2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade RocketBladez Tour Vs Callaway X-Hot Pro Vs X-Forged 2013

PingDrv00

I am trying to decide which irons to upgrade to after having the same set of sticks in the bag for the last 4 years. I have hit both the X-Forged 2013 as well as the X-Hot Pro, and was really wowed by both the looks and performance of both. I really liked the feel and look of the PXi shaft as well. I am intrigued though by the tech in the RBladez Tour though, and other than the fact that every shaft I want is an upcharge, really want to give them a go. If you have hit them, give me some idea in terms of the forgiveness between the three, as well as overall performance. I am kind of leaning towards the X-Hot Pro as it seems the best of both worlds, but I would love to get some opinions. I apologize if this may be a duplicate thread and please consolidate if need be.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit the X Forged against the RBTours and the MP64's
the XForged were a close second to the MP64's, but the MP64's w PXi's EASILY won over for many reasons (I have a thread started about it)

if your sold on Cally, the X Forged w PXi's are a good combo
I just didnt like the way the head looked on the x forged

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1360176615' post='6374171']
I hit the X Forged against the RBTours and the MP64's
the XForged were a close second to the MP64's, but the MP64's w PXi's EASILY won over for many reasons (I have a thread started about it)

if your sold on Cally, the X Forged w PXi's are a good combo
I just didnt like the way the head looked on the x forged
[/quote]

Can you add a link to your thread?

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1360176989' post='6374219']
Look wise, plus stock offering....those X Forged are to die for!
[/quote]

They sure are pretty aren't they? They look like they are begging to be hit. I really thought they seemed just as forgiving as the X-Hot Pro's.

I have hit all three.

I found the X Forged to feel good, but considerably shorter and less forgiving than the others. Close to a club shorter.

I really liked the Xhot Pros. The ballspeeds were amazing, and very consistent. My only issue with them is that it seems like they have a bit more draw bias than the others. It could be the PX 95 shaft, which also felt a bit too light for me.

The RBTour had very close ball speeds to the XHot Pro, but felt more neutral. I also liked the feel of the speed pocket, but must say it is an entirely different feel than the others. They all felt good, only in different ways.

I need to spend some more time on the range, and hit them along side my beloved VRS Forged

I know that if you liked any of the over the VRs Forged then must really be something. I was sure those VRs'es were firmly set in your bag. I was actually just thinking of picking a set up since they are going pretty cheap now.

[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1360177251' post='6374269']
I have hit all three.

I found the X Forged to feel good, but considerably shorter and less forgiving than the others. Close to a club shorter.

I really liked the Xhot Pros. The ballspeeds were amazing, and very consistent. My only issue with them is that it seems like they have a bit more draw bias than the others. It could be the PX 95 shaft, which also felt a bit too light for me.

The RBTour had very close ball speeds to the XHot Pro, but felt more neutral. I also liked the feel of the speed pocket, but must say it is an entirely different feel than the others. They all felt good, only in different ways.

I need to spend some more time on the range, and hit them along side my beloved VRS Forged
[/quote]

How was the distance between the Pro and the Tour?

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1360178820' post='6374455']
I know that if you liked any of the over the VRs Forged then must really be something. I was sure those VRs'es were firmly set in your bag. I was actually just thinking of picking a set up since they are going pretty cheap now.
[/quote]

Oh, as of right now, they are firmly in my bag, but I keep an open mind to everything new that is released. I'll do anything I can to get a bit of competitive advantage.

Keep in mind that before I bought the VRS', I never played anything Nike. Now they are vying for nearly every spot!

As for distance, The XHot Pros seemed a bit longer. Ballspeed was slightly better, but that could be all attributed to the slightly lighter shaft.

One thing that I REALLY like about the TM is that the pocket goes away in the 8 iron and up. It seems like distance gaps will be easier to manage with that set. I'm concerned that the XHot PW will be flying 140+ (I'm 130 now) and I only hit my gap wedge 115 or so.

Maybe some with Xhot Pro experience could chime in on that...

I
[quote name='scottvw13' timestamp='1360180983' post='6374701']
[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1360178820' post='6374455']
[/quote]

Oh, as of right now, they are firmly in my bag, but I keep an open mind to everything new that is released. I'll do anything I can to get a bit of competitive advantage.

Keep in mind that before I bought the VRS', I never played anything Nike. Now they are vying for nearly every spot!

As for distance, The XHot Pros seemed a bit longer. Ballspeed was slightly better, but that could be all attributed to the slightly lighter shaft.

One thing that I REALLY like about the TM is that the pocket goes away in the 8 iron and up. It seems like distance gaps will be easier to manage with that set. I'm concerned that the XHot PW will be flying 140+ (I'm 130 now) and I only hit my gap wedge 115 or so.

Maybe some with Xhot Pro experience could chime in on that...
[/quote]

I am taking that at least for you the X-Hot's were actually longer than the TM tours?

That is sure not a very definitive answer to say the least. I have yet to hit the TM tour but the XHot Pros were almost silly long with the PXi shaft. The ball speeds were impressive as well

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1360189751' post='6375765']
I am not sure not a very definitive answer to say the least. I have yet to hit the TM tour but the XHot Pros were almost silly long with the PXi shaft. The ball speeds were impressive as well
[/quote]

Im not a PXi guy, as much as id like to try them in my tours. im a ctaper guy, and i just put them in my tours today and its the longest combo ive hit in a players iron that i can remember.

x forged may be one of the best 2 irons ive ever seen in my life. and everyone knows I'm a taylormade guy. i cannot wait to hit them again.

xhot pro looks much better then the razr x irons, still a little much offset for my liking. to your point about how long they are, if they are that long it will be interesting to stack them up against the standard bladez and tours. let me know if you get a chance to compare the two, im not sure when my demos will be coming in

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360204772' post='6377487']
I am not sure not a very definitive answer to say the least. I have yet to hit the TM tour but the XHot Pros were almost silly long with the PXi shaft. The ball speeds were impressive as well
[/quote]

Im not a PXi guy, as much as id like to try them in my tours. im a ctaper guy, and i just put them in my tours today and its the longest combo ive hit in a players iron that i can remember.

x forged may be one of the best 2 irons ive ever seen in my life. and everyone knows I'm a taylormade guy. i cannot wait to hit them again.

xhot pro looks much better then the razr x irons, still a little much offset for my liking. to your point about how long they are, if they are that long it will be interesting to stack them up against the standard bladez and tours. let me know if you get a chance to compare the two, im not sure when my demos will be coming in
[/quote]

I have been looking for the demos to come in as well. You finally bit the bullet though and threw the C-Tapers in the Tours though? What effect did it have on both the feel and performance?

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1360239683' post='6379365']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360204772' post='6377487']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been looking for the demos to come in as well. You finally bit the bullet though and threw the C-Tapers in the Tours though? What effect did it have on both the feel and performance?
[/quote]

I always loved the feel of ctapers. Performance was great, flat piercing trajectory that got high without spinning. I could launch them high withouth the worry of spinning them to much and losing control. I could hit high shots and low shots with ease, didn't bave to manufacture a ball flight, I could just swing normally without the fear of losing them to a high launch

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1360249702' post='6380317']
Did you see any increase in distance?
[/quote]

i did, but i dont know that i can say the ctapers added the distance as much i was now able to swing normally without the fear or lauching it to high, the ctapers kept the ball on a great trajectory that works perfect with my swing, about a half club or so extra distance. same gain i saw when i went from kbs tours to ctapers in my mc irons. it just allows me to get after the ball and hit shots high without ballooning. the stiffer lower spinning shaft is perfect for me.

so techinically yes i did gain distance because of the ctapers

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360250412' post='6380439']
[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1360249702' post='6380317']
Did you see any increase in distance?
[/quote]

i did, but i dont know that i can say the ctapers added the distance as much i was now able to swing normally without the fear or lauching it to high, the ctapers kept the ball on a great trajectory that works perfect with my swing, about a half club or so extra distance. same gain i saw when i went from kbs tours to ctapers in my mc irons. it just allows me to get after the ball and hit shots high without ballooning. the stiffer lower spinning shaft is perfect for me.

so techinically yes i did gain distance because of the ctapers
[/quote]

I wish you had some X-Hot Pro Demos in so you could do some launch numbers.

Has anyone gotten one of the yellow bucket hats that the caddies are wearing? At least they're wearing them in the Euro event that's on now.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

• 2 weeks later...

I hit the Xhot pro and the RBZ Tours on the CG2 the other day. Both felt great and just had the stock offering shaft. The Callaway was 7-8 yards longer, slightly higher ball speed and a degree and a half lower launch.

When I got home I looked them up and found the TM has more of a players loft as seen on the TM MC's and the callaway has jacked up lofts closer to the Rocketbladez non tour model then to the MC's. Thats where the increased ball speed, lower launch and increased distance comes from.

The X Hot Pro's are by far the easiest irons I ever hit...great feel,look, flight, workable---and LONG!! Too long for me
I know everyone says just get used to them.......I'm a head case--I just can't

As far as the C Tapers---they are longer for me than other shafts,,,but I really hate the feel

TM R1 Phenom
Ping 18*
TM 22*
Mizuno Easy Forged
TM 52-56=60
2 ball blade milled

I have been playing Burners 1.0 for a while and have been looking for new irons. I demoed the VRS forged and loved the feel and distance but wanted to wait for the X Pros and TM Tours. I was able to hit those at Golfsmith yesterday but not on a monitor. The Tours felt better but it was the 7 vs the Pro 6 and with the loft difference anyway it is like a 1.5 club difference. How is the distance of the VRS forged vs the Tour and Pro, the forged feel is nice but I thought the TM was a close feel.

I own the 2013 callaway x forged irons w/ KBS c taper shafts. On a scale 1-10 i rate these clubs a 8 or 9. I was extremely impressed with these irons. The moment i set up to them I was just shocked with the way it looked. On top of that performance was amazing I was able to work the ball left to right and right to left at ease.. The only issue i had with these clubs is i went from pings to these and pings 6 7 8 9 wedge are all 2 degrees stronger in loft! I noticed a higher ball flight and 5-8 yards short in distance right away. I went and got them 2 degrees stronger and now its right back to my comfort zone in the distance control.. after doing this the clubs are rated a 10.. i havent hit the rocketblades i hear they are very long but not forgiving at all where i felt the callaway was the most forgiving forged iron i hit up against titleist and mizuno

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='jayhawk03' timestamp='1363280762' post='6611177']
I am currently playing the razr x tours and am looking at the callaway forged 13. i hit them at a golf expo couldnt get the distance but the feel was great! how much distance loss do you think might occur?
[/quote]

jayhawk03..first Welcome to Wrx and your first post!

Depending on shafts, I would say you won't lose any distance. I came from TM Tour Preferred 2009's which are 1* weaker across the set with the X Forged and I think I have added more than 1* worth of yardage on full out swings, which I don't take often. But the distance control with these is CAKE!! Just so easy to dial in yardages.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

if you have the same shaft the xhot pros are going to be about half a club longer than the x forged. too me the biggest difference is the head weight, i am finding the pxi's in the XF, i tend to hit it towards the heel, i haven't hit a shot in the heel in probably a year, but with the xf i was consistently towards the heel, even hosel.

i think the head weight to shaft might be too much and throws the balance off (for me), so i am having to grip it harder to control the club face which causes me to hit bad shots

Have hit all three as was considering a change / upgrade to my Mizuno MP-59 irons. Really liked the feel of the Pxi but liked the forgiveness and distance of the X Hot Pro Irons. Wasn't sold on the look of the shorter X hot pro irons. The RBladz were solid just didn't dig the headshape.

Took feedback of them all and after seeing / hitting a buddies RAZR X Tour irons, had a set of RAZR X tour irons built with Pxi. These irons are as long as the X hot pro and look considerably better. This is one of the sleeper irons out there that you don't see much at all.