I got my i20's thread

PINGWRXforeme

Well, my story is still kind of weird. After being told by Ping last Tuesday that my clubs were done, being boxed as we spoke and would leave later that day, DD's today told me that they should be done TOMORROW and ship at that time. For what it's worth, the estimated ship date for me was the 5th which was yesterday. That's still better than the dude at Ping yesterday that insisted they had never been ordered! Flat can't stand the wait - especially when Ping had told me I'd have them last Friday. The golf gods are cruel indeed!

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

syiXC.jpg

At work so a quick trunk photo is all I got for now.

[b]Callaway[/b] 10.5 815 DBD, Diamana W series 70X
[b]Taylormade [/b]'16 M1 3 wood, Diamana D+ X
[b]Titleist[/b] 910 19* Hybrid, Diamana D+ S
[b]Adams[/b] 9031 23* Hybrid, Diamana D+ S
[b]Srixon[/b] z765 5-pw, Modus 3 120 X
[b]Mizuno[/b] MP-T5 50*, TT DG S300
[b]Vokey[/b] SM6 55* & 60*, TT DG S200

[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1331066306' post='4449661']
[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1331065535' post='4449583']
What is everyone doing for swingweight? My old irons are D1 (710 AP1s), and the weight seemed pretty good for my swing. Should I just get the same?
[/quote]

I got them in D2 to match my previous clubs. I tend to throw around the light weight of D0.
[/quote]

Thanks. One more dumb question. If my previous irons were standard length and D1 weight and I was fitted for +1/2" over standard length, would that extra length add to the overall swing weight to bring a D0 closer to a D1 in the PINGS?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that was already discussed. Must have skimmed over it.

Got mine!! C-Tapers, orange, 5-U...and it's snowing.

just curious, when and where did you order with the C Taper? I was told Ping is still waiting on KBS for more...been nearly 3 weeks now since I placed order, and original ship date of March 1 for DDs.

russian_roulette.gif

Ordered feb 20th, puetz golf in Seattle. Was told ship date was 3/5 due to back order of shaft but they arrived the morning of 3/5 :yahoo: . I know the pain of waiting so I hope yours get to you soon!

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1331067079' post='4449741']<br />[quote name='Charlie14' timestamp='1331066306' post='4449661']<br />[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1331065535' post='4449583']<br />What is everyone doing for swingweight?  My old irons are D1 (710 AP1s), and the weight seemed pretty good for my swing.  Should I just get the same?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I got them in D2 to match my previous clubs.  I tend to throw around the light weight of D0.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Thanks.  One more dumb question.  If my previous irons were standard length and D1 weight and I was fitted for +1/2&quot; over standard length, would that extra length add to the overall swing weight to bring a D0 closer to a D1 in the PINGs?<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

Yeah I think it does. It was discussed I think in this thread a few pages back. But someone would be able to elaborate on how much it would add.

[quote name='Pings2Win' timestamp='1330828473' post='4429561']
I'm in heaven right now! I just came from my first range session with the i20 irons and i20 driver and 3 wood and all I can say is WOW!

If any of you are put off by the feel of the demo club i.e. the interchangeable version, you have to try the glued version. It is night and day.

There is nothing special about my setup.

4-pw, red dot, CFS regular flex, aqua grips and D0 swing weight.
9.5* with TFC707 regular flex and 15* with TFC707 regular flex.

Long Irons:
The 4 & 5 irons are ridiculously easy to hit and super forgiving. Super high soft landing shots is the best way to describe it. It left me wanting to add the 3 iron and a 2 iron if they made one.

Feel:
This is subjective to each individual. But for me on well struck shots, I didn't feel the ball make contact with the club which is what I like. Very soft feeling. Mishits well it's hard to say because there weren't any. These clubs are too easy to hit.

Shot Shape & Trajectory:
Easy to hit high, low, draw, fade - stock shot was high and penetrating - no ballooning. I'm a tweener between a black dot and a red dot but went with the red dot because I wanted to play a fade and it does just that.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the ability to adjust the loft and lie with no problem. The 5's, 10's and 15's gave me fits but the 20's moved ALMOST like a forged club.

The driver was amazing - during my fitting, I was hitting draws but tonight I was hitting a nice gentle fade with a mid trajectory. The 3 wood is the easiest to hit f/w wood so easy to elevate. I can't say enough good things about these clubs. I am afraid to take them with me to Florida in a couple of weeks because god help me if the airline loses them!!!
[/quote]

ordering 3 wood now haha, is your 3 wood the 14* model?

Got mine!! C-Tapers, orange, 5-U...and it's snowing.

just curious, when and where did you order with the C Taper? I was told Ping is still waiting on KBS for more...been nearly 3 weeks now since I placed order, and original ship date of March 1 for DDs.

russian_roulette.gif

Ordered feb 20th, puetz golf in Seattle. Was told ship date was 3/5 due to back order of shaft but they arrived the morning of 3/5 :yahoo: . I know the pain of waiting so I hope yours get to you soon!

man, I just checked and I actually placed my order on Feb. 18th. I wonder why yours would of been put together prior to mine? Maybe they are only backed up on the Stiff flex C-tapers...

I went 4-P, KBS C-Taper Stiff, +1/2", GP 2G Wrap, blue dot.

syiXC.jpg

At work so a quick trunk photo is all I got for now.

VERY NICE!!! I was going to pull the trigger on the Tour S Rustique wedges as well. I went a different route and got some Chikara wedges. I'm extremely jealous that I still have to wait for my clubs. I got my i20 driver today and 4wood. So I'm 12 clubs away from a complete bag.

Hit 'em well!

ahbot

Always Changing!!!

What is everyone doing for swingweight? My old irons are D1 (710 AP1s), and the weight seemed pretty good for my swing. Should I just get the same?
[/quote]

I'm coming from D2.5 in the TM MB's and the D0 feels great, while it's obviously lighter, it's not anywhere near "too light"....

If PING had similar technology to what Taylormade did with the weight behind the sweet spot, I might consider going up, but I am not too fond of putting weight in the hosel of clubs and sliding the COG closer to the heel. PING designed the clubs at D0, so I went with how they engineered them...

Not disappointed with my choice at all. If anything, it gives me the ability go get a couple more mph out of them, not that it's needed with this distance... I'm sure the feel amazing at D1 or 2 though...pretty jealous of you guys.

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

Thanks! After a long hiatus from ping (last set were ISI's) I'm excited to be back. Course is closed for snow. "Probably" open tomorrow. I'll post my first thoughts if I get on the course.

[quote name='GetmeouttaJersey' timestamp='1331075378' post='4450699']
[/quote]

I'm coming from D2.5 in the TM MB's and the D0 feels great, while it's obviously lighter, it's not anywhere near "too light"....

If PING had similar technology to what Taylormade did with the weight behind the sweet spot, I might consider going up, but I am not too fond of putting weight in the hosel of clubs and sliding the COG closer to the heel. PING designed the clubs at D0, so I went with how they engineered them...

Not disappointed with my choice at all. If anything, it gives me the ability go get a couple more mph out of them, not that it's needed with this distance... I'm sure the feel amazing at D1 or 2 though...pretty jealous of you guys.
[/quote]
Ping does have similar tech. The swing weight is altered with different CTP weights which sit inline with the sweet spot just like the TM's. These are changeable by Ping if a customer wants to change the SW after purchase I am told.

[quote name='MT_Sens' timestamp='1331068997' post='4449941']
[quote name='Pings2Win' timestamp='1330828473' post='4429561']
I'm in heaven right now! I just came from my first range session with the i20 irons and i20 driver and 3 wood and all I can say is WOW!

If any of you are put off by the feel of the demo club i.e. the interchangeable version, you have to try the glued version. It is night and day.

There is nothing special about my setup.

4-pw, red dot, CFS regular flex, aqua grips and D0 swing weight.
9.5* with TFC707 regular flex and 15* with TFC707 regular flex.

Long Irons:
The 4 & 5 irons are ridiculously easy to hit and super forgiving. Super high soft landing shots is the best way to describe it. It left me wanting to add the 3 iron and a 2 iron if they made one.

Feel:
This is subjective to each individual. But for me on well struck shots, I didn't feel the ball make contact with the club which is what I like. Very soft feeling. Mishits well it's hard to say because there weren't any. These clubs are too easy to hit.

Shot Shape & Trajectory:
Easy to hit high, low, draw, fade - stock shot was high and penetrating - no ballooning. I'm a tweener between a black dot and a red dot but went with the red dot because I wanted to play a fade and it does just that.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the ability to adjust the loft and lie with no problem. The 5's, 10's and 15's gave me fits but the 20's moved ALMOST like a forged club.

The driver was amazing - during my fitting, I was hitting draws but tonight I was hitting a nice gentle fade with a mid trajectory. The 3 wood is the easiest to hit f/w wood so easy to elevate. I can't say enough good things about these clubs. I am afraid to take them with me to Florida in a couple of weeks because god help me if the airline loses them!!!
[/quote]

ordering 3 wood now haha, is your 3 wood the 14* model?
[/quote]

15*

ThreePutt, I love the look of yours! When I was demoing with a PING rep on nFlight, he mentioned I had better dispersion with the i20s. When I can afford a set, I'm going to get 3-P Blue dot, standard L/L with KBS Tour Stiff hardstepped. Really liked the feel, and the forgiveness could really help!

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Got mine in today from eBay.. Green dot, +1/2", D2, CFS stiff shafts. Hit the 4 and 6 iron outside and they felt great! Super easy to hit irons.. Wow!

289d7e66.jpg52246068.jpg4c7ad17e.jpg59c3aa1a.jpg

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

I just received some incredibly depressing news. I just found out that the retailer I was planning on ordering from (who shall remain nameless, but they are popular around here), is no longer taking PING orders as of YESTERDAY! I was planning on placing my order for i20s Friday!!!!!!!!

If someone could PM me a good place to place partial custom orders for these I would appreciate it.

[quote name='97friar' timestamp='1331168777' post='4458285']
Hey, I was wondering if anyone put the golfpride decade multicompound grips on the i20's? What are peoples thought's on the ping iD8's and should I go with the golfprides?
[/quote]

I checked with Ping regarding the grips, the new decade multicompound were on my Mizzy's, she said it was a $13 up charge per grip, I said thanks I'll go stock. :)

[quote name='1Kahuna' timestamp='1331170814' post='4458523']
Hey, I was wondering if anyone put the golfpride decade multicompound grips on the i20's? What are peoples thought's on the ping iD8's and should I go with the golfprides?
[/quote]

I checked with Ping regarding the grips, the new decade multicompound were on my Mizzy's, she said it was a $13 up charge per grip, I said thanks I'll go stock. :)
[/quote]

I have the shop I bought them from putting the GP Decade multicompound grips on. It was a little cheaper then Ping. But $13 isn't that bad for a $10.50 grip. I know you can find them cheaper on ebay though.

I couldn't resist anymore - purchased some from a local dealer special order from ping yesterday. sucks too cause i just got my clubs reshafted to CTaper S two months ago.

4-U - 1/2" over, Black Dot, CFS Shaft - Stiff (hit them way better than CTapers)
New Decade Multi Compound White on Black ($5 upcharge per grip)

they said 1-2 weeks.

first time owning Ping's and am pretty excited.

Callaway Rogue ST LS 9* Ventus Blue Velo TR 6s                        Titleist TSi3 9* Tour AD-TP 6s

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w 15* - Tour AD-DI 7s                 Titleist TSi3 3w 16.5* Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist 910h 19* Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s                                        Titleist TSi2 19*  Tour AD-DI Hybrid 85s
2021 Titleist T100s 5-GW w/ MMT 95s                                          Ping i25 5-PW w/ C Taper 120s

Callaway PM Grind/ 54*/ 60*                                                          Scratch DW 50*, TM MG High Toe 56*/ 60*        
Bettinardi Queen B #10 Tiffany                                                       Scotty Cameron California Fastback                                             

At the demoe day, Feb 24, my intentions were good. Try the i20s next to my S-58s and then wait for the S-55 to come out. I also tried the i20 & G20 drivers against my SRIXON, Z-Rw (SRIXON W-506, Z-Rw outdid everything on the market since 2006). I already bought a Tour-S, 52° and 60° wedges, 1½ months ago...So here's what happened.

Got a call from my local GolfTown yesterday....The G20 driver is in......The SRIXON Z-Rw is now retired, officially!

Got another call today, the 120 irons are in, I had to send them back...They weren't @ D2 swt like I ordered but, they [u]ARE [/u]coming back. I pulled the trigger on Feb 24, didn't need to wait for the S-55.

I was [u]THAT[/u] impressed with what I chose this year. On a side note: The i20 driver would not have kicked the SRIXON out of the bag but th G20 did, FWIW! Side by side, the S-57 and S-56 were not THAT much of an improvement to justify a switch from my S-58 irons. The i20s did just that.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1331164372' post='4457875']
I just received some incredibly depressing news. I just found out that the retailer I was planning on ordering from (who shall remain nameless, but they are popular around here), is no longer taking PING orders as of YESTERDAY! I was planning on placing my order for i20s Friday!!!!!!!!

If someone could PM me a good place to place partial custom orders for these I would appreciate it.
[/quote]

Can anyone elaborate? :hi:

[quote name='Foreleft' timestamp='1331178481' post='4459287']
[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1331164372' post='4457875']

[/quote]

Can anyone elaborate? :hi:
[/quote]

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/608443-discount-dans-in-ping-trouble/

[/quote]

PING's iD8's are good grips. By the time they need to be replaced, you will have had plenty of time to check out what's out there.....And, there is a LOT!

:sign:

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I was one of the lucky ones that placed an order with that retailer just before they stopped taking orders. I keep staring at my order receipt! Estimated shipping date is 3/15 clapping.gif Can't wait!. They're coming with C-tapers.

I've been all over the forum doing research on Ping woods and wedges since then. G20 driver? 5 wood? couple of rustiques? I almost went out of my mind today and ordered the lot. Thankfully I learned theres a big demo day at nearby at the end of the month so I'll wait at least until then.

ID8s felt pretty good when I tried them. Simple. Comfortable. I hear the ID8 cords are really nice for those that like cord grips.