2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

My Apologies

JWolfe607

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. So now his Roommates help him with his Golf Biz........yet have no idea about a web site they are on all day. The Same Roommate friends who listed the putter for sale here----and the same roommates who responded to every post here.

This is getting quite silly.

So Lets review:

There is one Restored Napa.

It has more than likely been sent back to the Studio (which doesn't re-open til Jan 2)

It will come back with a Different shaftband and cover.

No Europe- No 2 Putters- No roommates

It's basically as simple as that.

Guys don't get all up in arms....

And spot on again on the lurking thing, how many of these simple rejections of excuses are to come? This guy is here all the time (or his roommate, or both....) think it's time to come clean and just apologize or something, no need to make a bigger fool of himself than he's already doing.

This roommate had nothing to do with the putter. I asked that very question and he said "I told them not to do it, but I guess they did anyway". And I asked and he said there are 4 of us. Jason, me, and 2 other guys. You guys can slam me all you want for this...there will always be someone who won't agree with you. I am not saying I don't...I just don't know...I got 2 sides of the story and both make sense to me.

This roommate had nothing to do with the putter. I asked that very question and he said "I told them not to do it, but I guess they did anyway". And I asked and he said there are 4 of us. Jason, me, and 2 other guys. You guys can slam me all you want for this...there will always be someone who won't agree with you. I am not saying I don't...I just don't know...I got 2 sides of the story and both make sense to me.

No Slam on you at all. But to believe this entire thing one would have to believe:

A person who purchased many camerons on ebay (check completed auctions)- had No clue what a Napa was worth.

While owning one for 11 years.

Buy another one.... a short 10 days ago....

Then have his roommates list it for sale here and tcc....and start this whole charade.......

Maybe Jer-Jer thought he was IMing a roommate. Yes, this story could be conveyed as such. It just sounds like Europe is an excuse and roommates is a convenient alibi to deflect blame somewhere else. However this plays out, the truth is known by JWolfe607. If this is the actual accounts then great. If not, he has to live with the truth, I do not. Simple as that.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I don't know. There have been some nasty remarks by Jason that needs, or should be, verified. He stated something that is simply not true and said he has a receipt to prove it. He got a little snippy when he was called out. Simply put, he was attempting to commit fraud, plain and simple. He opened up Pandora's Box and now either should make amends or get what is due to him. I am certain that this selling example is not what GolfWRX wants. I know that had he attempted to pull this crap at TCC he would have been permanently banned. Whether he has a good record here or not is not the point. The point is that he was attempting to commit a misleading sale for over $250 and he knew it. He needs to apologize for his idiocy. Until then, the members here can voice their feelings if for any reason but to protect others from sellers like this.

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

I say this is dead and pointless and a mod needs to lock it up.

I disagree. There should be a little bit of accountability here. The OP stated a couple times that he is in Europe, but each time the IP keeps coming back to New Jersey. Now, the Garden State is a nice enough place, but France it's not. Add to that the fact that the OP keeps lurking around, I'd like to see him come clean. To add to choeppner's book of cliches, 2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts will. I think the OP only has to make up one more whopper before he is back on the right track. :fool:

:hi:

I don't know. There have been some nasty remarks by Jason that needs, or should be, verified. He stated something that is simply not true and said he has a receipt to prove it. He got a little snippy when he was called out. Simply put, he was attempting to commit fraud, plain and simple. He opened up Pandora's Box and now either should make amends or get what is due to him. I am certain that this selling example is not what GolfWRX wants. I know that had he attempted to pull this crap at TCC he would have been permanently banned. Whether he has a good record here or not is not the point. The point is that he was attempting to commit a misleading sale for over $250 and he knew it. He needs to apologize for his idiocy. Until then, the members here can voice their feelings if for any reason but to protect others from sellers like this.

I agree, I don't care if it's a $1.00 or $500.00 misleading is just flat out wrong.

I just want to apologize to everyone I've flipped off while driving my car.

I meant to flash you the 'peace sign' but my roommate was holding down my index finger. :fool:

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Clearly, if this member logged on to post "I'm in Europe and my roommates have played a prank on us", the Marshall would have seen an IP in Europe for that message (yes, EVERY post is tracked and recorded, from my experience on TCC). That, as they say, is that.

John

Spot on.

And Chris, what's up with dragging Denmark into this!! :fool:

Ah, what a tangled web we weave...

Great detective work guys. I'm sure Pitbull will be impressed. :fool:

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

Ah, what a tangled web we weave...

Great detective work guys. I'm sure Pitbull will be impressed. :)

:fool: As soon as I saw the post I had my doubts...made the check and sure enough New Jersey is still in the United States. Good work beruo for noticing it too. I should have saved the effort knowing that you were online. :D

I see that the seller is online and in this thread. I would think that with the overwhelming proof that his posts were indeed done from the US, including the original as the GolfWRX moderators has stated, now would be a time to end all this and acknowledge the faux pas. A word of advice, the further you let this continue, the worse your reputation becomes. An adult would have admitted the error in judgment in the first place and not let the thread get to 78 posts. Being that you are 24 and may not have understood that many of us are older and wiser, in terms of a scam, maybe this is a good lesson for you. Unethical practices will result is very undesirable results when we get older. You got caught on this one. Maybe you may have thought this was an innocent thing but for many of us, we bust our butts to make the $250+ that you would have profited from. Making a honest profit is a good thing. Making a dishonest profit is never good. Nor is it ethical and done with integrity. JAT

Oceanside, NY isn't in New Jersey, Wolfe is from Oceanside - or was at one point - he knows the area, and local buisnesses - he and I PM'd about it, as I used to live one town over. He said he used to live in Hoboken, though - maybe that's where the "roommates" are...

You are correct but New York is certainly not Europe either.

Now let me say that I am an outside observer with no dog in the fight though I have dealt with George before and know him to be a good and honorable man. But something doesn't really add up, the OP says that his roommates are responsible yet another post said they aren't roommates but his assistants. So the guy doesn't know who the guys dealing with his stuff are?

On the plus side I would like to commend the OP, he is almost 25 and owns his own golf shop AND can afford an extended trip to France. :fool:

... The OP stated a couple times that he is in Europe, but each time the IP keeps coming back to New Jersey. Now, the Garden State is a nice enough place, but France it's not. ...

This appears to be the icing on the cake. It really is time to end this and make full admission.

Bottom line is that the intent of the sale was to make a fast buck off some unsuspecting buyer. This, IMO, ranks very low and makes internet purchases a bad thing. There are many people doing this with a variety of items. To expose a person doing this takes one step in protecting internet buying for all. I know I will never buy anything from the seller because of this transaction. I could care less that he had a very good transaction record before this. This offering and all the lies he posted ruined his credibility with me and many others. IMO, offering a fraudulent sale was a very stupid and careless thing to do.

The bottom line is. If everything were Truthful-- Bottom Line, he would have to own 2 Napas. If that were the TRUE case----the explanation would have been like this:

" I am out of Town- I asked a friend to list my New, Mint 1995 Napa. In Plastic with Non NOS headcover and grip- for sale. He listed the wrong one. I would sell this restored one I just got off ebay last week for $500.00. Or I would sell the original One I have owned since 1996 for $800.00. Sorry for the confusion"

That's it.

No "I'm in Europe"

No fictional Roomates Who prank people by selling things for them LOL!

No "I will take pics in 3 weeks"

No "I might send this into the Custom shop for a pro platinum finish" as his first For Sale ad states.

( why would you send a new never restored Napa in for a Platinum finish????????)

So Again. There is One Putter. he bought on Ebay. It is restored. has the wrong headcover and shaftband. He has since sent it in for a NOS Grip-shaftband and headcover. And has 3 weeks to come up with another new in plastic napa for a 2 Napa photo op lol :fool:

Plus--- if all of this were not true, I know I would defend myself to the hilt. He is not.

Interesting how this seller can Call customers from France--- But he can't call his "roommates" to post a pic of the New 1995 napa with the receipt from 1996 he says he has. But then again Maybe his roommates camera is broken LOL

The careless part is not knowing the target audience. Had he not tried to represent a refinish to hard-core Cameron collectors, he might have been able to pawn it off on the less informed person that wants an 8802 style putter. But to represent it as ultra collectible will draw the scrutiny of those with very trained eyes. And if anyone has eyes like that, it's going to be a guy like George, who is well respected in this community.

Much less the concept that a 13 year old boy could resist touching a putter for 11 years. (I might consider a 20-something collecting sports memorabilia, but not a teenager with a top of the line putter. Very low percentage chance of this happening)

As excuses continue, the hole that's being dug gets deeper. Perhaps you should win a giveaway and then claim that you gave it to your dad? Perhaps you can claim that you are misquoted and that bottom line, everything's good? Perhaps you can zest in the shower and claim that your roommates are still typing all of this?

It's getting deep in here.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Also, the seller had no idea what NOS stood for and claims his virgin Napa has NOS. The seller keeps digging himself deeper with each excuse (lie) he posts. Would anyone in their right mind want to deal with a person like this?

Look people make mistakes. And in this Season or time of the year, I would be the first one to say : Admit your mistake now and you gain customers later.

He got his t** in a wringer, was caught and his mistake was trying to cover it up. And his mistake was not knowing people would notice such blatant misrepresentations.

In person, if you mess up you lose one customer. On the internet-- you can lose hundreds if not thousands.

But admitting it now... might actually gain customers.