2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Carry Bags

Ok!

I am so frustrated right now. My ping hoofer extreme is always good to me when on my back. BUT when i try and put clubs back in the back, its the biggest pain in the a**. Im so sick and tired of this bag and its jamming. Can anyone reccomend a bag that the clubs dont jam in? I carry almost all the time.

PS I hated the schling carry system when i had it. Club dividers were good though.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Hoofer from the school team and an Ogio.

Just get an Ogio without the schling system. I have last years Vaporlite in a nice blue fade, and the clubs never tangle, and they're always easy to find. However, the down side is that the legs don't close up tight against the bag (the hoofer wins in this category for me, but yeah, tangled clubs is unavoidable). But still, I always prefer the Ogio over the Hoofer so long as I'm not in a school match.

I agree, IMO Ogio wasn't thinking when it came to the schling system, doesn't fit or feel like it can hold the weight of clubs and balls as you walk up and down hills.

Vince

[sign here]

I tried every ogio carry bag and the legs just don't work with a full set of clubs. you pick the back up and the legs just stick out and never retract. I reproduced this with 10 different bags in the store.

I'm still searching for THE best bag. The sun mountain is great at 3.5 lbs but just doesn't last long enough - may need to bite the bullet and go up in weight.

How about the sun mountain bags? I just ordered a Superlight 3.5 which has come with rave reviews from other members of my club. They sell a "Mini" that's 2lbs but the club opening was so small that it made getting more than one club out at a time difficult. The 3.5 seemed like a nice compromise. Anyone had one of these?

Here's a link to the bag.

I have had hoofers since I can't remember, but carrying a 7lb hoofer extreme versus a 3lb Sun Mountain with the same features seems excessive. (cool) :cheesy:

I have the Nike Extreme Light --- don't buy it if you don't like sticking clubs and short legs.

It is a great bag IF they would increase the diameter, open up the bottom so no sticking and extend the legs by an inch.

BUT don't buy it now.

WAIT until the new Extreme Light comes out - it may be early next year -- the Rep says they solved the issues. But the air straps are great.

I have YET to find THE holy grail in light bags defined as 4.5 lbs or less. They don't make it. If they would fix the 2 issues, Nike might have it. It is extremely stable and comfy - but as explained above. . . Wait.

Ogio - everyone is correct about the legs - they don't make you happy and the bag falls down in the wind.

Sorry - I'd love to say here is the good news. But I can't ......

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I don't think Callaway gets many props in the bag department. But my Warbird stand bag is awesome, easy club management for me anyway. Stand is great and it's fairly light for me. Although I do only carry it on one shoulder. But the 2 straps work fine. Really good bang for the buck at 129.99 CDN. Here's a pic.

TM RocketBallz Stg. 2
TM r11 5 Wood
TM Rescue 11, Adams Pro Black
TM Rac LT 5-PW
Vokey SM 4/5
Scotty Cameron

I was having a discussion with some people the other day and we got on the topic of how the quality of the Ping bags is not what it used to be. There was a time when an L8 or a Hoofer would last forever but now their bags get beat up very quickly. I think Ping is to worried with keeping up with the innovations made by Ogio and other companies and not making sturdy bags.

I'm willing to bet , metaphorically, that the Callaway carry bag was manufactured by a company other than Callaway ; probably made by Ogio ?

By the way, any opinions on IZZO carry bags? I bought an Izzo Spirit II carry bag this Spring; I have used it for at least 25 rounds ; works great for me; really nifty bottle carrier that you can access while you walk.

Any IZZO thoughts out there?

I'm willing to bet , metaphorically, that the Callaway carry bag was manufactured by a company other than Callaway ; probably made by Ogio ?

By the way, any opinions on IZZO carry bags? I bought an Izzo Spirit II carry bag this Spring; I have used it for at least 25 rounds ; works great for me; really nifty bottle carrier that you can access while you walk.

Chances are Callaway outsources the bag, as for Izzo I have never owned one of their bags but I have always liked what I have seen from the product.

I have a 2001 model Callaway Daytripper made by Ogio in almost perfect condition. It does not have the Woode system but has a putter pit. While it's in great shape I have been looking for something new. I bought a Titleist X66 this summer to carry some and it's an ok bag but has no seperate putter well which I like. It's a re badged Sun Mountain 3.5 but better looking with a much better strap system.

So now that I have a light weight ( under 4lbs) that is ok, I have been looking for something to replace the Daytripper. Problem is, the only stand bags I have seen that are any where near the quality of the Daytripper are the Grom and Exo/Edge, but I like a more traditional look. Some of the Mizunos look like good quality ( fabrics, stand, etc). I will use this bag mostly when I ride but want the built in stand.

Callaway screwed up when they discontinued the Daytripper and all of the Terra Firmas look cheap but they are not.

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

I owned 2 Izzo Spirit bags - I like the bag - won't be the most durable - will last a couple of seasons. But everything is in the right place. But the legs broke on the first bag, the stand broke on the second. They replaced both, but after the second time, I asked for a cart bag as a replacement.

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Only one brand and that is Ogio.

I have two complaints, one being the towels get between the legs and a bit of a mission to get them out whilst the bag is on your back and secondly a bit of a quality issue.

But, they carry well and the storage system works well. Best I've ever had. The guys at Ogio really think when they design their bags as the important pockets are always closeby, even when on your back.

For me it is always between the hoofer and the Ogio.

Burton has new carry bags that look interesting - 3 of them are 5 pounds or less -- in the Monoshock line. These are new - so my guess is that no one has tried them. Any comments in general?

www.burtongolf.com

$120-140 at online retailers.

Anyone have e

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

what a great thread!

I've had a few L8+'s, an original hoofer, and the hoofer 2 that I carry now. It's got holes in two of the pockets, and the lettering is almost gone. Time for a new one. My question is this: Does anyone carry the Vantage? How does it stack up to the Hoofers? I'm a bit wary of the Extreme b/c of reviews here.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

I have a Hoofer Extreme (4 hole top), and I will be picking up another for a spare. I love mine, it carrys extremely well, and while walking, I can access all needed pockets. If I had one very small complaint, I would of liked one more pocket, just as the Vantage has now....but that would be for the Rangefinder I will be getting (cool)

Bulldog...

The old sunmountain 3.5 was great but they cheaped out on the straps on this years version. not as padded, not wide...very uncomfortable.

Bummer, I heard such great things about the mini that i put a reserve on one at my pro shop... might have to pass on it now... Just a pain in the back to carry this hoofer extreme.

That Hoofer vantage is a heavy puppy too; there's some weighty tech (likely the retractable strap deals) in there.