XCaliber Shafts

RobinArthur

Greetings One and All!

I've been away from the forums for a while tending to family and personal trials, tribulations, tragedies and all-around BS!! But there's a new light ahead and it's shining bright methinks.

I'm posting to get anyone's feedback and answer any questions about my XCalibers. After doubling sales from 2010 to 2011, then increasing by 80% last year, the XCaliber products and my "Mission", if you will, are being embraced all over. If you're interested, check this little <LOW budget> video out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkqCTFQIv8. I'm actually out there now knocking on doors for investment $s as I know once I get the products and message to the Big Stage....something great's going to happen and it'll be a lot of fun.

Cheers to all and here's to a GREAT and successful 2012!

Robin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RobinArthur' timestamp='1328408777' post='4215185']
Greetings One and All!

I've been away from the forums for a while tending to family and personal trials, tribulations, tragedies and all-around BS!! But there's a new light ahead and it's shining bright methinks.

I'm posting to get anyone's feedback and answer any questions about my XCalibers. After doubling sales from 2010 to 2011, then increasing by 80% last year, the XCaliber products and my "Mission", if you will, are being embraced all over. If you're interested, check this little <LOW budget> video out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkqCTFQIv8. I'm actually out there now knocking on doors for investment $s as I know once I get the products and message to the Big Stage....something great's going to happen and it'll be a lot of fun.

Robin
[/quote]

great Video Robin.

ive tried your iron shafts,great value and much better quality than say the GD Gtech or other similar priced.would love to see a shaft that competes with the Aerotech Steefibre.

Would you say the xcaliber Tour to be close to the Grafalloy Blue/Prolite?

will be getting a sl next order from Golfworks.

[quote name='neilc' timestamp='1328412668' post='4215647']
[quote name='RobinArthur' timestamp='1328408777' post='4215185']
Greetings One and All!

I'm posting to get anyone's feedback and answer any questions about my XCalibers. After doubling sales from 2010 to 2011, then increasing by 80% last year, the XCaliber products and my "Mission", if you will, are being embraced all over. If you're interested, check this little <LOW budget> video out - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkqCTFQIv8."]http://www.youtube.c...?v=-xkqCTFQIv8.[/url] I'm actually out there now knocking on doors for investment $s as I know once I get the products and message to the Big Stage....something great's going to happen and it'll be a lot of fun.

Robin
[/quote]

great Video Robin.

ive tried your iron shafts,great value and much better quality than say the GD Gtech or other similar priced.would love to see a shaft that competes with the Aerotech Steefibre.

Would you say the xcaliber Tour to be close to the Grafalloy Blue/Prolite?

will be getting a sl next order from Golfworks.
[/quote]

Hey -
Actually from the zone data I've taken off the Blue, it seems to have an overall weaker profile - less than 250 cpm on a butt freq, and less than 800 at the 11" mark. MY original ProLite (and TT has changed the design to save some material $s, but it's reasonably close) had a butt freq around 255 and the 11" mark was over 900. The XCaliber Tour Woods should be call "Sons of ProlIte" as they have a similar butt freq, but an even STIFFER lower section. These are dfeinitely designed for the higher swing speeds and/or quick, aggressive tempos/downswings. I've been quite successful fitting those players, and even using the R-flexes for others who would normally swing an S-flex.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the post!
Robin

[quote name='kilmidyke' timestamp='1328477664' post='4219657']
I am currently playing an Accuflex Icon in R flex, 9.5* 905R combo. I love the feel and really like the way this shaft loads for my smooth swing. I am mid tempo smooth transition and generate around 105mph on average.

I was curious which shaft in your line would give me that same kind of feel?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi -
I don't have the Icon's flex profile but will try to get. Which model are you using? The std., the lite...?. <I think there's even 3 versions of the heavier shafts>. What are you looking for in ball flight, etc.

Thanks for the post. I'll try to get some info and let you know.
Robin

Robin, Thanks for the reply. My shaft is the Accuflex Icon not sure which model but its a grey&black shaft and 73g if I remember correctly, but def not the "lite". I read somewhere that I should get the R flex as these shafts play stiffer than flex suggests and I think it was the right choice.

I have no trouble launching the ball and these do flatten trajectory out at what i would describe as mid but with very little roll out. Spin numbers were quite high on a brief LM session, cant remember exactly what they were though. I generally play a ProV1 too if that matters.

I like the high launch / mid height trajectory I have and how smooth they are to swing. I would just like to try and find a shaft that can replace the Icon.....y'know....just in case! lol

I know there are a ton of manufacturers out there but I really like the "honesty, integrity and truth" your company brings. That and the fact that you are the guy that started it all as far as custom shafts are concerned!

Thanks again.
Liam.

hey Robin, what an honor, i love your shafts! I am about to replace a prolite 3.5 with an Xcaliber. Just not sure which one yet. Thanks for the affordable quality shafts you guys are producing.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1329019349' post='4264465']
hey Robin, what an honor, i love your shafts! I am about to replace a prolite 3.5 with an Xcaliber. Just not sure which one yet. Thanks for the affordable quality shafts you guys are producing.
[/quote]

No... the honor is all MINE. Believe me, working w/ clubmakers and golfers is a LOT more enjoyable than bowing low to the big OEM powers that be....and being part of their "sometimes...."....mktg. blitzkrieg...

No regarding replacing the PL 3.5....man this is an easy one. The XCaliber Tour Series <gloss black w/ the chrome logo...> could easily have been called "Son of ProLite". The main difference between the two is that the XCaliber Tour has an even stiffer lower section than did the orig. PL. This to me was a design improvement based on the increased sizes/volumes of all the current driver heads. So I suggest giving them a try.

Let me explain a bit more. In the '90s w/ the intro of this "new" material called titanium, most head designers were a bit in left field in regards to head MOI, ctr. of gravity, etc. The new CWay Great Big Bertha was a great, novel design. Unfortunately its design resulted in a really high flight w/ a lot of spin. Jim Dent, for ex., at the time was using a 4or 5 deg. driver...and wanted a 3 deg. Crazy! So I designed the PL w/ the stiffest lower section in the industry to counter-act the heads' design...and an almost Pro VI sensation occurred out on Tour and elsewhere. Pretty kule...

Hope this helps and thx for the post!
Robin

[quote name='kilmidyke' timestamp='1329016014' post='4264143']
Robin, Thanks for the reply. My shaft is the Accuflex Icon not sure which model but its a grey&black shaft and 73g if I remember correctly, but def not the "lite". I read somewhere that I should get the R flex as these shafts play stiffer than flex suggests and I think it was the right choice.

I have no trouble launching the ball and these do flatten trajectory out at what i would describe as mid but with very little roll out. Spin numbers were quite high on a brief LM session, cant remember exactly what they were though. I generally play a ProV1 too if that matters.

I like the high launch / mid height trajectory I have and how smooth they are to swing. I would just like to try and find a shaft that can replace the Icon.....y'know....just in case! lol

I know there are a ton of manufacturers out there but I really like the "honesty, integrity and truth" your company brings. That and the fact that you are the guy that started it all as far as custom shafts are concerned!

Thanks again.
Liam.

Hi Liam -
I'm still waiting on some data re: the ICON. Sorry for the delay. Should have something hopefully by tomorrow.
Robin
[/quote]

[quote name='kilmidyke' timestamp='1329016014' post='4264143']

Thanks again.
Liam.
[/quote]

Hi Liam -
Still can't find the actual zone freqs or EI Curves (much more mechanical engineering based than zones...) but was told earlier today that the ICON had really stiff profiles. With that tiny bit of info I think you have two choices - either the XCaliber Tour T6+, or the new XCaliber Tour 7+. The T6+ again probably has the stiffest lower section of any shaft in the industry with a butt freq of 255cpm (5" clamp, 205 gm tip wt.). I would say the S-flex is 67 gms. and for those w/ swing speeds 105 - 110, and the TS-flex for folks over that. The model does come in an R-flex and I've had a LOT of good result for guys <105 and normally play an S-flex. The XCaliber 7+ is last years XCal 7, except I've stiffened up the lower section just a bit, and have it the gloss black, chrome logo cosmetic which I think is simple, but elegant. The 47" , 74 gm shaft in the S-flex has a similar upper profile to the T6+, but has a much softer lower section.

Let me know if you have any more questions or feel free to give me a call.
Robin

Arthur,

I see your iron shafts are described as having the lowest balance point in the industry. How will swingweight change if I was to go from a Dynamic Gold S300 to the Xcaliber taper tip at identical lengths?

Say a 37.75" five-iron at D1 with Dynamic Gold, what would the swingweight of that same iron be at the same length with the Xcaliber shaft?

• 2 months later...

Robin, well I took your advice and finally got around to building a driver around the Xcaliber Tour Stiff flex. I originally tried the shaft in a 9.5 Adams Fast 10 head that I have and honestly it just didnt work for me, it felt great but launch and traj was too low for what I was wanting to see at the range. Then after i'd pulled it from the Adams, figured I'd try it again with a little more loft, stuck it into a G10 10.5 head and WOW!!!!! This shaft not only has the feel I was looking to replicate but combined with this G10 head it spins less than the 9.5 905R/Icon combo. I dont have access to a LM so dont know the numbers as yet but from what I was seeing in a direct side by side comparison at the range, I was carrying it further and also getting some decent roll out too. Just to clarify, I am mid tempo, smooth transition and generate around 105mph on average.

I have tried many brands of shaft and can honestly say that your Xcaliber Tour series is as good as if not better than many shafts at more than 3X the price. The quality is great and i also love the fact that you stand behind your products by making yourself available for feedback through forums like this and i respect that. Good on ya! I also picked up a Tour SL S flex (white/red), popped this into an 8.5 Maltby head thinking because of the profile numbers, I would need to keep the launch down a bit so as not to hit moon balls all day. Again, WOW! This shaft is so stable and smooth. With a little higher loft, say 9.5, the launch and distance would only get better, although I had trouble not hitting this combo to the right for some reason.

Regardless, the upshot is that I am now looking at installing Xcaliber shafts in my FW and Hybrid. I would love to try the Xcaliber iron shafts, so I am going to bite the bullet, shaft up a 6 iron and give it a whirl. If the iron shafts perform as well as the Tour series then we are set for an all Xcaliber bag. My main concerns for the irons is stability and trajectory, only time will tell.

Thanks again Robin for the advice, much appreciated.

Liam.

• 1 month later...

Hey Robin,
I would love to hear more about the iron shafts as well, I've been playing Fujikura e380i in my irons, but am thinking about a back up set and was wondering about Xcaliber as a choice. I played and loved Project X for a long time until elbow problems forced me to graphite, since then I've been looking for the ultimate "plays like steeel" graphite shaft that still give me the help I need to keep my elbow from flaring up. Have not found much info on your iron shafts as most is about the woods, can you share a little about those and what I should expect from them, going to put them in an older set of Cobra Carbon CBs I think.
KH

• 2 weeks later...

I also see there is a wedge shaft out there with some funky taper to it. Without giving away trade secrets can you explain how it works? I kinda reminds me of the burner bubble. I am pretty sure though, that it is completly different from that.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• 1 month later...

[quote name='kakashi54' timestamp='1342954977' post='5325758']
i have the original blue in s flex what xcaliber would compare to it thanks
[/quote]

Hi -
The original Blue (prob. my last design at Grafalloy...but I've been told they used other designs I had out on Tour exclusively...) had a pretty stiff overall profile. To get something equivalent, and even more stout for the lower 16", you'd have to go to the XCaliber Tour T6+ shaft. To get an independent review, go to: http://www.mygolfspy.com/arthur-xtreme-engineering-xcaliber-shaft-review/.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Robin

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='TysonJC' timestamp='1344912210' post='5466566']
Hey Robin,

Just ordered the XCaliber Tour 7 TS for my RBZ and my PING i20. I haven't recieved them yet, but I am excited after reding the reviews. I will let you know how they perform when they get here and I get them in!
[/quote]

VERY kule! Let me know how they work out and if not 100% satisfied, we'll keep at it until you are.

And hey...thanks for the support!!!
Robin

[quote name='creeder06' timestamp='1340061231' post='5124058']
I also see there is a wedge shaft out there with some funky taper to it. Without giving away trade secrets can you explain how it works? I kinda reminds me of the burner bubble. I am pretty sure though, that it is completly different from that.
[/quote]

BALL; Chrome Soft X

[quote name='packman80' timestamp='1345003504' post='5474210']
Robin, how do the xcaliber tour 6+ and 7 compare to each other, the regular xcaliber 7+ stiff and to the Proforce V2 75 stiff and proforce v2 65 xstiff?
[/quote]

Hey Packman -
I just created an Excel spread sheet for you with all the pertinent specs listed. Check it out and let me know if you have any ?s. These are really different shafts in a lot of way....

Hope this helps.
Robin

<<Well I be damned....it wouldn't let me upload a simple, small Excel file. You'll have to write me again w/ your personal email to [email protected]....>>

Interesting that you have not answered my question. Maybe driver shafts get your attention more.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

[quote name='creeder06' timestamp='1345048869' post='5476756']
Interesting that you have not answered my question. Maybe driver shafts get your attention more.
[/quote]

Why don't you just email him? The man said in another thread he is extremely busy answering emails and calls everyday. The shafts are flying off the shelves and he can't keep up. You would be better served emailing him a question directly.

[url="http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/yab-fe/mu/MainView?.src=neo&themeName=purple&stab=1345050687836#"][email protected][/url]

[/quote]

Hey -
I'm on the email chain 6-7 hours a day plus the phones and a lot of times cannot hit the 5 forums I'm on so if I don't get notified from each forum/blog as i should, I simply don't know I have mail/questions/etc. I'm working by myself 14 hour days trying to bring a semblance of truth and integrity to this business and thereby build a world-class company that stands for something other than F N money. So I'm sorry your mail got lost in all that effort...and BTW...the mail I get is pretty much 45% woods, 35% FWs and Hybs, 20% irons....it ALL gets my attention...

I've actually answered this question a number of times but am happy to do so again as I think the XCaliber Spin Shafts' uniqueness deserves all the ink they can get <esp. as I have some more tricks up my sleeve that I think may rock the OEM's boats a bit...>.

Basically, the XCal Spin wedge shafts are comprised of a standard upper section, that rapidly tapers down tight below the grip end to a long parallel section. What I originally was attempting to do, and after a LOT of iterations was successful in doing, was to, in layman's terms, change the way a shaft bends during the loading and unloading phases using the GEOMETRY of a shaft as the primary drive - not the the stiffness profile. My goal was to increase the spin on shots <100 yds. away from the flag. I originally had this idea, then when the groove rule/arguments started, it obviously took on a higher priority. After many trials of where to put the taper, how long was the taper, the taper dimensions itself AND how to design the lower section to offset too high a flight but still increase spin...I/we were able to design, test and prove these shafts can add 1000-1500 (in a few cases 2000 more RPMs) than the steel shafts designed to do the same thing. So shape meets stiffness and weight distribution and the result were these shafts...

As a side note, and interestingly enough, there's been a quite a few folks who have commented that the XCal Spin Wedges reminds them of TMade's "Bubble" shaft. Furthest thing from the truth. One, the Bubble was gimmick. The mktg. "story" they set forth was that the Bubble had a concentration of weight at the bubble section that changed the MOI of the entire club and allowed for greater acceleration. Aaaaaaaaaa....not so. The wall thickness at the bubble section was exactly the same as the areas above and below that section. What TM did was to create a VERY big butt OD (0.865" vs. std. 0.500") which required a very large, thin and LIGHT grip. The combination of all created a club w/ an approx. D8 s.wt. which did raise the MOI, but not due to any concentration of weight at the bubble...

Anyway, that's the cliff-notes of the XCal Wedge. If you have any more ?s, let me know.

Best always!
Robin

[quote name='Colej' timestamp='1345050829' post='5476940']
[/quote]

Why don't you just email him? The man said in another thread he is extremely busy answering emails and calls everyday. The shafts are flying off the shelves and he can't keep up. You would be better served emailing him a question directly.

[url="http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/yab-fe/mu/MainView?.src=neo&themeName=purple&stab=1345050687836#"][email protected][/url]
[/quote]

Thanks 'Migo!

[quote name='RobinArthur14' timestamp='1345102450' post='5481152']
[/quote]

Hey -
I'm on the email chain 6-7 hours a day plus the phones and a lot of times cannot hit the 5 forums I'm on so if I don't get notified from each forum/blog as i should, I simply don't know I have mail/questions/etc. I'm working by myself 14 hour days trying to bring a semblance of truth and integrity to this business and thereby build a world-class company that stands for something other than F N money. So I'm sorry your mail got lost in all that effort...and BTW...the mail I get is pretty much 45% woods, 35% FWs and Hybs, 20% irons....it ALL gets my attention...

I've actually answered this question a number of times but am happy to do so again as I think the XCaliber Spin Shafts' uniqueness deserves all the ink they can get <esp. as I have some more tricks up my sleeve that I think may rock the OEM's boats a bit...>.

Basically, the XCal Spin wedge shafts are comprised of a standard upper section, that rapidly tapers down tight below the grip end to a long parallel section. What I originally was attempting to do, and after a LOT of iterations was successful in doing, was to, in layman's terms, change the way a shaft bends during the loading and unloading phases using the GEOMETRY of a shaft as the primary drive - not the the stiffness profile. My goal was to increase the spin on shots <100 yds. away from the flag. I originally had this idea, then when the groove rule/arguments started, it obviously took on a higher priority. After many trials of where to put the taper, how long was the taper, the taper dimensions itself AND how to design the lower section to offset too high a flight but still increase spin...I/we were able to design, test and prove these shafts can add 1000-1500 (in a few cases 2000 more RPMs) than the steel shafts designed to do the same thing. So shape meets stiffness and weight distribution and the result were these shafts...

As a side note, and interestingly enough, there's been a quite a few folks who have commented that the XCal Spin Wedges reminds them of TMade's "Bubble" shaft. Furthest thing from the truth. One, the Bubble was gimmick. The mktg. "story" they set forth was that the Bubble had a concentration of weight at the bubble section that changed the MOI of the entire club and allowed for greater acceleration. Aaaaaaaaaa....not so. The wall thickness at the bubble section was exactly the same as the areas above and below that section. What TM did was to create a VERY big butt OD (0.865" vs. std. 0.500") which required a very large, thin and LIGHT grip. The combination of all created a club w/ an approx. D8 s.wt. which did raise the MOI, but not due to any concentration of weight at the bubble...

Anyway, that's the cliff-notes of the XCal Wedge. If you have any more ?s, let me know.

Best always!
Robin
[/quote]

This thread was the first I had even heard of your shafts. After reading I went looking. I thought since you were answering questions here, that I would ask here. I appologize for the inconveniance, if any. I was just interested becuase of the unique geometry of the shaft. I did not think that it was the same as the bubble shaft. Just that looking at it kindov reminded me of it.

I would think your wedge shaft would, and I actually think should get more attention.

I actually had a burner bubble and actually liked it at the time gimmick or not.

Thank you for the break down.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

[quote name='creeder06' timestamp='1345156687' post='5485132']
[quote name='RobinArthur14' timestamp='1345102450' post='5481152']
[/quote]

Hey -

Best always!
Robin
[/quote]

This thread was the first I had even heard of your shafts. After reading I went looking. I thought since you were answering questions here, that I would ask here. I appologize for the inconveniance, if any. I was just interested becuase of the unique geometry of the shaft. I did not think that it was the same as the bubble shaft. Just that looking at it kindov reminded me of it.

I would think your wedge shaft would, and I actually think should get more attention.

I actually had a burner bubble and actually liked it at the time gimmick or not.

Thank you for the break down.
[/quote]

Hey no worries. Thanks for the post! If there's any way I can help going fwd., just let me know <<also at: [email protected]>>.
Robin

• 3 weeks later...