size]

[/quote]

TaylorMade Stealth 10.5
Titleist 906F4
TaylorMade Stealth 3 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forged 4-PW
TaylorMade MG3 Black 52/56

Scotty Phantom X7
.. and a collection of Odyssey #7s 🙂

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1324410574' post='3966827']
[quote name='GetmeouttaJersey' timestamp='1324410351' post='3966799']
Apparently, my questions are terrible, but I would really love to be put in the drawing, so.....

Since I'm a TM junkie (see signature) and my birthday happens to fall on the February 3rd Release date, how big of a party will be thrown to celebrate these two monumental events??
[/quote]

Love your WITB, GetmeouttaJersey! We hope you have a party for the ages!

- DC
[/quote]

I'm sure I'll be spending my birthday at my local retailer! hahaha Thanks TM!

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

[quote name='Splitter' timestamp='1324410168' post='3966773']
I have a ton of trouble with 3Ws off the deck. Is there anything special about the RBZ FWs that will help here?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Yes, the CG being moved forward will help you position the fairway better at impact and noticeably get the ball up in the air.

- TO

Any word on new belly designed putters?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Fetch Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

[quote name='JasonJ33' timestamp='1323812163' post='3934565']
At this point, people seem to think of Titleist and other brands for workability and professional standards as far as drivers and woods are concerned, how will rocketballz and the new r11 help change the viewpoint of the internet junkies and show that taylormade is not only forgiving but the best choice from a performance and workability standpoint?
[/quote]

[size=2]We believe workability comes from many factors,the head, shaft and build specs all play a part. For better players, we believeour products perform extremely well for these needs especially with the currentR11 which is clearly shown by our dominant tour and market presence. [/size]

[size=2]Our new 2012 MW are even better in theserespects, especially when you will compare the RBZ lineup to our current Burner2.0 offerings. This was a major focus with the development of the RBZ family,which will be very evident when you hit the products. -TO[/size]

[quote name='bu11dog' timestamp='1324410802' post='3966867']
I'm a low ball hitter.

Will the new fairway woods be easier for me to get off the deck?

What is the range of lofts that will be available?
[/quote]

Yes, the CG being moved forward will help you position the fairway better at impact and noticeably get the ball up in the air. Easier to hit high and long than any fairway wood we've ever created. The standard RBZ fairway will be 15, 17, 19, 21 and 24. The Tour version will be 13, 14.5 and 18.

- TO

[quote name='patrickw25' timestamp='1324408383' post='3966523']
What irons in your current line are most comparable to the R7TP (still in my bag after four years--awesome irons)?

It seems like the R11 irons are more comparable to the R7 (non-tp), while the MC irons are considerably more "players clubs" than the R7TPs, which are a great combo of playability and performance.
[/quote]

Our closest iron to the r7TP currently would be the R11 iron, although granted it has more offset in the long irons, and has a slightly larger head size. The sole width of the R11 is comparable, and the feel and flight should be comparable. The MC forged would be our best fit for someone who prefers mild offset, workability, forged feel, and some forgiveness. MC is a more traditional head in spec, while the R11 incorporates our best iron technologies and is considerably longer than the MC or r7TP irons. -BW

[quote name='ionakana511' timestamp='1323812237' post='3934571']
With both the new R11s and RBZ series drivers/woods having adjustable hosels, what will differentiate the two? Will the R-series still be targeted towards the more "control" oriented golfer while the RBZ series towards the "distance" oriented golfer? Going forward, will Taylormade continue to evolve the adjustability factor of clubs i.e. offer only clubs with FCT/MWT/hot-swappable shafts/etc?

[/quote]

[size=2]Similar to our previous offerings, we believethat some golfers want a simpler solution, (the Bombers) while other golferswant more capabilities and are not solely focused on distance above all else(the Technicians). This is still a good way to describe the two productofferings.[/size]

[size=2]This doesn’t mean all Bombers don’t wantadjustability and all Technicians are short hitters. Since golf is a sport where you must playyour foul balls, optimizing performance always requires some tradeoffs.[/size]

[size=2]Technically, all drivers are optimum isperformance from a clubspeed aero and ballspeed off the face perspective. Webelieve FCT is extremely valuable for drivers to help tune the performance. Itis also great for shaft swapping and retailers value it highly for reducingskus and increasing inventory turns. We expect that at $299 and above, FCT isbasically required for success. [/size]

[size=2]The real consumer tradeoff is moreadjustability with R11S versus the simpler FCT only system of RBZ for $100 lesswith stock shafts. R11 has shown the viability of ASP and we have seen thesuccess of MWT over the past 7 year. As with all purchases, it comes down tofeatures versus price, in the end we need to satisfy both types of consumerswith the best performance we can provide. -TO[/size]

[quote name='Circle-H' timestamp='1324410546' post='3966823']
Out of all the 'pure roll' inserts, which feels most like the steel agsi insert?
[/quote]

Our Titallium PureRoll insert that is available on our Ghost Tour series models would be most similar to the steel insert. The biggest advantage to the steel insert on the Rossa putters was that it added weight to putters without adjustable weight. You should receive a similar feel and forward roll on the Titallium insert. -BW

I saw one of my questions get answered, so here's another one strictly coming from my marketing background.

Why did TM go with the green accent colors for the RBZ line? Was there a focus group that showed green pops out and catches the eyes attention more than other colors like blue/yellow/etc? (I dont mind it at all since my bag is gonna be full of white/black/green clubs lol).

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Titleist Vokey 54*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

Can someone comment as to how the RBZ fairway sounds and feels at impact? More thwack? Or dink? It's a big consideration for many golfers looking to upgrade.

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

Will the Itsy Bitsy make a reappearance in the 2012 line-up? And, with the exploding popularity of the belly putter, is there any chance that you guys might be one of the first manufacturers (that I've seen) that will produce a belly with a centershafted head configuration? I putt with a standard length centershaft itsy bitsy, and have tinkered with bellying it, and a few other TM putters I have(can't get the weight up enough). I'd like to find a suitable belly that has a centershafted configuration, yet none are available from not just TM, but anyone, practically. It's hard for me to transition from the visual of a centershafted putter (using for a LOOOONG time) to looking at a heel shafted club. Any plans for a CS belly?