2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Iliac Golf - Wool Pom Head Covers $5.99

Satang

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365624129' post='6803859']
put them in a prepaid USPS Box or envelope and they ship anywhere for that price. Trust me, I just shipped a set of four this week. $6 all day long.

and even if we use your $10 price, that's still a profit of $15-$16. till not killing anyone, but why upcharge your fellow members? Just like buying a club, trying it and deciding you don't like or want it. Flip it, that's not an issue, but flipping it to make a few measley bucks, IMO, is.
[/quote]
I understand the principle you are trying to convey here.

People are flipping stuff on the BST daily. They are getting it from places that they know about for cheaper and are selling it to fellow members for a profit. It happens all the time. If someone only goes to the BST and sees these, values them enough to spend that much, let him spend his money. People get shafts and heads from connections and sell them on here for the going rate, making a profit. Can't have a double standard. If someone doesn't have a connection or doesn't frequent rest of this site to find that deal, that is on them.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mahanate' timestamp='1365624896' post='6803979']
[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365624129' post='6803859'] put them in a prepaid USPS Box or envelope and they ship anywhere for that price. Trust me, I just shipped a set of four this week. $6 all day long. and even if we use your $10 price, that's still a profit of $15-$16. till not killing anyone, but why upcharge your fellow members? Just like buying a club, trying it and deciding you don't like or want it. Flip it, that's not an issue, but flipping it to make a few measley bucks, IMO, is. [/quote]

That I agree with you 100% on. Your profit calculation ignores original shipping cost: if it was $31 to the original purchaser, and he/she receives $48 after Paypal fees, and spends somewhere between $6-$10 to ship, the profit is $7-$11.

[size=4]All that said, I 100% agree that on this deal, I would feel very uneasy making a profit selling to a fellow WRX'er just because I jumped on it before they sold out.[/size]

[size=4](as an aside, you are clearly a smarter shipper than me- I couldnt get them inside a small flat rate box or a padded envelope without worrying about mangling the poms. fortunately, since I was not looking to make a buck, but rather pass on the deal to a fellow WRX'r, he sent me $5 more. transactions like that are why I love this site- most of the time, they are between gentlemen who golf.)[/size]
[/quote]

Thanks, that was my point exactly... deals should be passed on to fellow ho's. Did this guy need the $7-$11 that bad? If so, maybe he shouldn't be on a site filled with ho's. I for one will never look at another sales ad of his because again IMO, I think he lacks integrity.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1365624915' post='6803989']
[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365624129' post='6803859']
put them in a prepaid USPS Box or envelope and they ship anywhere for that price. Trust me, I just shipped a set of four this week. $6 all day long.

and even if we use your $10 price, that's still a profit of $15-$16. till not killing anyone, but why upcharge your fellow members? Just like buying a club, trying it and deciding you don't like or want it. Flip it, that's not an issue, but flipping it to make a few measley bucks, IMO, is.
[/quote]
I understand the principle you are trying to convey here.

People are flipping stuff on the BST daily. They are getting it from places that they know about for cheaper and are selling it to fellow members for a profit. It happens all the time. If someone only goes to the BST and sees these, values them enough to spend that much, let him spend his money. People get shafts and heads from connections and sell them on here for the going rate, making a profit. Can't have a double standard. If someone doesn't have a connection or doesn't frequent rest of this site to find that deal, that is on them.
[/quote]

I love this mentality. "Others are doing it, so I'm going to do it too."

Like I said, to each his own, I guess it's all about if you can sleep at night or not.

Odyssey ProType #3

Honest question, you have 329 feedback, you lost money or broke exactly even on every one?

Taylormade TP5

When deals like this come up IDEALLY everyone who wants that product should be able to go to the merchant and order it. What often happens is that someone sees a potential profit to be had and purchases large quantities. This essentially kills the deal. It's frustrating to find out that the item you wanted was quickly sold out. Then you get the secondary disappointment if you see people selling them off at inflated prices. I'm not talking about people who bought a set and then after determining they weren't what they wanted use the BST to recoup their money.... I'm talking about the people with NO intention of using the items for themselves.

I guess it comes down to if you see your fellow WRXrs as friends/peers or if you are of the 'every man for himself' camp.

Say someone wants to unload a driver quickly on the BST. I jump on it ASAP and PayPal him $200. It doesn't work out for me, doesn't fit, whatever. I go to sell it on the BST and the going rate is $300. How should I list it?

Taylormade TP5

At this point, anyone who actually turns a net profit of two cents on a batch of these crap Chinese wool socks ought to pat themselves on the back. Forget not being able to sleep at night, give them an award for being a business genius. I predict that anyone who bought a batch of these from RBG and resells on BST will lose at least a few dollars when all's said. If not more. There' a long way between ASKING 50 bucks and GETTING 50 bucks for something that wasn't all that great a deal at $30...

[quote name='wetdogsmell' timestamp='1365625610' post='6804097']Then you get the secondary disappointment if you see people selling them off at inflated prices. [/quote] OFFERING them at inflated prices. Just because you see "50 dollars" posted in an ad does not mean anyone, anywhere is ever going to pay $50 for the item. At the very least they get haggled down to $40 (that's about the normal haggle-factor in my experience on BST) and in the majority of cases they get zero actual interest in their inflated attempt at "flipping".

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1365625682' post='6804105']
Say someone wants to unload a driver quickly on the BST. I jump on it ASAP and PayPal him $200. It doesn't work out for me, doesn't fit, whatever. I go to sell it on the BST and the going rate is $300. How should I list it?
[/quote]

I'd say you should list it at whatever covers your costs for your experiment, and there USED to be a BUNCH of people on here who felt the same way, but I'm gonna guess that your answer is to list it at $300 and make as much as you can, because that's what this site is for and about.

Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='Fourmyle of Ceres' timestamp='1365625863' post='6804129']
[quote name='wetdogsmell' timestamp='1365625610' post='6804097']Then you get the secondary disappointment if you see people selling them off at inflated prices. [/quote] OFFERING them at inflated prices. Just because you see "50 dollars" posted in an ad does not mean anyone, anywhere is ever going to pay $50 for the item. At the very least they get haggled down to $40 (that's about the normal haggle-factor in my experience on BST) and in the majority of cases they get zero actual interest in their inflated attempt at "flipping".
[/quote]

Totally see what you are saying. I'm talking about more than this particular deal. It's something that you see often on other 'Deal websites' too. People see a good deal and instead of only taking what they can use they gobble up as much as possible, spoiling it for others.

[quote name='wetdogsmell' timestamp='1365625610' post='6804097']
When deals like this come up IDEALLY everyone who wants that product should be able to go to the merchant and order it. What often happens is that someone sees a potential profit to be had and purchases large quantities. This essentially kills the deal. It's frustrating to find out that the item you wanted was quickly sold out. Then you get the secondary disappointment if you see people selling them off at inflated prices. I'm not talking about people who bought a set and then after determining they weren't what they wanted use the BST to recoup their money.... I'm talking about the people with NO intention of using the items for themselves.

I guess it comes down to if you see your fellow WRXrs as friends/peers or if you are of the 'every man for himself' camp.
[/quote]

Thanks! You GET it!

Odyssey ProType #3

Unless you are a moron like me. I sold a few sets on eBay for 39.99 assuming $6 shipping and got dinged for $14 via ups in the RBG box. No way to get them into the small flat rate box, but could have maybe done the envelope if I did the vacuum deal treatment.

My bag at the moment

915D3 9.5 Ad DI 6X
915FD 3 wood - AD Di 8x
915HD - Ad DI 85x
Legacy Black 4-PW
Vokey 51, 55, 60 DGS400
Circle T Golo

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365626000' post='6804145']
[/quote]
I'd say you should list it at whatever covers your costs for your experiment, and there USED to be a BUNCH of people on here who felt the same way, but I'm gonna guess that your answer is to list it at $300 and make as much as you can, because that's what this site is for and about.
[/quote]
Your high horse is really high. In an ideal world, I wish it was just people covering their costs. It isn't. Everyone is trying to get top dollar or market value. I really wish this was an "old boys" club swapping clubs and all. It's not.

I had the chance to go on the TMAG trip to Doral and was lucky enough to get new driver, 3W, and hybrid. Should I give away my Anser driver that I just paid $325 for?

Taylormade TP5

It was just like the NDMC grips that so many guys went out and got and then unloaded all the extras on here at inflated prices that were still "a good deal". What's wrong with passing them on at your cost? If guys hadn't bought 10 sets to begin with, maybe others would have been able to get some as well.

I assure you that this site didnt create the BST to be a "profit center" for some guys wanting to flip gear, but instead as a place where like minded individuals could try stuff and pass on those things that didn't work or fit, but NOT at a profit.

Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365626347' post='6804199']
It was just like the NDMC grips that so many guys went out and got and then unloaded all the extras on here at inflated prices that were still "a good deal". What's wrong with passing them on at your cost? If guys hadn't bought 10 sets to begin with, maybe others would have been able to get some as well.

I assure you that this site didnt create the BST to be a "profit center" for some guys wanting to flip gear, but instead as a place where like minded individuals could try stuff and pass on those things that didn't work or fit, but NOT at a profit.
[/quote]
There is nothing wrong with it. I guess I am saying I wish it was ALWAYS that way. I'm sure there are MANY people on this site that have connections to retailers or OEM to get their clubs or shafts. They aren't giving that stuff away on here and passing it on to fellow members. They are getting market value. I wish it was differently.

Who cares if someone goes on eBay to sell this stuff? That isn't protecting our members.

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1365626345' post='6804197']
[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365626000' post='6804145']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Your high horse is really high. In an ideal world, I wish it was just people covering their costs. It isn't. Everyone is trying to get top dollar or market value. I really wish this was an "old boys" club swapping clubs and all. It's not.

I had the chance to go on the TMAG trip to Doral and was lucky enough to get new driver, 3W, and hybrid. Should I give away my Anser driver that I just paid $325 for?
[/quote]

and where do you come up with that ignorant coment based on my statements? Of course you shouldnt give it away. No where did I ever insinuate anything of the sort.
And my "high horse" isn't too high. Perhaps yours is too low?

Odyssey ProType #3

You keep talking about profits as though they actually happen more than once in a blue moon. Do you have any first-hand knowledge of actual, net, after fees and expenses profit being turned on any BST item? Or are you going by listed asking prices and assuming everything in the world can be sucked into a $6 flat-rate envelope? A lot of guys would love to flip gear and make big bucks but in my experience (which BTW has never included asking anything like as much as something cost me, must less marking it up) the buyers around here are such haggling, low-balling cheapskates it seem hugely unlikely that any real profits are out there to be made. You're falling for the asking-price illusion, it costs nothing to run a BST ad so lots of them get run up the flagpole with zero chance of success.

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365620955' post='6803407']
[quote name='ryan.s' timestamp='1365610599' post='6801345']
I don't think $50 for a set of 4 is unreasonable. It cost him around $31 with shipping to buy from RBG? If you add what it cost him to ship to his buyer assuming he sends it usps priority plus paypal fee's he would make a total profit of about $5? I wouldn't think most people would have an issue with him making a $5 profit for his time especially if it was a color scheme that was out of stock and couldn't be purchased from RBG directly.

For the record it wasn't me that had the bst listing. Just bought one set of pink for the wife and she still has them on her clubs. Just trying to give an objective perspective before the lynch mob starts.
[/quote]

no, it wasn't you, but I know who it was and wil give his name to anyone who wants it via PM. Not looking for a lynch mob, but you should probably check your math. They were $5.99 each, so 4 was $24 plus the $6 RBG charged for shipping. I sold my set of 4 for $30. $6 each plus $6 for shipping. So I lost paypal fees of what? 3%?? so less than a buck for fees. Sorry... I don't expect or want a lynch mob, but clearly the sellers conscience kicked in and he realized it was wrong as well. He deleted it quicker than most could reply.
So let's not muddy the facts, that's nearly a $20 profit, not $5. And IMO, not right.
[/quote]

Seriously what is your deal? No need to PM anyone it was me. Did you even consider the possibility that I paid extra for shipping 3 day service guaranteed (12.99), received the covers and then changed my mind? Or did you even consider the fact that nearly no one gets their asking price in the BST? Common practice IMO to list something at least 5 to 10 bucks higher than what you'll take just because you are going to get the low ball offers. Everyone wants a deal and it is sure great that you feel it is your obligation to protect everyone.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

So why remove your ad so quickly?? If it were any of those scenarios, you would've left it up there and sold them , but that's not the case. If you sell them for a price that covers your expense and let guys know that, they won't lowball you, and if they do simply say "no thanks, just trying to cover my cost". Guys respect that, but of course guys are going to try to get it cheaper when they KNOW that you've marked them up.

Odyssey ProType #3

I didn't remove it the mods did without me even knowing I'm guessing because there were too many items listed in one ad. Missed that requirement. Are you happy yet? Maybe you should start a campaign against this seller on eBay who is selling only three of the same covers for 35 plus 8.90 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171021710896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

- Lord Tennyson

[quote name='newportbeach' timestamp='1365627586' post='6804373']
I didn't remove it the mods did without me even knowing I'm guessing because there were too many items listed in one ad. Missed that requirement. Are you happy yet? Maybe you should start a campaign against this seller on eBay who is selling only three of the same covers for 35 plus 8.90 shipping.

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/171021710896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649[/url]
[/quote]

Really? I couldn't care less what people on eBay do. Maybe you should sell on eBay. Seems to be a better fit!

Odyssey ProType #3

guys... there is a 20+ page thread on flipping already.

There are two thoughts..

A) this BST is supposed to be different and you're not supposed to buy something for X and then try and sell it here for X+ (regardless of how little your market up is).

B) this BST is what every other forums for sale section is.. list for whatever you want and see if someone bites.

I mean, read through that post. If you feel like A, chances are you're not gonna agree with B. And if you agree with B then A is just stupid and on their high horse.

Either way you cant get upset about others being passionate about their beliefs.

can we just lock this now?

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1365630459' post='6804821']
Albatrosser- I can see where you are coming from and I also understand newportsbeache's position. Let me ask you this- all your 329 feedback history, you never got a good deal and turned a profit?
[/quote]
I asked that earlier and never got a response.
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1365625554' post='6804093']
Honest question, you have 329 feedback, you lost money or broke exactly even on every one?
[/quote]

Taylormade TP5

I've gotten a number of good deals on here... not once have I flipped a club for profit. There's been many that I didn't like and dumped in the first wek, but I listed them fior what I paid and i've lost more money on this site than I care to think about, but I've also given numerous guys an opportunity to try things at the same cost that I paid for the club. You can believe that or not, it maaters not to me, but there are a number of guys on here that can atest to that fact as well.

Odyssey ProType #3

Ive had many deals with Grant and will say I doubt hes never made a profit as the laws of probability dictate otherwise..

BUT he does have a reputation, as being very reasonable and fair. Which is why people, if given him or someone else will likely chose Alb.

Again, keep in mind hes not asking or suggesting that you sell for less than you paid. No one in their right mind would do that. His point, and like he pointed out here and in the other thread, is that some feel that its against WHAT THIS SITE (why does that continue to fall on def ears) is supposed to be about. His main point of contention is when people buy items, with the SOLE intent of selling them here for a profit.

Of his 329 deals, he probably could have made a LOT more money on ebay (google him + Muiras and ask yourself how good of a deal that was). He chooses to post here because he has an interest in seeing the site grow.

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

[quote name='Russ757' timestamp='1365632045' post='6805055']
Ive had many deals with Grant and will say I doubt hes never made a profit as the laws of probability dictate otherwise..

BUT he does have a reputation, as being very reasonable and fair. Which is why people, if given him or someone else will likely chose Alb.

Again, keep in mind hes not asking or suggesting that you sell for less than you paid. No one in their right mind would do that. His point, and like he pointed out here and in the other thread, is that some feel that its against WHAT THIS SITE (why does that continue to fall on def ears) is supposed to be about. His main point of contention is when people buy items, with the SOLE intent of selling them here for a profit.

Of his 329 deals, he probably could have made a LOT more money on ebay (google him + Muiras and ask yourself how good of a deal that was). He chooses to post here because he has an interest in seeing the site grow.
[/quote]

I know that he is a good dude- I was never questioning Grant's morals or character.

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365631612' post='6804993']
I've gotten a number of good deals on here... not once have I flipped a club for profit. There's been many that I didn't like and dumped in the first wek, but I listed them fior what I paid and i've lost more money on this site than I care to think about, but I've also given numerous guys an opportunity to try things at the same cost that I paid for the club. You can believe that or not, it maaters not to me, but there are a number of guys on here that can atest to that fact as well.
[/quote]

You my friend are a better man than most, I can appreciate your good spirit and passion in passing on a good deal and helping another golfer. After all the sport the we are all so nuts about is based on honesty and integrity. In this day and age with the poor economy the struggle is real... Also some people are (dare I say it) cheap, they will do anything to turn a profit. Others are just savvy... It doe's not surprise me that people are trying to benefit from a good deal, honestly I expect it.

For the record, I haven't made a profit on here either. I respect your approach to the BST. I wish it was that way all-around. It seems like a race to the bottom.

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365629921' post='6804731']
[quote name='newportbeach' timestamp='1365627586' post='6804373']

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/171021710896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649[/url]
[/quote]

Really? I couldn't care less what people on eBay do. Maybe you should sell on eBay. Seems to be a better fit!
[/quote]

You seemed to care about eBay here

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/812005-iliac-golf-wool-pom-head-covers-599/page__st__150__p__6671189#entry6671189

Anyway, the facts remain that 1) I didn't close my ad because I was somehow trying to hide it like you said I was doing and 2) I was not seeking to sell them at a "significant markup" like you also accused me of doing. Obviously you care a lot about this site which is great, but I think it would be nice to get more facts before you go jumping to conclusions. But hey that is just my opinion.

- Lord Tennyson