2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Iliac Golf - Wool Pom Head Covers $5.99

Satang

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1364433101' post='6710787']
[quote name='jaw2k9' timestamp='1364431534' post='6710603']
[quote name='Fourmyle of Ceres' timestamp='1364430240' post='6710439']
I think they just do leather nowadays, no more wool.
[/quote]

Yes I understand, but why? Sales? They dumped a crapload of wool on RBG. Had to be a reason for that, no?
[/quote]
They wouldn't be signing players to wear their stuff if they were going belly up.
[/quote]

While I do agree with you, there are many stories of players being signed to wear or play stuff from companies going bankrupt - happened more than once to Nick Price. But that was not my real point, it was more a question as to why dump ALL that stuff, if RBG is selling them at $6 each, they could not have paid more than MAYBE $2 each. If iliac had said - let's get out of the wool market - they most likely could have sold ALL their stock at what $10 each - and this thread would still have at least 7 or 8 pages!

So, the question remains - why did they dump likely thousands of covers for litteraly pennies on the dollar? - this was more a question for those SPECIFICALLY looking to buy the stuff in order to flip it.

As I indicated in earlier threads, I may attempt to sell 2 sets, not sure, but if I do, I will hope to get my investment back (including all shippng costs and MAYBE a couple bucks for my time), but I have not, am not and will not just buy this drek for the sake of loading it up on ebay.

That's what I was trying to get at - sorry if the message got lost in all that. :-)

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='stealthrt91' timestamp='1364472002' post='6712647']
People already trying to flip them in the BST lol
[/quote]

That's friggin ridiculous. Go thru all that to make $50. Wow.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1364472528' post='6712685']
I bought some. I participated in this forum, but this is funny how a $5.99 item is getting so much attention.

Be honest, how many of you cut your own hair to save money... ;)
[/quote]

I am quite happy with mine so I have just sat by idly but I've been dropping in to read what everyone is saying about a $6 knit headcover and it's been good for a chuckle

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1364473573' post='6712745']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm not sure who the OP of this is referring to, but if by chance it's Rapture25 that has the red,white, and blue ones on the BST right now, you really should check the facts -He bought those covers from me a couple of weeks ago, just before RBG came up with these and the big sale.
These covers for $6 are NOT the same quality that Iliac is known for. These must be seconds or rejects from possibly people they had contracted to make them. Just a guess, but the quality of these are worth the $5.99 that they're asking for them. Their normal knit covers were outstanding. Not any better than JuJu, but on par with her stuff. These are for the most part.....crap!

Please be careful when wildly accusing someone of flipping RBG's crap headcovers, when you simply don't know. Go look on eBay and you'll see. Some familiar names from this site, flipping them where they belong.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1364475164' post='6712889']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm not sure who the OP of this is referring to, but if by chance it's Rapture25 that has the red,white, and blue ones on the BST right now, you really should check the facts -He bought those covers from me a couple of weeks ago, just before RBG came up with these and the big sale.
These covers for $6 are NOT the same quality that Iliac is known for. These must be seconds or rejects from possibly people they had contracted to make them. Just a guess, but the quality of these are worth the $5.99 that they're asking for them. Their normal knit covers were outstanding. Not any better than JuJu, but on par with her stuff. These are for the most part.....crap!

Please be careful when wildly accusing someone of flipping RBG's crap headcovers, when you simply don't know. Go look on eBay and you'll see. Some familiar names from this site, flipping them where they belong.
[/quote]

Haha I don't think there were any WILD accusatations. IF someone is doing that on this site, they should be drawn and quartered. Simple.

If not, no worries. I dont think it's worth getting mad at the OP for...if that's the story then that's the story. It's not like anyone questioned him.

Do you have a set of JuJu's? The illiac knit & the like (rocket tours) aren't even close in quality (my buddy has a set of illiacs from a year ago - why I bought mine). Granted, JuJu's are $125 for a set.

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1364475963' post='6712967']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha I don't think there were any WILD accusatations. IF someone is doing that on this site, they should be drawn and quartered. Simple.

If not, no worries. I dont think it's worth getting mad at the OP for...if that's the story then that's the story. It's not like anyone questioned him.

Do you have a set of JuJu's? The illiac knit & the like (rocket tours) aren't even close in quality (my buddy has a set of illiacs from a year ago - why I bought mine). Granted, JuJu's are $125 for a set.
[/quote]

The thing with JuJu's that makes them so good is she makes them just for your clubs. I told her what hybrids I had and she made them to fit. I agree that these are not on par with JuJu, but I have some Iliacs and Rockettours that I have bought earlier, and to me these are just as good. For $6, these are a steal IMO.

Oh, don't get me wrong...these are tremedous for the price. On par with RocketTours and I got the set I posted for $25 shipped. Major steal.

Got my 3W cover on the bag last night and, to be honest, I am kind of glad the driver was out of stock. One pom is looks great. but I have a feeling another one or two would have been too much for my tastes (I know...blasphemy!!!)

Customer service was reasonable via email in resolving the issue and I have been told I will receive a refund.

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1364475963' post='6712967']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

actually I've had 3 or 4 sets of JuJu's and was one of the first on this site to let others know about her and how great she is. There's no doubt that hers are the best, and she is as well. Some foks wanted to banter about Havala Travis, and some folks ended up never getting their headcovers from that thief. There's never an issue with JuJu or her product. AND most dont realize this, but she would out play most of the members on this board, as she is one helluva good golfer!

Odyssey ProType #3

Set 2 has arrived. So, now I have set of all black and a set of the gold-yellow (?) red and blue.

Anyone want to buy the whole set either color 5 covers for $200?

KIDDING!!!!

As to JuJu - I cannot speak to them. But I have had a set of Havala Travis covers, and while I really liked them (and used them uninterupted for about 4 years, the material on these (iliac) is thicker, but Havala's fit snugger.

I was one of her early customers and my set was all custom - before she got into the more detailed custom work. I have no complaints with them but they do develop splits which I assume is what happens with wool when 2 clubs are crunched together too tightly.

Anyway, if I could get for a reasonable price, a set with the specs that Havala made, using the thicker wool that iliac uses -- that would be a VERY fine set of covers.

And I for one LIKE the larger pom poms. That said, to allow me to compare, I do have a third order in for the iliacs with tassels!

I hope your tassles come in better looking than mine. They look ragged, the tassle itself is vey thin and the yarn feels extremely cheap. My pom pom order looked great but the 2 different tassles I got (for hybrid and utility) look very cheap.

Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='Yosef' timestamp='1364495177' post='6715223']
Mine came in yesterday, I ordered a 3 wood for my driver and a hybrid for my 3 wood and they fit perfect.
[/quote]

How small is your 3 wood? I couldn't fit my "you know what" into the hybrid cover.

Jus kidding. I guess I can. Don't ask me how I know.

I've got a skull and cross bones leather tooling thingy I'm gonna punch one of the patches with, and sew in a misfits patch to one of the others

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

[quote name='greens hit' timestamp='1364496698' post='6715397']
[quote name='Yosef' timestamp='1364495177' post='6715223']
Mine came in yesterday, I ordered a 3 wood for my driver and a hybrid for my 3 wood and they fit perfect.
[/quote]

How small is your 3 wood? I couldn't fit my "you know what" into the hybrid cover.

Jus kidding. I guess I can. Don't ask me how I know.
[/quote]

The 3wd cover fit just fine on my Cleveland Launcher steel circa 2005. It's a pretty small head.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

The hybrid cover is very very tight on my 910h but the 910f fits the 3 wood perfectly. Still gonna throw some elastic bands on both of them though. The Pom is huge on the 3 wood cover.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

Ordered my 2nd set Tuesday and received them today. Correct order and color.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

[quote name='stealthrt91' timestamp='1364515140' post='6717185']
My driver cover and all 3 wood covers barely fit my Tour Burner and XCG fairways. I feel like I'm going to rip the cover putting on the driver cover because it so tight. I think its because the Tour Burner heads are so funky shaped and the XCGs are just large in general though.
[/quote]

My driver sock barley fit my d3.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

Got mine in today (minus one driver cover that I knew wasn't in the box).

I ordered the blue/red/white driver and fw. The poms are ginormous! The driver fits my 913D2 fine, maybe a tad loose but it isn't going to fall off. The fw cover is loose on my Amp 4 wood. I ended up putting the fw cover on my Amp Cell driver! It is a tight fit but it works.

I bought two of the red/blue/white hybrid covers. They fit my Rescue 11s perfect. I really wish they would have had the red/blue/white in a driver and fw when I ordered as I love that color scheme.

I didn't get the black/white/yellow argyle driver cover but I did get the fw and hybrid covers. The fw cover fits my Amp 4 wood perfect. Comparing it with the blue/red/white fw cover, it is like two totally different covers. Weird. I didn't pull the black/white/yellow hybrid covers out yet.

With all that said, I'm thrilled to have two really nice sets of covers for ~$50. I'd be singing a different tune had I paid retail (or close to retail) for them). I think I will order a couple of utility covers for my fairways now.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

[quote name='mac94' timestamp='1364519516' post='6717639']
Iliac shirts run big. Order size down.
[/quote]

Huh?

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S