2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade Booth / Caesar Palache / GolfWRX / Live all week

[quote name='LDH_12' timestamp='1359147977' post='6298147']
Perfect, exactly what I was look for, thanks CP
[/quote]

YES!!! That was my goal, one perfect answer! Ok I'm done now no need to keep answering.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1359138827' post='6297037']
This is something they should feel comfortable answering. Thank you for the effort.

Why is the Super TP $900 when anyone can build the exact same driver for far less money? What is the value in the Super TP? Shaft graphics?
[/quote]

Oh and one more thing on this, they answered everything I asked without a problem, it's just some answers will be posted by professionals not named CP, does that make sense? They weren't holding back, and all I'm hiding back is stuff I'm leaving to guys who do this for a living. So sorry for not have full answers on some topics but I will ask this tomorrow.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='dlefty' timestamp='1359123707' post='6295335']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359085871' post='6293687']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359068060' post='6291915']
[quote name='blink3665' timestamp='1358986906' post='6285485']
Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that I'm going to have to keep TWO windows open for running Taylormade threads? Man, it's a good thing I have dual moniters at work (I plan on having a WRX page open on both. You didn't think I was going to WORK on one of them did you?). Your play-by-play coverage of your TMag trip was awesome. I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

1. What is the evolution of the Speed Pocket?
2. What do they see as the benefit of the adjustable sole plate for face angle vs what other OEMs have done by integrating it into the hosel (Nike and Titleist having the most "adjustability" built in)?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Speed pocket was the big evolution last year, this year it's the carpenter steel and very very thin face. They were able to incorporate an adjustable sleeve. Beyond that I don't know much about the evolution of the speed pocket in woods.

I've got a great answer for you on face angle. As with Zach, they wanted to do a big write up on. Give me time ill write up a good explanation for you tonight
[/quote]

Ok Face Angle!!!!!!

Straight from the mouth of Tom Pearl head of Metal Woods (or something like that)

Loft is measured suspended from the shaft of the club, not soled on the ground. Face angle is measured horizontally when the club is soled, so the sole effects the face angle, depending where the shaft is. [size=5][b]By every 2 degrees of loft change, you alter the face by 1 degree.[/b][/size] Thats just physics, it not TM physics, it Isaac Newton physics...I think thats the right guy? Its the same for all OEMs. If you alter loft, you alter face angle because the club sit differently on its sole no matter what...unless you have an ASP plate to adjust the face angle by protruding further out closing the face...or being further up in the club opening the face.

You cannot, cannot change loft without altering face angle, it is not independent. Not saying an OEM is lying...it just not independent.

He explained a lot more, but Tom is a brilliant guy and much smarter then I am so I only could follow so far before my brain exploded.

Taylormade uses the ASP plate because face angle is measure when the club in soled on the ground.
[/quote]

:busted_cop: CP - it's the other way around, mis type by you maybe? I know the engineers, designers, and all others at TM will specifically talk about every degree of face angle change equals 1/2 degree of loft change.
Just don't want a bunch of new confusion out there from this incorrect info above from you.
[/quote]

Thank you! That was a mistype by me, I appreciate your spell checking! You the man. My head has been spinning like a top so I need a spell checker. Ill edit that.

1* of loft=2* of face angle.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='HammerTM24' timestamp='1359132920' post='6296313']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359120243' post='6295021']
[quote name='HammerTM24' timestamp='1359117530' post='6294837']
Thank you CP, you are doing a great job. It's obvious that not every question will be able to be answered and I think everyone needs to respect that. As a serious TM ho, I appreciate all you are doing and also want to thank Wrx and TM for sharing info with us as well as continuing to giveaway awesome prizes! [color=#0000ff][b] Now see about getting TM to ship me me a R1 Super TP....[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Thanks bud! Ill try to get more answers and more info up before I leave Saturday.

I want to get some more info in the new sleeves espescially
[/quote]

So I can expect you'll handle my request above? Thanks again! :rockon:
[/quote]

Ill put in a good word since i like you haha

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1359136586' post='6296745']
[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1359123605' post='6295325']
Caesar when Zak does the V2 write up can you make sure they address my origional questions, thanks man...

1.) why no "uni-loft" on tour (I could care less if the Tour Pro's have unique drivers but not utilizing the tech raises flags)

2.) how did they manage to create a driver face (budge & roll, etc etc) which supports all lofts equally, seems to me that one specific loft would create the optimal "hotspot" and the others not so much.

3.) if you do not sole the driver at address how does this effect technology

Thanks, BB
[/quote]

I sole my Driver to set my grip. Maybe this is why they do it.
[/quote]

I responded to BB a few posts back.

Loft is measure when the club is soled. So that's why the ASP plate to control face angle. You can't control loft and face angle independently. Face angle would change with loft of not for the sole plate.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1359132980' post='6296321']
CP,

here is one for you to ask them

Who makes their carry bags, mainly the Micro Lite 3.0 and why, why, why only three colors in that model....Where is the R1 colors?
[/quote]

I don't know if they were micro lite but I posted pictures of bags and there was like 40 different combos.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1359129706' post='6296009']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1359129247' post='6295955']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1359127656' post='6295783']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1359123611' post='6295327']
[quote name='cal842' timestamp='1359089321' post='6294011']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1359079222' post='6293007']
CP, why don't they sell weight kits like they did back in the day for the MWT drivers?
[/quote]

You can still get the weights individually from 1g to 18 g. Just go to your closest Taylormade dealer
[/quote]

I know you can buy individual weights but they do not sell the kits with hardcase any longer, why is that? Also, what's the deal with the new wedges you mentioned that are coming soon? ATV blacks I hope...
[/quote]

The better question on the weights, why do we not see black and or white weights? At least the part of the weight that we see on the outside. Now that would complement any head....colored weights please!
[/quote]

A friend of mine has painted his weights white and it looks cool. The only problem is when he goes to move the weights around the wrench scratches the heck out of it. That could be why TM does not ghost out the weights.
[/quote]

I have painted a few flat black with a white dot....they have done pretty well for the most part and I don't even know what I was doing!
If you can make a driver fit all, colored weights can be done!
[/quote]

Man you guys are thorough with your colored weights. Probably just no market for it since its more cost effective to make them plane metallic.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1359066244' post='6291695']
CP... when will the new fitting carts with the Bladz and Bladez tours be available to fitters?
[/quote]

I thought our was shipping march but we may be low on the list since we just ordered it last month

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359149952' post='6298409']
CP... when will the new fitting carts with the Bladz and Bladez tours be available to fitters?
[/quote]

I thought our was shipping march but we may be low on the list since we just ordered it last month
[/quote]

I just check on my Rocketbladez Tour Fitting heads and system says 2/1/13 ship.
I have everything else iron wise.

JWF

ALL Taylormade :)

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have had my demo heads and cart since the 10th of January...Still no tour heads, but I have a demo set in the bay...
Should see them in the next week or so...

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

[quote name='jwfgolfpro' timestamp='1359151575' post='6298561']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just check on my Rocketbladez Tour Fitting heads and system says 2/1/13 ship.
I have everything else iron wise.

JWF
[/quote]
[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1359151627' post='6298565']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have had my demo heads and cart since the 10th of January...Still no tour heads, but I have a demo set in the bay...
Should see them in the next week or so...
[/quote]

All ive got so far is the standard rocketbladez demo set I got back in mid November. Members have been hitting those to get a feel. That and a few individual 7 irons.

If I really like the member I let them hit my tours haha but that's special occasions only

Taylormade Spider Ghost

Ok guys, I'm back!

Like I said a bit earlier I came here as a PGA Professional, meaning I had to do a bit of work...just a tiny little bit. Ok not that much. I apologize for going AWOL this morning. Golf course and meetings all day, spent very little time on the floor. Tomorrow morning I will be there and I've got some topics I want to go over and get some answers

1. Iron shafts, any plans for new shafts or more stock/non upcharge shafts
2. More info on the R1 Super TP, specifically looking for an answer on price point
3. Putters/Daddy Long Legs
4. Sleeves, sleeves, sleeves
5. RBZ Stage 2 Tour Driver (thats long name) specs, and crown graphics (whether the tour will be on the crown or not)
6. I'll see if I can address the COR of the woods some more
7. Ask where Dave Cordero gets his hair cut.
8. Tell Taylormade we need to start a R1 Super TP club with membership cards and photo IDs for discounted green fees.
9. Maybe a little more info on ASP plate and what if you don't sole the club at address
10. Buldge and roll of the face and loft angles as requested by Big Ben (someone much smarter then me)
11. New wedges

I'll be satisfied if I get 50% of these questions asked or answered, just not sure I'll have much time with the higher ups, but I'll be asking anyone I can.

Depending what Robo has going on tomorrow (if hes even still there) we were going to try and meet up, Taylormade guy and a Callaway guy doing a meet? Waring nations coming together to talk? Will there be ever be peace? Just kidding Robo is a great guy, I'm sure most people like him more then this CP guy since I get drunk on Kool Aide every few months.

I'm meeting with my Adidas rep tomorrow morning, anybody got requests for stuff from Adidas (by stuff I mean pictures or info not actual free stuff you vulchers!)

I'll end with this, Adams...who I haven't covered much, is going to have a great year and they have something big coming up. Stayed tuned, they are moving fast.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

CP,
You can cancel #5....it is on the Driver crown, and hosel. It is NOT on the FW crown, but IS on the hosel.
All for the RBZ Stage 2 "Tour" Driver and FW.

We finally got the correct photos up on the TM site for the Driver and that matches what is seen elsewhere for online retail.
They do NOT have the correct description however for the Tour Driver...copy job from the Std. model.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1359156370' post='6299013']
Get some numbers on the stage 2's if you can bud.
[/quote]
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1359157250' post='6299109']
Yes, I'm curious about the Stage 2 fairway woods CP. I'm thinking of getting a couple in the spring, along with the new hybrid. I would appreciate your take on them. Many thanks!

By the way, can you please tell me what warm weather feels like? I forgot! :-)
[/quote]

Oh I can hit the stage 2 no problem! I'll get some numbers tomorrow hopefully.

I've already got one on order. I was told to ditch my 09 rescue for the new one so it may finally be out of the bag.

Weather has been great, I got some sun! 70s today!

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Baltimoregolf22' timestamp='1359162230' post='6299541']
#11 Wedge wise there will be two types:

Rocketbladez A 50*, S 55*, L 60*

ATV is the same as last year with lofts of 50*, 52*, 54*, 56*, 58*, 60*, and 64*. There may be a carbon/smoke finish added to the line a bit latter in the season.
[/quote]

That's what I heard but it was never confirmed

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Redskinsfan' timestamp='1359159904' post='6299335']
CP, any idea why the tour 3hl isn't available in the tp upgrade? Tour model choice it's there but not in TP offerings that I see
[/quote]

I was wondering that myself. I preorder the 3hl with the tour shaft (heavier shaft) but I should have gotten the tour 3 hl in all honesty. A TP upgrade would have been nice. I'm sure they offer it since it just a shaft. But I know for some reason it's not an option on their website

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Baltimoregolf22' timestamp='1359162230' post='6299541']
#11 Wedge wise there will be two types:

Rocketbladez A 50*, S 55*, L 60*

ATV is the same as last year with lofts of 50*, 52*, 54*, 56*, 58*, 60*, and 64*. There may be a carbon/smoke finish added to the line a bit latter in the season.
[/quote]

Hopefully it's the carbon smoked forge version that was released in Japan.

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359167547' post='6300093']
CP, any idea why the tour 3hl isn't available in the tp upgrade? Tour model choice it's there but not in TP offerings that I see
[/quote]

I was wondering that myself. I preorder the 3hl with the tour shaft (heavier shaft) but I should have gotten the tour 3 hl in all honesty. A TP upgrade would have been nice. I'm sure they offer it since it just a shaft. But I know for some reason it's not an option on their website
[/quote]

The Stage 2 Tour 3HL is offered as a TP with a full offering of shafts from Aldila, Matrix, Fujikura, Oban, Mitsubishi, Project X, and Graphite Designs. The TP version can be special ordered through any merchant who has a TMaG account.

[quote name='Baltimoregolf22' timestamp='1359169733' post='6300391']
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Stage 2 Tour 3HL is offered as a TP with a full offering of shafts from Aldila, Matrix, Fujikura, Oban, Mitsubishi, Project X, and Graphite Designs. The TP version can be special ordered through any merchant who has a TMaG account.
[/quote]

ahhh i knew it, website just doesnt give the option, but i havent gone through my order book or pre orders to check into that

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359172437' post='6300649']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ahhh i knew it, website just doesnt give the option, but i havent gone through my order book or pre orders to check into that
[/quote]

When you do there is an online site for merchants, tmag.biz. It acts as an online hub where you can view all of the products/custom options, orders, invoices, and shipment tracking. Just get with your Rep (Rob), I believe and he can help get you set up. Ah to be down there in the warm weather! Keep up the great reporting!

[quote name='Baltimoregolf22' timestamp='1359175452' post='6300887']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When you do there is an online site for merchants, tmag.biz. It acts as an online hub where you can view all of the products/custom options, orders, invoices, and shipment tracking. Just get with your Rep (Rob), I believe and he can help get you set up. Ah to be down there in the warm weather! Keep up the great reporting!
[/quote]

Any idea if the site is planning on adding that to look at options? At least add more shaft options in the 3HL in the regular tour? Right now there is only 3 options.

[quote name='Redskinsfan' timestamp='1359177447' post='6301003']
[quote name='Baltimoregolf22' timestamp='1359175452' post='6300887']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any idea if the site is planning on adding that to look at options? At least add more shaft options in the 3HL in the regular tour? Right now there is only 3 options.
[/quote]

Right now on taylormadegolf.com the only lofts offered in the RBZ Stage 2 Tour TP fairway are the TS 13*, 3, and 5. Just choose the basic options and then choose customize right under add to cart. You can view all of the shaft/grip options and their pricing. You can special order the 3HL through any facility that has an account. Not sure why they do not have all of the lofts listed. Sorry CP if I jumped in there too much. Night everybody!