I absolutely did not figure out Hogan's secret about 30 weekends ago

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1338993935' post='5040702']

Nobody has figured out Hogan...except Mac O'Grady and grumpy eightiron...lol
[/quote]

Yeah and def not those SITD guys. just watched the holiday greeting vid for kicks, and in the overhead views of their swings you can clearly see the head backing out of it prior to impact.

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1338994593' post='5040772']
[/quote]

Yeah and def not those SITD guys. just watched the holiday greeting vid for kicks, and in the overhead views of their swings you can clearly see the head backing out of it prior to impact.
[/quote]

Sevam1 has good understanding of an aspect of Hogan's swing............

by SITD I mean within the forum one element has been recognized and UNDERSTOOD beautifully (and I've probably seen this in only one other place)............ mind you, I'm talking about 1 or 2 posts among many thousands.

The swing will click for you once these 3 main components are fully understood and focused on.

[quote name='Chew70' timestamp='1338957153' post='5039128']
[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1338847882' post='5030250']
The secret was embedded on pg 3 in Little Orphan Annie secret code, which requires an Ovaltine LOA decoder ring.
[/quote]
What could it be.... D R I N K M O R E O V A L T I N E......classic
[/quote]

I've watched it a hundred times and that's still not enough.

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1338991005' post='5040420']
[quote name='AlexCzervic' timestamp='1338987772' post='5040162']
If the OP ever uploads a swing and its an OTT cut, I am going to issue a bounty .

AC
[/quote]

Where's easy? We need a thumbs down button. Hogan's hands were OTT and he played a cut...
[/quote]

Cut produces leakage, that is fine for recreation. If you are another lefty with a bad plane, then you are not prepared.

AC

[quote name='nicebutdim' timestamp='1338995318' post='5040822']
[/quote]

[/quote]

by SITD I mean within the forum one element has been recognized and UNDERSTOOD beautifully (and I've probably seen this in only one other place)............ mind you, I'm talking about 1 or 2 posts among many thousands.

The swing will click for you once these 3 main components are fully understood and focused on.
[/quote]

Mike (Sevam1) is a good guy and has a nice swing, but his release is nothing like Hogan's. He was asked once here to post a swing where he releases like Hogan, said he would do it and never did. He's got Moe's action down pretty good though. He's more "Moegan" by his own admission.

[quote name='AlexCzervic' timestamp='1338996664' post='5040948']
If the OP ever uploads a swing and its an OTT cut, I am going to issue a bounty .

AC
[/quote]

Where's easy? We need a thumbs down button. Hogan's hands were OTT and he played a cut...
[/quote]

Cut produces leakage, that is fine for recreation. If your another lefty with a bad plane, then you are not prepared.

AC
[/quote]

Not a cut "hit with a draw swing" which is what Hogan did , IMO. His handpath on the downswing was certainly over his handpath on the backswing, but he still came into impact on the elbow plane, very much from the inside, ulike most "faders" - who are kidding themselves (they're really slicers).

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh I took your other post out of context then. I thought you meant they DO Hogan (ror). But seriously though I think they are great strikers of the ball and The twist right foot stuff was something I considered valuable for a while. I probably still do it without thinking about it.

At any rate thanks for the input. For the record I wan't badgering you, I just got excited when I thought you were going to spill more beans. I like beans

[quote name='AlexCzervic' timestamp='1338996664' post='5040948']

AC
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cut produces leakage, that is fine for recreation. If you are another lefty with a bad plane, then you are not prepared.

AC
[/quote]

another Lefty? are you saying I putt from the rough?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What's that ONE element and who is/are the posters? Would like to look it up.

[quote name='AlexCzervic' timestamp='1338997721' post='5041060']
[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1338997017' post='5040990']
[/quote]

I was questioning if you swing OTT and try to hold the face open with your pivot. I then ripped off Homer.

AC
[/quote]

Go to my youtube channel in my sig. Im working on it. Better than ever for now but Im like Jekyll and Hide on the course

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1338996938' post='5040974']

[/quote]

Oh I took your other post out of context then. I thought you meant they DO Hogan (ror). But seriously though I think they are great strikers of the ball and The twist right foot stuff was something I considered valuable for a while. I probably still do it without thinking about it.

At any rate thanks for the input. For the record I wan't badgering you, I just got excited when I thought you were going to spill more beans. I like beans
[/quote]

I've come to the conclusion that spilling beans would be somewhat pointless for you and me both............ strange though it may seem!

I could tell you what it is but it would probably not resonate unless you DISCOVERED it........... knowing "what" without the "why" so to speak.

i like this discussion though............... so can I ask a question:

[b]WHAT DO YOU THINK [u]HOGAN'S[/u] SECRET WAS?[/b] (I don't mean all the elements you need to try and emulate Hogan, but what the small changes were that he personally made in one day in 1946)

<p>[quote name='nicebutdim' timestamp='1338998510' post='5041164']<br />
I've come to the conclusion that spilling beans would be somewhat pointless for you and me both............ strange though it may seem!<br />
<br />
I could tell you what it is but it would probably not resonate unless you DISCOVERED it........... knowing "what" without the "why" so to speak.<br />
<br />
i like this discussion though............... so can I ask a question:<br />
<br />
<strong>WHAT DO YOU THINK <u>HOGAN'S</u> SECRET WAS?</strong> (I don't mean all the elements you need to try and emulate Hogan, but what small changes that he personally made in one day in 1946)<br />
[/quote]</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9gCZCNGs3Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p> </p>
<p> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zOSfSY07qRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Setup, Takeaway, Grip, and Definitely something to do with the right elbow/forearm which makes his right hip move completely different.  The lateral move was always kind of there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You cant have one without the other IMO</p>

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1338998269' post='5041128']
Go to my youtube channel in my sig. Im working on it. Better than ever for now but Im like Jekyll and Hide on the course
[/quote]

I LOVE your release pattern. Can you get some driver swings up there.

It's funny because in your takeaway you kind of roll the club behind you and under the plane. I worked on doing the opposite for a while but lately I've been realizing that a lot of guys that do what you do have really good releases. I think the key is keeping the club shallow in the BS while still keeping arms in front of chest. And it goes without saying you need to pivot properly.

But I guess my point is the pivot can only help so much if your arm swing is out of wack (i.e., club too steep or arms too deep).

Hoganfan, could you please comment on this? This was my takeaway from reading all Geoff's stuff.

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338999778' post='5041274']
[/quote]

It's funny because in your takeaway you kind of roll the club behind you and under the plane. I worked on doing the opposite for a while but lately I've been realizing that a lot of guys that do what you do have really good releases. I think the key is keeping the club shallow in the BS while still keeping arms in front of chest. And it goes without saying you need to pivot properly.

But I guess my point is the pivot can only help so much if your arm swing is out of wack (i.e., club too steep or arms too deep).

Hoganfan, could you please comment on this? This was my takeaway from reading all Geoff's stuff.
[/quote]

And Ping, just curious what you shoot? Do you play in tournaments?

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338999973' post='5041292']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your camera work is terrible though lol. Really disappointing stuff there.

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1338999166' post='5041238']
<p>[quote name='nicebutdim' timestamp='1338998510' post='5041164']<br />
I've come to the conclusion that spilling beans would be somewhat pointless for you and me both............ strange though it may seem!<br />
<br />
I could tell you what it is but it would probably not resonate unless you DISCOVERED it........... knowing "what" without the "why" so to speak.<br />
<br />
i like this discussion though............... so can I ask a question:<br />
<br />
<strong>WHAT DO YOU THINK <u>HOGAN'S</u> SECRET WAS?</strong> (I don't mean all the elements you need to try and emulate Hogan, but what small changes that he personally made in one day in 1946)<br />
[/quote]</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9gCZCNGs3Gk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p> </p>
<p> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zOSfSY07qRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Setup, Takeaway, Grip, and Definitely something to do with the right elbow/forearm which makes his right hip move completely different. The lateral move was always kind of there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You cant have one without the other IMO</p>
[/quote]

Wow his swing was so different as a young man........... thanks for sharing.

The things that you mention are all important aspects to his swing however he did not alter these all in one day! He'd been developing his fundamentals for quite some time and was already on his way to becoming a successful golfer.

So what changed in one day that took him from his swing in 1945 (which had problems with the hook) and got him instantly power fading the ball? two things.

The third element is a unique'ish move that you and I would need to fully understand in conjunction with these, but it was something he did already pre-Secret.

[quote name='AlexCzervic' timestamp='1338997721' post='5041060']
[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1338997017' post='5040990']
[/quote]

I was questioning if you swing OTT and try to hold the face open with your pivot. I then ripped off Homer.

AC
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you never make low power 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and fullswings, I would recommend it.

AC

[quote name='tylerdurden' timestamp='1338999973' post='5041292']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. And 80-90s for now. I get messy with the driver. Hit 2 fw per round unless I tee off with a 5 iron. I can only make those swings with a wedge in my hand. Its a process. I'm getting there. My short game is solid though. Once I get my gir around 12 on longer courses id love to play tournaments. For now I hit 4-7 gir on short courses though.

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1339001671' post='5041482']
No. And 80-90s for now. I get messy with the driver. Hit 2 fw per round unless I tee off with a 5 iron. I can only make those swings with a wedge in my hand. Its a process. I'm getting there. My short game is solid though. Once I get my gir around 12 on longer courses id love to play tournaments. For now I hit 4-7 gir on short courses though.
[/quote]

Cool man keep it up. I'm still really curious to see a driver swing sometime if you can post one.

[quote name='ej002' timestamp='1339003724' post='5041706']
Who do you think at SITD has it figured out?

As far as your components - I have a feeling Dariusz has a one of them incorporated into his theory. Am I correct?

And secrets don't make friends.
[/quote]

Dariusz has identified the Micro moves just about as well as anybody........... his theory of limitations is a very interesting one........... my only personal criticism is that he focus's a bit too much on full automation for my liking, when we human's aren't robots....... this is such a mind and feel game.

None of these three components are secrets............. its just tying them together that's the key............. people often say 'well Hogan did this, and it must be the secret'.......... well sure but what was he trying to accomplish and what other elements blended with this to assist it and make it effective?

[quote name='bshovers' timestamp='1339005168' post='5041820']
useless thread especially for me because I don't even know what the theories of the secret are....especially this jones guy what is his point of view....if only watched a few videos on youtube but am still waiting for a diffinitive answer before i start decidding what i believe
[/quote]
Another guy who wants to be handed something without working for it. Ror. Great

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1339358877' post='5062448']
useless thread especially for me because I don't even know what the theories of the secret are....especially this jones guy what is his point of view....if only watched a few videos on youtube but am still waiting for a diffinitive answer before i start decidding what i believe
[/quote]
[/quote]

Well said.

bshovers, if you want to get your bearings then do the following:

- read Hogan's "5 Lessons"
- watch Dariusz J's Youtube videos (channel h1e2x3) or google 'biokinetic golf swing' for his website
- Watch and read the ideas of Sevam1
- Hit 5,000-10,000 balls working on these fundamentals and swing keys
- ask questions of what you are struggling with
- keep watching videos of Hogan

Simple enough? get studying and dig it out the dirt.

[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1339358877' post='5062448']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah. Who is the Jones he is talking about? Geoff/Slicefixer? Geoff has put everything in his posts from 2008 onwards all over here in Wrx. He even authorized the dissemination of the Encyclopedia Texarkana...

bshovers, I suggest you shove your bullxxxx and read/study all the posts in here...many of us here did, despite our agreements and disagreements...lol